• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what I just watched but I want it.

It was a minigame compilation that came out around the launch of the DS (I think it was a launch title pretty much everywhere but here, where we had to wait a little while given that our launch was a couple weeks before Europe). Pretty fun, interesting aesthetic and soundtrack, more or less the standout of the launch lineup amongst a Mario 64 remake, a Metroid Prime Shooty PewPew demo that was pretty novel and not much else.

Then Yoshi's Touch & Go came out a couple months later and was an awesome score attack game but nobody liked it because it wasn't Yoshi's Island 2, which did come a couple years later but was an outsourced disappointment. That is, the game was outsourced, not the disappointment. That was all internal.

Shaneus

Everything I heard about the start of Uncharted: Golden Showers is correct.
Fuck, seriously? So it's basically like Project Rub for the DS? It sounds like it would've gotten a better reception if they just made it an endless runner.
FWIW I'd *kill* for an iOS (or even Vita) port of Project Rub. I absolutely loved it's aesthetic and wacky theme. Dat (long lost) Sega :(

PS. This Graceland doco is fucking awesome. I need to make a point of listening to that album the whole way though... never done that before.

wonzo

Banned
Everything I heard about the start of Uncharted: Golden Showers is correct.

Walk 5 paces.
[Cutscene]
Rub something.
[Cutscene]
Climb up rope.
[Cutscene]
Rub another thing.
[Cutscene]
Murder some people.
[Cutscene]
Rotate object.
[Cutscene]
RUB IT!!
[Cutscene]
RRRRRUUUUUUUUUBBBBBB IT!!!
[Cutscene]
etc.
[Cutscene]

I can't wait until it gets the "learn some platform specific mechanics" section [Cutscene] out of it's system and I can [Cutscene] start playing without [Cutscene] interruption.

RRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBB IT MAN!
don't worry, it gets even worse!

Fuck, seriously? So it's basically like Project Rub for the DS? It sounds like it would've gotten a better reception if they just made it an endless runner.

tumblr_lqg6idSt7J1qzzd6io1_500.png

Dead Man

Watching some documentary on Paul Simon's Graceland and it's 25th anniversary. Great, light adult-contempo music. Quite lovely.

New SimCity confirmed always-online in their Reddit AMA a day or so ago.
Well that sucks about the always online, -1 sale from me. And you are seriously underselling Graceland to call it 'light adult-contempo'. It is amazing folk music with pop music production.
I went and created a psn account tonight and when I went to put in my username Lucian_Cat was already taken. I find this slightly weird.

So my username is Lucian_Cat333 if anyone cares. I mostly just play Blops2 with the bf though.
I had to resort to insect names for my US account on PSN, I'll chuck you an invite when I fire up the PS again, PSN id is in my profile.
TvgMf.jpg

Malcolm Turnbull is the former leader of the Australian Liberal (conservative) party.
So why isn't Turnbull still the leader of the Libs? So much better than fucking Abbott.

FUCK YEAH KENNY THATS WHAT YOU GET
oh shut up the rest of you
i dont actually know if it changes who dies based on who you pick
i said ... and the wife went

Clipper

Banana: I would strongly suggest you mark that spoiler with the name of the game involved. I do know which one you refer to, but others that haven't played it yet might be pissed by something like that.

Given that I don't want to spoil those that have read your spoiler but are lucky enough to not know what you're spoiling, the game is... WARNING: If you already read Banana's spoiler, and you don't know which game he's talking about, don't read this one:
The Walking Dead

Shaneus

Ahhhh fuck. I shouldn't have mouse-overed on Clipper's post (given I had no idea who it was). Your post makes no sense... you want to protect people from knowing what it was, but how will they know unless they mouse over YOUR spoiler?

Fuck fuck, fucking fuck.

And you are seriously underselling Graceland to call it 'light adult-contempo'. It is amazing folk music with pop music production.
Yeah, it was somewhat of a deliberate understatement... I just love the term "adult contemporary" because it reminds me of the direction that radio station in Airheads was about to take ("Listen to the mellow sounds of the RAIN") and provides the younger posters in here with an even greater impression of the distance of the age gap between myself and them ;)

Clipper

Ahhhh fuck. I shouldn't have mouse-overed on Clipper's post (given I had no idea who it was). Your post makes no sense... you want to protect people from knowing what it was, but how will they know unless they mouse over YOUR spoiler.
Uh, the idea is that if you don't know the game in question that you wouldn't mouse over the spoiler. Reading my spoiler should be something you do only if you didn't read Banana's first! I'm sorry that wasn't more clear...

markot

Banned
You guys sure love to fellate Turnbull. He wasnt that great as opposition leader, thusly why do we think he will magically improve next time?

Fredescu

You guys sure love to fellate Turnbull. He wasnt that great as opposition leader, thusly why do we think he will magically improve next time?
The guy is nothing like the Liberal party (socially), so people that don't like the Liberal party (socially) like Turnbull. Unfortunately the leader of a party necessarily has to represent the party's views, so he would never get his way (socially) as an actual leader and the result probably wouldn't be much different to Abbott or Howard or whatever.

Banana: I would strongly suggest you mark that spoiler with the name of the game involved. I do know which one you refer to, but others that haven't played it yet might be pissed by something like that.

Given that I don't want to spoil those that have read your spoiler but are lucky enough to not know what you're spoiling, the game is... WARNING: If you already read Banana's spoiler, and you don't know which game he's talking about, don't read this one:
The Walking Dead

Ahhhh fuck. I shouldn't have mouse-overed on Clipper's post (given I had no idea who it was). Your post makes no sense... you want to protect people from knowing what it was, but how will they know unless they mouse over YOUR spoiler?

Fuck fuck, fucking fuck.

Yeah, it was somewhat of a deliberate understatement... I just love the term "adult contemporary" because it reminds me of the direction that radio station in Airheads was about to take ("Listen to the mellow sounds of the RAIN") and provides the younger posters in here with an even greater impression of the distance of the age gap between myself and them ;)
YEP well thats done exactly what i wanted it to
Uh, the idea is that if you don't know the game in question that you wouldn't mouse over the spoiler. Reading my spoiler should be something you do only if you didn't read Banana's first! I'm sorry that wasn't more clear...

it was clear that was the idea
but how could people not click on yours to see if they were right
or how could they not find out if they didnt
of course people want to know the thing they dont know even if everyone knows they dont really want to know

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
arnie go read the FAQ on how to use the spoiler tag.

you're meant to state exactly what the spoiler is for, ie the game.

arnie go read the FAQ on how to use the spoiler tag.

you're meant to state exactly what the spoiler is for, ie the game.

pretty sure iv used it exactly how i wanted to
1 its spoiler tagged so you cant yell at me for spoilers
and
2 people clicked on it anyway and got spoilered
ergo
not my fault

Fredescu

not my fault
It is your fault since you didn't label your spoilers. People use the spoiler tags for all sorts of frivolous shit and a post that is entirely spoiler tagged people are going to assume is just some stupid joke. Why post at all if you're going to spoiler tag your entire post?

Fredescu

True story, I put Arnie on ignore in Steam Chat while he's playing the Walking Dead because he just can't help himself. Incorrectly using spoiler tags is actually an improvement.

So what game are the spoilers for??
Southpark.
Dont read clippers post

Ok guys ill stop you can un ignor me
That will be the last of my bs for the year
Ima play the last few eps maybe today then I think we should have a spoiler cast where everyone tells me why im ment to like this game and how it got a goty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom