• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Man, you really don't know how much some shipping options suck until you see the tracking updates unfold

San Francisco
Oakland
Des Moines
Philadelphia
Louisville

Send me the fucken thing. I paid you more than enough for it to go direct.

Perhaps omi, but he may be on the floor of some random pub right about now. Holy hath piked to prepare his house for pussy and I think Shaneus had contracted the Bubonic plague...

Blastoise

Banned
Does anyone know what theatres are showing the Hobbit at 48fps, or know any way of finding out without having to call and talk to humans?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yep as cods said, I'm out. Feel like shit from my sydney trip and too much needs to be done at home and I need sleep. Sorrys!

I realised that and feel bad about it but I was there for an hour getting rained on(not your fault I know) and then no ones showing up anyway. I had other stuff I needed to take care of tonight anyway
Ps. Drinking alone in the rain while everyone looks at you for hogging a table isnt fun.
Next time perhaps

Man, you really don't know how much some shipping options suck until you see the tracking updates unfold

San Francisco
Oakland
Des Moines
Philadelphia
Louisville

Send me the fucken thing. I paid you more than enough for it to go direct.

It's always interesting to see how much parcels jump around the globe.

Cricket ended up good! CricInfo is still great value for the commentary despite the mobile apps being fucking embarrassingly designed. 90% of the screen is for static shit, not the dynamic information you want to look through!

CricInfo said:
Before you wipe the scorecard for the day, I am wondering if you could plug my new book "Classic 30-odds by Shane Watson". It is beautifully illustrated with 500 colour plates of Watson looking forlorn as he trudges off after, well, another 30-odd. Bonus 150-page chapter "Watson's most memorable sick notes to the Board," but only if you order now!
lol

That seems alright. Do you have to buy overpriced software for it to be worthwhile? We have one of the Leapfrog laptops and its very basic but he has gotten a lot of use out of it.
You can pick most of them up around the $15 mark on eBay stores or through random places like OzGameShop. I was originally looking at the Leapster2 since it looked more like something a 2 year old would use (even though the Explorer and Explorer GS use the same games) but it always goes for around $100 despite being 4 years old!

Pretty sure it comes with 2 games pre-installed, the eShop thing is meant to be fucking expensive and basic as shit so it will be retail games all the way.

Mainly just a stepping stone to the DS while he is still developing his motor skills, don't want to turn him away in anger at the complexity.

Does anyone know what theatres are showing the Hobbit at 48fps, or know any way of finding out without having to call and talk to humans?
I expect them to promote it loud and proud if they are running it. I asked at a cinema in Geelong and they weren't sure if they were going to have everything for it in time, this was back a month or so mind.

Can we go through his text messages to check? Or is that only a Slipper thing?

Lol, Melbgaf.
I'm about to start drinking from my place now! VicGAF assemble!

Although I need to have dinner with the family so no hangout until 7:30pm ish anyway :/

Shaneus

So, AusVitaGAF. Case/screen protector or waste of money?

Rep: I've spied that Amazon Italy dealio before, but the thing with impulse purchases is that if you import, there's a chance you may regret the purchase before you actually receive it. This way, I'd actually get to enjoy a Vita before spiralling down into a pit of dispair.

Maybe EB will let me upgrade the 8gb to a 16 for a fee? If not, I won't be concerned. I still have $50 left over from the voucher I got for my long service leave :) $200 for a new Lumines doesn't seem so bad.

Rep: Buy your junior a Speak n Spell. Teach him to worship Stephen Hawking. And also, Frog Fractions (from Idle Thumbs 80-something).

This is like asking what sort of game chrono trigger is. A classic jrpg or a linear HD corridor
I thought it was one of those arcade plastic gun games.

The things you learn.

Also: lol Melgaf.

Edit: Dammit, Shaneus, I've already answered your question about screen protectors and cases. If you have my opinion why would you need any other, less important opinions?

Shaneus

I thought it was one of those arcade plastic gun games.

The things you learn.

Also: lol Melgaf.

Edit: Dammit, Shaneus, I've already answered your question about screen protectors and cases. If you have my opinion why would you need any other, less important opinions?
I didn't see your mentioning of them, sorry :(

Is this how you treat all your friends who gift you $1 games from publishers that no longer support that particular IP? For shame, Jase.

I thought you were different.

So, AusVitaGAF. Case/screen protector or waste of money?

Rep: Buy your junior a Speak n Spell. Teach him to worship Stephen Hawking. And also, Frog Fractions (from Idle Thumbs 80-something).

Def get a case AND screen protector! Just go with a soft shell outer, leaves the back open for touchpad use. Grab one of those thin bits of plastic that goes on the screen like on your iPhone.

Also I shall look them up :)
He is still only young! Don't want to discourage him.

legend166

So two of the presents I ordered for the GF off Amazon haven't arrived yet. They were supposed to arrive on the 12th. I'm getting them shipped to work.

When should I be worried?

I don't quite understand what's happening, but I'm getting 4G on my phone. Optus haven't rolled out 4G in Adelaide yet and roaming is switched off...

315264834.png

Compared to Telstra's 4G, that's quite slow.

Why do you need that kind of speeds on a phone?!? o_O

So two of the presents I ordered for the GF off Amazon haven't arrived yet. They were supposed to arrive on the 12th. I'm getting them shipped to work.

When should I be worried?
Well this arrived today, ordered late last Thursday night so they can't be far away!

20121214_184329v9i44.jpg

Also thanks again Bodyboarder for Gunstringer/Fruit Ninja Kinect!

I didn't see your mentioning of them, sorry :(

Is this how you treat all your friends who gift you $1 games from publishers that no longer support that particular IP? For shame, Jase.

I thought you were different.
I GAVE YOU MY MUCH SOUGHT AFTER OPINION WHICH IS WORTH FAR MORE THAN $1 (SOME WOULD SAY IN THE REGION OF UP TO 15CENTS MORE)!! YOU ARE NOW THE ONE IN DEBT TO ME! HUZZAH!

Did you get the message I sent you on Steam thinking you? I hope you did because I don't want you to think I'm a big meany poopyhead.

Shaneus

I GAVE YOU MY MUCH SOUGHT AFTER OPINION WHICH IS WORTH FAR MORE THAN $1 (SOME WOULD SAY IN THE REGION OF UP TO 15CENTS MORE)!! YOU ARE NOW THE ONE IN DEBT TO ME! HUZZAH!

Did you get the message I sent you on Steam thinking you? I hope you did because I don't want you to think I'm a big meany poopyhead.
I did, thank you :)

So guys... I'm finally the proud owner of a BRAND NEW SONY PLAYSTATION VITA
STARTER PACK. Seriously. I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was when I saw that the EB I went to didn't have any 8gb memory sticks with which what I was supposed to be given for the price of zero dollars. I shall go hunting for a store that does tomorrow, or if not I'll convince one of them to give me a 16gb one for $20 extra

PS. Jase is Pinball Arcade even remotely good on Vita? I haven't bought any tables at all on PS3, but if you think it would dump all over the iOS one, I may triple dip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom