• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia doesn't have White :(

Also jesus fuck the OS is leaps and beyond the 3DS. Nintendo really does fucking suck at OS's. Damn Vita your multitasking is like PC tier.

EDIT: And all the good games can pretty much be found for like 30 dollars because the Vita is a "bomba"

Shaneus

Guys, is this a good deal?

For everything in the picture, $250:
8960i3f_20.jpeg

I'm assuming that "everything in the picture" is probably what was won as a Game Masters prize:
Winners receive a Game Masters prize pack which includes a Sony PlayStation Vita console and game, a double pass to the exhibition and a Game Masters book signed by Tim Schafer and Warren Spector. A runner-up in each competition will win a Game Masters t-shirt, Game Masters book (unsigned) and an ACMI Membership.
If that's the book in the background (signed by Schafer and Spector) I'm guessing it's a good deal, yes?

And even if not, it's a Vita with Lumines and maybe (maybe not) a memory card. Or the shit that comes with it can be hocked to buy a memory card.

Fuck it, contacting seller anyway. And even though it's advertised on Gumtree as wi-fi capable, it's obvious from that pic it's 3G as well. Not that I'd use it, but still.

N0VAM0D

The EBGames Mad Monday got me
A Vita for 198
Blazblue for 15 dollars
Everybody's golf for 22
Lumines for 25
Gravity rush for 48
Wipeout for 48

Otherwise OzGameshop is a good bet.

Damn, I missed out, I guess! I'm sure more decent sales will come up though, Boxing Day should be good.

fingers crossed for huge memory card price slashes ugh

mandiller

It's $70 here...

if that's two or three decent games for free, that might be worth it...

I'm considering buying the 3 month subscription ($30) just so I can play and beat Gravity Rush. I might do that when I clear out my backlog of other games.

Quick question: Can Castlevania: SotN be downloaded from your download list on a Vita? I know you can buy the game on the PS Store on a PSP, but you can't buy it on the Vita's PS Store for some silly reason.

Yagharek

Ive got a 30 day trial code if someone wants it for psn+.

And SOTN is not vita compatible yet, but apparently konami are looking into it.

SotN isn't listed on the site as Vita compatible. Would hold off until it changes if you don't plan to play it on PS3/PSN.

Was hoping there would be cheap PS+ cards on eBay but nadda :(
I used to grab Xbox Gold from there for under $40. Finally let myself lapse into Silver status! They threw up enough prompts to almost confuse me into resubbing though!

Okay PC people.
Yesterday I could download a .rar file and open it.
Today when I download the exact same .rar file it is "corrupt" and won't extract.

What gives? I didn't do shit to my PC in that time!

Shaneus

Says 3G on the box.

Doubt the book would be included.

If they haven't rubbed their balls all over it I would call it a fantastic deal!
I reckon the book would be... if they're getting rid of all that stuff in the one sale AND couldn't tell that the Vita was 3G as well, maybe they don't know about the book.

Anyway, thrown my 2c into the ring. It was advertised mid-Sept so I doubt it's still up for sale, but we'll see.

Jintor

Buy that shit. I paid $250 for the Vita + Lumines + wipeout to deek and didn't feel ripped off, so if you get Schafer and Spector's signatures into the deal I would say worth it

mandiller

Ive got a 30 day trial code if someone wants it for psn+.

And SOTN is not vita compatible yet, but apparently konami are looking into it.

I'd love the 30-day trial code if it's still available!

SotN isn't listed on the site as Vita compatible. Would hold off until it changes if you don't plan to play it on PS3/PSN.

It's compatible in the US. Hope Konami get onto it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Shaneus

Awesome shit

On the Vita tip, I mentioned it before, but that ad is from mid-Sept and Gumtree users are notorious for not updating their ads. Even though you'd think that it'd be easier to cancel the ad than deal with annoying people asking about it... I dunno.

Update to my .rar woes: Recovery Toolbox for RAR was able to repair and extract the file out of the .rar file no problem.

I still have no idea why I have this issue :/

Okay. Now my Optus mobile data isn't working. DNS failing.
The ADSL is dropping in and out too.
Maybe the Mayans didn't calculate to an exact science

:/

Dat Vita symbol :)

My friend is reporting that he's got a DNS problem on his network. Turns out his ISP is dodo. Serves his family right!

Well shit. That makes sense then. I recall another provider fucking up their DNS a few months back too? Strange that my Optus one goes down at the same time though. :/

Probably the source of my .rar frustrations too, since it was working fine again for the past 2 days and I can easily repair them.

Yagharek

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm $1.80 short on my psn wallet for castlevania. I will have to get a prepaid card tomorrow afternoon instead ;_;

And maybe vagrant story and jet set radio and ...

N0VAM0D

Awesome shit

On the Vita tip, I mentioned it before, but that ad is from mid-Sept and Gumtree users are notorious for not updating their ads. Even though you'd think that it'd be easier to cancel the ad than deal with annoying people asking about it... I dunno.

Happened to me today, actually! Someone was selling Gravity Rush and Uncharted: GA for $25 each, and they replied to me saying that the listing ended a whole month ago. Sad times were had.

Gazunta

Oh God damn, thanks for letting me know about the Bullfrog sale on GOG. BOUGHT.

Jase - we can still be friends, man! I know that whole Manic Street Preachers thing is wrong, and it's not something I'm proud of. It's my secret shame, like reading Dolly Doctor when I was a kid.

N0VAM0D

Both games are free on PS+ if you hold a subscription!

Don't have it, unfortunately. I'm not gonna be able to buy another Vita memory card for a while either, so I've got no space left for the downloads. (This 4GB card is lame, I can only fit one game on the system right now!). Thank you, though!

so tonight at work would have been a great night if not for 1 bit of information i found out, thats just pissed me right off and will probably leave me in this pissed off state for quite some time.
anyway im still up for drinks tomorrow if i cant get a shift. i was thinking of going for drinks even if i got one but thats probably not the best idea is it, turning up to work with a few in me
hmmm okay, that's fairly disappointing if that's the case.

Edit: My mistake, wording was clarified above. I don't feel so bad then, because I know Choc gets routinely called out for his Chocness :)

I have seen one explicitly racist Aus Gaffer, though I don't know if he is actually part of what I would call 'AusGAF'.

oh do tell
Yeah, I think it was his banks fault in the end. He disputed one non Steam transaction, but the bank did a chargeback on a whole bunch of them, one of them being Steam. Steam disabled his account waiting for a letter from the bank who dicked around for ages. Steams fault for being zero tolerance, banks fault for it taking so long. If I remember correctly anyway.

and thus evlc00kie was born
Look what arrived today!
http://i.imgur.com/HH0ygm.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

that reminds me
did you end up getting me a little trinket that i dont deserve from japan?

Jintor

The World Ends With You: pretty good. Pity the touch controls are so finicky and it's IMPOSSIBLE for your brain to multitask both battles at once.

Jase - we can still be friends, man! I know that whole Manic Street Preachers thing is wrong, and it's not something I'm proud of. It's my secret shame, like reading Dolly Doctor when I was a kid.
There's no shame in reading Dolly Doctor as a kid. Where else is a young man able to get titillation and insight into the mystery that is woman?

Don't have it, unfortunately. I'm not gonna be able to buy another Vita memory card for a while either, so I've got no space left for the downloads. (This 4GB card is lame, I can only fit one game on the system right now!). Thank you, though!
I think I have a 30 day trial. Would you like it? You can use a PC to manage and backup your memory card so you can move your current games off for the meantime and play the freebies. Let me know, anyway. (having said that, I hope the code is still valid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom