• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

teekun

Ace Attorney doesnt repeat the same redundant 30 second instruction on how to look at something everytime that you click on it.

The worst part of 999's puzzles to me is how some are 'solved' simply but examining the same thing three times. Ugh. That's not a fucking solution!

Still enjoying it though. Got 3 endings down, so far. Haven't hit the true ending yet.

Kritz

Banned
I more object to how you can't just skip the entire puzzle should you know the solution. Because nearly every puzzle ends in a four digit numerical value, and I don't see why I can't just press it in.

A little to much favouring the narrative over its gameplay in those moments.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Luckily, the sequel fixes those problems with 999. But yeah, there's some icky stuff in there.

Jintor

I more object to how you can't just skip the entire puzzle should you know the solution. Because nearly every puzzle ends in a four digit numerical value, and I don't see why I can't just press it in.

A little to much favouring the narrative over its gameplay in those moments.

I think the cabin puzzle is pretty much the only one you can do that with

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I wish i had quit my job then i could sit here for my last 2 days doing sweet fuck all.

Wouldn't that be nice, guy from work...

What is AusGAF's current phone recommendations? Turns out I can upgrade pretty much whenever I want now. I'm looking at a Lumia 920 or a S3. Which one should I go for? Or am I overlooking something better?

Yagharek

I 'played' some more 999 last night. Ive seen shorter expositions from Kojima.

I won't deny the scenario is interesting, but the design is obnoxious.

No apps I have to carry over. Is WP8 any good? I'd be happy to go with it if it's worth it, but if not then I might as well go Andriod.

The Lumia does seem to have a killer camera which would probably be handy for work stuff

I'd recommend going into Optus/Telstra shop and having a toy around with the phone, I quite like the OS but it won't be for everyone. The 920 has a lot of great things going for it, especially if you are running Win8 at work or home as you will find it a breeze to use the OS.

If I was buying a phone right now I would probably grab the 920 if it wasn't so expensive. I don't use much call credit so spending more than $70 a month is a huge waste for me.

senahorse

No apps I have to carry over. Is WP8 any good? I'd be happy to go with it if it's worth it, but if not then I might as well go Andriod.

The Lumia does seem to have a killer camera which would probably be handy for work stuff

Having had an iphone3/4, Galaxy S3 and a Nokia 920 I can safely say that WP8 is my favourite OS for what it's worth. It's not perfect and lacking in certain areas but for a 1.0 version OS it's fantastic, really makes IOS feel outdated. Android I don't mind but WP8 feels much nicer to use on a daily basis and the integration with Skydrive and Windows8 proper is great. As for the Lumia 920, best phone I have had hands down.

Sri Lanka gave up as soon as Sanga when down with his injured hand

:(

Hopefully this new Johnson sticks around, he can takeover the all-rounder spot from Watson! He knows it is his last chance at his age so hopefully he stays focused for 12 months at least. Easily man of the match, by a long way. Warner second for his crushing impact on the dusk of day one.

Yagharek

Clarke has missed nine Tests since his 2004 debut, including those for which he was dropped. Watson, who debuted three months later, has missed 50.

Wow.

He's a good player sometimes, but at this point persisting with him is wasting the opportunity of getting someone else in equally good form to get established.

I'd recommend going into Optus/Telstra shop and having a toy around with the phone, I quite like the OS but it won't be for everyone. The 920 has a lot of great things going for it, especially if you are running Win8 at work or home as you will find it a breeze to use the OS.

If I was buying a phone right now I would probably grab the 920 if it wasn't so expensive. I don't use much call credit so spending more than $70 a month is a huge waste for me.

Having had an iphone3/4, Galaxy S3 and a Nokia 920 I can safely say that WP8 is my favourite OS for what it's worth. It's not perfect and lacking in certain areas but for a 1.0 version OS it's fantastic, really makes IOS feel outdated. Android I don't mind but WP8 feels much nicer to use on a daily basis and the integration with Skydrive and Windows8 proper is great. As for the Lumia 920, best phone I have had hands down.

Awesome. Cheers guys, I was leaning towards an S3, but thanks to that I think I'll go Nokia. After I play around with one for a bit of course.

Wow.

He's a good player sometimes, but at this point persisting with him is wasting the opportunity of getting someone else in equally good form to get established.

I can't help but think of the wasted potential to all these injuries. He's still rolled gold in limited overs, but he could have been so much more in tests too

markot

Banned
Nokia? Lol what is this 2006?!

Wait for the S4 early next year.

Sonys new phones too and HTC.

Also the windows store is shit and everything is over priced compared to others.

Yagharek

I can't help but think of the wasted potential to all these injuries. He's still rolled gold in limited overs, but he could have been so much more in tests too

Yep. He is a very talented player, but his talent has been wasted/lost to recurring injuries. Terrible luck, but now it is compromising not just his career but others waiting in the wings.

Muglh.gif

Sri Lanka give up, injured players won't come back out. Hard to see how they will bounce back in the new year test, should be a whitewash.

Gotta give it to Clarke, fantastic decisions all test with fielder placement as well as bowler rotation. Didn't even have to lean on Siddle for once which bodes well for next test!

All the bowlers were spot on, Bird took his callup well and should be in the fold for the future. Also props to Cowan, did great work in close this game!

That knock by Warner was punishing. Bowl out Sri Lanka for 150 and then Warner comes out and smashes the cover off the ball, races to a quick 50 before the first day was even over! Confidence overnight would have been non-existent.

Watson batted well thankfully, he needs to dig in during Tests otherwise it will be hard to justify keeping him around despite the VC, which really needs to be earmarked for another player next summer.
Clarke batted fantastic as always, Hussey didn't have his day sadly. Nice to see Johnson showing some fantastic strokes, his time away from the big league has been well spent.

Sanga and Herath both played well and deserve a pat on the back.

Yeah if Watto is out next game just get starc back in as he can bat a bit too.
Yeah I expect the selectors to be worried about more injuries to fast bowlers next test rather than want to shore up the batting lineup so I would expect Starc in and Usman will be 12th man.

Wow.

He is getting on in age too, in terms of keeping his bowling going. I have always rated him handier with the ball than the bat so it would be hard to say he deserves a spot due to his batting unless it improves. His 3 over spells have worked really well this year, when he does play.

Also funny that Clarke was the one expected to sit out the Test yet came through fine lol

I have the following Steam keys to give away to AusGAFers. Just quote this, tell me which game you'd like and I'll PM you code.

The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC

Cave Story+

The Basement Collection

Offspring Fling

Kritz

Banned
Got me that True End.

Was pretty cool. Guessed some of the twists, had no idea about some of the others. I feel like most characters had a satisfying conclusion to their backstories, except for one who had a sick infodump in one bad end but it was never bought up again.

Not sure if I should buy VLR right away or give it a month so I don't fatigue myself.

So Deadlight! The little indie game I assumed was shit is actually pretty good!

Takes a similar focus on art style as Limbo but actually executes it well enough that it creates a fantastic game world around you. The style never got in the way of the gameplay, which is the most important thing. Looks fantastic, the cutscenes are a little lofi but the ingame stuff is really delicious.

Gameplay is pretty standard, focus on melee timing hits on the undead. Most of the time you are solving very minor exploration based puzzles in order to keep moving forward through the level. Set out a little like a cut down Shadow Complex. Most of the time you have several options to dispatch of the zombies; guns, axe, environmental hazards, hanging out a window so they jump out after you (lol morons). As you move through the game they make it a little harder sometimes, make you do several things at once while an unending stream of zombies come at you, never really ramping up that bad though. Only 2-3 really annoying sections that are instakill if you don't hit their marks perfectly, would have been nice to find a better way to design those though. Overall it is complex enough to keep you interested and give you a feeling of satisfaction once you move to the next area.

Story is decent but nothing amazing. The best is held in a diary you have, which details your life before and after the outbreak. About 10% of the entries are torn out, you find them along the way which fleshes it out for you. What story is there has been jotted down quite eloquently, which is nice to see.

Length is decent, 7 hours in total, although the pacing is a bit average and the framing story doesn't really hit any peaks. Pretty meandering story in general, aside from the personal one going on. 3 acts in total.

I gotta give it 4/5.
Really enjoyed the art design and the solid, if basic gameplay, along with a good story.

Played to competition on XBLA, paid 600 allards during the current sale.

Shaneus

So Deadlight! The little indie game I assumed was shit is actually pretty good!

Takes a similar focus on art style as Limbo but actually executes it well enough that it creates a fantastic game world around you. The style never got in the way of the gameplay, which is the most important thing. Looks fantastic, the cutscenes are a little lofi but the ingame stuff is really delicious.

Gameplay is pretty standard, focus on melee timing hits on the undead. Most of the time you are solving very minor exploration based puzzles in order to keep moving forward through the level. Set out a little like a cut down Shadow Complex. Most of the time you have several options to dispatch of the zombies; guns, axe, environmental hazards, hanging out a window so they jump out after you (lol morons). As you move through the game they make it a little harder sometimes, make you do several things at once while an unending stream of zombies come at you, never really ramping up that bad though. Only 2-3 really annoying sections that are instakill if you don't hit their marks perfectly, would have been nice to find a better way to design those though. Overall it is complex enough to keep you interested and give you a feeling of satisfaction once you move to the next area.

Story is decent but nothing amazing. The best is held in a diary you have, which details your life before and after the outbreak. About 10% of the entries are torn out, you find them along the way which fleshes it out for you. What story is there has been jotted down quite eloquently, which is nice to see.

Length is decent, 7 hours in total, although the pacing is a bit average and the framing story doesn't really hit any peaks. Pretty meandering story in general, aside from the personal one going on. 3 acts in total.

I gotta give it 4/5.
Really enjoyed the art design and the solid, if basic gameplay, along with a good story.

Played to competition on XBLA, paid 600 allards during the current sale.
Oh, WHAT A SHAME YOU DIDN'T ACTUALLY FUCKING VOTE FOR IT ON STEAM WHEN I ASKED, YOU CUNT.

markot

Banned
Does anyone actually care about Sydney to Hobart?

I mean... anyone? The media always make a fuss about it, but it seems like theyre the only ones that care >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom