• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i should see about getting mine updated/re qualified, did my rsa back in 07 before i was 18 and allowed to serve alcohol anyway.
Any MelbGAF interested in this? I could certainly bring a couple 'real' games.

EYk0z6B.png

yes but only if we play hungry hungry hippos
also i have no idea where that is or how i would get there

bomma_man

603636_10152778355260335_1018801681_n.jpg

So these are being delivered around Sandy Bay.

I could be wrong (the grammar could certainly be better) but isn't it basically arguing that gays should be able to marry? I'm genuinely confused.

Danoss

I don't know what that's trying to say either. Is it "don't worry about the homosexuals because they'll be dead soon"?

Isn't that wrong anyway, I thought married males lives were longer and married females lives were shorter on average compared to their single counterparts? I thought that was the basis of the joke that us men suck the life out of the women we marry.

bomma_man

and what's a homosexual newspaper anyway? the san francisco chronicle?

the ten year old that wrote the 'get over it' essay needs to give these people a lesson in the English language.

jambo

Maybe they mean "don't be a homosexual because you'll die young," like that Aussie guy last year comparing smokers and homosexuals.

Jintor

I wish I could use that casual causal relationship of facts and random assertions to come to similar nonsensical conclusions. It'd be a big help in university writings. Alas, I am doomed to actually attempt to have a logical connection between arguments and data, as opposed to whatever nonsense that pamphlet is attempting to argue.

bomma_man

I wish I could use that casual causal relationship of facts and random assertions to come to similar nonsensical conclusions. It'd be a big help in university writings. Alas, I am doomed to actually attempt to have a logical connection between arguments and data, as opposed to whatever nonsense that pamphlet is attempting to argue.

It's a shame isn't it.

Jintor

I like that they are comparing data from a) published obituaries from b) 15 'homosexual newspapers' compared to two 'major newspapers'. I mean, there's so much room for error there in terms of getting useful statistics out of there you could probably drive a parade float through it.

That $20 overcoat looked fucking rad. Pissed to have missed that
Heard they had shipping issues, people ordering S and getting XL and being told they were shit out of luck for exchanges/refunds. Didn't pull the trigger for that reason.

Cooking Skippy stew.

14lu3.jpeg

Sorry for the shit picture, thought I would share after Cods chilli.
YUM ITS STEW SEASON BOYS

Had stew last night and will again tonight. I usually put pork shanks in, just because they are always sitting around the freezer from the inlaws. I don't actually eat them, just use them for flavour. All about the potato/celery/parsnip combo.

PS. Rep, you missed this:
Squeenix PC games cheap!
I thought it was a US only sale? Need to VPN right? Also the only decent price is FF7 for $6 but even then it is a shit situation they put you in. Not sure if you would have to VPN in every time to play too. The EU sale is worse with the higher prices for us :(

Sleepy Dogs for $7.50 is good if you don't already have it, although it will hit $5 soon as it has been around this mark for a few months now.

Went to EB and JB to buy some 3DS games. Couldn't find Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem or Monster Hunter 3. MH3 only had download codes for sale. If Nintendo is under stocking these titles so they can force people into their shitty eshop then they suck. Will never buy anything from that eshop while the games remain tied to hardware instead of an account,
Import Ho!
index.php

Can I see parsnip in there? Parsnips are awesome. I should buy some.
Parsnip is a requirement. Without a doubt.

I love kangaroo in stews and casseroles, it has more depth of flavour than beef, and is sweeter than lamb. I can't grill it to save my life, but in stews and whatnot I think it is perfect. It's not cheep, but since it all comes from culling I justify by it telling myself I am reducing demand for grazing land ever so slightly. It's about the only red meat I buy for myself besides beef mince.
Yup roo is pretty great if you can keep it moist while cooking. Can't bring myself to pay for it though.

Any MelbGAF interested in this? I could certainly bring a couple 'real' games.

EYk0z6B.png
I would be up for that! Bring the little guy in to play some Hungry Hungry Hippos and then the wife can take him home and let the big boys get into brass tacks.

I don't live in Melbourne though so no dice :(

Got my RSA in flying cololurs. It boiled down to a 20 question multiple choice sheet.
I remember the dude up the front talking shit about all the clubs in Geelong and the pseudo-celebs he had served. Then 10 minutes before the end he realised we had to take a test so he put it up on the projector and we all ticked the boxes, grabbed our forms and that was it lol

603636_10152778355260335_1018801681_n.jpg

So these are being delivered around Sandy Bay.

I could be wrong (the grammar could certainly be better) but isn't it basically arguing that gays should be able to marry? I'm genuinely confused.
They are trying to say if you are gay you die sooner. But the source of the data is invalid, how do you know that gay people don't have obituaries in "normal" newspaper?

jambo

The median age of death for lesbians is 43? I guess you can only go down so many times before you stay down...

esg8sgv.gif

They are trying to say if you are gay you die sooner. But the source of the data is invalid, how do you know that gay people don't have obituaries in "normal" newspaper?

At the last big homosexual meeting (you know, where they discuss their agenda and plans for worldwide domination) they decided to only use homosexual papers for now.

the ten year old that wrote the 'get over it' essay needs to give these people a lesson in the English language.

what's this about?

So scientific.

AIDS only shaves 3 years off your life, not bad.

This just in... AIDS: Worth It.

I like that they are comparing data from a) published obituaries from b) 15 'homosexual newspapers' compared to two 'major newspapers'. I mean, there's so much room for error there in terms of getting useful statistics out of there you could probably drive a parade float through it.

damn reptile just stole my point that there'd be plenty of obituaries for homosexual people in regular newspapers.

I kinda love how the key shows males, homosexuals and females like homosexuals are some alien gender.

Those FACTS have obviously been collated from different studies or else there should be two lesbian columns, aids and non-aids like the homosexual male section.

That blows. Is Redfern as bad as it seems on the news?
depends where you go. My grandmother lives in the shitty area but apparently they are "kicking all the drug dealers out to make way for luxury investments".
Please tell me your dad did/is going to do something about it.
I bloody hope so, or she'll probably lose the bond. The back door literally opens into their house now.
I kinda love how the key shows males, homosexuals and females like homosexuals are some alien gender.

Those FACTS have obviously been collated from different studies or else there should be two lesbian columns, aids and non-aids like the homosexual male section.
I think they are saying that lesbians, men and women can't get aids. Sweet!
I'm very curious to know what is making gay and lesbian people have life spans half as long.

Went to EB and JB to buy some 3DS games. Couldn't find Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem or Monster Hunter 3. MH3 only had download codes for sale. If Nintendo is under stocking these titles so they can force people into their shitty eshop then they suck. Will never buy anything from that eshop while the games remain tied to hardware instead of an account,

Have you checked Big Dub? Dunno what it's like elsewhere, but mine had Fire Emblem and Weegee when I was there last week while JB had neither and EB only had Weegee.

Shaneus

Sounds like someone's feeling left out. Group hug, guys. The special kind.
Is it a coincidence these were posted after one-another? I think not.

and what's a homosexual newspaper anyway? the san francisco chronicle?

That's what I thought. What a weird thing to say.

Maybe they mean "don't be a homosexual because you'll die young," like that Aussie guy last year comparing smokers and homosexuals.
And if only the good die young, does that mean the only good people are gay?

I thought the whole game was one big blooper? Having said that, I own it on PC ($10) but haven't played it yet, so it may well be good.

I got luigis mansion 2 on release from big w in the city. Was the last one out of 20 they got in and weren't getting restocked for 2+ weeks. Nintendo must really hate sales.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Pro tip: If you want Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Animal Crossing. Preorder it now.

Danoss

Went out into the backyard to see if I could grab some macro shots before the sun went down this afternoon. There was nothing but leaf-curling spiders for ages and they're incredibly boring, I saw one scurry out of it's leaf and wander around it's web for a little bit, couldn't get the right angle though and only captured its underbelly (lucky for those in here who don't like them).

Then out of nowhere, a ladybug!

yFcOiN1.jpg

It went for a wander off...

ihpJwZe.jpg

...and then some ant harassed it and it went and hid under a leaf and didn't move. Not the best picture, but I included it for part of the story.

FJnEbEH.jpg

I saw something small fly past me and land on a leaf nearby, I was wondering what it was. On closer inspection it was a mosquito, probably one of the pricks that was biting me around the legs the whole time.

R5NbVAo.jpg

A cool looking fly landed right in front of my face right after I turned away from the mosquito, it had stripes and shit and was pretty big too, unfortunately it took off right as I started to raise the camera to my eye. Immediately after that, some other fly landed and just stayed in the same spot for ages, an ordinary house fly but it'll do. Poser.

N8WDeuF.jpg

With the available light quickly dwindling to nothing and my legs well bitten and incredibly itchy, it was time to head inside.

Dead Man

Stew, ready to eat!

14meE.jpeg

Went out into the backyard to see if I could grab some macro shots before the sun went down this afternoon. There was nothing but leaf-curling spiders for ages and they're incredibly boring, I saw one scurry out of it's leaf and wander around it's web for a little bit, couldn't get the right angle though and only captured its underbelly (lucky for those in here who don't like them).

Then out of nowhere, a ladybug!

yFcOiN1.jpg

It went for a wander off...

ihpJwZe.jpg

...and then some ant harassed it and it went and hid under a leaf and didn't move. Not the best picture, but I included it for part of the story.

FJnEbEH.jpg

I saw something small fly past me and land on a leaf nearby, I was wondering what it was. On closer inspection it was a mosquito, probably one of the pricks that was biting me around the legs the whole time.

R5NbVAo.jpg

A cool looking fly landed right in front of my face right after I turned away from the mosquito, it had stripes and shit and was pretty big too, unfortunately it took off right as I started to raise the camera to my eye. Immediately after that, some other fly landed and just stayed in the same spot for ages, an ordinary house fly but it'll do. Poser.

N8WDeuF.jpg

With the available light quickly dwindling to nothing and my legs well bitten and incredibly itchy, it was time to head inside.
Awesome stuff. I love the eyes on the fly in the last image.
One of my friends worked there. Said it was horrible, even by detention centre standards.

Yeah, just reading the article and seeing the pictures is pretty grim.

Those pictures look incredible! Just proves you don't have to travel far to get great shots :)

The stew picture looks great too! If I hadn't just filled up on Korean my mouth would be watering.

I think I need to move past this thing in my head before I can do it. Just bringing a camera to my eye in a public place is enough to set it off.
You're not alone. A couple of random tips from someone not very prolific or good at street shooting: Go to busy places (festivals). Stand and compose a photo, waiting for someone to enter frame. If 'caught', give a little nod and a smile. It's better to take the photo and apologise than ask first. The worst you'll usually get is curiosity, rarely anger. You're doing this for a uni course. Shoot from the hip (pre-focus, set to around 50mm zoom).

Hey, cinco de mayo this weekend. I will make tacos. But here is something I found for Rep in the meantime.
Oh shit, it is too. Thanks for the reminder!

Deeku

nice bugs, no spiders - good!

also FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU i (provisionally) passed my stupid regulatory exam, by a whisker of whiskers too!

high5 megadrive for passing tests!

also exams are still as terrifying as ever:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom