• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Man, the movie as a whole wasn't good, but it had some brilliant moments. I can definitely see the people who watch Funny Home Videos watching Ow My Balls.
President Camacho is god-tier. As is the dude who plays him... was hella funny (and charismatic, damn) in an interview I saw of his with Conan.
0uPVw.jpg

senahorse

Quick question for AusGAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... f

Any one used or know a place to get some Cat 6 (around 50 meters) to run through the house at a decent price. In Sydney or Online, not really fussed.

Not sure if still available, but there was a guy on dtvforum.info selling 305M rolls of Molex Krone (basically the best) solid-core Cat6 about a year ago, he had a lot of rolls and I bought 2. I think I paid 100/roll which is stupidly cheap. Just a word of caution, it's not legal to wire your own house unless you are ACMA certified, that is, if it connects to a transit network. Sure you probably won't get found out but it can be a loophole for an insurer if your house was to burn down.

Shaneus

Email direct from Sony, will forward it to you if you want it?
That would be rad. Because if I can buy the $250 LBP2 pack, get a 4gb card PLUS an 8gb card... that'd probably make it okay.

You know my address, yeah? Shaneus@gmail :)

Terry Crews is an awesome man
This I cannot deny. He told an awesome tale about how he was a superhero when he was growing up (or something). I think it was him, at least.

Fake edit: Here it is!

Fredescu

Also Fred, I doubt those upload speeds are possible on anything other than 4G...
5MB? Pretty sure they are. I have a few 5MB 3G Speedtests in my results history. Best upload I've had on 4G is 27MB.

edit: I just checked the 5MB ones and they were LTE, so you might be right!

Arozay

Not sure if still available, but there was a guy on dtvforum.info selling 305M rolls of Molex Krone (basically the best) solid-core Cat6 about a year ago, he had a lot of rolls and I bought 2. I think I paid 100/roll which is stupidly cheap. Just a word of caution, it's not legal to wire your own house unless you are ACMA certified, that is, if it connects to a transit network. Sure you probably won't get found out but it can be a loophole for an insurer if your house was to burn down.

That's a great price, but even the 50 meters is going to be more than I need. I've got the installation covered thanks to a friend, just need to gather the materials.

senahorse

There is a shop called 4cabling.com.au that sell it pretty cheap, not sure on quality though. I bought all my outlets, face plates and patch panel from J.R. Turks (think they are Australia wide) for a decent price.

Pricing for reference:

KRO64501184-24 C6 24 PORT PTCHPNL CW MASTERMINDER BLACK 1.00 195.00 NET 19.50 214.50
KRO64674202-00 C6 FLUSH MOUNT OUTLET WHITE BAG OF 10 50.00 68.00 NET 34.00 374.00
MMM1610BK 19MM X 20M TEMFLEX PVC TAPE 2.00 1.30 NET 0.26 2.86 *** 3M BRAND. BLACK QUOTED. ALSO AVAILABLE IN WHITE/BLUE/RED/GREEN YELLOW ***
CLI2036VHWE 6GNG STD PTN GRID & F/PLT 6.00 7.95 NET 4.77 52.47
CLI2034VHWE 4GNG STD PTN GRID-F/PLATE 1.00 7.25 NET 0.73 7.98
BIZEBC ELECTRICAL BRACKET C-TYPE WALLBOARD CLIP 10.00 0.85 NET 0.85 9.35 BIZCTB20048100 CABLE TIE BLACK - 200MM X 4.8MM 100.00 5.95 NET 0.60 6.55

Also you might try ideal electrical, they sell Clipsal branded stuff at a decent price, it's not krone/molex/panduit but good enough.

Arozay

There is a shop called 4cabling.com.au that sell it pretty cheap, not sure on quality though. I bought all my outlets, face plates and patch panel from J.R. Turks (think they are Australia wide) for a decent price.

Pricing for reference:

KRO64501184-24 C6 24 PORT PTCHPNL CW MASTERMINDER BLACK 1.00 195.00 NET 19.50 214.50
KRO64674202-00 C6 FLUSH MOUNT OUTLET WHITE BAG OF 10 50.00 68.00 NET 34.00 374.00
MMM1610BK 19MM X 20M TEMFLEX PVC TAPE 2.00 1.30 NET 0.26 2.86 *** 3M BRAND. BLACK QUOTED. ALSO AVAILABLE IN WHITE/BLUE/RED/GREEN YELLOW ***
CLI2036VHWE 6GNG STD PTN GRID & F/PLT 6.00 7.95 NET 4.77 52.47
CLI2034VHWE 4GNG STD PTN GRID-F/PLATE 1.00 7.25 NET 0.73 7.98
BIZEBC ELECTRICAL BRACKET C-TYPE WALLBOARD CLIP 10.00 0.85 NET 0.85 9.35 BIZCTB20048100 CABLE TIE BLACK - 200MM X 4.8MM 100.00 5.95 NET 0.60 6.55

Also you might try ideal electrical, they sell Clipsal branded stuff at a decent price, it's not krone/molex/panduit but good enough.

Yeah, I was checking out 4cabling before, only sell the 305m cables as well. Already have the plates and outlets ready to go, so I'll probably do a lap around Sydney on the weekend before I end up buying anything online.

Shaneus

Email direct from Sony, will forward it to you if you want it?
You are a godsend, my son. Assuming that I'll be able to trade in LBP pretty much straight away (I know it's been done with regular consoles before, where they allow you to trade in bundled games) I should be able to get 12gb memory and Lumines (which is only $22 new @ EB) for $250, if not less.

Woo!

Yagharek

I dearly love the GameCube and I used to love the dreamcast but based on first year games alone, Vita has outdone both of them for incredible games on overlooked systems.

Wipeout, LBP, lumines, uncharted, velocity, Oddworld stranger, SOTN.

Hurry the fuck up and get it shaneus!

I dearly love the GameCube and I used to love the dreamcast but based on first year games alone, Vita has outdone both of them for incredible games on overlooked systems.

Still to play that free Gravity Daze too!

teekun

Are you seriously counting Symphony of the Night as a great game for Vita?

I mean, it is technically a Vita game but ehhhh. That's like saying the PS3 was a fantastic system out of the gate with great games like Dragon Quest 8 and Persona 3.

Yagharek

Are you seriously counting Symphony of the Night as a great game for Vita?

I mean, it is technically a Vita game but ehhhh. That's like saying the PS3 was a fantastic system out of the gate with great games like Dragon Quest 8 and Persona 3.

I count ds compatibility with 3ds as a bonus. I count ps1 games on vita as the same.

Rezbit

That list doesn't look that great to me. I'm guessing Lumines is the same as it's been since PSP, Stranger's Wrath and SOTN have been out for ages, and the rest are sequels. Admittedly I would like Wipeout, but 30fps sounds a bit yucky too. Except Velocity, don't know much about that.

senahorse

The 30fps of WipeOut actually isn't so bad, you don't really notice most of the time, well I don't. I still maintain that the Vita had one of the best launch lineups in my game playing memory. I just wish more games would come out or at least be announced by Sony (Sony developed games).

senahorse

The DS games are some of the best, no doubt about that. Though I do have a soft spot for Castlevania IV on SNES, those Mode 7 effects!

Sarcasm

Anybody here play WoW? I currently play on a NA account, but live in Taiwan. Also my server only has 49K people ( 29K my faction - horde heavy server). I am kinda wondering if it be worth it to xfer to one that is labeled Oceanic (I know servers aren't here but it be nice to have lots of people on during when I can be)..

So any input?

Shaneus

I'm thinking I'll actually get one once I finish work. Did you get the one with the LBP bundle? Did that come with a download code or an actual LBP cart?

Only asking because if it comes with a cart = trade in for Lumines, but if not... then no tradies for me.

Still to play that free Gravity Daze too!
Okay, those free PSN+ games. Are they like a default freebie with PSN+ for the lifetime of PSN+, or was that just an introductory thing where if you didn't download them last month you never get them?

And do I need a screen protector or cover or something?

There are two bundles out there. One is a physical, the other nets you a download code.

Edit
Protip: If it's the LBP branded Vita box, you got yourself and download code.

Edit the two:
They are normal PS+ rule games. Keepem till you stop paying up.

I always go with a screen protector and always buy a case. Get them to chuck in one of those 12634 in 1 starter kits for free.

There's an officially branded LBP box (digital) but retailers were also just offering Vita + LBP (physical) as a bundle for roughly the same price.

Rahk

VLR, Persona 4 Golden, DJMax Technika Tune, Surge.

I haven't even had time to check out Dokuro, Assassin's Creed: Liberation, Unit 13 and Ragnarok Odyssey.

Okay, those free PSN+ games. Are they like a default freebie with PSN+ for the lifetime of PSN+, or was that just an introductory thing where if you didn't download them last month you never get them?
Yep. Just jump on SEN and "buy it". If you have PS+ of course! I already "own" like 3 Vita games :)

There's an officially branded LBP box (digital) but retailers were also just offering Vita + LBP (physical) as a bundle for roughly the same price.

Pretty sure LBP was free with all Vita purchases for a while, at least that was the Sony promo for a while. Whether or not retailers passed that along.

Shaneus

Yeah, never mind me, guys. I was thinking the Vita+LBP (EB) bundle was the same as the Vita+LBP+4gb bundle. The former I think is just the game and the console, the latter is the download code (and available everywhere).

I'll see what the trade values are (I'm guessing LBP is worth more) and will do a swapsies for Lumines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom