• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck you. Our only store that does that kind of thing really only has stolen shovelware games and the same 5 TV's getting pawned and bought back every week.

Believe me, mine's like that most of the time too. Well, that and a bunch of (alternatively worthless or scratched up enough that they might as well be) PS2/Xbox games. Sometimes I come away with something okay (say, Monkey Ball Deluxe or Yakuza 2), that picture there was a chance rare find.

Between those and the sexy Xbox (sexbox?) I got from there a few weeks ago, I've probably exhausted my luck for the next year, year and a half.

Shaneus

STILL NO FUCKING P4G WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING AUSTRALIA POST/PLAY-ASIA?!?!?

Sometimes a Whopper is just an excuse to go get some onion rings.

REAL TALK.
You haven't lived until you've had a HJ BBQ cheeseburger with onion rings. As in, *inside*. Ugh, fucking amazing.

Between those and the sexy Xbox (sexbox?) I got from there a few weeks ago, I've probably exhausted my luck for the next year, year and a half.
Not a dev. box, is it? I know that colour was first released as a development kit (I think? Maybe I'm thinking of the green clear one).
Only thing I got that was of any real significance from a Cashies (at least, as far as rarities go) was an almost-new (must've been) copy of JSRF. Bought that before I actually bought the console (later that week? Month? It was when it was first bundled with Halo).

Not a dev. box, is it? I know that colour was first released as a development kit (I think? Maybe I'm thinking of the green clear one).

Nah, she's just a retail special edition. Very nice though, much better than ones I'd stalled on and missed before.

I've gotten some good games from there over the years (we'd occasionally pick up NES games there in the mid-late 90s, was where I got my copy of Mega Man 3, and how I got in to Bionic Commando, which turned out to be one of my favourite games of all time) but much like garage sales, you spend a lot of time looking at nothing before you get anything decent. Popping in to a store's much cheaper/easier than running around town though, so it has that advantage.

Got the philips android dock, bass and volume are pretty darn good for $45.

Extra back usb port for charging another phone/tablet, line-in for non-bluetooth or mp3 players and it's also portable with 4 AA batteries!

Only downside is that the phone doesn't sit properly with a case, so have to dock it naked.

Thanks reptile. Did you manage to pick one up?

We used to call Cash Convertors Cashies for short but then the local one split off and was actually called Cashies while Cash Convertors kept operating so they're kinda the same thing except not really?

lol

My guess was yeah it was either an abbreviation for Cash Converters or a separate but similar place but not both!

Damnnnnnnn now I hate you even more!

STILL NO FUCKING P4G WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING AUSTRALIA POST/PLAY-ASIA?!?!?
Did you email them or what? I noticed that Mighty Ape have a notice up on Checkout saying expect delays from Australia Post.

Got the philips android dock, bass and volume are pretty darn good for $45.

Extra back usb port for charging another phone/tablet, line-in for non-bluetooth or mp3 players and it's also portable with 4 AA batteries!

Only downside is that the phone doesn't sit properly with a case, so have to dock it naked.

Thanks reptile. Did you manage to pick one up?
Yup! Love it, synced up easy. Just need to get an app for it that runs it as a dock so the screen stays on, the Philips app is fucking awful. My Galaxy S2 sits on the dock nicely even with my silicon case. Really nice sound for the price.

No! Deadman is gone!

I just got that Soul Calibur 5 LE from mighty ape in the post today and It feels like I ordered that a while back.
Just under 2 weeks to be precise!

That combined with a tower burger....amazing.
How do I keep missing Omi posts? Only read them when some one quotes them, odd.

Also Tower burgers are the bomb. Always grab a Zinger one when I head to KFC. Glad they have had it back for the last few years.

Songbird app is good.

Ah sweet I'll give that a shot!

Danoss

Went to the doctor today for a referral to Westmead Mental Health. I had a bunch of other questions thrown at me since she was concerned about my state of mind. Anxiety and depression cannot get much worse. Talked about some other shit that I don't really want to post about. I was given some anti-depressants, but since it's an SSRI, I don't think I'm going to take it. Fucking pharmacy asked me if I wanted generic or not, I asked if there was a price difference and since I'm on a pension, there isn't. They gave me the generic anyway. Cunts.

I got the referral but I didn't get home in time to call Westmead, but I probably would have had fun doing that. Look at the page for Westmead Hospital and the phone number for Mental Health is blank. Nice work.

Oh, a friend was with me at the doctors and after. One of her friends was nearby and wanted to go have lunch. By the time I got out of the doctors, he was already there. I was depressed as fuck and just wanted to talk, but with someone I don't know very well, I couldn't. Then they spoke about a bunch of shit that I couldn't join in on. My stomach hurt from hunger, but I had no appetite. I felt like shit as a third wheel for the second time in 3 days, even more depressed than before.

I still can't eat and haven't since last night.

All in all a fucking terrible day. I just want to sleep so I don't have to experience any more of it. Waiting for shopping to be delivered so I can pack it away and then go to bed.

Fusebox

Banned
Thanks reptile! 2 weeks for regular post is a pretty long time, I don't live in Timbuktu or anything.

Hey Danoss, what does SSRI stand for? Would they get me high? Wanna make some cash? :p

Hey btw, I know most of Ausgaf is in Melb but I'm in Syd like I think you are so if you ever want to sit down for a beer and take a load of your mind I'm a good listener and a good drinker.

Danoss

Hey Danoss, what does SSRI stand for? Would they get me high? Wanna make some cash? :p

SSRI stands for selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Essentially, it does nothing at all. In trials versus a placebo, the difference is between small and zero.

I've hooked up my PC to the TV again and Bioshock Infinite had some "unknown read/write" dialogs popup when it attempted to autosave twice, so I've stopped playing. But, in the meantime, I configured ePSXe and am playing my girlfriend's copy of Croc: Legend of the Gobbos! It's so fun, and I completely forgot it had tank controls. I really want to play Overboard! again but the only person I know with a copy probably won't give it to me. :(

Psygnosis were so good. :(

Personal attacks are banable Death. Although they both got banned as it seems like their back and forth went over 2 threads. I wouldn't expect it was for more than a week.

Went to the doctor today for a referral to Westmead Mental Health. I had a bunch of other questions thrown at me since she was concerned about my state of mind. Anxiety and depression cannot get much worse. Talked about some other shit that I don't really want to post about. I was given some anti-depressants, but since it's an SSRI, I don't think I'm going to take it. Fucking pharmacy asked me if I wanted generic or not, I asked if there was a price difference and since I'm on a pension, there isn't. They gave me the generic anyway. Cunts.

I got the referral but I didn't get home in time to call Westmead, but I probably would have had fun doing that. Look at the page for Westmead Hospital and the phone number for Mental Health is blank. Nice work.

All in all a fucking terrible day. I just want to sleep so I don't have to experience any more of it. Waiting for shopping to be delivered so I can pack it away and then go to bed.

At the very least it is a step forward, tonight you go to sleep with a referral that you didn't have this morning at least.

Nice to see Kennett on The Project tonight talking about Beyond Blue focusing on anxiety rather than depression for the next few years. Anything to raise awareness and educate the public that it isn't a weakness is a great help.

Darksiders 2 on WiiU is ten pounds, which is cheaper than any other platform, at Zavvi lol

So yeah, $17. Gives you a chance to dust off the WiiU which has had one game in 2 months released for it in the US. And it was a fighting game.

Fusebox

Banned
SSRI stands for selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Essentially, it does nothing at all. In trials versus a placebo, the difference is between small and zero.

Booo!

My offer still stands though, if you ever want beers and a chat I'm there. Sometimes it's easier to tell a stranger things, you don't need your friends knowing that you keep getting irresistible urges to take a dump on your neighbours cat for example.

Shaneus

lol

My guess was yeah it was either an abbreviation for Cash Converters or a separate but similar place but not both!
Yup. I just used it as an abbreviation... thought it was obvious :/

Did you email them or what? I noticed that Mighty Ape have a notice up on Checkout saying expect delays from Australia Post.
Oh yeah:
Dear Shane,

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

We are sorry to hear about the delay. As your package was shipped through
economy airmail it is expected to arrive within 2-3 weeks. However, from
our past experiences delivery usually takes 4-6 weeks to arrive due to
shipping delays. We kindly ask for your patience in the meantime.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Sheena
Play-Asia.com
:/

Nothing on ADHD? :/

I just got that Soul Calibur 5 LE from mighty ape in the post today and It feels like I ordered that a while back.
I got mine... Friday? Haven't played the game itself, but damn if this isn't the first LE that I've been genuinely impressed with.

Danoss

My offer still stands though, if you ever want beers and a chat I'm there. Sometimes it's easier to tell a stranger things, you don't need your friends knowing that you keep getting irresistible urges to take a dump on your neighbours cat for example.

I missed that earlier man, thanks.

Nothing on ADHD? :/

Nah, they don't do a thing for it. That was the least of the doctors worries today.

After bringing the shopping in, an appetite appeared briefly. I made a sandwich and ate it and now I feel sick.

Fusebox

Banned
I got mine... Friday? Haven't played the game itself, but damn if this isn't the first LE that I've been genuinely impressed with.

Yeah it's a sweet LE that's for sure. I've only had a few fights in story mode which was a bit unsatisfying because I didn't get to pick any of my fave characters to play with yet. We should have a fight online!

Shaneus

I thought it was powdered chicken. :(
Put a whole chicken in a microwave for about... um... three hours, BOOM, chicken salt.

Nah, they don't do a thing for it. That was the least of the doctors worries today.
Ah, bugger :/ I'm still hopeful that treating it will have a flow-on effect to everything else, but perhaps not. Don't want them pruning the weeds when they could effectively kill them forever with a good dose of Zero.

Jintor

I'm spending way too much god damn time trawling the VGCW archives

I better at least write something about this after uni wraps for the semester...

Danoss

Ah, bugger :/ I'm still hopeful that treating it will have a flow-on effect to everything else, but perhaps not. Don't want them pruning the weeds when they could effectively kill them forever with a good dose of Zero.

I'll see what happens when I speak to Westmead tomorrow. I'm told they take people based on priority and considering how bad it's been, especially the last few days, I hope they'll see me soon. If the wait's too long, I don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom