• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
Your pointers aren't null and are pointing to random memory. In class constructors instantiate them to NULL.

The }; probably doesnt help either loll

The pointers get assigned in the .cpp file, screenshots of the header. Plus that's the lecturer's code not mine :(.

Advanced Games Programming has cemented my theory of you either make an engine or you make the game.

Holy shit! Who would have thought that Toula is funny as shit. Probably the best comedic delivery I've seen in years. Shocked. I thought she was just getting popular due to being fat and foreign.

Shaneus

The pointers get assigned in the .cpp file, screenshots of the header. Plus that's the lecturer's code not mine :(.

Advanced Games Programming has cemented my theory of you either make an engine or you make the game.
What if the game *is* making the game?

Holy shit! Who would have thought that Toula is funny as shit. Probably the best comedic delivery I've seen in years. Shocked. I thought she was just getting popular due to being fat and foreign.
You mean Rebel Wilson? Yeah, she's funny as shit. Her appearances on Conan are all quite funny... I was assuming she'd be awkward and uncomfortable, but was a surprisingly good interviewee.

What did you see her on recently?

PS. True story, the hairless dude from Little Britain (Matt Lucas, I think?) is her IRL roommate (as well as being roommate in Bridesmaids).

Fusebox

Banned
Or start today, if you can make (not find! you'll never find it) the time.

Get a C25K (Couch to 5K) app, and get started today, or tomorrow morning.

C25K reporting in. Just did the second day of week 2, so 5 runs in total counting the first one I did with the zombie app which wasn't really proper but I can feel it getting a bit easier each time. Still absolutely knackered at the end of it though.

Anyone else here doing this?

Also watched this today. Four Corners - The Spies How Fooled the World.

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/32690

It's mind-boggling how notoriously bad the evidence for WMDs was even before they went to war over it. Heads should have rolled.

You mean Rebel Wilson? Yeah, she's funny as shit. Her appearances on Conan are all quite funny... I was assuming she'd be awkward and uncomfortable, but was a surprisingly good interviewee.

What did you see her on recently?

PS. True story, the hairless dude from Little Britain (Matt Lucas, I think?) is her IRL roommate (as well as being roommate in Bridesmaids).
The wife is watching the MTV Movie Awards just for her bits, caught a bit and she was delivering those lines like fucking hot sauce all over the crowd. Great stuff. Maybe I should have watched those 3 or so Hollywood movies Wilson did when the wife watched them.

Also yeah. He was the first high profile person to go through a civil union divorce like 2 years after getting married. His ex-husband killed himself after that. Terrible stuff.

C25K reporting in. Just did the second day of week 2, so 5 runs in total counting the first one I did with the zombie app which wasn't really proper but I can feel it getting a bit easier each time. Still absolutely knackered at the end of it though.

Anyone else here doing this?

I will be doing this once my muscles recover from the viral infection. Still getting killer migraines but should be into the program next week hopefully!

Jintor

Yeah doing day 1 of week 2 tommorrow.

I did C25K last year though and then I've been running regularly since so that probably has something to do with it. But it's nice to feel good about something early in the morning. I'll probably still die at the end though

Oh yeah, Choc is melting down, something about the EB expo and being unable to show R18/Unclassified games publically. Probably correct about it, too.

The wife is watching the MTV Movie Awards just for her bits, caught a bit and she was delivering those lines like fucking hot sauce all over the crowd. Great stuff. Maybe I should have watched those 3 or so Hollywood movies Wilson did when the wife watched them.

Pitch Perfect is actually a fairly funny and enjoyable movie, as it turned out. Bridesmaids was hit or miss but it was alright. I dunno about any others she may have done.

trinest

Guarantee they have the legalities sorted and Choc is being Choc. But whatever. Drama.

True. But its an interesting discussion, and it doesn't seem like there is much loop holes for them to jump through. (unless because its a paid event in a private public facility its a private showing and thus not public or something stupid).

Otherwise SA is their only option for any expo in the future, and even then if it would be MA or R18 it cant be shown still.

3DS Sale this week! Starts on Friday, lasts until the end of the month.

Liberation Maiden - $4.99
Aero Porter - $2.99
Crimson Shroud - $4.99

NOTE THESE ARE AMERICAN PRICES
NFI if it would be same prices here as Liberation Maiden is 2/3 the price in the US compared to us :(

Thanks to Choc I have a 3DS and have finally gotten online so I'll try to keep tabs on the eStore.

Oh yeah, Choc is melting down, something about the EB expo and being unable to show R18/Unclassified games publically. Probably correct about it, too.
Where is it being held this year? Depending on the state it could be an open-shut case of no R18 games on deck, push it all behind closed doors (and if an under 18 gets behind those doors you are fucked royally).

I do remember hearing EB were worried back at the start of the year about this kind of thing. Could end up with some angry publishers/distributors.

Pitch Perfect is actually a fairly funny and enjoyable movie, as it turned out. Bridesmaids was hit or miss but it was alright. I dunno about any others she may have done.

Also Pitch Perfect has that incredibly attractive woman from 50/50 so I probably should watch it any way.

trinest

Where is it being held this year? Depending on the state it could be an open-shut case of no R18 games on deck, push it all behind closed doors (and if an under 18 gets behind those doors you are fucked royally).

I do remember hearing EB were worried back at the start of the year about this kind of thing. Could end up with some angry publishers/distributors..

It was held in Sydney last year, Sydney this year and Sydney next. They have some kind of deal with Sydney.

3DS Sale this week! Starts on Friday, lasts until the end of the month.

Liberation Maiden - $4.99
Aero Porter - $2.99
Crimson Shroud - $4.99

NOTE THESE ARE AMERICAN PRICES
NFI if it would be same prices here as Liberation Maiden is 2/3 the price in the US compared to us :(

Prices will likely be more like $6.4x-ish for us as far as Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud are concerned. Did the rough maths based on the UK price differences when the eShop PR came out last night.

Also Pitch Perfect has that incredibly attractive woman from 50/50 so I probably should watch it any way.

I was going to say that was the only thing I knew about it, but with Scott Pilgrim as the point of reference.

Fusebox

Banned
I will be doing this once my muscles recover from the viral infection. Still getting killer migraines but should be into the program next week hopefully!

Damn dude that sounds rough. Hurry up and heal.

I did C25K last year though and then I've been running regularly since so that probably has something to do with it. But it's nice to feel good about something early in the morning. I'll probably still die at the end though

So you probably don't need the C2 part of the program, just the 5K bit!

Shaneus

Rad. I remember seeing trailers for Pitch Perfect and thinking it looked kinda lame. Will hunt it down, if only for Anna Kendrick (despite the fact that she's dating Edgar Wright, a man who is FAR too old for her).

Wait, did she host the whole thing? Holy shit. I thought it might've been a segment you were talking about, rep.

Bombs really fucking suck, 50 killed in Iraq

A wave of attacks across Iraq, including a brazen car bombing on the way to Baghdad airport, have killed 50 people and injured hundreds more, just days before the country's first elections since US troops withdrew.

Officials said more than 30 bombings and a shooting hit 12 different areas of Iraq, leaving 50 people dead and nearly 300 injured, making Monday the country's deadliest day since March 19.

A total of 14 election hopefuls have already been murdered and just 12 of the country's 18 provinces will be taking part in this weekend's vote.

What the hell can they do over there to gain peace?

Hey Shaneus! They broke up earlier this year apparently! Go for it tiger!

Yes Shaneus, Rebel Wilson hosted the MTV Movie Awards 2013.

Shaneus

It's okay to be jealous.
You're implying that I was jealous of him, yes?

Good.

Bombs really fucking suck, 50 killed in Iraq

What the hell can they do over there to gain peace?

Hey Shaneus! They broke up earlier this year apparently! Go for it tiger!

Yes Shaneus, Rebel Wilson hosted the MTV Movie Awards 2013.
You're orright, tiger. You think it's worth downloading said awards for her performance?

I'd also like to offer this:
Rebel Wilson on Conan, 05/11

San Andreas is still fucking awesome. Thankfully we got RDR this gen or it would be a wash for Rockstar for me, Gay Tony was good though. SA is just god tier. Level design, writing, art design and audio is just top notch.

So hey, new Meshuggah EP came out back in Feb? For free? Cool!

You're orright, tiger. You think it's worth downloading said awards for her performance?

I'd also like to offer this:
Rebel Wilson on Conan, 05/11

Eh, I dunno. I only caught bits of it but she was funny. Maybe worth a trundle.

I love how when a Premier of a state comes out and says they aren't with the Government on Gonski, it is always a Liberal Premier and they always act as if we can't see right through what they're doing.

C25K reporting in. Just did the second day of week 2
Keep at it, man. It does get easier. I remember wondering how I'd ever run two instances of 1.5km in one session, then when it asked me to do 4km I told myself I could stop if I needed to, but I managed to push through it.

Now the weather's changing I've got a new challenge. It drizzled the whole time in my 5km run on Monday and was about 12c. Forecast is for about 7c tomorrow morning, and rain Friday.

Played MechWarrior Online with a few friends tonight. Quite good fun. If you played MechWarrior 2 back in the day you'll like this.

Fusebox

Banned
Keep at it, man. It does get easier. I remember wondering how I'd ever run two instances of 1.5km in one session, then when it asked me to do 4km I told myself I could stop if I needed to, but I managed to push through it.

Now the weather's changing I've got a new challenge. It drizzled the whole time in my 5km run on Monday and was about 12c. Forecast is for about 7c tomorrow morning, and rain Friday.

Awesome to hear, that's where I want to be. My lungs are still giving out way before my legs. Turns out measuring my lung capacity by the number of cones I can smoke in one sitting actually isn't all that accurate after all.

In other news Sony are killing it with the customer love lately. After getting $40 PSN credit back for their spend $50 get $10 deal I just got another $20 PSN credit today for registering my Vita. $60 for free, thanks Sony!

Shaneus

In other news Sony are killing it with the customer love lately. After getting $40 PSN credit back for their spend $50 get $10 deal I just got another $20 PSN credit today for registering my Vita. $60 for free, thanks Sony!
Wait... seriously? To get $40 PSN credit back on that first deal, does that mean you dropped $200 on there?

And does that $20 PSN credit count if you've already registered? I don't know if I have or not, but more cash is better than no cash, Robbo.

Shaneus

For those who care, some information on the new Daft Punk video:

I didn't see these posted here but everyone should watch them for a bit of education... Daft Punk, "The Collaborators":

1: Giorgio Moroder
2: Todd Edwards
3: Nile Rogers (of Chic)
4: Pharrell Williams

Pharrell's video just came out today, but I've watched the first three and they're all *really* fascinating, providing a great insight into their contribution on the album and their work in the past.

And the tracklisting (lemme know if it should be spoilered... I don't think so, but others may want to be surprised):

1) "Give Life Back to Music"
2) "The Game of Love"
3) "Giorgio by Moroder"
4) "Within"
5) "Instant Crush"
6) "Lose Yourself to Dance"
7) "Touch"
8) "Get Lucky"
9) "Beyond"
10) "Motherboard"
11) "Fragments of Time"
12) "Doin' It Right"
13) "Contact"

Anyone wanna .gif that Vine clip for me?

US account too buddy!
Well, shit.

Fusebox

Banned
Wait... seriously? To get $40 PSN credit back on that first deal, does that mean you dropped $200 on there?

And does that $20 PSN credit count if you've already registered? I don't know if I have or not, but more cash is better than no cash, Robbo.

Yep lol. Here's what I bought, a lot of them were on sale too.

FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX
Okami HD (which sucks!)
Journey
GTA: San Andreas
Vagrant Story
Front Mission 3
Wild Arms
DOA5+
DOA5 Swimsuit and MMA costume packs
Atelier Totori+
Persona 3 Portable
Tales of Grace f
Metal Gear Solid
Jeanne D'Arc
Guacamelee

Where do I register my new Paper Weight PSP Vita for the $20 credit?

I think the referral deal is over now. :(

Rahk

I only got $10 cashback, but I didn't realise I ended up spending $85. Could have gotten $20.

I've already bought pretty much everything I want.

Her name is female Adam Scott.

5qfzg1k.gif

Gonski was a hack and we all know it

uh...

Shaneus

Yep lol. Here's what I bought, a lot of them were on sale too.
Oh that's right, you're talking about the US PSN. You should make a habit of mentioning that, especially in AusGAF :p

Her name is female Adam Scott.
Eh, I'd probably nail him to if he asked me
I hope he never asks me

Thanks for that. Will watch when I get home. I really need to venture into the music threads more often.
The thread I posted it in (Groundbreaking Electronic Music thread) is rewarding, but you need to put in a LOT of time as a good portion of it I just don't like (and I'm fairly broadminded when it comes to electronic music). Once you work out who posts stuff you like and who doesn't you'll be right, though.

Fusebox

Banned
Oh that's right, you're talking about the US PSN. You should make a habit of mentioning that, especially in AusGAF :p

Sorry. :(

I try and convince all new Vita owners to create and use a US account for their Vita instead of using an Aus account. The only reason I can think of for someone to use an Aus account is if they already have a PS+ here, otherwise cheaper games, earlier releases and loads of rebate offers.

Deeku

FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX
Okami HD (which sucks!)
Journey
GTA: San Andreas
Vagrant Story
Front Mission 3
Wild Arms
DOA5+
DOA5 Swimsuit and MMA costume packs
Atelier Totori+
Persona 3 Portable
Tales of Grace f
Metal Gear Solid
Jeanne D'Arc
Guacamelee
that's a lot o game :O

no you sucks:p

Shaneus

Sorry. :(

I try and convince all new Vita owners to create and use a US account for their Vita instead of using an Aus account. The only reason I can think of for someone to use an Aus account is if they already have a PS+ here, otherwise cheaper games, earlier releases and loads of rebate offers.
Too much mucking around, IMO. No biggie though.

Have I added you on PSN? We can totes compare scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom