• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So seems like people are receiving their copies of Anarchy Reigns this week despite the release date being another 2 weeks away!

Only $25 on PS3/360 from Zavvi (the ones who have been posting them out) but no clue if all orders are being shipped out or just the ones from weeks/months ago. Comes with the Bayonetta DLC!

Kritz

Banned
The main story ones were the worst in the game. The best ones are where they let you loose against multiple ships (no guided shit) in a massive storm where you're also fighting the wind and the waves. You missed out.

I played over thirty games released this year. If a game wants me to experience it, it better make a god damn effort.

God damn how many menus do I have to go through to quit AC1? :S

Alt-f4 = win.

A classic

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
OK, this is a fairly strange request but please bear with me.

I'm a student in the UK and I really really need to access this paper someone from the University of Queensland wrote. I've been trying to find contact details for them for weeks, but to no avail. So now I stoop to this: I was wondering if anyone from the uni could log in with their eSpace credentials and send it to me. It seems to be available for all students.

I really hope someone can help me on this, but I don't know if I'm writing this in the right section or thread. If I'm not, please let me know and I'll get rid of it. If you can help me, please PM me and I'll give you the details.

OK, this is a fairly strange request but please bear with me.

I'm a student in the UK and I really really need to access this paper someone from the University of Queensland wrote. I've been trying to find contact details for them for weeks, but to no avail. So now I stoop to this: I was wondering if anyone from the uni could log in with their eSpace credentials and send it to me. It seems to be available for all students.

I really hope someone can help me on this, but I don't know if I'm writing this in the right section or thread. If I'm not, please let me know and I'll get rid of it. If you can help me, please PM me and I'll give you the details.

You're in luck. I'm a PhD student at UQ. Depending what the paper is, I may or may not be able to get it for you, but if you point me to it I can at least get you their contact details (assuming they're still at UQ, since the eSpace can have papers from people who were PhD's or staff at UQ when they wrote it).

Jintor

Deek Persona 4 is soooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood i mean i knew it before hand but still

Omikron

So AC1 isn't terrible, just wish the stupid open world part was completely removed so I can just get on with the fun stuff.

I've seen Bulbagarden around before... dunno where though
As the name of my website, no doubt. ;) Though perhaps you'll be more familiar with the name of the wiki, Bulbapedia. I normally go by the name of "Archaic", however it was sadly unavailable here.

He's that pokemon guy omgomg! I think shan mentioned something about him once.
Yup, that's me. Only just got my account on here approved. ^^;;

Deeku

Deek Persona 4 is soooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood i mean i knew it before hand but still
I knoooooow right! I'm kinda itchin to play through it again on harder difficulty since there's not much on the vita atm.

Game's soooo long though, portable makes it better. I think I want all my future jrpgs portable!

trinest

So seems like people are receiving their copies of Anarchy Reigns this week despite the release date being another 2 weeks away!

Only $25 on PS3/360 from Zavvi (the ones who have been posting them out) but no clue if all orders are being shipped out or just the ones from weeks/months ago. Comes with the Bayonetta DLC!

The video on the website of the capture the flag mode sold me on this game.

As the name of my website, no doubt. ;) Though perhaps you'll be more familiar with the name of the wiki, Bulbapedia. I normally go by the name of "Archaic", however it was sadly unavailable here.

You made Bulbapedia? Nice work man. :)

Axiom

Despite all the stuff I learned about EVs and breeding and the like when I played, I never did kick the habit of holding Down+A when capturing a Pokemon.

I had a very awkward coffee date yesterday, and despite the awkwardness I did notice how weird it is that there's bugs and evil owls and hundreds of ants decorating the Melbourne Central food court.
I know when I think of delicious food, I think of insects on the walls.

After the date I consoled myself with comic books. I'm sure that helped.

You made Bulbapedia? Nice work man. :)
I can't exactly claim the whole credit there, or even the largest part. Probably only the idea of it really, and even that I share with a couple of others, most notably Zhen Lin. While I am the head honcho of the website, the content on Bulbapedia is the toil of many years of a great number of volunteer staff, and uncounted numbers of regular users.

Despite all the stuff I learned about EVs and breeding and the like when I played, I never did kick the habit of holding Down+A when capturing a Pokemon
In all honesty, neither have I. ;) I wonder where we all got the idea that worked. I thought I was doing it before I even started using the internet for Pokémon information, but I can't possibly have heard about it from anyone else around me back then...

So AC1 isn't terrible, just wish the stupid open world part was completely removed so I can just get on with the fun stuff.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... hmmmmmmm... I have some good news and some bad news for you.

Oh, hang on, my warehouse is telling me that we've just run out of good news. But they do mention that there's some tepid news left over that I might be able to modify for the situation.

While I enjoyed my time with Assassin's Creed I did feel that it essentially served up the same idea with (not quite sure on the number) 3 separate, slightly-increasing-in-size-each-time cities. It sort of felt like going through the motions. The motions were fun, but I tired of them. even though I was playing the game in small bursts over a long period of time. I don't think I could have binge played the game.

The openworldy parts of the game were... meh. Most of the time I grew resentful of having to walk (or ride my horse) brain-burstingly slowly past guards to avoid rousing their suspicion. As I understand it, back in the Crusade period of time, only evil people moved a greater-than-shuffle speeds. Only murderers rode horses above a canter.

Despite my misgivings, it did what it set out to do well, I think it was a victim of the 30hours or bust theory of games, so they artificially extended the game far beyond the mechanics and vision had originally allowed. It would have been a wonderful 10 hour download game; at the time it was released I don't think that was really an option.

Hey Jase.
tumblr_mfgvj5sZpS1rrftcdo1_400.gif
Amazeballs

Loved the laid back, relaxed open world. Just cruise around in the really well documented historical tapestry stabbing Templars and grabbin' some flags. Very zen.

Hey props on the awesome website! Love that place even though I'm not into Pokemon any more. Very impressive stuff.

The video on the website of the capture the flag mode sold me on this game.
Yeah I am realllllly struggling not to order it. Dat Platinum. But I don't really get time to get into MP so it would be a waste really. :(

Plus no Live Gold now.

I had a very awkward coffee date yesterday, and despite the awkwardness I did notice how weird it is that there's bugs and evil owls and hundreds of ants decorating the Melbourne Central food court.
I know when I think of delicious food, I think of insects on the walls.

After the date I consoled myself with comic books. I'm sure that helped.
your post reminds me of something, like a crazy person rambling from some film I don't remember.

guys i make a website too

guys
MOAR VIDOES PLZ

Me too guys

Anyone remember PRESIDOG

Good times

Guys

guys
Need to pimp it more here! I don't even visit Penny Arcade or Sam & Fuzzy any more.

Also more canvassing for classic videogames to joke about!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just bought the Alfred Hitchcock collection, Taxi Driver and Assassination of Jesse James on Blu-ray for a combined total of $96.40 from JB-HI-FI! my blu-ray collection continues to get bigger.

Not bad considering the Hitchcock collection sells for like $150-200 in the states. Although the australian set is missing north by northwest.;_;

I mentioned this in another thread but on Big W's website WiiU is just dumped in the Wii section.

They are also giving away free ZombiU or just dance with the basic model

Welcome to the mad house dude.

God damn Samurai Pizza Cats was amazing. I had like eight VHS tapes of that show thanks to Cheez TV :)

And very well Reptile! Guys check this out.

Name an old video game. I will make a comic about it!

So hit me up with your suggestions, guys! I have a few days off and a sharp pencil to use. Go go go!

Awwww for fucks sake! Why would a company buy the rights to SPC and not get them out on DVD for 14+ months! You fucks! I never could find high quality rips of them.

DiscotekMedia said:
The April release will probably be the Japanese version of Samurai Pizza Cats. The title will be Legendary Ninja Cats. It will be all 54 episodes in one set. We're working on the logo and front cover now. The English dubbed Samurai Pizza Cats will be in 2013 in one box set but exact date is undecided.

This one is pure gold Gaz!
2012-11-21-Blast-Corps.gif

Although you haven't done one in a month :/

Voted for Dungeon Keeper, not sure how you would make a funny Killer Instinct one other than how Rare don't give a fuck about it.

Clipper

Under A Killing Moon? (oldest game I've been playing lately!)

Or Martian Memorandum to go a little older. Something could surely be done with the kissing scene... I sort of doubt Gaz may have played it, though. Then again, I do remember Gaz telling me he was familiar with Tex back when I was figuring out how to Texify my avatar...

Also Gaz, I repeat my Jack Attack suggestion from a while back. You must have played that one...
JackAttackAnimation2.gif

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
You're in luck. I'm a PhD student at UQ. Depending what the paper is, I may or may not be able to get it for you, but if you point me to it I can at least get you their contact details (assuming they're still at UQ, since the eSpace can have papers from people who were PhD's or staff at UQ when they wrote it).

PM sent

Shaneus

Damnit, who cares about the original Samurai Pizza Cats? Everyone knows that the entertainment to come out of that show owes itself to the English dubbers receiving the animation without any scripts or translations (and thusly, kind of had to make up the whole thing on their own).

Awesome stuff.

Now, will somebody please cue that boid?

Damnit, who cares about the original Samurai Pizza Cats? Everyone knows that the entertainment to come out of that show owes itself to the English dubbers receiving the animation without any scripts or translations (and thusly, kind of had to make up the whole thing on their own).

Awesome stuff.

Now, will somebody please cue that boid?

I don't understand why they don't just release it with both, I can't see there being enough demand for people to buy it twice. Doing two separate print runs and developments seems wasteful.

>_<

Hey guys I forgot to say anything but kfc is doing a double down promotion until January. It tastes like meat, meat and cheese and I don't think I will ever be eating food from work ever again but at least now I can say I've done it. You should do the same!
You're in luck. I'm a PhD student at UQ.
You are somewhat infamous among the under grads :p
I propose we make uq the official ausgaf university, since we probably have the most people there now.

Shaneus

I don't understand why they don't just release it with both, I can't see there being enough demand for people to buy it twice. Doing two separate print runs and developments seems wasteful.

>_<
I'd hazard a guess that along with completely new audio, there's bound to be footage that was either cut completely or rearranged to suit the new script.

I'd love to get it on DVD as well, my friend. If they could include some kind of mini-doco or at least a few bonus walls of text via the DVD menu describing the whole story would be hella awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom