• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Weren't you the person that was screaming at people to not talk about a particular game and any spoilers? Mass Effect, maybe?

Also, specifically because I was there and i requested for that specific game not to?

if some one comes in here and says hey guys, i'm not able to watch the port game til the day after can you spoiler tag? yes everyone would and should follow. but it's not expected behaviur

Omikron

Andrew Bolt.

jjy9JQX.png

Also, specifically because I was there and i requested for that specific game not to?

if some one comes in here and says hey guys, i'm not able to watch the port game til the day after can you spoiler tag? yes everyone would and should follow. but it's not expected behaviur
If not being spoiled about a game means that much to you, take the innitiative and get off the internet. And turn off your phone. Because shits going to be all over facebook, and heck you'll likely get sms's from people.

Its not our fault you can't play something when its released.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
WTB support group for my insanity. Daily therapy sessions needed.

It always feels like a chance of seasons is required for me. A new town, city, something to make me start fresh. I have always wanted to enter a Buddhist temple and come out as a martial artist with a smoking hot bod and chilled out way of life.

I mean it happens in movies, so I should be able to do it!

My Vita is still a paperweight, I still don't have an email regarding my vita card from some new online store that was on ozbargain. I should have just gone down to the local and picked one up. Might have to start looking for cheap physical imports to just get me started on the little system.

I will say. The UI is kinda shit. Not sure what they are doing with it there.

They mispelled Ecoshpere pretty quickly cod, not sure if I would trust them!

Pretty crazy what's going on in Boston at the moment. I was there just last month, my parents are flying to the US to see my sister and the kids on Sunday and my sister, bro in law, niece and nephew live in DC, not a few hours away.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-16/explosions-at-boston-marathon-finish-line3a-reports/4631036
Yeah it seems like a terrible event, not quite as big as Fox news wants it to be but it is still several explosive devices setup around the event area. No fucking clue how someone was allowed to drop 4 backpacks of explosives through an event area without someone pulling him up. I thought they go batshit at unattended bags over there?
Really fucked up, so many people hurt there. Could have been even worse, just fucking random how much it would do. This NSFW picture really hit home with how fucked up the device was, with people really close to it.

You can feel free to spoiler tag your board game results if anyone gives a shit about them being spoiled.

OTs for games use spoiler tags at all times, unless it's a designated spoil thread.
OTs for shows use spoiler tags until the show has been aired on the eastern most timezone in the area it is airing, unless it's a designated spoiler thread.

AusGAF is not a show OT. You spoiler tag game of thrones even after the show has aired here. AusGAF is not a game OT. You spoiler tag bioshock infinite's ending even after most of us have played it.

And sports people tend to be just as crazy as all the others.

Dem's the standards.

Someone make a clever AusGAF title for the next thread about us being spoiled cunts
So the whole thread will be a sea of black?

My son did a poop on the toilet! Would that make someone with constipation upset though as they can't do one yet?

I have a bargain on an SSD! Not sure if I should post it though in case someone wants one but can't afford it yet?

WTB support group for my insanity. Daily therapy sessions needed.

It always feels like a chance of seasons is required for me. A new town, city, something to make me start fresh. I have always wanted to enter a Buddhist temple and come out as a martial artist with a smoking hot bod and chilled out way of life.

I mean it happens in movies, so I should be able to do it!

My Vita is still a paperweight, I still don't have an email regarding my vita card from some new online store that was on ozbargain. I should have just gone down to the local and picked one up. Might have to start looking for cheap physical imports to just get me started on the little system.

I will say. The UI is kinda shit. Not sure what they are doing with it there.

Where did you buy the memory stick from, the Canadian place? They had a super cheap price on the 32GB one.

Kritz

Banned
Under AusGAF, spoiler tags are out of control. If AusGAF can't even spoil football, how can they talk about terrorist attacks and babies shitting themselves?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Where did you buy the memory stick from, the Canadian place? They had a super cheap price on the 32GB one.

Cybersquare. Although now I just got an email saying it's been delayed until either late this week or early next.

32GB was $83 with free shipping.

Tempted to try and find something locally or I will just have to wait. Eh.

Clipper

I guess those blue tokens' symbols are a common Cthulu image? The same kind of tokens are in Arkham Horror

It's a pity that the character cards aren't as obvious in the pic of Elder Sign that was posted. They use exactly the same art for the characters too. That could have really puzzled you :p.

Owning all three games (Arkham Horror, Elder Sign and Mansions of Madness), I've always been sort of puzzled that they use different tokens to represent the Damage and Horror that you take throughout the game. All three give the characters Stamina and Sanity stats, and all three have tokens that you get (in MoM) or lose (in ES and AH) as you progress through the games. Given that all the other art is the same, it's just kind of weird they didn't match these tokens up.

I may post some comparison pics if I remember to when I get home...

senahorse

Interesting article about TV show piracy in Australia.

Two quotes which I found amusing yet saddening:

The chief executive of internet streaming company Quick­flix, Stephen Langford, says illegally downloading television shows is ‘‘theft’’ and Australians have no excuse not to use legitimate services.

Quickflix, which broadcasts television shows and movies over the internet on tablets, mobiles and smart TVs, plans to make HBO shows like Game of Thrones available online within hours of them airing overseas, in competition with Foxtel and Apple’s iTunes Store.

Typical stance from content providers and they are working on a solution, right, right?

and then

A Foxtel spokesman on Monday said its agreement with HBO could block Quickflix’s access to current shows in the near future.

“Foxtel has exclusivity for new HBO content, including against any [subscription video-on-demand] distribution,” the spokesman said. “However, due to legacy arrangements, and for this year only, a couple of programs like Game of Thrones season 3 are available for a pay per view window following the Foxtel broadcast. Subsequent seasons of Game of Thrones are not subject to this legacy arrangement.”

So what we may have thought was progress, is just a loophole that the kind folk of Foxtel has ensured is now closed.

Quick­flix is available here? Will it work on my slow ass connection? Will they let me download a TV show and then watch it later since I can't stream shit here?

Fake Edit: Actually fuck that, they don't even have the latest season of Archer which is the only TV show I watch anyway! I can rent a physical copy. Which I can do anyway from my local DVD store for like $2 on a Tuesday.

Danoss

Quick­flix is available here? Will it work on my slow ass connection? Will they let me download a TV show and then watch it later since I can't stream shit here?

Fake Edit: Actually fuck that, they don't even have the latest season of Archer which is the only TV show I watch anyway! I can rent a physical copy. Which I can do anyway from my local DVD store for like $2 on a Tuesday.

Looking at that, it's hard copy only of Archer, no streaming. Considering how slow their website can be, I don't have much faith in their streaming service anyway.

Shaneus

Speaking of which, have you watched the season finale yet? I loved that for Cheryl's brother and his girlfriend, they used the brother and little sister from Bob's Burgers. Great stuff.

PS. If you ever need hooking up of TV shows that you have trouble accessing (and find your way down to G-Town every so often) I'd be more than happy to help out.

Looking at that, it's hard copy only of Archer, no streaming. Considering how slow their website can be, I don't have much faith in their streaming service anyway.

Yeah seems like a terrible effort compared to stuff like Netflix, Spotify or Pandora.

PS. If you ever need hooking up of TV shows that you have trouble accessing (and find your way down to G-Town every so often) I'd be more than happy to help out.
I have no issue downloading stuff thankfully. It just takes time.

Like Vice City through Steam all morning only to find that the widescreen fix is only for retail copies bought back in the day that are unpatched. So I can't play widescreen Vice City unless I download a pirated version. Le fucking sigh.

Kritz

Banned
hey guys quick game of spot the runtime error

turns out C++ actually does care about whitespace and at some point I removed a tab causing the whole application to segment fault and of course the compiler was increeeeedibly helpful at not telling me why

spoilers

Shaneus

turns out C++ actually does care about whitespace and at some point I removed a tab causing the whole application to segment fault and of course the compiler was increeeeedibly helpful at not telling me why

spoilers
2v5C1vl.png

Says it all, really.

Kritz

Banned
okay C++ now doesn't care about whitespace and it's working both ways

I

WHY DOES THIS PROGRAM CRASH OUT EVERY 4TH RUN AAA

spoilers

Your pointers aren't null and are pointing to random memory. In class constructors instantiate them to NULL.

The }; probably doesnt help either loll

Ydahs

Your pointers aren't null and are pointing to random memory. In class constructors instantiate them to NULL.

The }; probably doesnt help either loll

This is probably it.

I remember I had a similiar error with one of my C programs. After a day of debugging, I just commented out an unused and un-instantiated variable as a last ditch effort and it worked... which is odd because compilers normally remove unused variables.

TIL Toki Tori was a GBC game.

I also learned that Two Tribes really haven't done much this last decade.

Also Virtual Console games are expensive yo! At least on 3DS. $7.50 for NES Super Mario Bros. Wut.

Dead Man

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-16/immigration-report-scathing-of-manus-island-centre/4632728

The Immigration Department has delivered a scathing assessment of its own temporary accommodation for asylum seekers on Papua New Guinea's Manus Island, saying the living arrangements are cramped and present "key risks in terms of safety and health".

In a submission to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Public Works, the department states there is an urgent need to replace the regional processing centre with a permanent facility.

The temporary centre has been set up with army-style tents and portable-style buildings for accommodation, ablutions, catering and administrative purposes.

It currently houses 276 asylum seekers and can cater for a maximum of 500.

The department's submission states the centre has no reliable power supply, limited potable water and the buildings and tents have a "very short life expectancy".

It says the military-style tents are subject to "degradation from humidity and high use" and "each tent has reticulated 240v power which can be unsafe in wet conditions".

"Transferees have complained about the heat which is a contributing factor to behavioural issues," the submission states.

"In addition the site is in a low-lying swampy area subject to localised inundation which encourages mosquito breeding."

It says the centre has limited recreational facilities that are in a poor state, and points to that as a contributing factor of increased tension.

"Transferees are subject to boredom which contributes to a focus on the progress of their refugee status determination," the submission states.

"Past experience in the Australian immigration detention network indicates that limited amenity and space quickly leads to behavioural changes which in turn can lead to substantial increases in health and security costs.

"This includes an increased risk of self-harm, mental health problems, and problematic behaviour."

Even the centre's most basic function - processing the asylum seeker claims - is compromised.

"Private interview rooms at the temporary facility do not have adequate infrastructure to support processing of refugee status assessments," the submission states.

:/ Nice work. Just process them on shore you wankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom