• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo conducted a complete NES recall in Japan after launch due to a problem with it reading some carts.

Sony lied about the apocalyps3 for a week then came clean slowly but only because 70 million CC accounts were potentially compromised.

Microsoft have never admitted a fuckup.

Did Bill Gates sleep with your mum or something dude? Seriously.

senahorse

Nintendo conducted a complete NES recall in Japan after launch due to a problem with it reading some carts.

Sony lied about the apocalyps3 for a week then came clean slowly but only because 70 million CC accounts were potentially compromised.

Microsoft have never admitted a fuckup.

I was answering the point about about wanting the most revenue possible. Like Sony charging people for online passes and Nintendo essentially making you rebuy all your games (digital purchases) should your wii/u get stolen. A company is there to make company, all three of them have shitty policies that are anti-consumer in some shape or form. Not excusing MS for their shitty policies but it certainly isn't an exclusive trait. Hell even my favourite video-game company Valve have shitty policies, see charge-back woes people have had.

Yagharek

They didnt admit there was a systemic flaw with the system - it wasn't rectified until the slim revision, remember. It took over 12 months of persistent reports from customers and the media about the problem for them to do the 3 year repair.

That's not admitting guilt; it's like a criminal basically saying "OK, you caught me" after the sentence is handed down by the judge. It's too late.

I was answering the point about about wanting the most revenue possible. Like Sony charging people for online passes and Nintendo essentially making you rebuy all your games (digital purchases) should your wii/u get stolen. A company is there to make company, all three of them have shitty policies that are anti-consumer in some shape or form. Not excusing MS for their shitty policies but it certainly isn't an exclusive trait. Hell even my favourite video-game company Valve have shitty policies, see charge-back woes people have had.

I know they all have shitty policies, but if your wii gets stolen you can get the content or points back if you know what CC you paid with and/or the serial number of the console. Ive heard stories of people also getting them back with a police report, but I might be wrong. I know an account system is preferable (but prone to problems a la fifa and psn hacks and valve chargebacks). But xbox accounts and systems being remote bricked is a step several too far imo.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Watson.

-Lucy-Liu-as-Watson-010.jpg

220px-Martin_Freeman_during_filming_of_Sherlock_cropped.jpg

$27 is the correct price right now, I SWEAR it was $23 this morning :/
NO! That is not good enough, mister. You WILL honour your previously advertised price and Paypal me the $4 difference. You have 30mins to do so.

If you do not, I will not shop with you ever again and will tell all my friends and family to do so, as well.

I will also call the ACCC / 60minutes / A Current Affair / Today Tonight / The Investigators and have you exposed!!

Also, on a more positive note: Congrats, Sutton. All the best to you both :D

senahorse

BONUS, word in that Friday is a leave early day, nice little 4 hour shift then off home :D

Also, Sono booking in for Friday night, nothing better to start a holiday with then some tasty Japanese.

hamchan

Have to ban every game with guns, which is probably 90% of them.

Also The Hobbit is only 65% at Rotten Tomatoes. Didn't expect that.

So we finally got our wedding photos back the other day and I thought I would include AusGAF in the festivities :)

httG][/QUOTE]
are you the lady or just camera shy
congrats
[quote="shanshan310, post: 45492234"]Guys what do I do. My parents have guests over but I'm really hungry but I don't want to get changed/talk to strange adults.

Nope.[/QUOTE]

go hungry, call your parents on their mobile and make them bring you food (only if they are understanding and wont blow your cover) or risk it and sneak out (i dont know the layout of your house)
[quote="x3n05, post: 45498900"]BONUS, word in that Friday is a leave early day, nice little[B] 4 hour shift then off home :D
[/B]
Also, Sono booking in for Friday night, nothing better to start a holiday with then some tasty Japanese.[/QUOTE]

then back to work at 3am

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
are you the lady or just camera shy
congrats

go hungry, call your parents on their mobile and make them bring you food (only if they are understanding and wont blow your cover) or risk it and sneak out (i dont know the layout of your house)

then back to work at 3am

sure you dont

Yagharek

Good news!

Dear Internode customer,

We have some great news for you! Your existing <redacted> plan <redacted>, is about to get better.

The plan that you're currently on was not previously eligible for a phone
line bundling discount.

From your next monthly rollover date, your plan will be upgraded
to make it eligible to receive the bundling discount.

According to our records, you already have your phone line with Internode,
so you'll automatically receive the <redacted> per month bundling discount!

You'll see this reflected on your next Internode invoice.

Thanks for choosing Internode, and we hope you enjoy your new bundling
discount!

Regards,

The Internode Team

FREE MONEY!

Kritz

Banned
I just spent $150 on DVDs for the family because I'm an uncreative fuck and can't be bothered working out anything better to buy them.

I also grabbed those fertagraphy two books.

legend166

Good news!

FREE MONEY!

Nice.

Speaking of free money, I did my car insurance this morning. Rang up and got the address changed now we're in our new place, and they said it was $80 cheaper in that suburb.

It's literally the next suburb along. The postcode is one digit lower. But I won't say no to $80.

Axiom

Plan is to go karaoke and maybe end up at Mana Bar afterwards for my birthday, but I don't get out much, so anyone have any ideas of fun things I might do around Melbourne?

Also I'll be seeing two of my best friends at my only opportunity before Christmas on that day, so do I bring their Christmas gifts with me? Given alcohol it may be a pain...but since I'll be getting gifts, I'll be carting around stuff anyway.

And if I do, do I make them wait to open their gifts until Christmas?

Also if anyone is a graphic designer and can answer a few questions, please let me know.

Yagharek

Naughty Starc. Just chucked the ball at one of the Sri Lankan openers (I can't spell his name sorry, not Dilshan) and smacked his ankle.

edit: Karunaratne.

That's nice of them.

If you were with Telstra you'd never find out unless you asked.

telstra were still charging us for like 2 dial up lines and i believe a fax line and the yellow pages ad? up until like a year or 2 ago
and as my mother is a bit overworked thesedays and they are so hard to deal with im pretty sure she just let them get away with it and never got any kind of compensation for 4 things that had been disconnected or told to be turned off for years

If you get a present from someone you won't see on Xmas I vote you open it then and there so they can see your reaction and you can thank them properly for it. Also I need to justify watching the Bond Blu Rays which are a Xmas present from the parentals.

I just spent $150 on DVDs for the family because I'm an uncreative fuck and can't be bothered working out anything better to buy them.

I also grabbed those fertagraphy two books.

Shoulda burnt them to disc and drawn your own covers.

Parents/family love handmade gifts! That's why your Mum still has that pencil holder that looks like a bong you made in 5th grade

DODO

DODO

INTERNET THAT FLIESSSSSSS

Dodo is for dodos who dont know about internetting.

Or people who live where no other bastard provides service. Pretty decent deal still, $60 for phone line and unlimited internet. I plan to never use the phone so sucked in on that one Dodo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom