• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

How the hell do you guys remember the 90's! I thought you were a youngen like me Jambo :(

I barely remember the 00's :/

I was born in 87 so I can remember the mid to late 90s. We often got HJs, MD or KFC after footy, especially if we won a voucher award.

Sorry for the wait. They will not be on your Wii afterwards. Some people are going to the trouble of homebrewing their Wiis and performing a backup before the Wii U transfer so they can then restore their Wii and have the games on both systems. This is very easy to do and works great (from what I hear), although the question about whether it is piracy or not is currently open for debate...

Yeah that sounds like a lot of trouble when Ninty, MS and Sony could just make it easy for everyone with universal, cross-generational account systems.

Doesn't really matter anyway, I probably won't bother with next-gen systems until a year or two after release.

Sea salt soaks will help your ear heal and the chamomile soaks/compresses often helps the bubble go away. Your piercing will also feel a lot better following a soak, you'll love it I'm sure. It'll take a while to work as the blood flow to cartilage is very low, so give it plenty of time.

What spray did they give you? It sounds bad already, could you type out the contents (or photograph it) when you get the chance?
I'll take a picture when I get home.

Pretty sure there was a general change from animal based oil to vegetable oil at some point, but I don't think that explains KFCs poor showing. Even the bog standard Maccas fries does a lot better than KFC, and they use vege oil too.
Ick. Maccas fries are the worst. I've never been a fan of Maccas in general though.

I was born in 87 so I can remember the mid to late 90s. We often got HJs, MD or KFC after footy, especially if we won a voucher award.
Heck I was born in 92 and I remember stuff from back then.

Fredescu

Ick. Maccas fries are the worst.

Far from the worst, I'd say they're above average even. Very consistent from store to store too. They're unmistakably "McDonald's" though, so if you've got a thing against them, I can see why you wouldn't like them. The Portuguese chicken place near here does much better thin cut fries, but I can't buy them in my pyjamas without getting out of the car.

Their french fries have improved the last few years, sometimes they are great. Too much salt can ruin them or if they are cooked too quickly. The maccas here is really fucking inconsistent, every second trip they will forget something.

jambo

It's annoying having to wait, but if you go at a really busy time you'll often get piping hot, fresh fires from Mickey D's.

sogood.gif

Fusebox

Banned
I like Maccas chips. Maccas chip boxes are open at the top so they stay crispier longer. KFC chip boxes are closed at the top and quickly congeal into a steaming hot mess of potato.

Pretty much every fast food joint can taste good, or bad, depending on the individuals behind the counter.

I worked for Subway for a few years, so now everytime I order a sub I watch over them like a hawk and they almost always manage to fuck something up.

Fredescu

Oporto have the best nuggets anywhere, by a mile. Actual chicken breast and some nice kind of lemony flavour thing going on.

I know what you're thinking. Chicken nuggets are machine separated meat for children. Oporto shows this need not be so!

Shaneus

I might do the same with my girlfriend, but use cheezles or burger rings instead.
Burger Rings don't get anywhere near as much love as they deserve, IMO. One of the few things I genuinely crave from time to time.

Oporto have the best nuggets anywhere, by a mile. Actual chicken breast and some nice kind of lemony flavour thing going on.

I know what you're thinking. Chicken nuggets are machine separated meat for children. Oporto shows this need not be so!
Never had them before. Haven't had lunch yet, giving them a crack now. Excited!

Shaneus

Are those nuggets the "bites" they have on their site? I can't find nuggets mentioned anywhere :/

Burger Rings and Tasty Toobs are the bomb!
Toobs are rad as well. Only tried them for the first time when they made a comeback a few years ago.

You're endearing yourself to me more and more as the day goes on, young jambo. It's a bit like a modern My Fair Lady, played out right here in AusGAF.

The best thing abut KFC chips is that they taste like KFC BBQ sauce.

I like KFC BBQ sauce.

Does anyone know where you can get "fast food sweet and sour sauce" at the supermarket? I tried buying it from coles but it was the Asian style dipping sauce and not the one I wanted :(

Far from the worst, I'd say they're above average even. Very consistent from store to store too. They're unmistakably "McDonald's" though, so if you've got a thing against them, I can see why you wouldn't like them. The Portuguese chicken place near here does much better thin cut fries, but I can't buy them in my pyjamas without getting out of the car.

Yeah, just not a fan of the taste. But thin cut fries don't usually do much for me anyway. I just put them in the burger, which tastes pretty good actually.

Pretty much every fast food joint can taste good, or bad, depending on the individuals behind the counter.

I worked for Subway for a few years, so now everytime I order a sub I watch over them like a hawk and they almost always manage to fuck something up.

haha. I do the same thing whenever I get any kind of food out.

Fredescu

probably because you didnt know any better. :)

PROBABLY BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T BORN YET AMIRITE!

or

It's a valid line of enquiry, I definitely have a far broader chip palette in my old age. Even then though I was intimately aware of several broad families of chip: frozen chips cooked in the oven because we were far too boring to have a deep fryer, chips from a random fish n chip shop, McDonald's fries, KFC chips. At the time, KFC chips were definitely better than all of those. These days I would take all of those over KFCs current efforts, as long as the oven chips are those sweet potato super fries.

Also, if it were that I had a more advanced palette, would I really be telling you that McDonald's make something better than someone else? Is your argument that McDonald's were superior all along and I'm only just now figuring that out?

Kirby102

Sorry, but Red Lea chips > *. Chicken salt + Sweet paprika, oh man. Good stuff.

3mitZWp.jpg

Chicken salt is shit so this is obviously wrong.
QXg6o.gif

BJkTF93CUAARRNJ.jpg

Cashies is pretty rad sometimes.
Fuck you. Our only store that does that kind of thing really only has stolen shovelware games and the same 5 TV's getting pawned and bought back every week.

Cashies was a great source of cheap N64 games when I worked there in '99. I think half of my n64 collection where ex-loans.

Where the funk & wagnell do I get them from now!?! Absurb that it is if all the Gamecube/PSOne/SNES/N64/Sega stuff all got thrown in the tip and you can only get it on eBay.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom