• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunderball
Transfer - 3/5 (plenty of low quality shots and the audio mix was fucking horrible)
Movie - 3.5/5 (aged badly, sped up reaction action scenes, so much fucking underwater stuntmen (must have been new technology at the time so cram as much in as possible!, half the movie needed to be trimmed, over 2 hour running time!, actual character interaction was fantastic when it finally happens, Connery was at his best, same with the Bond chicks)

I dunno. Mixed fucking feelings after watching it again. Really want to grab Never Say Never Again to remind myself how they stack up.

People should watch this doco on Ozzy - http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/29436

Yeah watched it last night. Fantastic story. Nice that his life has a happy ending to it after so much pain for so many people.

Some morons vandalized the front door of my new house with spray paint before I've even moved in.

But I don't know if it was just some random graffiti done by kids or something abusive/racist. The builder repainted the door because the house has not yet been handed over to me, so any damage is still their responsibility.

To be honest, I'm now a little bit hesitant to move in.

Some morons vandalized the front door of my new house with spray paint before I've even moved in.

But I don't know if it was just some random graffiti done by kids or something abusive/racist. The builder repainted the door because the house has not yet been handed over to me, so any damage is still their responsibility.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it, empty houses are always a target. Once you move in I'm sure it will be fine.

Dead Man

Empty houses always attract dickheads.

Edit: God fucking damn it, get out of my head.

Spray paint? Could have been some kid on his way past. Is there a graffiti problem in your suburb? Since it is newly built it will attract attention until there is furniture in and a car in the driveway.

Not that I know off; personally I thought it was in a great and safe location being close to a school and community center. There are 3 more newly built empty houses on my street, none of them got sprayed.

jambo

Made a big batch of dhal last week. Sooo cheap. Added bonus: You can talk like Neil from The Young Ones.

Man, that reminds me, I need to watch The Young Ones again. I bought it on iTunes when it was crazy cheap on sale a couple of years ago. Amazing show.

People should watch this doco on Ozzy
I reckon Ozzy could probably pick up a few things from it, too.

Not that I know off; personally I thought it was in a great and safe location being close to a school and community center. There are 3 more newly built empty houses on my street, none of them got sprayed.
Nearby schools don't mean safe, they just mean more kids around :)

Don't worry about it. Just think that it's only 2 days until handover!

Man, that reminds me, I need to watch The Young Ones again. I bought it on iTunes when it was crazy cheap on sale a couple of years ago. Amazing show.
I watched it (quite?) a while back, after not having seen it since it originally aired. First, I was surprised that it was only 12 episodes. Young Jason remembered more Young Ones. Then again, Young Jason remembered more Fawlty Towers and Blackadder, so I wasn't toooooooo surprised.

It was... different. I still liked it but I also wondered how much I actually absorbed of that show since it was so frenetic and off-the-wall. I assume Young Jason just like the potty humour.

Watch out: Cliff!

Kritz

Banned
This is a test please ignore.

2nm3urb.png

I am making science.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
wrist is fractured. have to wear a mould on my arm for another month, then a CT scan. if t he bones not fixed there is nothing they can do after that.. so they just hack the little bit off :(

Haven't really done much testing and CBF making it work with more than one image per post, but here you guys go:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/154383

Edit: Link fixed. Also, in case it makes no sense what this does, it replaces blocked TinyPic images with the actual TinyPic image.

r1chard, here's your game running on a Nexus 7.
IMG_20121218_123246.jpg

I have a comment on your game - do you have a Google+ account I can share a video with?
nm, just posted the video publicly

Tarneit, next to Point cook and Werribee.
Too close to Werribee! Nah you will be fine.

Then again, Young Jason remembered more Fawlty Towers and Blackadder, so I wasn't toooooooo surprised.
Fucking brits. Always burn twice as short, five times as bright as everyone elses :(

Watched a bit of the doco with my gf and my parents. It was pretty alright. Didn't realise the daughter who didn't want to be on the Osbournes was so different looking to the rest of them.
He actually has 6 kids from 2 marriages!

Great to see him functional for his wife and kids. At least his wife has some good years left with him in a better condition now.

Just put my first game up in the Play Store :)

match 3

It's free ;-)

(more info in the Android games thread over here)
Awesome! Will give it a run tonight hopefully!

Haven't really done much testing and CBF making it work with more than one image per post, but here you guys go:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/154383
What does it do? At work so don't want to click :/

EDIT: Oh, cool!

r1chard

r1chard, here's your game running on a Nexus 7.
IMG_20121218_123246.jpg

I have a comment on your game - do you have a Google+ account I can share a video with?
nm, just posted the video publicly
Copying the comment I posted on G+:

Thanks for trying out my game and taking the effort to put up the video!

I'm painfully aware of the lack of feedback at the moment (and the touch registration issues.) I'm looking into what sort of mechanisms I could use given the toolkit I'm using (which basically prevents me from using any sort of transformational animation.) I suspect I'll be rewriting it in another more flexible toolkit soon. This one has served me well during the prototyping stage.

It looked slightly leg side live (the pitch, not impact) so I was being conservative in my judgement. Sri Lanka have been very good with their reviews this morning.

Yeah it has been a good day for showing the importance of DRS, those other two decisions were correctly changed. Thankfully Siddle got one dead on this time!

Too bad about the fucking rain. Again.
Stop having shit weather Tasmania!
Also shit crowds :/

So Mrs Squirrel is headed to the hospital with excruciating rib pain. I'm on the bus right now heading out to meet her.

I'm going out of my mind with worry. She's had a lot of trouble with the pregnancy so far and we still have (exactly) two months left.

Cheer me up, guys :-/

Copying the comment I posted on G+:

Thanks for trying out my game and taking the effort to put up the video!

I'm painfully aware of the lack of feedback at the moment (and the touch registration issues.) I'm looking into what sort of mechanisms I could use given the toolkit I'm using (which basically prevents me from using any sort of transformational animation.) I suspect I'll be rewriting it in another more flexible toolkit soon. This one has served me well during the prototyping stage.
Don't get me wrong, that you managed to build that in just a few hours is impressive! Just my first impression was that I must have been doing something wrong because I couldn't see anything to tell me what to do (other than the first instruction screen, of course).

r1chard

Don't get me wrong, that you managed to build that in just a few hours is impressive! Just my first impression was that I must have been doing something wrong because I couldn't see anything to tell me what to do (other than the first instruction screen, of course).
No, it's quite valid criticism :)

Sri Lanka need 6 runs an over at this point. Throw Siddle on with every man around the bat and put the damn pressure on for a mistake, we can't lose so give it a shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom