• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
aaaand it crashed. Right as I was about to kill one of the bosses. :(

I don't know how a game installed to my HDD had a disc read error, but there you go.
5/5 stars - kritz.whatever

from memory, wasn't there an issue where Crackdown 1 was not recommended as being installed to the HDD (unless you bought it as a Games on Demand title)?

I loved CD1 (not as much as some chronically-smiling comic-drawing peeps, though) because I didn't need to win a race to progress. I also managed to do the islands out of order without realising it so that the middle bit was really hard and the end was too easy. Also, the final boss blew himself up when targeting me so the ending was a bit anti-climactic.

CD2 was a relative disappointment. Still fun, just not as great as the first game. I would love a CD3.

Shaneus

Hitman Conviction on PC for $20 from Amazon DD
What service does that use? The Amazon one directly?

Even so... fuck. I still have way too much stuff to play :/

from memory, wasn't there an issue where Crackdown 1 was not recommended as being installed to the HDD (unless you bought it as a Games on Demand title)?

I loved CD1 (not as much as some chronically-smiling comic-drawing peeps, though) because I didn't need to win a race to progress. I also managed to do the islands out of order without realising it so that the middle bit was really hard and the end was too easy. Also, the final boss blew himself up when targeting me so the ending was a bit anti-climactic.

CD2 was a relative disappointment. Still fun, just not as great as the first game. I would love a CD3.
Yeah, I agree completely. Crackdown 2 wasn't really new enough in any particular area at all and they committed the cardinal sin of half-sequels by simply adding zombies.

What service does that use? The Amazon one directly?
System Requirements
Minimum Specifications:
Processor: True dual core CPU (Intel, AMD)
RAM: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 10 GB
Video Card: NV8600 512 Mb RAM, or AMD equivalent
Additional Info: DirectX: 10

Steam account required for game activation and installation

Shaneus

System Requirements
Minimum Specifications:
Processor: True dual core CPU (Intel, AMD)
RAM: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 10 GB
Video Card: NV8600 512 Mb RAM, or AMD equivalent
Additional Info: DirectX: 10

Steam account required for game activation and installation
Hm, sweet.

Wait, you owe me a game from the other day, don't you?

I'm totally kidding, obviously. I need another game like I need a hole in the head.

Jintor

How much? I don't know what PS1 games go for on PSN.

While on PS1 games, I'd kill for Jumping Flash on anything. Or Vib Ribbon that can use music from your MP3/music library.

I don't really care how much... I've been killing to play Tombi forever

I fucking wish PSN had actual sales the way Steam has actual sales though instead of "Oh man save a buck"

Salazar

Damn

pddwC.jpg

jambo

Still loving the game r1chard, but I've had it bugger up on me a few times now.

It only happens when I come back to the app after a few hours. The app will just show me a blank screen and I have to kill it in the task manger (holding home button) to get it to work again. Sometimes it even shows an all black screen after being restarted.

It only happens when I come back to the app after a few hours. The app will just show me a blank screen and I have to kill it in the task manger (holding home button) to get it to work again. Sometimes it even shows an all black screen after being restarted.

Adding to this, I really dislike killing the app but then opening it again, expecting a blank slate but it just restores my previous state. I specifically closed it for a reason.

r1chard

Hmm, that's no good. I presume it works OK once the app is killed completely and you launch it again?

Adding to this, I really dislike killing the app but then opening it again, expecting a blank slate but it just restores my previous state. I specifically closed it for a reason.
That's an intentional feature though. It starts up in the same game that you left off. Unless I'm missing your point, which is quite possible :)

FWIW now that that prototype's done I'm considering rewriting it as a Java application using the standard android toolkit to see what that transition would be like. It'll also allow me better control over the runtime so I can do things like get rid of the option menu under ICS+ and have some slightly fancy (but not too fancy) animations. I also suspect that the problem jambo's running into will just go away, as it sounds like it's a problem with the runtime I'm using (I don't see the problem myself on my GN, so who knows?)

Fredescu

Android's general memory management will close apps as it wants. I'd much rather the state be saved for a game.

jambo

Hmm, that's no good. I presume it works OK once the app is killed completely and you launch it again?

Like I said, there have been a couple of times where I've needed to kill and restart it twice to get it to work again.

I also have the game stuck like this just now.

Running on an Optus Samsung Galaxy S3 4G.

It costs that or that's how much you save?
I was making light that sometimes the PS+ discount is sometimes a baffling small amount such as an additional $0.12 over the normal savings offered to everyone else.

Sorry to get your hopes up.

Actually, it sort of makes me happy.

r1chard

Like I said, there have been a couple of times where I've needed to kill and restart it twice to get it to work again.

I also have the game stuck like this just now.

Running on an Optus Samsung Galaxy S3 4G.
I'll keep an eye out for black screen potential issues. Thanks again for the feedback :)

And sorry you ran into that bug. I have fixed it and am pushing out a new version soon :)

I did actually have a button allowing a restart at any time but I removed it because it made no sense to me. Hmm.

Kritz

Banned
a sixth grade student brought a .22-caliber pistol to West Kearns Elementary School, claiming that his parents encouraged him to bring the gun along as protection in response to the Newtown, Conn. shootings. He reportedly showed it to one his classmates during recess. Sixth grader Isabel Rios said, “At recess, he pointed a gun to my head and said he was going to kill me.”

This is going to get worse before it gets better isn't it

Holy fucking hell. Completely ignoring the fact someone gave an 11-year-old a gun, I don't understand how people think that line of logic will end up in anything other than tragedy.

But more importantly, HE WAS FUCKING 11! What kind of bullshit parent does that? Fuck me.

Everyone should have a gun surgically grafted to their shoulder, with the trigger being activated neurally.

That would end all crime. Ever. No more deaths. Ever.

That's if I'm understanding the logic correctly. I'm pretty sure I am.

Yagharek

Everyone should have a gun surgically grafted to their shoulder, with the trigger being activated neurally.

That would end all crime. Ever. No more deaths. Ever.

That's if I'm understanding the logic correctly. I'm pretty sure I am.

It worked well in Planet terror. Although that was a leg.

I fucking wish PSN had actual sales the way Steam has actual sales though instead of "Oh man save a buck"
This sale has been pretty awesome. They had Sleepy Dogs for the cheapest it has been on PS3 as well as stuff like Journey/Unfinished Swan bundle for $18. Oh, also Tokyo Jungle for under $10!

Weren't there record numbers of gun sales the day after the shootings? 150,000 or something?

Kritz

Banned

That may be true, but also, if I do not install the game my xbox sounds like it's going to kill my family.

N0VAM0D

I got my HSC marks today and they're really not that great. Band 3's and 4's everywhere. My ATAR is going to be tragic. Oh well! I'm still going to go ahead with my gap year plans and use that year to create some new experiences for myself, new opportunities, and to discover what I really want to do with my life.

/livejournal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom