• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
As someone who finished dishonored today, I have to say seeing it up at #1 on edges list is a good thing. Certainly one of the most enjoyable games of the year and better with a sweetfx config.

I might have to try and finish hitman next. Dunno if that's possible, so far it's been so so.

Shaneus

Take a card out.

You're welcome.
Which one, my 5970 or... um...

As someone who finished dishonored today, I have to say seeing it up at #1 on edges list is a good thing. Certainly one of the most enjoyable games of the year and better with a sweetfx config.

I might have to try and finish hitman next. Dunno if that's possible, so far it's been so so.
SweetFX settings are made to be shared ;) (but probably not in this thread)

Omikron

I'm currently looking to buy some blank playing cards -- ie; poker cards that are blank on one side so I can write stuff on them.

I can get them online, but are there any places in Brisbane that I could go buy them today? Any ideas?

No idea, as far as online, presume you are looking at a place like this? https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts

Eidt: just had a thought for local, check out local printers. They can probably sort you out for card cut to the right size.

Rlan

I actually made up some cards for this thing using businedd card paper, but the stuff just doesn't shuffle well or slide off. You need that slightly slippery poker card type thing :)

Eh, I'll order it online. I tried going to a place called "Mind Games" in Brisbane, but they don't have any in stock.

Eh, I'll order it online. I tried going to a place called "Mind Games" in Brisbane, but they don't have any in stock.

I tried Mind Games for a few things in the past. They never seem to have stock of anything but when they do it is 3x the price of buying online.

I don't know how they continue to exist.

I actually made up some cards for this thing using businedd card paper, but the stuff just doesn't shuffle well or slide off. You need that slightly slippery poker card type thing :)

what are you making

and why didnt anyone already ask this

Oh my fucking god I love my Vita so much
Sonic Racing is fucking hard though, the AI is just hard
IT"S SUCH A HARD GAME
IS THIS MARIO KART OR F-ZERO?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dishonored was amazing. Did you play chaotic or stealth?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Dishonored was amazing. Did you play chaotic or stealth?

Chaotic. But I got 2 endings so eh?

The 2 i got seemed to be based on the very final moment of the game. I assume if you play through the game on stealth then those 2 endings are different again.

Chaotic. But I got 2 endings so eh?

The 2 i got seemed to be based on the very final moment of the game. I assume if you play through the game on stealth then those 2 endings are different again.

For me Dishonored was the new IP surprise of the year. Sleeping Dogs didn't really click for me.
Dishonored was also the buggiest game I have played since New Vegas. I couldn't do an entire set of missions without it locking up. I eventually went to an earlier save and skipped those missions to continue. I played High Chaos and got a good
crackdown-esque, gasp, nasty twist
. And it locked up halfway and I had to watch the cutscene on you tube.

GOTY for me is Borderlands 2, BTW.

Kritz

Banned
Somehow even though I failed and need to take a sup for an exam, it didn't help me studying any earlier than the day before the exam.

:(

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Played two hours of Torchlight 2 with a friend just now. Really impressed - good music, nice and well-balanced difficulty, lots of loot, enemies and so on. Basically everything I expect from a Diablo game.

Looking forward to playing more!

Shaneus

I know most of you don't venture into the PC screencaps thread, but this is worth posting here:
Is there any good graphics mods for Mafia 2? Game looks pretty bad.
idjlGApRjmLhb.png

iVfkHtxV8UB0T.png

Just finished buying/putting the Xmas tree up, haven't bothered in years. Thought I'd change it up this year. I'm feeling more festive already.

Kritz

Banned
Just finished buying/putting the Xmas tree up, haven't bothered in years. Thought I'd change it up this year. I'm feeling more festive already.

We just put up our XMAS tree.

And by that I mean we took the box the tree is in and propped it against the wall.

If any of you guys would like a good quality seven foot fake tree you're welcome to it. Obviously you'll have to pick it up. We down sized to a three foot one as we can't be bothered putting it up any more.

Yagharek

Finished uncharted golden abyss.

Pretty good, but I wouldnt buy it. Still has all the same hallmark problems of the series (QTEs, linear platforming, bad escape sequence jumps) but certainly not as bad as in uc3. Thankfully Bend dialled down the near miss platforming a lot.

Highlights:
* Stealth areas
* Combat/shootouts
* Visuals really good

Things that need urgent attention:
* Platforming/exploring
* Finding a way to have a meaningful boss encounter. Maybe take a leaf out of MGS3's book.

Other than that, good game and worth a rent.

Deeku

Aiming with the fiddly little vita nubs annoyed the crap out of me, so I stopped playing after like 30 mins lol. Might give it another go during the holiday break.

Gazunta

Has anyone else noticed a severely reduced amount of junk mail in their letter boxes this Christmas? It's like retail is dying or something no that can't be right

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I went and created a psn account tonight and when I went to put in my username Lucian_Cat was already taken. I find this slightly weird.

So my username is Lucian_Cat333 if anyone cares. I mostly just play Blops2 with the bf though.

Yagharek

Aiming with the fiddly little vita nubs annoyed the crap out of me, so I stopped playing after like 30 mins lol. Might give it another go during the holiday break.

I found the targeting/nub accuracy to be quite reliable after 2 minutes. I hit the mark more often than not, unlike markot's jokes.

Grandpa is correct

:(

Will still probably buy but it will mean she will have to be on the PC rather than out in the lounge, which sucks for the both of us.

Don't see why they can't offer an offline legacy mode. She doesn't give a fuck about the social aspect, she is addicted enough to Facebook games as it is.

markot

Banned
Weve known about always online bs with sim city for aaaaaages. Definately skipping.

And cmon, krome died years ago, also, its not like it was his son >_<

Everything I heard about the start of Uncharted: Golden Showers is correct.

Walk 5 paces.
[Cutscene]
Rub something.
[Cutscene]
Climb up rope.
[Cutscene]
Rub another thing.
[Cutscene]
Murder some people.
[Cutscene]
Rotate object.
[Cutscene]
RUB IT!!
[Cutscene]
RRRRRUUUUUUUUUBBBBBB IT!!!
[Cutscene]
etc.
[Cutscene]

I can't wait until it gets the "learn some platform specific mechanics" section [Cutscene] out of it's system and I can [Cutscene] start playing without [Cutscene] interruption.

RRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBB IT MAN!

Replace the platforming with more cutscenes :/

Like, Tony Scott understudy level cutscenes.

EDIT: Actually, make that Tony Scott's understudy interpreting Tony Scott's dog's idea of cutscenes.

I spent all weekend moving house, only for my computer to shit itself and need formatting upon arrival, and TPG to tell me I can't get adsl at my new place. I do have a pool and a sweet deck though.

I don't know what I just watched but I want it.

I'm in a strange mood tonight. I think I need to get off of GAF before I get myself into trouble... if I haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom