• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Even C25K isn't making me go to sleep at a proper time since even week 3 isn't so deadly I can't do it, even if I'm somewhat fatigued ==;;

hamchan

Hahaha.

My grandmother lives in Redfern next to this Samoan family. My dad went round to see her yesterday and noticed that the Samoan family, having reached capacity in their own house, have knocked down the fence and built a hut into her backyard to house more of their family. Both parties are renting, and she doesn't want to say anything because "they are nice people".

Don't seem very nice if they're just taking land like that. ><

markot

Banned
Hahaha.

My grandmother lives in Redfern next to this Samoan family. My dad went round to see her yesterday and noticed that the Samoan family, having reached capacity in their own house, have knocked down the fence and built a hut into her backyard to house more of their family. Both parties are renting, and she doesn't want to say anything because "they are nice people".

If they leave it like that too long theyll be able to claim the area for themselves! Piracy! Squatters!

Danoss

Danoss, have you thought about easing into doing street photography? I don't know a heck of a lot about it specifically, but maybe you could just try photographing things like cool looking graffiti/artwork, then move onto things like taking photos of people's interesting things, like their pets, a bike, groceries or whatever (obviously asking their permission, breaking down that wall before asking them to be a subject themselves).

I dunno, might be a path to travel down :)

I think I need to move past this thing in my head before I can do it. Just bringing a camera to my eye in a public place is enough to set it off. The subject matter doesn't even factor into it, I feel eyes on me wondering "what the fuck is that guy doing?" and other judgments and I can't bring myself to do it. I always have a camera with me in those situations and I never use it. I want to so bad, but I just can't.

I know it's the wrong way of thinking, but I can't get past it. I look at yesterday where I was taking photos and was talking with a couple of the people that went past and there was no problem, I've done the same before; take me out of what feels like peaceful nature and put me in the concrete jungle and I freeze up. I know it doesn't make sense, but I can't stop feeling that way and it's so difficult to fight that it feels impossible.

Shaneus

I think I need to move past this thing in my head before I can do it. Just bringing a camera to my eye in a public place is enough to set it off. The subject matter doesn't even factor into it, I feel eyes on me wondering "what the fuck is that guy doing?" and other judgments and I can't bring myself to do it. I always have a camera with me in those situations and I never use it. I want to so bad, but I just can't.

I know it's the wrong way of thinking, but I can't get past it. I look at yesterday where I was taking photos and was talking with a couple of the people that went past and there was no problem, I've done the same before; take me out of what feels like peaceful nature and put me in the concrete jungle and I freeze up. I know it doesn't make sense, but I can't stop feeling that way and it's so difficult to fight that it feels impossible.
Guarantee that won't be anywhere near as much of an issue once you get the ADHD stuff underway. Seriously, you have my word. Be running around cities like a Japanese tourist in no time!*

*It's not racist, it's just stereotyping. Or something like that.

Even the prospect of having to get up early and go running for C25K isn't making me go to sleep earlier, since I can handle the current level even when somewhat fatigued by lack of sleep.
Ah okay, that makes sense. For sleep issues, I actually take ~1mg of melatonin (you have to import it, the shit they sell here is useless) and after about an hour, I feel like I'm ready for bed. If ever I want an early night, I just have that a little earlier than normal.
Taking that is supposed to undo to your body clock what staring at bright white screens until late at night does.

I haven't sold stuff online in years. In fact the last time was on sold.com.au
Before I list on ebay, is anyone here interested in audio gear?

specifically pairs of Dynaudio BM5A and BM6A studio monitors.

Danoss

Guarantee that won't be anywhere near as much of an issue once you get the ADHD stuff underway. Seriously, you have my word. Be running around cities like a Japanese tourist in no time!*

*It's not racist, it's just stereotyping. Or something like that.

Dammit, hurry up and be Wednesday already!

It seems like a fair stereotype to me. I haven't seen it for a while, but in my youth I recall seeing busloads of them firing off their cameras like machine guns. At least that's how we interpreted it. We'd hold an imaginary camera to our faces and make machine gun noises. "Look, Kangaroo! Tk-tk-tk-tk-tk-tk-tk-tk-tk-tk-tk-tk!"

I'm worried that this may be an "I'm not racist, but..." post. I was like 12 years old, so I'll leave it here anyway.

It isn't particularly, but then again, neither are the numbers from the A-League, or any other sport.

The difference in reporting is.
Sounds like you need to move house!
owGuidoItalianDueMAX.jpg

That is awesome lol
Are they nice about it? Like did they fence around it so they don't bother your gran?

In all seriousness she will have to let the real estate know as they will crack the shits if she doesn't let them know.

Nah. People are fairly chill. There's always a few good old boys sitting on a bench during the day. Some dude near mine has a pet pig that he walks, so that's cool. You do get domestic arguments that spread onto the pavement as one party walks away, but that's just occasional shouting. That being said there was some dude that got stabbed in one of the housing commissions and then walked to his own home in a housing commission ~1km away while trailing blood. He ended up bleeding out and the blood trail didn't get washed away for a while.

Idk, it seems decent enough. I've found that everyone is willing to say 'good morning' and 'how's your day been', and whenever I'm out walking the dog they'll stop and give her a pat. Area is becoming more and more popular too, so we'll see how older residents deal with the changes that brings.
The bold isn't that uncommon.

I don't even get smiles down here in Warrnambool, everyone is nasty and out for themselves

:(

During the visit to the GP when getting my referral to the psychiatrist, she suggested exercise, even just walking. Exercise is good for depression and in my case also has the benefit of possible weight loss. The most difficult part is always the motivation. In the past once moving past that wall of actually getting out the door, it's ridiculously easy and I'll wonder why I didn't do it sooner.
I definitely recommend just walking randomly, helped me a lot over the years. Once you get outside away from the noise of your own life your mind can line stuff up and process stuff much more comfortably without all the pressure on you. I used to go for a 2 hour walk around the park at uni every night just to stay sane.

If you find yourself needing motivation make a rule that you can only listen to podcasts when you are out walking, that will be the only way I get into this stack of Idle Thumbs I have accumulated over the last 12 months!

Hrrmm. I guess I should have ozbargains open on a seperate auto-refreshing window at all times or something. These daily newsletters aren't cutting it, half the things are already expired by the time I wake up.
AND THEN YOU WILL BE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAHAHAHAA!

I get like that too, I hate taking photos as it feels like I am taking everyone out of the moment but you just have to say to yourself, "Fuck it, fuck them, fuck their judgement, Imma get some cool pictures and they will look awesome".

My phone helps now, takes longer for that disconnect to creep in.

If I want to get sleepy I just read Shaneus' post history.
jambopatentedburnsauce.gif

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
If I want to go to sleep I just lie into bed and DO anything: like watch television, read a novel etc. It makes me feel tired as hell, kind of sucks when I end up falling asleep half-way during a film though.:/

Sarquiss_

I may be moving to Melbourne for work and was wondering where some good places to rent (Preferably near the CBD) would be.

I live alone so a 1 bedroom apartment would be the best.

Shaneus

On that thought Shaneus brought up this morning about having a creative outlet, here's a beautiful article that should be read by everyone.

James Rhodes: 'Find what you love and let it kill you'
Thank you *so* much for this, seriously. I think I'll print it out and keep it somewhere I'll always see it. And not use it as an incentive to gorge myself on chocolate jam donuts, Kooka's or jalapeno and cheddar Red Rock corn chips.

I have a love pillow that looks exactly like you. It pretty realistic, especially since I used some of your hair.

Mmmm mm.
BgNBmUs.jpg

How you doin'?

jambopatentedburnsauce.gif
I should use some of that in my chilli.

Hey Shaneuuuuuus, Lucid have more than just an awesome looking episodic kids puzzle adventure game for the Vita coming out...

Also that game is out in May so I should get a Vita sooner rather than later. Been playing Sherlock Holmes Vs. Jack the Ripper on 360 and loving the fucking out of adventure puzzle games again. The sequel is still like $36 to import though. I do have Dracula Origins on Steam though, which is by the same company so I might dig into that next.
Didn't realise it was out that soon.

On a related topic, is it just me or does it feel like the Vita is finally gaining some momentum? Or is it like that thing where you only notice something that's been there the whole time just because you're actively looking for it? I don't think it's the latter... the Vita definitely seems like it's picking up.

If I want to go to sleep I just lie into bed and DO anything: like watch television, read a novel etc. It makes me feel tired as hell, kind of sucks when I end up falling asleep half-way during a film though.:/
935304_530526176993247_462960266_n.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I may be moving to Melbourne for work and was wondering where some good places to rent (Preferably near the CBD) would be.

You could just rent within the CBD.

Would all depend on how much you want to spend per week.

My mind has gone blank so i'm stumped for what suburbs D:

On a related topic, is it just me or does it feel like the Vita is finally gaining some momentum? Or is it like that thing where you only notice something that's been there the whole time just because you're actively looking for it? I don't think it's the latter... the Vita definitely seems like it's picking up.

TBH it is going along at the same pace it has for the last 6 months. Just has its niche that doesn't gain huge attention but is constantly given games at a good rate. The heavy hitters that will bring the wider audience attention are on the way like Killzone, Sony have just got too much on their plate at the moment in my opinion which has led to the Vita being a bit of a stealth system.

Soul Sacrifice has turned out a lot better than I expected and I'm really tempted to jump in on it.

Also don't forget that Thomas Was Alone is FREE for PS+ members right now, PS3 and Vita versions.

Sarquiss_

You could just rent within the CBD.

Would all depend on how much you want to spend per week.

My mind has gone blank so i'm stumped for what suburbs D:

Thanks for the reply evlcookie :) I would be looking to spend between $350-$400. Not sure whether that would get be anything in the CBD though.

Deeku

if anyone in Melbourne is looking for long-term accommodation, I have a spare room at my place. Two-bedroom unit in Chadstone.
?

also i dont know where chadstone is

http://i.imgur.com/BgNBmUs.jpg[IMG]
How [i]you[/i] doin'?[/quote]
oh he was on like an episode of top gear i watch last week (old or new i don't know) and he was kinda old lookin, i was like whoa

Hrrmm. I guess I should have ozbargains open on a seperate auto-refreshing window at all times or something. These daily newsletters aren't cutting it, half the things are already expired by the time I wake up.

It's frustrating hey. I always forget to check ozb during the day so the newsletter is handy but urgh miss out on so much.

Stackboy

Tomb Raider is $20 on GMG this weekend with a 20% off voucher (found on their blog). I think Hitman Absolution is $7.50 too, not 100% sure if on GMG or elsewhere...

I started Tomb Raider this weekend, after finishing Bioshock Infinite (Great game, but the first game is still better). Finding Tomb Raider to be lots of fun. Great exploration, decent story and the combat is really fun.

Hahaha.

That sounds insane! Who would put up with that?

So the therapist has suggested I need to do something to get my brain working again, the suggestion was the gym.

Dis gunna be good

I have no real passion or motivation for anything in life so exercise is meant to help give you a kick start in that department.

I have 2 weeks to actually check out the gym and maybe join and do a single session. That might sound like a long time but for me it's way too short.

Woo self challenges, shoot me now.

Maybe just try doing 30 minute workouts in the morning. I've started working out in the mornings for my health. One day I do cardio, the next I do a Tabata workout (if you're interested, look it up). On top of changing my eating habits (my girlfriend is really helping me out with that) I am getting really good results.

TBH it is going along at the same pace it has for the last 6 months. Just has its niche that doesn't gain huge attention but is constantly given games at a good rate. The heavy hitters that will bring the wider audience attention are on the way like Killzone, Sony have just got too much on their plate at the moment in my opinion which has led to the Vita being a bit of a stealth system.

Bought my Vita a year ago and don't understand why it's not doing better. So many great titles.

Shaneus

Oh also Shaneus you could benefit from this. Only $17!
Why? :(

oh he was on like an episode of top gear i watch last week (old or new i don't know) and he was kinda old lookin, i was like whoa
US or UK? Guessing the former. Matthew Perry was on Conan a short while back and I was surprised at how good he actually looked. I remember he chunked up after Friends but seems to have gotten himself together since.

Dead Man

Cooking Skippy stew.

14lu3.jpeg

Sorry for the shit picture, thought I would share after Cods chilli.

US or UK? Guessing the former. Matthew Perry was on Conan a short while back and I was surprised at how good he actually looked. I remember he chunked up after Friends but seems to have gotten himself together since.

UK actually, I liked him much beter after I saw his segment. Let me wiki it...

14lva.png

hamchan

Went to EB and JB to buy some 3DS games. Couldn't find Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem or Monster Hunter 3. MH3 only had download codes for sale. If Nintendo is under stocking these titles so they can force people into their shitty eshop then they suck. Will never buy anything from that eshop while the games remain tied to hardware instead of an account,

Danoss

Yes they are, bloody expensive at the moment though. 3 parsnips, 1 swede, 4 carrots, 6 potatoes, celery, can of tomatoes, bay leaf, pepper, beer, garlic, stock, water,and roo.

$10 a kilo, you're not kidding! Might just buy a couple.

That looks and sounds delicious, I wish I were having some of that. I haven't had kangaroo before and am interested in what it's like. Chow Mein for dinner over here. Might mix up some Miso soup for lunch.

Dead Man

$10 a kilo, you're not kidding! Might just buy a couple.

That looks and sounds delicious, I wish I were having some of that. I haven't had kangaroo before and am interested in what it's like. Chow Mein for dinner over here. Might mix up some Miso soup for lunch.

I love kangaroo in stews and casseroles, it has more depth of flavour than beef, and is sweeter than lamb. I can't grill it to save my life, but in stews and whatnot I think it is perfect. It's not cheep, but since it all comes from culling I justify by it telling myself I am reducing demand for grazing land ever so slightly. It's about the only red meat I buy for myself besides beef mince.

Oh also Shaneus you could benefit from this. Only $17!
jambopatentedchiliapprovedburnsauce.jpg

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa!

Any MelbGAF interested in this? I could certainly bring a couple 'real' games.

EYk0z6B.png
So... no friends, then?

As in the national emblem, yes.
Using a national emblem in your stew? Seems rude.

Roo'd, geddit?

Got my RSA in flying cololurs. It boiled down to a 20 question multiple choice sheet.
How many bodily organs you got left?

Danoss

I love kangaroo in stews and casseroles, it has more depth of flavour than beef, and is sweeter than lamb. I can't grill it to save my life, but in stews and whatnot I think it is perfect. It's not cheep, but since it all comes from culling I justify by it telling myself I am reducing demand for grazing land ever so slightly. It's about the only red meat I buy for myself besides beef mince.

I might see if I can get some from the butcher to try, not buying from the supermarkets. I was going to say beef mince was the only red meat I buy too, but then I remembered sausage mince for making rissoles, lamb shanks, and blade or gravy beef for throwing in the slow cooker.

Got my RSA in flying cololurs. It boiled down to a 20 question multiple choice sheet.

If the person is obviously drunk you should:

• serve them a drink
  • not serve them a drink

Shaneus

jambopatentedchiliapprovedburnsauce.jpg
It was a burn? :(

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa!
You've become a real cunt in your old age.

So... no friends, then?
TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE.

Using a national emblem in your stew? Seems rude.

Roo'd, geddit?
Not funny, grandpa.

How many bodily organs you got left?
One more than you.

Nice! Are you planning on working in a bar or pub or something? We should all visit when everyone's down at PAX and embarrass the shit out of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom