• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

I do. I think my reward for cashing in all my loose change the other week (it was around $900) should be a Vita. And Lumines.

And something that will let me play PSP games on it.

Danoss

You jest, but I've heard that before

Sadly, I'm not surprised.

Those videos or articles backing up that rubbish need something like this, it'd demonstrate the level of thinking quite well. Perhaps it's too nuanced for those at that level of intelligence/thinking.

ZELwB.png

senahorse

You guys are in serious denial. I will let you in on a few secrets, Man never landed on the moon, the CIA was behind 9/11, Walt Disney is in a cryogenic chamber, God created light before creating the sun, moon and stars, the Mayans predicted the end of the world, Aliens built the pyramids, tomatoes are a vegetable and Edison invented the light bulb.

You can all thank me for enlightening you now.

edit: still waiting here, truth bombs hurt huh?

senahorse

Well at least someone has a brain they can use for critical thinking around here, come to my ark before next Friday if you want salvation.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You guys are in serious denial. I will let you in on a few secrets, Man never landed on the moon, the CIA was behind 9/11, Walt Disney is in a cryogenic chamber, God created light before creating the sun, moon and stars, the Mayans predicted the end of the world, Aliens built the pyramids, tomatoes are a vegetable and Edison invented the light bulb.

You can all thank me for enlightening you now.

edit: still waiting here, truth bombs hurt huh?

Tomatoes are a vegetable you idiot.

Verification: I work in the fresh produce industry.

They are also a fruit.

HolyCheck

Yes they are a fruit botanically.

But they are also a vegetable, as items can be both fruit and vegetable, given fruit is a botanic term and vegetable a culinary term.

Watermelons are also berries by botanic terms, so are avocadoes, bananas, grapes and pumpkins.

So if you're going to get all high and mighty on the Tomato, please refer to the above as fruits and berries too :)

oh and the tomato is a berry.

and raspberries and black berries are not berries.

I do. I think my reward for cashing in all my loose change the other week (it was around $900) should be a Vita. And Lumines.

And something that will let me play PSP games on it.
You deserve it!

Also at EB at the moment Sony are giving away 8GB memory cards FOR FREE with any Vita purchase there.

WHAT DO THE NUMBERS MEAN?!?

Well he does work in fruit and produce so believe him dammit.
Next I bet he tells me off for taste testing the grapes!

Shaneus

You deserve it!

Also at EB at the moment Sony are giving away 8GB memory cards FOR FREE with any Vita purchase there.
I do deserve it!

If that's the case, I might nab a second-handy there (because I noticed that the ones that were selling for $198 earlier in the week indeed jumped back up to $348, ahaha).

senahorse

A friend believes this.

I know of people like this as well, I can't in good conscience talk about these things with them. It's kind of like the relatives on my mum's (not including her, she has learnt to ignore it) side, they are they types that believe anything they see on Today Tonight/ACA, I have found it's best to just zone out and ignore them.

edit:^^^ love that guy, he is so enthusiastic about it all

A friend believes this.

My grandmother is too. The sad thing is she is actually very intelligent on a lot of issues, but when it comes to health she's very adamant that we should only ingest raw foods and water - anything else is horrible toxins that will kill you - especially medicine.

HolyCheck

My grandmother is too. The sad thing is she is actually very intelligent on a lot of issues, but when it comes to health she's very adamant that we should only ingest raw foods and water - anything else is horrible toxins that will kill you - especially medicine.

There was a doco or article or something recently I saw on reddit, family raised their son to only eat raw food. vegan raw.

dude was 15 with the body and mental capacity of a 10 year old.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Several fallacies eg appeal to authority, no academic references, cherry-picks a long-ass detailed study that they probably didn't *actually* read. Plus the design and formatting of that website is pretty bad. (another red flag!)
It's not my fault they don't extensively teach critical thinking in the school system! I don't think most people who believe this stuff are really that dumb, it's very easy for intelligent people to fall in the trap of self-deception, cognitive biases and so on. It can even be said that some of this stuff is the domain of fraudsters.

senahorse

I understand there are many pros/cons, I am just of the belief some (many?) people are not fit to have children and them doing so just increases the problem.

jambo

I don't quite understand what's happening, but I'm getting 4G on my phone. Optus haven't rolled out 4G in Adelaide yet and roaming is switched off...

315264834.png

Yagharek

Tell her to try raw chicken and report back

Fredescu

I don't quite understand what's happening, but I'm getting 4G on my phone. Optus haven't rolled out 4G in Adelaide yet and roaming is switched off...

315264834.png

Sure it's not just DC-HSPA? 4G should be faster than that, especially if it's a new network.

I understand there are many pros/cons, I am just of the belief some (many?) people are not fit to have children and them doing so just increases the problem.

Plus the people who are fit to have children usually end up having less kids than those who probably shouldn't :p

jambo

Sure it's not just DC-HSPA? 4G should be faster than that, especially if it's a new network.

Well my phone often displays H and H+, which is faster than 3G, but just now it showed the 4G symbol.

Also that was a single test that I just randomly ran, so it might be even faster if I get it again.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Sounds like a nice idea until you realise it's basically eugenics.
The biggest problem is like how a number of people with disabilities can end up being incredible productive members of society, the same can be said for a lot of children born in shitty families.:p

Shaneus

Rep: You gots a link for that memory card dealio with EB? It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that I don't trust you.

Rezbit

Maybe one day we will look back on this and think of the writer as a visionary lol

1181537162_idiocracy5.jpg

Man, the movie as a whole wasn't good, but it had some brilliant moments. I can definitely see the people who watch Funny Home Videos watching Ow My Balls.

senahorse

Do people think eugenics will one day be a reality, and the fictional universe in Gattaca a foretelling of what's to come. Every time I read something like 1984 I draw many parallels to our current society and feel it's headed that way, but what do I know.

Man, the movie as a whole wasn't good, but it had some brilliant moments. I can definitely see the people who watch Funny Home Videos watching Ow My Balls.

HAHA forgot about that.

Fredescu

The biggest problem is like how a number of people with disabilities can end up being incredible productive members of society, the same can be said for a lot of children born in shitty families.:p
Have a listen to this WYNC Radiolab cast about that issue: http://www.radiolab.org/2012/nov/19/what-if-no-destiny/ (full episode http://www.radiolab.org/2012/nov/19/)

Basically a woman adopted four kids from the same drug addicted woman and decided to offer money to drug addicts to go on contraception. It's an interesting debate!

Arozay

Quick question for AusGAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... f

Any one used or know a place to get some Cat 6 (around 50 meters) to run through the house at a decent price. In Sydney or Online, not really fussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom