• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arksy

I was there. My great grandparents on both sides died during the Gallipoli invasion. Although, somewhat uniquely, they were both fighting different sides of the conflict.

Clipper

So a Kickstarter just got more of my money... In this case, A Study in Emerald.

This is a board game by Martin Wallace, based on a book by Neil Gaiman, set in the Lovecraftian Cthulhu universe, starring Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes. I can't resist that mix of creators and themes. It is just too geeky to not be backed :p.

It might seem expensive (50 GBP), but keep in mind that it includes shipping, anywhere in the world.

Never banned. No custom title.

What are good vidya games podcasts? Also why are nearly all podcasts so damn long? (>1hr)
It depends on if you want current or old podcasts.

Current:
A Life Well Wasted
Idle Thumbs
Player One Podcast (it's only had one bad episode, when some Australian game developer jerk named Cameron was on it. Ugh)
Retronauts
Radio Free Nintendo
Giant Bomb (I'm not a fan but a lot of people seem to really like it.)

Old:
GFW Radio
1Up Yours
Out of the Game

There's a few more but it really depends upon your gaming tastes and whether you want

Just played the first couple of levels of Monaco single player and it seems good. Big thing about this game is that it isn't the kind where you get stressed about getting seen by guards. It really is like Oceans 11 where your plan of attack is going to come unstuck and hijinks will ensure.

Arksy

I can't deal with the 3D in the 3DS. I know you can shut it off but I'm trying hard to like it. I'm trying, and I'm failing.

markot

Banned
Its too finicky, and the shadowing or whatever you call it kinda sucks >.<

When it works its amazing though, fire emblem, the fire embers made me want to swat at the screen cause I thought it was a flying bug in the room!

Clipper

I usually keep the 3D on, but in certain conditions, like while playing a game when lying in bed, I'll switch it off as it's too had to find the sweet spot.

I also usually leave the 3D slider at about 3/4 of the way up (sometimes down to a half even) as I really can't stand the maximum level of depth in most games for some reason.

Arksy

Fire emblem is my first 3DS game. Is there anything else worth getting at the moment? Enjoying Fire Emblem so far, but I'm only a good hour or so into it.

the 3D gave me terrible headaches the day after I played with 3D on (and I've never had that with 3D movies), so apart from a few stages in Mario 3D Land which were a lot easier in 3D mode, I just turn it off. So yeah, I treat it like a DS Advance.

Went to the midnight screening of Iron Man Three last night.

It was pretty awesome, way better than the second one, with dashes of The Avengers and some great comedy and action scenes.

As always, stay until after the credits.

Yep, I enjoyed it too. No Samuel L Jackson or Scarlett getting rammed down your throat like in Iron Man 2.

Fire emblem is my first 3DS game. Is there anything else worth getting at the moment? Enjoying Fire Emblem so far, but I'm only a good hour or so into it.
- Super Mario 3D Land
- Kid Icarus Uprising (Haven't played this one, but a lot of people seem to like it)
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
- Zelda: OoT 3D (if you've never played it)
- Etrian Odyssey IV (if you really really dig FE)
- VVVVVV (It's cheaper on Steam, but I LOVE being able to play this portably)
- Nano Assault (Get the digital version - it has bug fixes)

Don't buy NSMB2 for full price. It's got some good level design so it's worth playing, but the 3D implementation is lazy, the DLC isn't great, Streetpass is worthless and all the music/assets recycled, which usually doesn't bother me, but so close on the heels of others in the series, it really does feels like Mario of Duty Black Ops 2. Wait a year or two for this one.

Fusebox

Banned
Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem Sacred Stones are two of the few Boxed GBA games I still own because I'm a big fan of the series but I'm still yet to dust off my 3DS and get into Awakening. Judging by my backlog I'll probably get into it sometime in December at this rate. :(

Fire emblem is my first 3DS game. Is there anything else worth getting at the moment?

Dead or Alive Dimensions - Really, really solid Dead or Alive fightan on the go. Big roster, lots of stages, some weird story mode that kinda runs through the first few games in the series in a disjointed manner.

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Rail shooter/third person action hybrid. Solid gameplay with a fun, cheeky script. Lots of loot if you're in to that sort of thing.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - It's Kingdom Hearts, so fun if you're in to that sort of thing. Possibly the best in the series alongside Birth by Sleep.

Mario Kart 7 - Not as much variety of content as Mario Kart DS but the courses are fun.

New Style Boutique - Not going to be for everyone, especially amongst a game forum like GAF, but a fun store management/dress up game. Very relaxing to zone out to.

Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions - A good collection for the fairly cheap price it can be had at. Original arcade versions of Pac-Man and Galaga, the XBLA games (only CE for Pac-Man though, not CEDX) and two new versions which are an okay momentum-based scrolling platformer for Paccy and a rail shooter for Galaga.

Resident Evil: Revelations - Plays like Resident Evil 4/5 but with atmosphere more like the former. Also includes a neat looty multiplayer mode.

Super Mario 3D Land - I don't like this as much as some others seem to, but it's still pretty rad. An interesting hybrid of the 2D and 3D styles of Mario platformers.

Gunman Clive (eShop) - Stylish Mega Man-esque platformer. Short but cheap and fun. Does a cool thing where you can play the damsel (who has a SMB2 Princess style float) and rescue Clive instead if you want. Get it.

HarmoKnight (eShop) - Rhythm action game by Game Freak on their day off from Pokemon.

Pullblox/Fallblox (eShop)
Luigi's Mansion 2
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Shinobi

Danoss

Tell me about it! The tablets definitely help, and for some reason I'm not as bad as I used to be (though I guess I'm somewhat avoiding dairy-heavy products) but sometimes I lapse and just think "fuck it", like Christmas last year when I had pudding with cream, ice-cream and custard AND I think some cheesecake... yeah, I wasn't in the best state when I got home :/

I'll definitely have to go and buy some of those Lacteze tablets and keep them with me. Just thinking of those foods you mentioned eating, I can imagine the intense stomach pains and the rest that follows. I've had food poisoning before and this is on par, if not worse.

This is fucking awesome to hear, dude. I know you're not flash on medication but even if you don't go down that route, even just talking to someone who's well versed in ADHD can be a great help. Even better if you talk to someone who's a qualified medical practitioner who also happens to have it (like I have) but man, just hearing you're taking steps is a fucking awesome thing :)

After speaking to a friend who suffers from the same thing, she tells me that the medication is magical. It's like pulling back a curtain and being able to see clearly. I'm much more open to it now if I can be able to think more clearly and function normally. It's common antidepressants that I'm against, but I highly doubt I'll be prescribed those.

Apparently adult ADD/ADHD commonly has various disorders along with it. That should make things interesting, I'm sure.

That sucks about the dog and you being blamed, utter bollocks. Good to hear you got a referral though, good luck.

It is bullshit, but I don't have to tell you that. The dog is a tiny Chihuahua that can almost sit in the palm of your hand, unless it can shit half its body weight, common sense should prevail. Hopefully Mr Psychiatrist can help make this shit easier to deal with, thank you.

Good to hear you got into someone! It can really be a big help.

Gaston.jpg

I shouldn't have dropped out of uni, I got no idea what is going on :(

Im starting to think i might be somewhat lactose intol.

Whats a good non dairy milk i can try? Rice or almond or....

Might grab one tonight for testing purposes.

I logged in to gaf for a reason, the above wasnt it. Ive gone blank.
As others have said, try some soy milk for a week and see how you feel.

I used to looooooooove Stagg Chili. Not sure what happened, but one day I just went off it. Picked up one a few years back and didn't enjoy it at all. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I just think the canned flavour got to me, it seemed to permeate into the taste somehow.
Probably one of the ingredients changed. Happens to me all the time saddly, there was an awesome pasta spag sauce I ate all the time as a kid until they changed one supplier and it just wasn't the same. The Alfredo packet mix from Continental was the same, ate so much of it through 2006-7 until they fucked with it and it became terrible.

:(

I'd feel really weird if I ever pirated the Simpsons. Not because, y'know, piracy. But because it'd just seem so off to watch Simpsons out of syndication. I never, as a child, actively sought out Simpsons to watch - it was just always on.

To be able to just go out and get The Simpsons, in a form where I could watch any episode any time I wanted to, is frankly bizarre to me.

But I still want to do it some day. Do a season 1-12 marathon.
I pirated the first 12 seasons as I couldn't be fucked ripping and encoding all my DVD sets. Takes fucking forever to do that! Easier to just download a torrent of high quality rips already done. Did the same thing with Seinfeld, now that I think of it I should do OG Futurama too, would love to watch that in bed on my phone.

Plus it is nice to be able to watch the syndication cuts, like I just watched the SLH training episode and Marge not only shows off her callous by pricking it with a needle but holds a lit lighter to it too! Never knew that.

Dead Man and VKS I just wanna say most of what you're saying is going straight over my head but MAN is it interesting to read.

Also. Finally bought the plane tickets to Melbourne for PAX. EXCITED AS ALL HELL.
LETS ALL GO TO PAX!

I should book a hotel soon shouldn't I.

The more I play of Bioshock Infinite the more confused I become as to the crazed praise.
Where was the crazed praise from? Most of what I came across was bitching about one thing or another. The scores were high but most people seemed critical as fuck of it, which is nice to see compared to most big releases.

I feel like plot points are telegraphed fairly obviously and then executed in strange ways.
Always going to be an issue when people played his last game. You know his style so the delivery of plot isn't going to be as effective on you as it would someone coming into the franchise cold.

The plot was fairly focused towards people rather than themes this time around which does make it feel rather strange when all these giant themes are largely only used to flesh out one or two characters, rather than the whole of society. That's one of Levine's hallmarks though. It seems more epic and wide ranging when in actual fact his writing tends to boil down to humanistic stuff. People are just turning onto it sooner than they did with the first Bioshock.

I can't deal with the 3D in the 3DS. I know you can shut it off but I'm trying hard to like it. I'm trying, and I'm failing.
Yeah I don't even bother with it any more. As I use the 3DS more and more as a PORTABLE device it becomes harder to incorporate using the 3D without diminishing my enjoyment in that situation.

Maybe buying that book stand thing for it would help!

Shaneus

After speaking to a friend who suffers from the same thing, she tells me that the medication is magical. It's like pulling back a curtain and being able to see clearly. I'm much more open to it now if I can be able to think more clearly and function normally. It's common antidepressants that I'm against, but I highly doubt I'll be prescribed those.

Apparently adult ADD/ADHD commonly has various disorders along with it. That should make things interesting, I'm sure.
Pretty much spot on... though it's important to kind of remember there's a honeymoon period that varies from person to person. At first, the medication basically does everything because there's such a drastic difference between pre and post-meds, but as that differential point gets further away, things kind of settle down and you realise you still have to make a conscious effort to unlearn all the little subconscious behaviours you created to work around the foibles of ADHD. I still exhibit some fairly obvious traits (misplacing keys, running late), but I think that's more of a result of falling back into old habits and *not* the medication not working. When I'm at my best, I'm able to catch myself before they happen and break that cycle we've spoken about before, but it doesn't always happen.

On your second point, it's 100% correct. There are definitely other disorders that come with it, and most of those stem from getting stuck in those loops (anxiety is a MASSIVE one). Medication won't necessarily break you out of those by themselves (though it may feel like that's the case during said honeymoon period), but it gives you the ability to step away from said loops, take a breather, constructively analyse what's causing them and hopefully disable them altogether. You do that enough times, it becomes second nature :)

Announcements of announcements huzzah!!
Here's an announcement: Shut the fuck up.

I pirated the first 12 seasons as I couldn't be fucked ripping and encoding all my DVD sets. Takes fucking forever to do that! Easier to just download a torrent of high quality rips already done. Did the same thing with Seinfeld, now that I think of it I should do OG Futurama too, would love to watch that in bed on my phone.

Plus it is nice to be able to watch the syndication cuts, like I just watched the SLH training episode and Marge not only shows off her callous by pricking it with a needle but holds a lit lighter to it too! Never knew that.[/quote[
Yeah, I did the same with Futurama as well... even better, I found a rip where they guy had done it to MKV (hell yeah) AND included the commentary track with EVERY EPISODE. Ugh, so good. I actually spent nearly a full day trying to rip my own DVDs (a single disc) in the same way, but there were stupid interspersed frames that I guess came from the NTSC>PAL conversion.

LETS ALL GO TO PAX!
My bags are PAXed, I'm ready to go.

I'm probably going to be hiking it (either driving or training) from Geelong, so I'd have no problem if you wanted to crash at mine for the weekend (provided you were happy with a blow-up mattress and sleeping bag/doona). Seriously, the offer's there.

It depends on if you want current or old podcasts.

Current:
A Life Well Wasted
Idle Thumbs
Player One Podcast (it's only had one bad episode, when some Australian game developer jerk named Cameron was on it. Ugh)
Retronauts
Radio Free Nintendo
Giant Bomb (I'm not a fan but a lot of people seem to really like it.)

Old:
GFW Radio
1Up Yours
Out of the Game

There's a few more but it really depends upon your gaming tastes and whether you want

Thankssss. I'm going with newer podcasts for now. Giantbombcasts are way too damn long though.

Danoss

Pretty much spot on... though it's important to kind of remember there's a honeymoon period that varies from person to person. At first, the medication basically does everything because there's such a drastic difference between pre and post-meds, but as that differential point gets further away, things kind of settle down and you realise you still have to make a conscious effort to unlearn all the little subconscious behaviours you created to work around the foibles of ADHD. I still exhibit some fairly obvious traits (misplacing keys, running late), but I think that's more of a result of falling back into old habits and *not* the medication not working. When I'm at my best, I'm able to catch myself before they happen and break that cycle we've spoken about before, but it doesn't always happen.

On your second point, it's 100% correct. There are definitely other disorders that come with it, and most of those stem from getting stuck in those loops (anxiety is a MASSIVE one). Medication won't necessarily break you out of those by themselves (though it may feel like that's the case during said honeymoon period), but it gives you the ability to step away from said loops, take a breather, constructively analyse what's causing them and hopefully disable them altogether. You do that enough times, it becomes second nature :)

That doesn't surprise me. Once the feeling of a new experience has worn off, then it's just focusing on bettering all those things that medication can't fix. That's going to be the most difficult part, especially since those habits and behaviours are so deeply rooted.

When I was looking for places to get help (goddamn the internet is terrible for that, you get a lot of private places that want to charge you an arm and a leg) I discovered the associated disorders and was concerned that I could see myself in anxiety disorder, ODD, BPD and ASPD. That was unsettling to say the least and made me realise that I definitely need some help and have for some time. Trying to sift through all those terribly expensive places was overwhelming that I gave up at that point, luckily my friend got me to come and see her GP for a referral.

It's good to talk with someone who knows and understands. I don't bother with anyone else, they just don't get it and think I'm making excuses and whatnot.

Play Asia has Resident Evil Anthology on PS3 for $88 delivered today if you are into collecting that shit. Inc: Resi 1/2/3/4/5/6. All but Resi 6 are coupons for PSN lol.

Markot he was banned because it was an alt account.

Shaneus

you're doing it wrong. You should have said "Here's an announcement: Coming on August 15th we will tell you what it is."

Also: :(
That's the day before my birthday!

Oh shit, I ruined the surprise.

A: Whyd he get banned?
This. I assume it's because it's a discussion about drugs, but what's the "alt" reference in Rep's post?

That doesn't surprise me. Once the feeling of a new experience has worn off, then it's just focusing on bettering all those things that medication can't fix. That's going to be the most difficult part, especially since those habits and behaviours are so deeply rooted.

When I was looking for places to get help (goddamn the internet is terrible for that, you get a lot of private places that want to charge you an arm and a leg) I discovered the associated disorders and was concerned that I could see myself in anxiety disorder, ODD, BPD and ASPD. That was unsettling to say the least and made me realise that I definitely need some help and have for some time. Trying to sift through all those terribly expensive places was overwhelming that I gave up at that point, luckily my friend got me to come and see her GP for a referral.
If you can, honestly don't try to think about what other disorders you may have as well. I found the source of my anxiety was just a result of my ADHD, and to be honest I never really thought I had it until I was medicated and got around/through it. Not that this is advice you *must* take, but I'd work on the major thing first. You may suffer from those things, but they're all highly likely to be caused by the way your brain works because of ADHD. Once you treat that, I think you'll find the other things will drop away.

I guess a suitable analogy might be, say, looking at excessive petrol usage in a car. You can see it and know it's happening, but you can't necessarily do anything about it until you work out why it's happening. In my case, I took my car for a service, got the engine repaired, some hoses fixed and amongst many other benefits, my fuel consumption is back to normal.

It's good to talk with someone who knows and understands. I don't bother with anyone else, they just don't get it and think I'm making excuses and whatnot.
Man, that's great to hear. I guess I was somewhat unlucky in that I didn't really know anyone in person who had it, and when I'd suggested it to my (now ex)-girlfriend it was just a "There's no way you have it" kind of response (such is the stereotype of ADHD people being like hyperactive little shits). Never really mentioned it to anyone else, so when I noticed that I was avoiding people every so often because I knew I couldn't sustain my end of the conversation, I manned up and went to a doctor I'd seen mentioned in the past who had it himself... completely by myself. I was going to say "You have no idea how close my heart was to jumping through my chest" because I was THAT nervous, but you probably know exactly what I mean ;) Knowing you're about to potentially make a decision that would literally change your life (and how you look back on everything prior to that) it's scary shit. Needlessly so, but eh, that's ADHD for ya... always overthinking shit.

Took me a few weeks to tell my closest friends, and about a year to tell anyone in my family :/

Edit: I'd also recommend signing up to the ADDitude Magazine e-newsletter. There's a bunch of really interesting articles and useful tips in each one. I don't read all of them, but when I do there's usually something interesting in there. Oh, and there's an ADD forum (I think ADDforum.com?) but like my GP suggested to me, I'd recommend staying away from there for a while (if not indefinitely)... it can be a great place, but it also has the potential to be toxic. Think of it as like being an Australian on NeoGAF ;)

Danoss

If you can, honestly don't try to think about what other disorders you may have as well. I found the source of my anxiety was just a result of my ADHD, and to be honest I never really thought I had it until I was medicated and got around/through it. Not that this is advice you *must* take, but I'd work on the major thing first. You may suffer from those things, but they're all highly likely to be caused by the way your brain works because of ADHD. Once you treat that, I think you'll find the other things will drop away.

I guess a suitable analogy might be, say, looking at excessive petrol usage in a car. You can see it and know it's happening, but you can't necessarily do anything about it until you work out why it's happening. In my case, I took my car for a service, got the engine repaired, some hoses fixed and amongst many other benefits, my fuel consumption is back to normal.

Oh, I just thought it was something I'd mention. I read some stuff while I was searching for things and was able to identify with. I won't deny that it's upsetting to see those things as a possibility when many of those descriptions fit me and also my current and previous relationships with others.

Thinking about and obsessing over it won't get me anywhere and will only cause me excess worry and anxiety, I just need to get in to the psychiatrist and start talking about it. The sooner that happens, the better. I'll be on the phone tomorrow making the appointment, hopefully the wait won't be too long to get in to see him.

Man, that's great to hear. I guess I was somewhat unlucky in that I didn't really know anyone in person who had it, and when I'd suggested it to my (now ex)-girlfriend it was just a "There's no way you have it" kind of response (such is the stereotype of ADHD people being like hyperactive little shits). Never really mentioned it to anyone else, so when I noticed that I was avoiding people every so often because I knew I couldn't sustain my end of the conversation, I manned up and went to a doctor I'd seen mentioned in the past who had it himself... completely by myself. I was going to say "You have no idea how close my heart was to jumping through my chest" because I was THAT nervous, but you probably know exactly what I mean ;) Knowing you're about to potentially make a decision that would literally change your life (and how you look back on everything prior to that) it's scary shit. Needlessly so, but eh, that's ADHD for ya... always overthinking shit.

Took me a few weeks to tell my closest friends, and about a year to tell anyone in my family :/

Talking about it is the hardest part, especially to those who don't understand it or have a preconceived notion about what it is. That hyperactivity thing you mention (what most people think of it as) is absent in adults, it's more part of a definition and descriptor of what it actually is. I don't need to tell you this though.

Good on you for going and taking care of shit on your own, that in itself is so very difficult. I'm looking forward to getting help for myself and I know I'll be nervous as hell talking about it, even to a person who understands it and is a specialist in that area (my friend thinks this psychiatrist has it himself, but is no 100%). It's amazing how strong and debilitating it can be in that regard.

I'd also recommend signing up to the ADDitude Magazine e-newsletter. There's a bunch of really interesting articles and useful tips in each one. I don't read all of them, but when I do there's usually something interesting in there. Oh, and there's an ADD forum (I think ADDforum.com?) but like my GP suggested to me, I'd recommend staying away from there for a while (if not indefinitely)... it can be a great place, but it also has the potential to be toxic. Think of it as like being an Australian on NeoGAF ;)

I saw the ADDforum, but only spent a little while (by little, I mean about an hour and it could have easily been longer) there because it wasn't putting me in a good place at all. It was compelling and I kept on clicking, but I had to stop myself. I'll check out that other place though, but probably after I've had my visit. Thanks for that.

reggie

Banned
Oh man, The Last Stand was awesome. Arnie actually wasn't embarrassing on screen either, he was a total bad ass. Plenty of hokey shit too which was nice.

You're fucking crazy. I coincidentally watched this today and thought it was fucking TERRIBLE. Whole movie felt like straight to DVD trash. Not even 'so bad it's good' either, just straight up bad. Arnie deserves better.

Shaneus

Talking about it is the hardest part, especially to those who don't understand it or have a preconceived notion about what it is. That hyperactivity thing you mention (what most people think of it as) is absent in adults, it's more part of a definition and descriptor of what it actually is. I don't need to tell you this though.
Well, I think it's more that it manifests itself in other ways. Apparently I still showed signs of it because I jigged my one of my legs when sitting down or was uber-fidgety with my hands when standing up. I don't know whether it's considered "hyperactive" if your thought processes dart around mentally like a 5 year old would physically, but that's certainly something as well.

The fidgeting may also be attributed to being anxious, but I remember it happening at the dinner table as a kid at home even when there was no pressure or anxiety to speak of.

Good on you for going and taking care of shit on your own, that in itself is so very difficult. I'm looking forward to getting help for myself and I know I'll be nervous as hell talking about it, even to a person who understands it and is a specialist in that area (my friend thinks this psychiatrist has it himself, but is no 100%). It's amazing how strong and debilitating it can be in that regard.
Thanks tiger <3 If it helps, try not to think about whether you're exhibiting symptoms "enough" or not. That was my concern, but my GP (who I mentioned has it as well) was picking up on shit I wasn't even aware was a telltale sign. So just try to relax if you can, as hard as that advice may be to actually take ;)

I saw the ADDforum, but only spent a little while (by little, I mean about an hour and it could have easily been longer) there because it wasn't putting me in a good place at all. It was compelling and I kept on clicking, but I had to stop myself. I'll check out that other place though, but probably after I've had my visit. Thanks for that.
Man, that's very much how I was too (and how I still am with places like GAF and those fucking threads that are completely pointless and shit me up the wall so much that cods developed a Javascript plugin thingy to calm me down because he couldn't stand me being an edgy cunt in AusGAF) but like I said, there are definitely good areas. I found that sticking to the areas that were purely about medication (in my case, dexies) people were less likely to debate things like levels of hyperactivity, diagnoses... all the stuff that people tend to have REALLY strong opinions on.

But yeah, in the meantime... stick to this thread (and by all means, PM me if you have questions you don't want to ask in here, or take it to email if you want. Username @gmail.com :) ).

Jintor

Where was the crazed praise from? Most of what I came across was bitching about one thing or another. The scores were high but most people seemed critical as fuck of it, which is nice to see compared to most big releases.

Always going to be an issue when people played his last game. You know his style so the delivery of plot isn't going to be as effective on you as it would someone coming into the franchise cold.

The plot was fairly focused towards people rather than themes this time around which does make it feel rather strange when all these giant themes are largely only used to flesh out one or two characters, rather than the whole of society. That's one of Levine's hallmarks though. It seems more epic and wide ranging when in actual fact his writing tends to boil down to humanistic stuff. People are just turning onto it sooner than they did with the first Bioshock.

Okay, yeah, I finished it a few hours ago and have been mulling it over and I completely agree. What it feels like is that I expected to go into a story about Imperialist America and the Vox and all that stuff in the same way that most of the interesting bits about the original Bioshock (besides the twist) are to do with the story about Ryan, objectivism and the Civil War created by a society that thrives entirely on those ideals. But Infinite isn't actually about any of that stuff despite the Eagleland presentation and the racism/inequality themes. That stuff all turns out to be backdrop to the main story he's telling, which I think is actually incredibly clever, well-plotted out, lots of hints that you can put together retroactively later [although I still hold a lot of the actual execution kind of sucks and parts of it really feel weird because of the gameplay context)

Gazunta

Worst episode ever and he flat out ruined two 1up Yours podcasts too, what a jerk, unfunny.

I heartily endorse Mario 3D Land and Ridge Racer. I'm hearing good things about Luigi's Mansion 2.

LETS ALL GO TO PAX!

Uh yeah that would be advisable :)

I'm spending the long weekend coding. Hopefully I'll have something ready to show by the end of the long weekend...anyone want to do some Alpha testing?

Don't get your hopes up, it's not going to get good reviews

Danoss

But yeah, in the meantime... stick to this thread (and by all means, PM me if you have questions you don't want to ask in here, or take it to email if you want. Username @gmail.com :) ).

Thanks mate, for this and all that you wrote above. I won't respond to everything that you said, we could go back and forth all day, even though we kinda have. I may feel like discussing some stuff after I visit the psychiatrist, which is hopefully soon; I'll find out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom