• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Seriously, strawberry rekorgolig is fucking incredible... once. Any more than that and your tastebuds will fuse together, and then your tongue will phase through the roof of your mouth.

Shaneus

Cider GAF. My gf would like me to pick up some cider for her for xmas drinks and I know nothing about it. She also hasn't had them before, all she knows is she doesn't like pear or peach. She is only a very occasional drinker, any suggestions?
Monteith's, motherfucker. Rep said there's a berry one (summer berry, maybe) which is supposed to be pretty nice. I haven't tried it, but they make a kick-arse (imo) apple and also a pear and also an apple and pear. But the berry should be a goer because it's not overly sweet. I find the majority of what's out there to be overpowering in one way or another (Magners is too strong, Rekorderlig too sweet etc.) but Monteith's is just nice.

Depending on how smashed you're thinking of getting, maybe get a four pack of the berry and a four pack of the apple. At least if you're going with the missus, you can blame drinking out of a pink-labelled bottle on her ("She wanted the berry one I swear, guys! I'm totally not gay! I'm just trying it!").

Cider GAF. My gf would like me to pick up some cider for her for xmas drinks and I know nothing about it. She also hasn't had them before, all she knows is she doesn't like pear or peach. She is only a very occasional drinker, any suggestions?
Flying Brick Draught Cider, if you can find it (I can't, it's the one I've been after since having one last year).

Other than that, the Rekorderlig recommendations are easy to go with, as it's hard to dislike it -- it's basically soft drink.

Monteith's, motherfucker. Rep said there's a berry one (summer berry, maybe) which is supposed to be pretty nice. I haven't tried it, but they make a kick-arse (imo) apple and also a pear and also an apple and pear. But the berry should be a goer because it's not overly sweet. I find the majority of what's out there to be overpowering in one way or another (Magners is too strong, Rekorderlig too sweet etc.) but Monteith's is just nice.

Depending on how smashed you're thinking of getting, maybe get a four pack of the berry and a four pack of the apple. At least if you're going with the missus, you can blame drinking out of a pink-labelled bottle on her ("She wanted the berry one I swear, guys! I'm totally not gay! I'm just trying it!").

I hear Dan Murphies is doing a special on Monteith's as well, or at least, they were last week.

Flying Brick Draught Cider, if you can find it (I can't, it's the one I've been after since having one last year).

Other than that, the Rekorderlig recommendations are easy to go with, as it's hard to dislike it -- it's basically soft drink.

Three Oaks cider is pretty decent as well. Stronger than the other brands I've tried.

Jezabel

pipsqueak and coldstream ciders are my two favourites, very clean and smooth.

I hear Dan Murphies is doing a special on Monteith's as well, or at least, they were last week.

we were last week. not 100% sure on this week

No sale on Monteith's at the moment, at least down here. I need to get back to Geelong so I can hassle Jezabel every day for the expiring beer stock :)

GG Good Guys!
My 3DS games arrived already, really well packaged. OoT 3DS had a massive fucked up spine though, must have been fucked well before they packed it.
Took it into the local store and they swapped it for a new copy on the spot! Awesome service.

Also got a slab of Corona's for $30 from Dan's for Xmas lunch for the family. Yesssssssss.

VIDEO REVIEW PLZ

Also I read that whole thing so pony up with a video version. It will be more fun to make than AC3 is to play!

If she likes sugary drinks go for the top shelf, Rekorderlig.

rekorddd.png

Tons of flavours but quite pricy.

For straight out apple cider Monteith's is great quality at a great price. They do a range now too, including pear and crushed berries (and apple & pear as the good man Shane will vouch for).

5997_l.jpg

Otherwise you have a shitload of options these days. Cod will recommend tons of fancy, expensive ones. Dirty Granny is awesome! Especially mulled.

Even cheap options are still okay, like 3 Oaks Cider or Castaway. Best to start her on something nicer though and go back to the cheap ones when you guys want to cheap out!

Bulmers or Magners seems to be the main tap cider you will find in most places. Solid and workman like!

Also, just had some relief news regarding a substantial financial decision. I feel physically ill after it, and it will take a while til it sinks in.

Lesson learnt: get EVERYTHING in writing from sales people, never take their word and cover your arse with expert advice.
Hope everything turns out okay, I can't count the amount of times that paper trails have saved my ass.

Has to be taking the piss.
It appears to be a rather obvious troll.
It really does read like the usual lengthy troll post on GAF, most posts on IMDB are fucking terrible so the fact that it is legible leads me to believe they are fishing for outrage.

Kirby102

You Only Live Twice is more schlocky than I remember

:/

The Japanese setting is refreshing though at least. I can see why Connery decided to give up the mantle during filming.

hamchan

Vita is the nicest handheld i've owned. Of course Sony screws it up with horrible marketing and price.

Also can't find out where to put memory card ><

Gazunta

Speaking of alcohol, I went into the local tonight to get a bottle of something for the boss and saw this guy's mug all over the walls.

Highlights_Banner_MattsYourMan.ashx

I don't know who he is. I don't know what deal he struck to get his face all over the place. But by holy fucking Christ do I want to smack him in his ugly fucking pompous head. Dick in an oyster what a twat.

Gazunta

What you couldn't even be bothered to get a haircut before the photoshoot? I want to stomp on your neck with a pair of Doc Martins covered in retirement home sewage.

Squirrel Jr is strapped up to oxygen like the world's cutest astronaut. Haven't had the chance to hold him yet, but his first ever exposure to music was tonight when a choir came to his ward and serenaded all the premies with "Oh Holy Night".

It was all I could do not to burst into tears.

This is hard guys.

Gazunta

You're gonna be a fucking great dad, VKS.

And now it's guaranteed you're never gonna play a video game again in your life, you are now a REAL AusGAFfer.

Squirrel Jr is strapped up to oxygen like the world's cutest astronaut. Haven't had the chance to hold him yet, but his first ever exposure to music was tonight when a choir came to his ward and serenaded all the premies with "Oh Holy Night".

This is hard guys.

Just think how awesome Christmas will be next year when he is trying to walk and pooping his pants everywhere!

Hope they are treating you well at the hospital and giving you plenty of tips.

Thanks guys.

I really appreciate it.

I'm at home now, looking over all the pictures I took today and it's hitting me all at once. I shed a manly tear or two when he was born, but I'm starting to blubber now and Mrs Squirrel is still in hospital, so I'm sort of emoting quite a bit more than I'm built to handle.

Call your parents guys. Tell them you love them.

This is hard guys.

Have you decided on a name yet?

Dead Man

This is hard guys.

:) Brilliant! Glad all is going well, hope Mrs Squirrel is recovering okay too.

i just got my KitchenAid in the mail yesterday and although its very pretty and new and clean
its already time for me to mess it all up and make some cookies

im looking for ideas for Christmas cookies/biscuits to make in the lead up to and for christmas.
yes ill make gingerbread and shortbread but im looking for other types that i may have overlooked or not known.
so
what are some of ausgafs favourite bikkies

hamchan

I would totally add people to my US PSN but the member's spreadsheet link in the OP is messed up.

Anyways my PSN is EvilHamchan. Add me :)

Shaneus

Need the GetWines voucher in The Age from today. Not sure if your local will price match it as the GetWines store is in Richmond.

:)
Cool. Go grab me some then, will ya?
Speaking of alcohol, I went into the local tonight to get a bottle of something for the boss and saw this guy's mug all over the walls.

Highlights_Banner_MattsYourMan.ashx

I don't know who he is. I don't know what deal he struck to get his face all over the place. But by holy fucking Christ do I want to smack him in his ugly fucking pompous head. Dick in an oyster what a twat.
He's Matt. According to the URL, Matt Skinner.

Christ, you're thick!

PS. Glad everything is working out okay, VKS. On behalf of Gazunta, might I suggest two names: If it's a girl, Ricki-Lee. A boy, Ricky Leigh. Or Syd Gaf.

Gonna buy a bunch of $50 US PSN codes now. Thank you Amazon for stocking them.

EDIT: PSA: $50 US PSN codes on Amazon only cost $47.49 Aussie. Cheaper games from US PSN and saving money on codes too hooray!

I wanted to buy PSN codes off amazon but they don't email the codes, only ship them. Really lame to wait 2 weeks for the codes to arrive.

not sure if you said already or want to say
how long did the hospital want to keep him and Mrs VKS there for?
have you seen other family yet?
have they seen the baby squirrel yet?
Mrs Squirrel will be lucky to get home for Christmas, but as for Squirrel Jr, he'll be there until the end of Jamuary at least.

Other family have come to visit and all give their support. And I just saw that and it cheered me up a bit. Thanks.

I should get some sleep. Another big day ahead of me tomorrow.

Salazar

My FedEx package is so well-travelled.

Jarrow, Stansted, Paris, New Delhi, Shanghai, Tokyo, Guangzhou, Singapore, and currently Alexandria, Sydney.

And this is the "expedited" option.

Yagharek

GUYS - Jet Set Radio is being added to PSN+ on Vita next month!

More money to save and spend on other games! Whoooooooooooo

understandunderstandunderstandunderstand

Mrs Squirrel will be lucky to get home for Christmas, but as for Squirrel Jr, he'll be there until the end of Jamuary at least.

Other family have come to visit and all give their support. And I just saw that and it cheered me up a bit. Thanks.

I should get some sleep. Another big day ahead of me tomorrow.

:D
My FedEx package is so well-travelled.

Jarrow, Stansted, Paris, New Delhi, Shanghai, Tokyo, Guangzhou, Singapore, and currently Alexandria, Sydney.

And this is the "expedited" option.
HAHAHA what is it

thanks for the bikkie opinion

Mind blown.

Fucking IMDB...I'd all but forgotten the crazy people that post there.

It is actually "it's" btw :p

Funny how we are correcting each other, there's an iOS game where you pretty much need to find mistakes in student's essays and fail them! From spelling mistakes to punctuation errors, you have to find as many as you can in 30 seconds.

It's called The Grading Game
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/the-grading-game/id564853076?mt=8

Wdkzx.jpg

I got the free version to try it out and damn it's quite difficult! D:

I just sent this to a teacher friend of mine who just recently finished up all her marking. She's going to love this.

DeathJr: Handover day?!?! :D

VKS: All my best to Mrs Squirrel and SquirrelJr

HamChan: request sent.

When does "next month" start... soonish?
BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom