• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, you're certainly getting worked up considering I really only referred to you as another member of AusGAF. You must be taking it as quite the insult!

I wonder how Holy feels about this? Not too flash, I'd imagine.

I'M NOT GETTING WORKED UP

ND8IL.gif

Who's working today? What are everyone's new year plans?
Still undecided. Do I go to the small gathering of boyfriend and his friends? There may be DnD, Rayman origins or munchkin involved. OR do I go to the good ol' house party with other friends?

...wait, so does that mean they know (or knew before you go out and tell them at any rate) that I'm at UQ myself, or that they only knew about the site? ^^;;; In any case, I suppose it's reason enough for me to avoid wearing my Snivy "Haters Gonna Hate" T-Shirt when I've got to visit the Gordon Greenwood building for anything...

I don't think you'd stand out if you wore it anyway :p It is known that someone from Bulbapedia is at UQ, yes.

Rahk said:
Multiple seasons were planned from the outset though.
What about Dexter? I suppose everything seems to be coming together now, but damn there was a lot of dawdling and "well this worked last season, lets do it again!".

Kritz

Banned
I had it ordered on playasia for a day until I realised "wait shit 3ds isn't a real platform, it has region locks" and quickly cancelled.

Maybe I can find it locally...

trinest

So I had a dream last night that Jintor posted information that said Rabbids Rumble was $1 digitally in Australia. Congratulating Sega (and calling the Australian arm by the original name) for been good to the industry. Now during the dream I was trying to reply something to that effect as well, but when I woke up "wait aminute SEGA doesn't publish or develop Rabbids". Awesome that my brain put that in there for me to realise its a dream. Though why the hell Jintor is in my dream I don't know. (that and I think it was the old Avatar too? (was Jintor using one made by that guy who mades the comics?)).

Anyway somewhere I just created an alternative universe because of my dream in which SEGA Australia rised up to become powerful enough to buy back its stake in SEGA then buy SEGA then buy UBISOFT and release Rabbids games for $1 in Australia.

Y'know, I can't for the life of me actually find a copy of VLR for 3DS anywhere on PAL internets. halp.

I'm sure you could preorder it from EB, but I haven't seen it since it supposedly launched. OzGameShop might have it?

Only $25 on PS3/360 from Zavvi (the ones who have been posting them out) but no clue if all orders are being shipped out or just the ones from weeks/months ago. Comes with the Bayonetta DLC!

The one I ordered when you posted that shipped.

Who's working today? What are everyone's new year plans?

Nothing most likely. I wouldn't have realised its New Years tonight if you didn't post that.

I assume my needy wanty friends are still trying to arrange shit that involves trying to bring my brothers friends into the fold, but I think they just said they wanted to come to be nice. I don't blame them.

What about Dexter? I suppose everything seems to be coming together now, but damn there was a lot of dawdling and "well this worked last season, lets do it again!".

And finishing on the 8th season still isn't set in stone, its the direction the writers want to go, but just in case things change I assume the final episodes wont be written. But yeah I read an article after the season 7 finished saying that might be the case.

I had it ordered on playasia for a day until I realised "wait shit 3ds isn't a real platform, it has region locks" and quickly cancelled.

Worst thing about the 3DS. I would of double dipped and got Animal Crossing in Japanese if it didn't have region locking.

Kritz

Banned
I'm sure you could preorder it from EB, but I haven't seen it since it supposedly launched. OzGameShop might have it?

Game isn't even on their site.

"No results found for 'zero escape: virtue's last reward'."

OzGameShop technically have the game on their site, but it's out of stock. And I am not confident that ordering a game that is out of stock will actually make that game exist.

Lots of places only got a small amount of stock for VLR and only seem to be restocking the Vita release for some unknown reason.

OzSave have it for $38 shipped, from the UK but they are usually really quick. Cheapest price around too.

They also have Tales Of The Abyss for $35!

The one I ordered when you posted that shipped.

Damnit, now I really want to buy it :(

trinest

Game isn't even on their site.

"No results found for 'zero escape: virtue's last reward'."

OzGameShop technically have the game on their site, but it's out of stock. And I am not confident that ordering a game that is out of stock will actually make that game exist.

You can get the PSVita version from JB still haahaa
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps-vita/virtues-last-reward/677453

So something bad with the 3DS version for it to disappear?

(Game Lane has it, I assume UK version? http://www.game-lane.com.au/3ds-games/4580-zero-s-escape-virtues-last-reward-3ds.html )

Lots of places only got a small amount of stock for VLR and only seem to be restocking the Vita release for some unknown reason.

OzSave have it for $38 shipped, from the UK but they are usually really quick. Cheapest price around too.

They also have Tales Of The Abyss for $35!

Damnit, now I really want to buy it :(
I don't like how you point out bargins and make me want to buy things. Dam it. I kind of want to get VLR. But it would go on the Parents CC cause I'm broken from when I bought FarCry 3. Already put that other game onto the CC :|

And as for buying Anarchy Reigns, yes, yes you should. (that way if I hate it, and you do too, its your fault). :p

Jintor

So I had a dream last night that Jintor posted information that said Rabbids Rumble was $1 digitally in Australia. Congratulating Sega (and calling the Australian arm by the original name) for been good to the industry. Now during the dream I was trying to reply something to that effect as well, but when I woke up "wait aminute SEGA doesn't publish or develop Rabbids". Awesome that my brain put that in there for me to realise its a dream. Though why the hell Jintor is in my dream I don't know. (that and I think it was the old Avatar too? (was Jintor using one made by that guy who mades the comics?)).

tumblr_m6t89we2jy1r0e5uto2_500.gif

Kritz

Banned
Thanks duders. I did my usual run of stores but didn't think to try some of those UK sites. ... not that it's gonna stop me from asking in here next time. >_>

edit: Unable to initialize Express Checkout. fuck fuck

edit2: paypal sent money and I got an email from them saying I placed an order. welp.

Clipper

I may watch the fireworks. From the roof of my apartment block. I wouldn't be able to get into any other place to see them anyway as I'm flying into Sydney tonight at 10PM...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Does anyone have any movie suggestions for NYE? In the same vein as die hard for christmas?

Since i'm not doing anything tonight and it looks like a bunch of steam users are heading out, I thought I might watch a flick to bring in the new year.

There's a good chance I will fall asleep at 9:30 anyway, like normal.

Holy shit, thanks Darth!

Does anyone have any movie suggestions for NYE? In the same vein as die hard for christmas?

Since i'm not doing anything tonight and it looks like a bunch of steam users are heading out, I thought I might watch a flick to bring in the new year.

Skyfall or Lincoln. Not NYE movies but you should watch them anyway.

:)

hamchan

All three LotR movies, extended editions.

Did them back to back once ROTK EE was released on DVD. I bet some crazy idiot is going to do The Hobbit and LOTR back to back once that's out. It'll be a full day!

That was me last year (movie choice was Summer Wars!)

I'd say go with something like Robocop or Lord of the Rings to bring in the new year.

And no worries Rep!

The Poseidon Adventure.

hamchan

I'll be finishing off Boardwalk Empire Season 3 this afternoon, which is amazing so far, then probably do the LotR thing tonight.

Already went out yesterday, too damn tired.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure/Wayne's World double feature

On the topic of watching a crapload of TV, probably a year after AusGAF originally told me to do it, I've started watching Friday Night Lights again. I was up to season three which put me off with it's over the top melodrama, so I've just started again straight from four. It's pretty good. And it means I've only got a season and a half left to watch before I've finished the whole damn show!

Dead Man

So. Staying home tonight. Yay. Getting old is fun. In other news, Melbourne is still a violent city. Full of wankers. Present company excepted.

senahorse

Strange Days

Been galavanting all over the countryside this past week and a bit so when the wife wanted to travel another 100km away from home for NYE I called her bluff and said I would stay home and she can take the little guy up to her sisters by herself.

She called my bluff :/

In any case the little guy will be asleep before midnight anyway so I won't be missing much!

Planning on making a mark on the stack of beer we have left over from the Christmas dinner while watching moore Bond movies and playing some AssCreeDrei.

Omikron

Time isn't an issue, endless monopoly has seen to that. The main issue is whether the core game is fun and interesting and why

Video review - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wkA0duC_7M

Decide for yourself. Looks like a trade coloured cubes euro with empire building. It is a Martin Wallace designed game though, his stuff tends to be pretty good. Just complex. (Age of Steam etc).

Edit: Speaking of board games though... I have a gift voucher to spend. :)

Omikron

Plan b is risk with ancient gods or catan or Carcassonne

Latter two, sorta depends how many you intend on playing with.

Carcassonne is pretty simple, but a great entry level game that works with 2 (better with more. Settlers needs at least 3 to play.

If you want something more thematic with complex options. Agricola.

Co-op - Flashpoint Fire Rescue, Pandemic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom