• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ningo

Hey how's everyone going?

5 weeks into my new job and it isn't too bad, been employed a week longer than my boss which is weird.

Still not settled as I am just doing bits and pieces to help out until the budgeting process begins in February.

Miss out on the collective bargaining agreement once off payment of $1000 by 2 weeks because I was employed just after it was signed off.

At least I get to take advantage of the full $9000 salary sacrifice for the FBT year ending march next yr and with flexi time get to take Monday off as I have accrued enough overtime.

Love the new Soundgarden album and as much of a Halo fan I have been I still haven't played past the 3rd mission and I've had it since launch lol. Will have to give it a go Christmas day.

And that's more or less my last 5 weeks.

Edit. I also somehow have a knack of getting first post on new page, wtf

Kritz

Banned
I go camping a lot on private property and enjoy shooting weapons and hunting. Its more of a hobby. And its also my god given right set forth by the forefathers of this great nation.

Americans are weird.

So guys, I think I'm going to get a PSN+ account especially for my Vita. What's the best way for me to get some Wipeout action on it? I noticed that you get HD for free if you already own it on PS3 (I think it was a freebie on there at one stage?) but given that I don't (and I stupidly didn't choose it when the freebies were given out last year) is there another free way I can get it?

Because I'm all about being a tightarse.
If you get a US PS+ Account I believe that they're still offering Wipeout 2048 as one of their freebies...

Shaneus

If you get a US PS+ Account I believe that they're still offering Wipeout 2048 as one of their freebies...
Hm. I don't think I could handle having yet another PSN account, unless accounts registered here can be changed to US without too much hassle. Or you don't have to use a VPN.

Might just be easier to stick with an AU one. And I think there's a deal where you can get 2048 and the PS3 one for $25 or so. I might just do that... grab a 3 month card then get a cheap yearly one from OGS (assuming UK subscription codes work here... I assume so, given OZ Gameshop sell them).

BTW I won't be on PSN for a bit with the Vita because of the whole exploit thing that lets me play PSP games off the memory card. So I'll be your friend, but I won't play with you.

PS. I've also just had a crack at Uncharted (via a friend's PSN+) on it... what a turd.

Hm. I don't think I could handle having yet another PSN account, unless accounts registered here can be changed to US without too much hassle. Or you don't have to use a VPN.
Nope; it has to be a new account. That's why I stuck with my AU account, as I really didn't want to juggle multiple accounts.

Might just be easier to stick with an AU one. And I think there's a deal where you can get 2048 and the PS3 one for $25 or so. I might just do that... grab a 3 month card then get a cheap yearly one from OGS (assuming UK subscription codes work here... I assume so, given OZ Gameshop sell them).
Not sure. A couple of the ones I've seen on OGS have had a disclaimer that the codes will only work on a EU account.

BTW I won't be on PSN for a bit with the Vita because of the whole exploit thing that lets me play PSP games off the memory card. So I'll be your friend, but I won't play with you.
You sound like every woman I've ever tried to date.

PS. I've also just had a crack at Uncharted (via a friend's PSN+) on it... what a turd.
It gets less turdier. It just takes a long time to teach you all the Vita feature mechanics.

RRRRUUUUUUUBBBBB IIIIIIIIIT!

Congrats again! Best thing in the world.

REPTILE ARE YOU USING RECENT EPISODE ARCHER GIFS STOP SPOILING
FEBRUARY IS RECENT? ALSO WHAT IS IT SPOILING?

So guys, I think I'm going to get a PSN+ account especially for my Vita. What's the best way for me to get some Wipeout action on it? I noticed that you get HD for free if you already own it on PS3 (I think it was a freebie on there at one stage?) but given that I don't (and I stupidly didn't choose it when the freebies were given out last year) is there another free way I can get it?

Because I'm all about being a tightarse.
Cheapest way is always on sale through PSN. Bought my last year for less than $50. Pissed I didn't bite on the 3 months for $13 last week though

:(

Hey how's everyone going?

5 weeks into my new job and it isn't too bad, been employed a week longer than my boss which is weird. Christmas day.
Strangely enough it is the same for me! I started back in July last year and both my managers were the month after! Gives me some extra clout thankfully.

Did you ever play the other Uncharted games? From my short time with it I didn't feel like it was anything less than a regular Uncharted game.

Facebook are nice people.

Under the new policy, Facebook claims the perpetual right to license all public Instagram photos to companies or any other organization, including for advertising purposes, which would effectively transform the Web site into the world's largest stock photo agency.

Bail. Fucking bail. I was already on the way out since they stopped me being able to post Instagram photos directly here.

Omikron

Interesting considering this. "nothing changed"

VxMRd.png

Shaneus

Nope; it has to be a new account. That's why I stuck with my AU account, as I really didn't want to juggle multiple accounts.

Not sure. A couple of the ones I've seen on OGS have had a disclaimer that the codes will only work on a EU account.

You sound like every woman I've ever tried to date.

It gets less turdier. It just takes a long time to teach you all the Vita feature mechanics.

RRRRUUUUUUUBBBBB IIIIIIIIIT!
Cheers big-ears. I think I'm just gonna see how long Lumines lasts me for. I'm tempted to shell out for Wipeout on both PS3 and Vita for the tracks (and a UK copy is only $22 shipped) but that's all that's really tempting me right now. But I guess I have the PSP versions of both on there anyway, so I no complain.

And I think I was confused with the whole Wipeout thing. There's a thing called the Wipeout Collectors Pack or something, with a logo for HD, Fury and 2048, but apparently that's just HD and Fury FOR 2048. Never mind the fact that there's a separate pack you can buy which is just for HD and Fury on the PS3 itself (which can still be transferred to the Vita for free if you have 2048 already... so it's the same pack) but is $7 cheaper. Go figure.

Do like the new layout of PSN though.

Looks like I become a dad tonight. He'll be a Christmas-time baby and I'm sure he'll get a complex about his birthday, but he'll be ours dammit.

He'll have to spend a few weeks in the nursery though :/

Congrats
my father was born on dec 22
he always only got 1 set of presents
Congrats again! Best thing in the world.

FEBRUARY IS RECENT? ALSO WHAT IS IT SPOILING?

Cheapest way is always on sale through PSN. Bought my last year for less than $50. Pissed I didn't bite on the 3 months for $13 last week though

:(

Strangely enough it is the same for me! I started back in July last year and both my managers were the month after! Gives me some extra clout thankfully.

Did you ever play the other Uncharted games? From my short time with it I didn't feel like it was anything less than a regular Uncharted game.

STOP FUCKING SPOILING EVERYTHING

I've got pictures up of my son on Instagram that I didn't expect to go into a possible pool to be pulled from for advertisers. I understand the decision but I would prefer more control over those pictures so I will pull them for now and maybe use the Twitter photo app more to see what it is like, I think I remember hearing they changed it not too long ago.

Also Hitman Conviction on 360 for $19 BEFORE postage and ZOE HD Collection on PS3 for $14 BEFORE postage. Comes with the Reverangelence demo too, just need to create a PSN account for that region.

Shaneus

Born at 7:53pm weighing a tiny 1435g.

I'm a dad.

o_O
Oh fuck, I didn't see this. Congratulations!

Fucking awesome, you lucky cunt.

(feel free to save this post and print it off for posterity... or prosperity, I forget which one to use)
(damnit, if you save it, don't include that last line, it just makes me look like an arse)

Shaneus

Fuuuuuu. Why didn't you tell me? :(

Um, not really. I just fired it up and saw the shitty tap to jump to a ledge and "paint" to climb a wall and thought it was fairly cheap and lazy.

Xbox Live sale!
Double Fine's Kinect Party is FREE for US account holders. So make an account and download it for free! Need to do it on your console.
On the dashboard, once logged into US account, click on the 'Free Party' tile on the right, select 'New Releases', scroll across 5 or so spots to Kinect Party. In 'overview; panel select Download, then scroll over to the 'extras' panel and make sure to download 'Kinect Party' which is the unlock key, and 'The Star Gazer" which is another unlock key for a game type I assume.
FREE for the first week or so I think!

Bully Scholarship Edition is only 640 allards! Buy on the dashboard using points to get it cheaper than $10! Never pay $$$ on Xbox!
LEGO games are on sale too. Rock Band 3 is also 640 allards.

Otherwise a whole bunch of Arcade games! Including Jet Set Radio for 400 allards!

Fuuuuuu. Why didn't you tell me? :(

Um, not really. I just fired it up and saw the shitty tap to jump to a ledge and "paint" to climb a wall and thought it was fairly cheap and lazy.

Because I forgot to buy some too! I thought it would run the whole sale :(

I thought the touchscreen stuff can be turned off and you just use regular controls for the climbing?

Kritz

Banned
aaaand it crashed. Right as I was about to kill one of the bosses. :(

I don't know how a game installed to my HDD had a disc read error, but there you go.

At one point Crackdown 1 had erased my save so often I could beat that game in 2 hours. One of the advantages of your game design being, "here is this giant open world. You need to kill 12 people. Go and do that." No cutscenes (save for short popups on the enemy you're about to kill), no forcing the player to stick to any one path, the only exception is that there's one guy on each island that you can't kill right away, instead you can kill the other guys to weaken their grip on their area. But even that is at least somewhat optional as you can rush into areas without having killed all the optional guys. I think. It's been a while.

The game just has so much faith in the player. Even the climbing is involved, nothing like AC3 where you might as well not be playing. In AC3 you press up on the directional pad to scale every single tower in that game. In crackdown buildings have platforming puzzles, you do every single jump yourself, you constantly have leaps of faith where you hope you're skilled up enough to make the jump, and once you get a hang of the momentum your control on the player is pinpoint accurate. The upgrade system both encourages and rewards you to be creative and to explore the game world. Even stuff that might seem like a throwaway mechanic, like vehicles, can be used to do amazing and fun feats. One of the vehicles lets you - with the right timing - scale up buildings. One of them just lets you plow through the open highway destroying every car and person in your path. The shooting isn't traditional by any means, and is very similar to GTA3 and Vice City's autolock. Except instead of targeting the entire person, you can target limbs. You can shoot weapons out of hands, knock guys down on the ground, or pop them in the head. You can shoot out a car's tyres or blow its gas tank or just shoot the fucker up.

Everything in Crackdown 1 is absolutely perfect. It's player agency at its finest. It's a large sprawling open world city where you're thrown into the heart of it, given a bunch of explosives and sweet guns and cars and a bunch of angry bad guys to kill and buildings to scale and ramps to flip over and that's all it is. Pure, action packed entertainment.

5/5 stars - kritz.whatever

Yagharek

5/5 stars - kritz.whatever

This is a meaningless score given the fable revelations.

I thought the touchscreen stuff can be turned off and you just use regular controls for the climbing?

Yeah, you can play it normally except for the charcoal rubbings. Mind you, touch screen platforming in uncharted isnt a bad thing since there is only ever one way to go so you may as well watch it on autopilot rather than put yourself through the tedium of it.

Shooting/stealthing is the better part of the game.

Yagharek

Cross posting from the Vita thread:

TOMBA PSone IS PSVITA COMPATIBLE ON AUSTRALIAN PSV!!

I was browsing the online store on PC. Searched for Tomba and it comes up as Vita compatible.

It doesn't come up on PSV in the PSone listings unless you search for it manually. I bought it, downloaded it (all via vita) and IT WORKS!

Piggies are doomed now.

Danoss

Hopefully we won't see any more Choc rages about State of Origin eligibility. I wouldn't put money down on that, however.

NRL.com said:
From 2013 no player will be eligible to play for NSW or Queensland unless he has lived in that state before the age of thirteen, or unless he is the son of an Origin player. The player must also be eligible to play for Australia.

'Benefit of the Doubt' video referee rulings are gone. Good.

Lastly, the 'Captain’s Challenge System' will be tested in the televised U20's matches. Also good.

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom