• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally downloaded and started AssCree3.

GMG download started last night, finished around 5pm :/
The download was 15GB
It then needed to "unpack" itself, resulting in ANOTHER 15GB being taken up
With these unpacked files you can now install the game for ANOTHER 17GB of space taken

So by the time it is installed you have 47GB of space being taken up due to their retarded system. You then have to manually go and find the installation files and delete the fuckers! I am being completely serious here! 30GB of space wasted unless you into your hidden AppData -> Local folder and get rid of it!

Fucking GreenManGaming!
uPlay seems pretty cool though! Runs great, has all my settings from the 360.
Also the PC version has some settings which is nice, picked up the 360 controller instantly and runs great for me.
Looks a bit shit though. Got those dead eyes really bad. ALSO THEY CHANGED THE FUCKING ACTORS AGAIN, SO MUCH FOR CONTINUED EMOTIONAL CONNECTION OVER THE COURSE OF THE SERIES YOU STUPID FUCKS.

I think I shall have fun playing this!

EDIT: Post play report is a nice touch uPlay!
Visuals range from impressive to muddy and terrible rather quickly, looks like they were rushed and couldn't make everything high res textures.
Camera operates pretty rough compared to previous console versions which is very disappointing.
HUD is way too fucking big. Would be nice for a fix to make it smaller (especially getting rid of the PRESS B TO SKIP prompt during cutscenes.

I'd hazard a guess that along with completely new audio, there's bound to be footage that was either cut completely or rearranged to suit the new script.

I'd love to get it on DVD as well, my friend. If they could include some kind of mini-doco or at least a few bonus walls of text via the DVD menu describing the whole story would be hella awesome.

What do you mean? They bought the rights to the originals for the Japanese AND English versions. So the main fuss is transferring them to DVD/Blu Ray.

They seem like fuckwits though so I doubt there will be any extras.

Omikron

Vidja Game Journalism in the MSM.

de0a9760526b11e281d622000a1f975c_7.jpg

This is my second roadkill. First one was a parrot on the hume fwy that got eviscerated. All I saw were feathers in the rear view mirror.

I don't get why birds like to sit in the middle of the friking highway all the time.

Shaneus

What do you mean? They bought the rights to the originals for the Japanese AND English versions. So the main fuss is transferring them to DVD/Blu Ray.

They seem like fuckwits though so I doubt there will be any extras.
I thought you were just talking of it being the one video stream with multiple audio streams and that was it, in which case it might be a bitch. But given they bought both, you'd have to wonder why they'd release the Japanese one in Western countries given that the only one they would've experienced is the English dub. Hell, was the original one even that popular before it was shipped over to the US and goofed up?

So by the time it is installed you have 47GB of space being taken up due to their retarded system.
Look into 'Sandboxie'. It completely sandboxes processes from the rest of the system. Great for those stupid programs you hate like Capsule. When installing for real don't use it, though as you don't want to sandbox that.

uPlay seems pretty cool though!
You shut your damn mouth.

Roadkill today, suicide birdie :(
Could've been worse, one time had to remove a bird who got caught and subsequently died in our vegetable bird netting. Had to break wings with my hands to extract it.

I thought you were just talking of it being the one video stream with multiple audio streams and that was it, in which case it might be a bitch. But given they bought both, you'd have to wonder why they'd release the Japanese one in Western countries given that the only one they would've experienced is the English dub. Hell, was the original one even that popular before it was shipped over to the US and goofed up?

It was fairly popular, enough to get 52 proper episodes!
When they started putting them out on tape in Japan though it didn't sell enough to warrant more than a few episodes.

The Japanese version was released on DVD by a different company already this year and sold fairly well. There is no fucking reason to do separate releases in English speaking countries though, just a waste of money.

If you want to see it in Japanese you probably already watch other stuff in Japanese, with a region free DVD player most likely and would just buy it from Japan where it was already released!

Woot. I finished the first section. Feels very much like a slow burn movie. Enjoying the atmosphere and DAT WATER

UNNFFFFFF

New combat system will take some getting used to, same with the slightly different parkour :/

You shut your damn mouth.

Well hey, even GFWL has been okay for me despite how damn slow it is :)

Civ5 Gods & kings is $3.15 at GMG right meow.
GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 for 30% off.

Even let me buy the cheap region version version rather than the ANZ version without having to VPN or anything! Took 5 tries for it to go through via credit card though, they must be getting hammered. Refused Paypal even though it always worked in the past.

Man fuck the ANZ tax.

Crusader Knights 2 is also $7, might be cheaper at Amazon, dunno.

Just wait til you want to change account names or move games to the right account or download games again easily.

lol why would you try and do that silly man!

lol why would you try and do that silly man!
Why SHOULDN'T you be able to is the better question. If people preorder games, stores often create accounts like 'shop46372827638' for each preorder. You can't move the game to an existing account and you can't change the username.

Ubisoft forums are riddled with people asking to have their account names changed.

Why SHOULDN'T you be able to is the better question. If people preorder games, stores often create accounts like 'shop46372827638' for each preorder. You can't move the game to an existing account and you can't change the username.

Ubisoft forums are riddled with people asking to have their account names changed.

I know, I was just being a fascist :)

Shaneus

Civ5 Gods & kings is $3.15 at GMG right meow.
GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 for 30% off.

Even let me buy the cheap region version version rather than the ANZ version without having to VPN or anything! Took 5 tries for it to go through via credit card though, they must be getting hammered. Refused Paypal even though it always worked in the past.

Man fuck the ANZ tax.
How did you see it for that price? All I see is the ANZ one :/

PS. Mad props for the Super Troopers reference. It's delicious.

It's Afghanistanimation

Shaneus

That's what I see, too. Could try tunnelbear.com as Rep posted yesterday (and I saw AFTER the XCOM deal had ended). It IS a VPN, though...
I just used a straight US VPN connection but it won't accept my Paypal (I guess because it's an Australian Paypal account) nor my credit card.

Rep is holying it right up in here like there's no tomorrow!

Kritz

Banned
Pokeman, you should use steam chat because we're filled with awesome people.

And we need fresh blood after the last guy who came in lost his shit at everyone.

Roadkill today, suicide birdie :(

Reminds me of my high school ski trip. We had to stop about 2am in the middle of rural NSW to pull a kangaroo out of the wheel :S

...what? I mean, sure, I could see that happening in the Business school, sorta, but are you implying it goes further?

Well, everyone in the Japanese department seems to know of you, if only by your online name :p But then again everyone in the Japanese department is a big nerd.

Pokeman, you should use steam chat because we're filled with awesome people.

And we need fresh blood after the last guy who came in lost his shit at everyone.

When did this happen?

Shaneus

Ugh, even after using VPN to add the cheap one to my basket and disconnecting so it uses my Australian IP to verify payment etc., I *still* can't use my CC or PayPal to buy it.

Fuck that site. Maybe if there are any keys left in the morning, but at the moment it just doesn't fucking seem worth the effort.

Well, everyone in the Japanese department seems to know of you, if only by your online name :p But then again everyone in the Japanese department is a big nerd.
...wait, so does that mean they know (or knew before you go out and tell them at any rate) that I'm at UQ myself, or that they only knew about the site? ^^;;; In any case, I suppose it's reason enough for me to avoid wearing my Snivy "Haters Gonna Hate" T-Shirt when I've got to visit the Gordon Greenwood building for anything...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Eh it's not the first time someone has left ausgaf, the thread or steam chat, because of one or more people.

Personalities clash. Welcome to life.

Like me and the walking dead! Was there only one ending in the game? I'm trying to figure out if there was more, but I can't seem to find any youtube videos that aren't 30 fucking minutes long.

Oh, there's going to be a season 2 of the walking dead. Interesting!

Omikron

Eh it's not the first time someone has left ausgaf, the thread or steam chat, because of one or more people.

Personalities clash. Welcome to life.

Like me and the walking dead! Was there only one ending in the game? I'm trying to figure out if there was more, but I can't seem to find any youtube videos that aren't 30 fucking minutes long.

there is only one 'ending', but there are many ways to get there....as you will have noticed with the crazy guy and how he lets you know what you did 'wrong'.

Did you end up enjoying it? The fact you have interest in a season 2 might suggest as much.

How did you see it for that price? All I see is the ANZ one :/
That's what I see, too. Could try tunnelbear.com as Rep posted yesterday (and I saw AFTER the XCOM deal had ended). It IS a VPN, though...
The fuckers must have changed it after I bought it. Didn't need a VPN, allowed me to put the region free version in my cart.

In any case it is STILL really cheap at $5.41 rather than $3.15! Otherwise ask someone nicely in the GMG thread if you still want to save that $1.26 and VPN isn't working.

Rep is holying it right up in here like there's no tomorrow!
WHAT YOU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS? I posted links and everything!

I know none of you asked for Forgotten Worlds BUT HERE WE ARE ANYWAY!

el oh el wordplay! I vaguely recall it being a pretty good shooter. I think I emulated it through another layer of emulation?

Make money money money!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
there is only one 'ending', but there are many ways to get there....as you will have noticed with the crazy guy and how he lets you know what you did 'wrong'.

Did you end up enjoying it?

I figured that's what the entire sequence was about.

That's a hard question to answer. I still feel that the game was super flawed, in a million ways. However I guess it did have a certain charm to it in between all the dumb fuckery it attempted.

So it's a yes and no.

I do believe I will play the second season once it's all out and on sale. Mostly to see if they change it up at all or keep it much of the same.

Shaneus

The fuckers must have changed it after I bought it. Didn't need a VPN, allowed me to put the region free version in my cart.

In any case it is STILL really cheap at $5.41 rather than $3.15! Otherwise ask someone nicely in the GMG thread if you still want to save that $1.26 and VPN isn't working.
Still didn't work with Paypal even when just trying to buy the ANZ one. That fucking site, I tells ya... I had problems not long ago when something else went on sale and they got back to me about three or four days AFTER the sale finished, saying they "fixed" my account.

WHAT YOU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS? I posted links and everything!
You posted a link to the search that showed up the ANZ one, not the one you were talking about. Ergo, you're as bad as Holy.

Still didn't work with Paypal even when just trying to buy the ANZ one. That fucking site, I tells ya... I had problems not long ago when something else went on sale and they got back to me about three or four days AFTER the sale finished, saying they "fixed" my account.

You posted a link to the search that showed up the ANZ one, not the one you were talking about. Ergo, you're as bad as Holy.

Took 5 tries for it to go through for me. They just run like shit under heavy load.

Also I posted that link in anticipation that they would lock out the region free copy! That way at the time I posted the link it had both, while still meaning the link would work after they realised their mistake (which I hoped that they wouldn't realise).

THE ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT THE EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE SHANEUS

Did you want me to try and buy it for you?

Shaneus

Took 5 tries for it to go through for me. They just run like shit under heavy load.

Also I posted that link in anticipation that they would lock out the region free copy! That way at the time I posted the link it had both, while still meaning the link would work after they realised their mistake (which I hoped that they wouldn't realise).

THE ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT THE EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE SHANEUS
Man, you're certainly getting worked up considering I really only referred to you as another member of AusGAF. You must be taking it as quite the insult!

I wonder how Holy feels about this? Not too flash, I'd imagine.

Who's working today? What are everyone's new year plans?

Like a sucker I am. Though the roads are still dead quiet so can easily drive in which is great.

As for New Years not sure, hopefully something comes up, if not there's supposed to be some decent swell tomorrow so I'm not too bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom