• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Hey guys, have you seen this? It's fucking hilarious, and I think may have sold me on buying a Neo Geo X:
Neo Geo X hacked to run Unibios, unofficial game ROMS
Upon cracking the device open, enthusiasts were surprised to find no copy protection to speak of -- just a lightly glued MicroSD card. The folks on the Neo Geo forum wasted no time experimenting, and soon found that the handheld's Bios and game ROMs can be successfully swapped for new games or custom loaders.
ell oh ell

I think there was an expectation by the publisher that it wouldn't get approved by the Classification Board so they just didn't bother.

Ding Ding.

They expected issues that would cost more money so didn't bother.

Which sucks as that means they projected that Aussie sales on XBLA wouldn't be enough to cover classification/reclassification costs.

Maybe the physical retail edition is coming out here through the R18 classification, seems like the most 'business' way to go about it, even if it does rub us gamers the wrong way.

In any case make a US account, once it is downloaded you can play it on your regular account. Annoying that they require 3 forms of contact now though.

Fuck you Channel 9. Get that bet365 segment the fuck off TV.

Betting odds on the first over of the day? Australia's score at the 50 over mark? Why the fuck would you give them a whole segment, just run a ticker if you feel the fucking need to pimp betting odds for fucks sake

>_<

Why the fuck would you give them a whole segment
Simpsons+-+allighty+ollar.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm liking Paper Mario: Sticker Star more than I expected.

Jintor

Yeah, but consider app output on mobile platforms vs retail or even digital delivery platforms (except for Steam and game betas which have been coasting along without being glanced at)

Not saying it's fair, but industry voices have more pull here. Follow the money!

Yagharek

It's preferential treatment.

If games on phones dont need classification then all others should be exempt too. Otherwise it's an even more uneven playing field.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
If you worked in Tech / Service. Would it be better to work in a small company, school, corporate, government or misc that I just can't think of since my brain has melted.

I'm wondering if I could score something after getting Apple Certified. Probably not!

Jintor

If games on phones dont need classification then all others should be exempt too. Otherwise it's an even more uneven playing field.

Well yeah, but as it stands mobile software development is probably going to be the only hugely viable market for australian-produced content, so think of it as tarifs or something if that helps you sleep at night

Get a cushy government job!

It is indeed. Until we have a reported instance of little Johnny playing Mortal Kombat iOS and trying to recreate fatalities on his 3 month old brother I don't think Fox News gives a shit, Girlfriend Simulator iOS is just too much damn fun.

Yagharek

Well if mobile games dont get classified there should be no expectation for any other digital distributed games to be either. Manhunt PS2 on the PSN store next thanks.

Jintor

Steam already sells unclassified games through the fact that nobody in parliament really understands how the internet works

I think the logic is that point-of-sale is technically taking place in America, but I have to ask around about that...

trinest

Fuck you Channel 9. Get that bet365 segment the fuck off TV.

Betting odds on the first over of the day? Australia's score at the 50 over mark? Why the fuck would you give them a whole segment, just run a ticker if you feel the fucking need to pimp betting odds for fucks sake

>_<

Doesn't the ACCC frown upon that?

Echoplx

What's Amazons international shipping like? Thinking of getting my GPU from there as it's cheaper then buying locally even after shipping but not sure if it's worth the risk.

Dead Man

Lindelof needs to be taken away from all movies.

http://collider.com/damon-lindelof-star-trek-2-into-darkness-interview/220137/1

“They’re in the 23rd century and these people are from Earth. The Earth needed to play more of a role in these movies, especially in the sense of giving the audience a degree of relatability. I think that in the same way that New York City becomes this anchor point for people in the Marvel movies; that’s Spidey’s stomping ground, that was the stomping ground for Tony Stark, that was the stomping ground for The Avengers, it’s New York. We wanted to do the same thing with Earth in the Star Trek movies.”

You fucking hack.

If you worked in Tech / Service. Would it be better to work in a small company, school, corporate, government or misc that I just can't think of since my brain has melted.

I'm wondering if I could score something after getting Apple Certified. Probably not!

Well Kritz worked at a school, more he's learning game dev.

Shaneus

Shouldn't the ship be the "stomping ground", if anything? And doesn't that essentially take it from Star Trek to Aliens-Invade-Earth Trek?

markot

Banned
Star trek and earth... I mean, it can go see anything in the universe... And it stays at home... Awful. Why's he even bring up super heroes, star trek isn't anything like those.

Lindeloff is off the next Prometheus movie thankfully.

What's Amazons international shipping like? Thinking of getting my GPU from there as it's cheaper then buying locally even after shipping but not sure if it's worth the risk.
Took 7 days to get my Bond collection, very well packaged, cheapest postage option!

Shaneus

Ah, awesome. I wasn't being rhetorical, I'm just not as into Star Trek as most so I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Even then, I still seem to know more about Star Trek than that douche. Hopefully he didn't influence Abrams that much, because he seems to be at least a little more cluey.

Might be worth the risk price-wise, but as far as hardware that's failed on me, video cards are right up there with HDDs (well, what else is there I guess...) so I'd be wary.

Rlan

Grabed Walking Dead and Hotline Miana from the Steam Sale, but won't be able to play them until I get back from adelaide, and that's like the 7th. Hopefully I still care enough to get into them :p

Omikron

Grabed Walking Dead and Hotline Miana from the Steam Sale, but won't be able to play them until I get back from adelaide, and that's like the 7th. Hopefully I still care enough to get into them :p
Yeah, I am away ATM as well... Back on the weekend.

Dead Man

I'm not like a huge star trek nerd or anything. But this guy totally doesn't get trek.:/

Pretty mcuh. I'm not either, but if I wanted a bromance film set on future earth there are plenty to choose from.

Anyway, off to Melbourne for 2 days, family etc, see you kids in a few days.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Lindeloff has the same annoying attitude that plagued the writing of the Mass Effect series.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom