• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Well, you have obeige the fashion trends at the time.

I wish I'd never red that.

tumblr_m6gcyffqxt1qaisgd.jpg

Rendering looks gross. Prefect way to ruin a house. Especially in Perth.
People moved in next door and did that. Made the nice red brick house geey and dumped a bunxh of solar panels on the rood. Which is at street level. then they got some giant stone pots that have sat in the driveway for like 2 years. Ruined the valuse of the whole street

Edit: well shit it might be brown brick. I wouldnt know. Also blerg at steam sales. Not even bothering with vote deals. At least they got rid of the flash sales

Shaneus

He's a cannibal and heading off to a track meet. That's my only guess.

Guys, this will freak you the fuck out, hope you can get something out of it (if you haven't already):
Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR)
I'm getting crazy chills from the face painting one on that page. And the weirdest thing is... any of the skittishness I have from my ADHD is *completely* gone. I have no fucking idea how that happened! It feels like some kind of weird fetish or something :/

GAF threads:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441853
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475748

Yagharek

christmas eve and busiest day of the year. so glad this is my last christmas in retail!

Haha holy shit, you have my sympathies. Used to work retail, and the worst days were boxing day and the 23rd (christmas eve was always a little quieter after midday).

Also whichever date the last government pension day before christmas would fall on.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm just activating my keys from the THQ humble bundle and the person that paid the most (10k) like 9k more than anyone else, is the THQ President

:( I feel sad now

Yagharek

I can't say Ive bought a THQ game in years. I think the last one was de Blob. Or maybe the scribblenauts ds game or lock's quest. Certainly none of their big name games like red faction/saints row etc did anything for me.

They had a really rough year this year financially, they just couldn't fund any projects and the ones they did ended up getting pushed to next year.
2011 - Darksiders 2, WWE 13. That's it.

Same price as it is on Steam.

Shocked! Steam finally have some good deals today, aside from the quiet deals.

christmas eve and busiest day of the year. so glad this is my last christmas in retail!

You have my condolences. I just got back from dan murphys, it was packed. 6 registers open with 20+ people waiting at each. I walked in saw the lines and went to walk straight back out, but they had just opened a 7th register right in front of where I was going to grab something. In and out in 5mins.

Shaneus

Which one are you at, tiger? I need to grab some more Monteith's Summer Berry cider (thanks rep, you bastard) and might as well go for a drive. I'm heading out to Ocean Grove for Christmas Eve/Day and I had a hunch you worked in that area?

jambo

Nice. Is pc gamer even made anymore, I can't even remember the last games magazine I purchased.

PC Gamer is definitely around, but we seem to only get the US one in Adelaide =/

I went to my parents recently and grabbed a whole bunch of oold stuff. PC games, sharewarr discs, AFX racing set, etc

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Which one are you at, tiger? I need to grab some more Monteith's Summer Berry cider (thanks rep, you bastard) and might as well go for a drive. I'm heading out to Ocean Grove for Christmas Eve/Day and I had a hunch you worked in that area?
I was just in the Coles at Ocean Grove and it was incredibly busy.:p thankfully the queue to the self-checkout died down by the time I was ready to head out.

Dead Man

Hope this gets some commerical news coverage.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-23/muslims-write-merry-christmas-in-sky-above-mosque/4441784
The Lebanese Muslim Association says it arranged for a Christmas wish to be written in the sky above the country's biggest mosque, in response to reports it had banned Muslims from wishing people a happy Christmas.

Over the weekend, a message appeared on the Facebook page for Lakemba Mosque, saying that Muslims were forbidden from taking part in Christmas traditions or wishing people a merry Christmas.
Samier Dandan from the the Lebanese Muslim Association says a junior staff member of the association copied and pasted text from another website that the mosque had not endorsed.

"From our perspective this is an innocent mistake done by a youth member who's employed by this organisation," he said.

"We are basically not going to apologise for what I perceive to be an innocent mistake, which is not necessarily reflective of the true mindset and belief of this organisation."

This afternoon, the organisation arranged to have the words "Merry Xmas" written in the sky above Lakemba Mosque.

Earlier today, Islamic Friendship Association spokesman Keysar Trad said the fatwa was not valid, and described the Facebook remarks as damaging and divisive.

"These types of comments, unfortunately, do nothing to promote unity, and I'm glad they've been taken down," he said.

I was just in the Coles at Ocean Grove and it was incredibly busy.:p thankfully the queue to the self-checkout died down by the time I was ready to head out.
I (usually) refuse to go to the self checkout. I'm not taking 5times longer to check out my items in order to save the companies some money. The rare times I've used them they've been crap; constantly asking me to put the just-scanned item in the bag when it's already there and having to get an attendant to come over and swipe their card to proceed, along with the 20 questions it gives you during the course of the transaction.

Fuck off with your cost cutting and hire some more staff to attend your damn store.

Also: faaaaarkin hell. Sound Shapes kicks into a completely different tier when you hit the Beck songs. I only have one CD of Beck's (Guess which one. Yep.) but if this is any indication of his current music I'll have to check his recent CDs out. It's not just the music, though, his music seemed to inspire the art and level design team into high gear.

I've loved his levels immensely.

Kritz

Banned
I (usually) refuse to go to the self checkout. I'm not taking 5times longer to check out my items in order to save the companies some money. The rare times I've used them they've been crap; constantly asking me to put the just-scanned item in the bag when it's already there and having to get an attendant to come over and swipe their card to proceed, along with the 20 questions it gives you during the course of the transaction.

PUT THE ITEM IN THE BAG

PUT THE ITEM IN THE BAG

PUT THE ITEM IN THE BAG

I think for some of them you can just press the "fuck you computer" button and it'll be like ALRIGHT GUESS YOU DON'T WANT TO PUT IT IN THE BAG. And then you put the item in the bag, go home, and hate-fuck your VCR.

I love self serve as it means I don't have to wait 20 damn minutes in line behind some fuckwit who wants to pay with pennies and asks every question under the sun.

I JUST WANT TO PAY FOR MY REDUCED PRICE BAKERY GOODS AND GET BACK TO MY HALF DRUNK BOTTLE OF WHISKEY AND EPISODES OF ARCHER DAMN IT

Kritz

Banned
I find I'll use self checkout only if I don't have many items, and if people in the self checkout look like they have a smart phone.

And if all I've bought as some chocolate and masturbation lube.

According to the Amazon thread it doesn't go on sale until Boxing day:

12/26-1/5:
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition _-_17.99

Meaning that this lower price will end on Boxing Day?

bomma_man

Someone told me the other week (I can't remember who, where or when, I was drunk) that the supermarkets actually lose more money than they save through self service because industrious people like myself put every single vegetable item through as carrots or onions.

Also we got hot cross bun mix in the other day :/

Omikron

Someone told me the other week (I can't remember who, where or when, I was drunk) that the supermarkets actually lose more money than they save through self service because industrious people like myself put every single vegetable item through as carrots or onions.

Industrious?

YOU BASTERD

Just fyi, I went through and added some more people off here on Xbox live.

You have been warned!!!!

Also reps gamer score puts mine to shame.

Why wouldn't you download a cabbage?

You could bloody well eliminate world hunger with digital produce distribution.

Well, to the places that have internet.

Gazunta

I'm posting while waiting in line at K-Mart. Everyone is so miserable. It's glorious.

God, I am going to drink a bloody nice bottle of bourbon the day Amazon open here.

the parking at the supermarket was atrocious, but the queues were surprisingly short. Managed to score a bunch of oysters and Morton bay bugs, as well as some rekorderlig. and the Baker gave me some free croissants! All in all a good Christmas feast haul.
You guys are pretty unco
Lol, I haven't heard anyone say unco since I was a tweeny grade eighter. It's buried in the same memory slot as 'random'.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Dark souls... 2 hours in.. this is why I play games!

Can't believe I held off playing this for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom