• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

So the Optus 4G in Adelaide is definitely 4G

317859502.png

markot

Banned
Story of my life? I was talking about the WORLDS POPULATION and KROME games! Get it? I DONT GET IT! And then they go out of business!

senahorse

So this just happened with Amazon:

You are now connected to AmazonRep from Amazon.com.
Me:Item turned up in post, need to pay
AmazonRep:Hello,My name is AmazonRep.I'll be happy to help you.
Me:Hi AmazonRep, last week I received a refund for this item as it was missing
today it arrived in the mail
I will need to pay for this again
AmazonRep:No.
If you want, you can drop the item to the nearest post office if you don't want to keep the item.
Me:I do want to keep the item, I placed an order for another one, but was able to cancel it just now
AmazonRep:Sure, you can.
Me:great, can billing re-charge me for this?
AmazonRep:Let me check.
If you want, I can charge you otherwise you can keep the item without being charged.
Do you want to keep the item without being charged?
Me:if that's easier for you, ok, but I am happy to pay if you would like me to
AmazonRep:As a good will gesture you can keep the item.
Is there anything else I can do for you?
Me:no that's ok, thankyou very much for your help today AmazonRep
AmazonRep:You are welcome.
Happy holidays to you and your family.
Me:thankyou, you too, bye :)

The item, was a limited edition of Prometheus, not worth a great deal but wow, I really tried to pay them.

Amazon are consistently awesome. Which is also why people continue to buy stuff through them. If they got the item back they would probably have to treat it as a return and sell it cheap anyway, so this way you are super happy and will make future purchases and they just write it off as lost stock.

Plus their postage is awesome fast. One week from UK to here makes me pleased.

Kritz

Banned
Omi, yes I have a middle name and yes I live in New Town and yes I worked in schools.

That's why your Mum still has that pencil holder that looks like a bong you made in 5th grade

While I can't say I've ever made a bong, I'll try and remember to take pictures of my sister's. I think it was supposed to be a watering pot.

EDIT:

Oh, the Assassin's Creed 3 ending was worse than I ever could imagine, and I played Mass Effect 3 this year. How that game scored in the 80s is beyond me, when it's the definition of insipid broken AAA sequel with none of what made the first title ambitious nor the second title good. It was a failure on every level, from its combat to its freerunning to the godawful story and mission design and setting. It was a terrible, worthless game that shouldn't have existed. Assassin's Creed 3 is the reason the 1/5 point of the 5 point scale exists, and was the worst game I've played in 2012. Avoid it at all costs.

Kids are well trained these days. They've been conditioned to know that everything worth seeing will come via a screen; whether it be a television, computer, iPad or games machine.

That's why the kid in the middle of that picture is watching the video of what's happening right in front of her.

That's gold.

legend166

I talked to Amazon customer support today too about my order that was supposed to come last week. They refunded the shipping cost ($20) and said to contact them in a couple of days if it still hasn't arrived. Happy with that for now.

Omi, yes I have a middle name and yes I live in New Town and yes I worked in schools.
MEGATON

Also Serrels was asking today if you are doing more reviews.

YOU SHOULD DO MORE REVIEWS.

The kid is unimpressed by the cooking.
Junior Masterchef has warped their standards the little picky fucks.

I talked to Amazon customer support today too about my order that was supposed to come last week. They refunded the shipping cost ($20) and said to contact them in a couple of days if it still hasn't arrived. Happy with that for now.

EBGames took 17 days to get Red Dead Redemption to me. When I complained they said it was Australia Posts fault. Fuckers. They charged like $7 or $8 postage too. Never again.

markot

Banned
Kids are well trained these days. They've been conditioned to know that everything worth seeing will come via a screen; whether it be a television, computer, iPad or games machine.

That's why the kid in the middle of that picture is watching the video of what's happening right in front of her.

That's gold.

Thats a he sexist.

senahorse

Yep there is a big delay with shipping at the moment, customs and auspost are struggling with all the online purchasing. Probably why they will have package mailboxes (24x7) for every household by next xmas or so.

What's the email/page you used to contact Amazon? My girlfriend and I went hunting but couldn't figure it out. One of her records was supposed to come on Dec 7.

senahorse

Go to the help page, there is a Contact Us link there.

My package that arrived today was meant to arrive on the 6th, it's probably just delayed.

Alright, no food or drink in 24 hours. Stomach fairly settled. Time for yucky KFC meal and fake ginger beer to test my mettle.

Gamestop. Gotta use their Client and DRM but that is soooo cheap! Must be trying to push Gamestop app into as many PC's as possible.

Yeah, that deal is fucking mental. Stupidly tempted, but just haven't the money.

Not willing to bet ten bucks on it, but I reckon you could install from someone else's disc as the serial probably works with the UPlay stuff regardless of the installer (see: Steam).

Yagharek

Bit worried/curious about this, but Sly 4 on PS Vita has dropped to $38 on EBgames.

The PS3 version has dropped to $48, and comes with a cross-purchase token for the Vita version.

Either the game is rubbish, sent to die, or is going to be heavily promoted as a flagship for the service. My guess is Wario64 will be making bargain threads about the US version within a week of launch.

Bit worried/curious about this, but Sly 4 on PS Vita has dropped to $38 on EBgames.

The PS3 version has dropped to $48, and comes with a cross-purchase token for the Vita version.

Either the game is rubbish, sent to die, or is going to be heavily promoted as a flagship for the service. My guess is Wario64 will be making bargain threads about the US version within a week of launch.

All the PS3 exclusives this year have been super mega bomba. Sony laid off their marketing/PR team didn't they? All I know is that they have done a fucking poor job pushing their titles. Even Eidos outclass them in marketing power right now.

Notice the new Ratchet & Clank came out? Saw it was under $50 at KMart just the other day.

Sony are moving on at this point.

EDIT: Also possible that EBGames don't have a local distributor agreement for Sly and will be picking it up through Grey Import?

Yagharek

No idea, I dont follow eb games insider news.

Still, great deal if the game winds up being good.

edit: more generally, I find that getting PSN+ and vita this month has really been as effective as a smooth new gen transfer. It's given my ps3 a new lease of life and I'll probably be more than happy to stick with that plus the wii/3ds combo for years to come. Assuming I can get a lot out of my current collection (easy) and grab some more gems for both (is Demon's Souls or Dark Souls PS3 better?) I am in no hurry to jump in to next gen until its well underway.

Of course tonight I pay my penance for leaving it as a bluray player, given I have to update all my games and install them. Currently doing Bayonetta (shut up, wrong version etc etc)

$48 is pretty damn good for a launch price. Though will still wait for impressions/bomba price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom