• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Well, out of 2 orders for each, Sanity >>>>>> JB for online shopping. Two weeks quicker shipping times.

JB can gagf like zavvi as far as Im concerned. Slackers.

Drove into the office today. Left at my usual time, got home an hour earlier. Reinforces just how much I despise public transport. If only the traffic was nonexistent all the time.

Shaneus

So, just came back from seeing Skyfall. Not bad! I still didn't work out what the significance of "Skyfall" (the word) was. Also, there were some pretty stupid things in it that were just all WTF, but otherwise was entertaining has hell.

Interesting to see that the three Craig movies have been spent building up to (essentially) bringing the series into a new generation. Very interesting.

Also, in case you guys didn't know, Gerry Anderson died today :(
Yo8qX.jpg

The guy who basically completely owned my Saturday mornings :(

BTW, Resident Evil 5 on PC. Yay or nay? I remember Thumbs spoke of it on PC when some guy wearing a refrigerator on his back just beasted a co-op level with them, but I can't remember if it was *genuinely* good or not.
Is it the racist one set in Africa that N'gai Croal lost his shit over?

Shaneus

Sad abut Gerry. I loved his shows, particularly Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, UFO, Space 1999 and Terrahawks
I thought Terrahawks was someone else (even though it used the same tech)? All I remember is that show freaked me the fuck OUT. There was an alien that reminded me of the alien in The Last Starfighter (that also freaked me out). And that weird robot ball thing that just rolled everywhere and I think talked by flashing bits of his face on and off.

I never saw Captain Scarlet (or the others) though and keep meaning to. I should make more of an effort.

But yeah, quite sad. I don't think there's anyone from around 18 onwards who didn't watch Thunderbirds on weekend mornings. Always incredibly sophisticated backdrops and production, too. I had no idea the mouth movements were automated, for example.

So, no go on RE5? Not even for eye candy? I don't have RE4 on PC (or anything else :/).

just had some of the short bread arnie, bloody wonderful! cheers

glad to hear it

in other news turns out my broken clock was actually sound activated

so now i have to make the decision if i use that feature or not.
dont know if i want to clap everytime i want to see the time

wonzo

Banned
RIP Gerry.

BTW, Resident Evil 5 on PC. Yay or nay? I remember Thumbs spoke of it on PC when some guy wearing a refrigerator on his back just beasted a co-op level with them, but I can't remember if it was *genuinely* good or not.
Is it the racist one set in Africa that N'gai Croal lost his shit over?
It's alright with a co-op partner but otherwise you're better of replaying RE4 (the perfect game) again and again.

I thought Terrahawks was someone else (even though it used the same tech)? All I remember is that show freaked me the fuck OUT. There was an alien that reminded me of the alien in The Last Starfighter (that also freaked me out). And that weird robot ball thing that just rolled everywhere and I think talked by flashing bits of his face on and off.

I never saw Captain Scarlet (or the others) though and keep meaning to. I should make more of an effort.

Terrahawks was early 80s with glove puppets and his first puppet series since the 60s. Captain Scarlet has more blood than any kids show should have. The main character is killed off every episode before coming back to life. joe 90 is basically a kid wearing google specs being a secret agent.

Shaneus

Did RE4 even come out for PC?

Wait, I think we've had this conversation before. The PC version was crap and the consensus is to emulate the GC version.

Yagharek

RE4 is also on psn and xbla I believe. Imo Wii edition is the definitive one, but any other version will be eminently playable.

Just remember that it has its own unique control scheme. Dont expect gears of war third person movement.

Yagharek

999 is a fucking dumb game. Yes, lets repeat the 'how to play minigame' instructions every fucking time on a briefcase number lock BECAUSE NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN THAT IN REAL LIFE BEFORE.

Jintor

999 sure has some awkward design decisions

but 'dumb' is not a word i would use to describe it

(except the prose sometimes)

Yagharek

999 sure has some awkward design decisions

but 'dumb' is not a word i would use to describe it

(except the prose sometimes)

Its design decisions are fucking unacceptable. Clue searching is fine when its done well a la Phoenix Wright. In 999, it's done dumbly.

I accept the game has a strong narrative, hence its cult following, but Flower Sun and Rain was more ingratiating than this muck.

Jintor

I don't particularly see the difference in scanning a room between 999 and Ace Attorney, but I haven't played those games properly for a few years now

Yagharek

I don't particularly see the difference in scanning a room between 999 and Ace Attorney, but I haven't played those games properly for a few years now

Ace Attorney doesnt repeat the same redundant 30 second instruction on how to look at something everytime that you click on it.

Kritz

Banned
999 needed a skip text button from the start. And the one you get for replaying needs to be so much faster.

Oh well, I'm on the home stretch now. (holy shit spoilers about heaps of stuff)
I've gone axe > submarine > safe. After learning that Safe unlocks the true end, I just jumped on a FAQ to see the order I need to do things on. Don't care about getting Knife or whatever the other one is. The exposition dumps so far are great, but so far in my true end run I've not hit anything mind blowing. Currently still getting exposition dumps about Alice.

I kinda saw the Snake twist from a mile away, though. Game of Throne rules.

No idea who mystery man was at the end of sub. Possibly Snake, possibly Alice, possibly someone else.

If anyone responds to this, please be careful with spoilers.

Jintor

So was axe. Game went from cool to fanfiction at breakneck speed. And then the next one I got was goddamn amazing.

Well, axe actually ties into the rest in a way, but knife is almost like coffin -
you just kind of end randomly at some point in an unsatisfying way
. Axe at least provides some things you can piece together to puzzle out the rest, either in retrospect or if you're forward-thinking.

Did RE4 even come out for PC?

Wait, I think we've had this conversation before. The PC version was crap and the consensus is to emulate the GC version.
Nooooooope, Wii Version dude. I told you this! Wii controls go fantastic with it.

Hey, Shane Watson is injured!
Khawazy Khawaja time!

CricInfo said:
Clarke has missed nine Tests since his 2004 debut, including those for which he was dropped. Watson, who debuted three months later, has missed 50.
Enough said

Its design decisions are fucking unacceptable. Clue searching is fine when its done well a la Phoenix Wright. In 999, it's done dumbly.

I accept the game has a strong narrative, hence its cult following, but Flower Sun and Rain was more ingratiating than this muck.
I cannot think of another game, other than maybe Vampire Rain, that seemed designed to make me want to call it bad words and throw it in the bin.

i finished the walking dead
it was ok
not at all a goty imo
im interested to hear everyones story in a spoilercast because i think i picked all the choices i did for the complete opposite reasons to everyone else

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I wonder if i can stroll up to my bank during lunch and speak to someone about a home loan or if i really need to actually put in an appointment.

I think no matter how I look at it, Buying a property at this point in time is going to be really hard, especially on my own. Renting looks to be cheaper at the end of the day by a good country mile.

But then what do I do with all my savings, what was the point of saving it for all this time D:

Choices, Why so hard.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Yagharek: It's only the first room bro - the rest of the game definitely isn't as intrusive. Anyway despite loving the hell out of 999; it's going be a while before I dive into VLR, since jb-hi fi don't seem to have anymore copies, and with my current backlog I probably won't be able to order a copy till the second half of next year.

Maybe I'll wait till I get a vita before I buy it.

But my current backlog is insane - in terms of high-priority titles I've got.

- Dark Souls (currently working on this)
- Guild Wars 2
- Dragon Quest VII+VIII
- Bayonetta hard/climax replays
- Catherine
- Yakuza 3/4
- Fallout New Vegas DLC play-through
- Binary domain
- Halo 3 ODST
- Ys Origin
- Xenoblade
- The Walking Dead
- Nier
- Devil Survivor 2
- Ninja gaiden sigma MNM replay (on chapter 11 atm)

Still want to get into games on my steam backlog like Crusader kings 2, Galactic civ 2, Space rangers 2 etc. Also planning on picking up Dragons Dogma + MGS3+PW off PSN down the line. Worst thing is next year from feb to july I'm going be INCREDIBLY busy and won't have much time for games apart from the odd 45-minute action game session or something.:D

Just got back from seeing Les Misérables, and it was so great wow yes
:/

Still need to see Wreck It Ralph too! I bet I don't make it to either. Les Mis looks like something I would love the shit out of.

I wonder if i can stroll up to my bank during lunch and speak to someone about a home loan or if i really need to actually put in an appointment.

I think no matter how I look at it, Buying a property at this point in time is going to be really hard, especially on my own. Renting looks to be cheaper at the end of the day by a good country mile.

But then what do I do with all my savings, what was the point of saving it for all this time D:

Choices, Why so hard.
Buy up some prime land! Much cheaper, you dont' have to do anything with it and maybe someone will want to buy it off you!

Or buy 10 iMacs!

Choices, Why so hard.

Go through a broker, much easier to apply and he/she will help you with all the paperwork. Brokers get commission from the bank so you won't even have to pay them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom