• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the perfect console for gamers that want to cut back their spending. Hardly anything comes out for it and when something does, it's a port of a 3 year old game that you already played on another console.

If I were to buy a Wii U right now, I'd probably only get Lego City Undercover. There's nothing on the horizon for the next few months, either. All that equals money in my bank, baby!

Sounds like a hypertrophic scar/bubble and it's pretty normal for cartilage piercings. There are a number of things you can do to treat it and whatever works best is unique to everyone's body. Try these and see what works best for you.
  • Sea salt soaks twice daily, morning and night. Sea salt is a must, table salt may be iodised so stay away. Mix 1/4 teaspoon salt with a cup of boiled water and allow it to cool enough so it doesn't scald you before soaking your piercing in it. If you're not sure on the concentration, it should taste like tears, not brine. This is great for all piercings in general, it softens and clears away the 'crusties' which may contain a combination of lymph fluid and blood. The heat attracts more blood to the area, promoting healing. Soak for 5 mins. Gently pat dry if necessary with a paper towel (cloth may harbour bacteria) and allow air to dry the rest.

• Chamomile. Buy some pure chamomile tea bags and add one to the above sea salt mixture allowing it to brew for 3-5 mins. Chamomile is a natural anti-inflammatory, so this is especially great for hypertrophic scarring. Soak your piercing in this mixture for 5 mins, as above.

• If you are unable to submerge your ear in the solutions above, that's okay. Use some paper towels soaked in the mixture as a compress, pressing firmly against the area. Re-dip them occasionally to keep it hot/warm and wet. 5 mins, as above once again.

• Nothing, leave it alone. Some people find that the above treatments just aggravate the piercing and instead allow the body to do its own thing instead. There is nothing wrong with this approach at all, just avoid touching the piercing or bumping it so as not to aggravate the area. Good advice to adhere to when not soaking them anyway.
thanks Dan. I've just been using the spray they gave me but a soak sounds like it would help so much more. I think I've got all that at home too! Will this just help my ear heal or will it get rid of the bubble altogether?
Well half the train sounds like they are coughing up a lung.

I love flu season.
There are two older ladies behind me on the bus complaining about how cold it is this morning. One of them guessed it was about four degrees. Oh Queenslanders, you're so cute. I HATE being cold, but even I can tell the difference between four and eighteen.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm back to thinking I want to buy a Wii U.

Because it now has piracy? Good time to get in.

amrite!

I can't see why anyone would honestly want one, even with the piracy. There's not even anything to pirate on the system.

I would wait it out until early next year. The system will get a nice price drop due to the incoming next gen consoles and you will have your typical Nintendo games by then, so you will have something to play on it.

It's dead weight right now, a waste of money. It's the console version of the vita.

There are two older ladies behind me on the bus complaining about how cold it is this morning. One of them guessed it was about four degrees. Oh Queenslanders, you're so cute. I HATE being cold, but even I can tell the difference between four and eighteen.

Haha yeah. Half my work place is in full winter gear. It's not even cold ffs.

Any MelGAF interested in a meet sometime next weekend? Possibly during the day of the 18th (Sat), or maybe the 17th (Fri) night? Probably the last time I'll be able to come to a meet until probably September.

Depending on which weather station I believe, it was either 2c or 3c when I went for my run this morning. Except for my hands, I didn't notice it after a few minutes, which was nice. The walk from the car into the office an hour and a half later was freezing, though!

Also, got a PB on 5km this morning, almost 29m flat. Woo.

Some Malaysian people I know on Facebook have set their picture to black, some kind of protest happening?
Depending on which weather station I believe, it was either 2c or 3c when I went for my run this morning. Except for my hands, I didn't notice it after a few minutes, which was nice. The walk from the car into the office an hour and a half later was freezing, though!

Also, got a PB on 5km this morning, almost 29m flat. Woo.
it's still getting up to 25+ during the day here. If Melbourne was just a taaaad warmer, like Sydney warm, it would be perfect. 2 degrees in may is kind of awful.
Haha yeah. Half my work place is in full winter gear. It's not even cold ffs.
I would feel a lot better about it if everyone wasn't so retarded about heating. I take a jumper because I know it's going to be air conditioned on the bus and in classrooms even into July.

Fredescu

Goddamnit, I'm in the three year NBN zone, AKA fantasy land. Why do you have to be so shit at getting yourselves re-elected Labor?

Omikron

Brilliant! Someone call that popular hardhitting political interviewer on a commercial channel.

Oh, wait.

:(

Insiders were poking fun at the coalitions parental leave scheme on the weekend...well, all except one person.

Any MelGAF interested in a meet sometime next weekend? Possibly during the day of the 18th (Sat), or maybe the 17th (Fri) night? Probably the last time I'll be able to come to a meet until probably September.

Yes! And either / or works for me at this stage.

Danoss

thanks Dan. I've just been using the spray they gave me but a soak sounds like it would help so much more. I think I've got all that at home too! Will this just help my ear heal or will it get rid of the bubble altogether?

Sea salt soaks will help your ear heal and the chamomile soaks/compresses often helps the bubble go away. Your piercing will also feel a lot better following a soak, you'll love it I'm sure. It'll take a while to work as the blood flow to cartilage is very low, so give it plenty of time.

What spray did they give you? It sounds bad already, could you type out the contents (or photograph it) when you get the chance?

jambo

Does Super Mario World count? Rebuy all your old games! Don't use those awesome emulators on PC and tablets/phones!

I really hate the way Ninty does downloadable stuff.

When I first moved out I bought a tonne of stuff for my housemate's Wii and then when we all moved to new places and I eventually got a new one I had to start again.

Then if I get a Wii U it will be all over again.

Clipper

I really hate the way Ninty does downloadable stuff.

When I first moved out I bought a tonne of stuff for my housemate's Wii and then when we all moved to new places and I eventually got a new one I had to start again.

Then if I get a Wii U it will be all over again.

You can transfer everything from the Wii to the Wii U, though. It's not starting again.

Stackboy

So I was in EB Games yesterday buying Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition yesterday. Pretty excited about the whole thing, as I really like the Mortal Kombat series and it's the first game I was purchasing with the R18+ sticker on it.
I already imported MK when it came out 2 years ago.

There's an elderly woman in front of me, purchasing Assassins Creed 3 on the WiiU for her roughly 7 year old grandson.

This is the problem. There's an entire generation (or 2) out there that still seems to think all games are for kids.

That aside, I finished the campaign for Injustice: Gods Amongst Us this weekend. Far better than it deserved to be. Getting really stuck into Tomb Raider as well.

So I was in EB Games yesterday buying Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition yesterday. Pretty excited about the whole thing, as I really like the Mortal Kombat series and it's the first game I was purchasing with the R18+ sticker on it.
I already imported MK when it came out 2 years ago.

There's an elderly woman in front of me, purchasing Assassins Creed 3 on the WiiU for her roughly 7 year old grandson.

This is the problem. There's an entire generation (or 2) out there that still seems to think all games are for kids.
I'd say there's a significant portion of Gen y who thinks so too. I'd like to think people my age will one day make good, knowledgeable parents, but then I remember some people my age already are, and some of them are not buying age appropriate media for their kids. People I went to high school with have school aged kids now! :s Hopefully there will be an overall shift though.

Fredescu

Also, 1990's KFC chips >>>>> 2000's KFC chips

I don't want to let this go by unacknowledged, but this is so true. I remember when I used to think KFC chips were the best. Now they are easily the worst. Or, to put it another way:

90s KFC chips > *

* > 2000s KFC chips

jambo

Every now and then I manage to get some nice KFC chips, but on the whole they're a lot worse than their 90s counterparts.

senahorse

Goddamnit, I'm in the three year NBN zone, AKA fantasy land. Why do you have to be so shit at getting yourselves re-elected Labor?

It's a damn shame, one of the only good policies from Labor and it's going to get essentially destroyed come September. We will then get the NBN we deserve.

What a waste of money. What are the libs planning on doing with the stuff already installed?:
I think there was a point where Red Rooster's were even better (or perhaps it was just that one restaurant for a small brief window in time). Now they're not even fit to line a kitty litter tray.
Red rooster is just awful in general. The staff are really poorly trained, so I never had to clean anything, and theres always a disgusting pool of fat around the chickens. I'm pretty sure the chips are the same though. If you want actually good chips ask for fresh ones with extra salt.

Rezbit

Yeah what happened to fast food chips? Did they change the oil or something? I remember just about all the franchises being better when I was a kid.

Jintor

whoa the malaysian index trading volume is up 2000 times daily volume on moving avg due to election:eek: quite positive

lol

stability is good for the economy, who knew :p

seriously though my cousins are telling me about the government cutting power in some areas and fiddling with the vote counts in others. Ah, malaysia, endemic corruption at its finest

You can transfer everything from the Wii to the Wii U, though. It's not starting again.
Also Jambo you can pay $1.50 per title to get them compliant with the WiiU rather than having to boot a Wii emulation channel to play them like you used to on the Wii. Then you can play them on the toilet!

Parents going to parent. Or not, as it would be.

Fucking parents. Know what you are giving your kids to consume for fucks sake.

I don't want to let this go by unacknowledged, but this is so true. I remember when I used to think KFC chips were the best. Now they are easily the worst. Or, to put it another way:

90s KFC chips > *

* > 2000s KFC chips
Sure thing grandma.

Every now and then I manage to get some nice KFC chips, but on the whole they're a lot worse than their 90s counterparts.
How the hell do you guys remember the 90's! I thought you were a youngen like me Jambo :(

I barely remember the 00's :/

On topic our local KFC always has tasty chips, nice and big while still being cooked through but not too tough on the exterior and covered in chicken salt.

Red rooster is just awful in general. The staff are really poorly trained, so I never had to clean anything, and theres always a disgusting pool of fat around the chickens. I'm pretty sure the chips are the same though. If you want actually good chips ask for fresh ones with extra salt.
Service is impressively terrible. The 3 stores I have visited have all seemed like a funeral. People shuffling around aimlessly, slowly bringing food to the counter without a word. Even drive thru we waited at the window for a good 15 minutes for them to cook everything up.

Chips were decent though, this was a while ago mind.

Souvlaki Hut in Geelong had great chips when they first opened. Schnitz in Melbourne has amazing chips.

senahorse

What a waste of money. What are the libs planning on doing with the stuff already installed?:

Guess it depends on the store, the KFC near where I live, is extremely slow (half hour wait times in the drive through not uncommon, routinely getting orders wrong, rude staff and then the food is either cold or half cooked)...we don't go there anymore. Conversely the Red Rooster is very quick, food tastes fresh, chips are great and the staff are friendly.

Fredescu

Yeah what happened to fast food chips? Did they change the oil or something? I remember just about all the franchises being better when I was a kid.

Pretty sure there was a general change from animal based oil to vegetable oil at some point, but I don't think that explains KFCs poor showing. Even the bog standard Maccas fries does a lot better than KFC, and they use vege oil too.

Clipper

Will the VC games be on my Wii still?

Sorry for the wait. They will not be on your Wii afterwards. Some people are going to the trouble of homebrewing their Wiis and performing a backup before the Wii U transfer so they can then restore their Wii and have the games on both systems. This is very easy to do and works great (from what I hear), although the question about whether it is piracy or not is currently open for debate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom