• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plan b is risk with ancient gods or catan or Carcassonne
OzGameShop has the Sherlock version of Cluedo for $31 at the moment!

Moonraker is awesome if you consider it a Bond parody. And it has Jaws falling in love, so it's not all bad.

But it is over 2 hours long, takes itself seriously for long boring stretches and nothing fucking happens for the majority of the movie. The space related shit doesn't even start until the last half hour! And the villain is borrrrrrring. Jaws is cool though. It doesn't hit the yummy point of parody unfortunately, just thinks it is being cool when it is being fucking stupid.

Transfer quality is pretty great though!

Moore is sleepwalking through the role though.

Rezbit

They captured the feel of cricket so well.

uFVjL.gif

Dead Man

OzGameShop has the Sherlock version of Cluedo for $31 at the moment!

But it is over 2 hours long, takes itself seriously for long boring stretches and nothing fucking happens for the majority of the movie. The space related shit doesn't even start until the last half hour! And the villain is borrrrrrring. Jaws is cool though. It doesn't hit the yummy point of parody unfortunately, just thinks it is being cool when it is being fucking stupid.

Transfer quality is pretty great though!

Moore is sleepwalking through the role though.
Moore slept through every post 1975 Bond he was in.
They captured the feel of cricket so well.

Bahahaha... jerk :)

BeatTheBomb new deals!

Limited Stock!

SSX on 360 for $10.27 posted! 2 in stock. NOPE SOLD OUT NOW
F1 2010 on 360 for $10.27 posted! 8 in stock.
Final Fantasy 13-2 on 360 for $10.27 posted! 20+ in stock.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 on 360 for $10.27 posted! 9 in stock.
Inversion on 360 for $10.27 posted! 6 in stock.
Ridge Racer Unbounded on 360 for $10.27 posted! 6 in stock.

Once you get it into your cart you have that copy on hold for an hour until you go through checkout.

Got me a SSX copy!

Been galavanting all over the countryside this past week and a bit so when the wife wanted to travel another 100km away from home for NYE I called her bluff and said I would stay home and she can take the little guy up to her sisters by herself.

She called my bluff :/
I don't see how saying that you don't want to go with her in the first place is calling her bluff.

I don't see how your wife saying that you can stay home by yourself is calling your bluff.

Your story is confusing and you make me have a booboo on my happiness.

I don't see how saying that you don't want to go with her in the first place is calling her bluff.

I don't see how your wife saying that you can stay home by yourself is calling your bluff.

Your story is confusing and you make me have a booboo on my happiness.

I called her bluff that she would want to drive all the way out into the countryside again this week when in reality I could tell that she was going over the top to try to get me to recommend going to a NYE thing closer to home. I expected her to back down and just stay at home for NYE as we have had the 3 of us up past midnight like 4 times in the last 7 days.

I'm tired man. I can't be fucked being social again! Whereas she wants to be social. Our poor son is stuck in the middle, having a ball.

I called her bluff that she would want to drive all the way out into the countryside again this week when in reality I could tell that she was going over the top to try to get me to recommend going to a NYE thing closer to home. I expected her to back down and just stay at home for NYE as we have had the 3 of us up past midnight like 4 times in the last 7 days.

I'm tired man. I can't be fucked being social again! Whereas she wants to be social. Our poor son is stuck in the middle, having a ball.
It really does seem like everyone is getting what they want.

Until someone is proven to be taking a stance that they don't believe in / can't substantiate / don't follow through on, no bluffs have been called :I

It really does seem like everyone is getting what they want.

Until someone is proven to be taking a stance that they don't believe in / can't substantiate / don't follow through on, no bluffs have been called :I

Well, I would much prefer to spend the afternoon/evening with the wife and son at home rather than be sitting at home alone (going somewhere local for NYE would be really painful and I just want to relax).

The wife would much prefer to spend NYE with the son and I somewhere closer to home rather than have to spend the night 100km away with 4 kids and her sister (same with she wouldn't want to go to a NYE event closer to home just her and the son).

My son is happy as Larry in any of the 3 situations. He wins out regardless!

Yagharek

It's ok. Went with risk since it's a known quantity and more accessible. If we can get some interest going then I'll look into something like ticket to ride or others as suggested here :)

Danoss

It's ok. Went with risk since it's a known quantity and more accessible. If we can get some interest going then I'll look into something like ticket to ride or others as suggested here :)

Guess I was a bit late, sorry about that. Risk isn't my type of game, but I heard Risk Legacy is actually kinda cool.

If Risk isn't a big hit, don't let that dissuade you or others, there's plenty of great board games out there to enjoy!

Yagharek

Guess I was a bit late. Risk isn't my type of game, but I heard Risk Legacy is actually kinda cool.

Yeah I value your thoughts but seeing how this goes ill come back with more questions if we can get regular games going. Not sure what we can get going so staple games might be the way to go for now.

Rahk

Heading out to watch the fireworks but I'd rather be at home. I've been feeling lethargic all day and fireworks suck.

Did them back to back once ROTK EE was released on DVD. I bet some crazy idiot is going to do The Hobbit and LOTR back to back once that's out. It'll be a full day!

Some crazy idiot reporting. Got to wait 3 more years for it though.

I'll be finishing off Boardwalk Empire Season 3 this afternoon, which is amazing so far, then probably do the LotR thing tonight.

Season 3 was epic, especially towards the end.

So. Staying home tonight. Yay. Getting old is fun. In other news, Melbourne is still a violent city. Full of wankers. Present company excepted.

Not going for the fireworks?

I'm planning to watch them from docklands. Half a million people are expected in the CBD tonight, and it's all a dry zone.

r1chard

Damn nice to be back in Melbourne. Bundaberg was nice but the constant sweating gets tiring :)

The good Thai place is closed tonight tho :-( crap Thai for NYE.

Hope everyone's 2013 is awesome and full of amazing gaming!

More than a few nipples on show during the Bond movies. Strange they slipped through classification.

Although I bet the US versions would have it in big bold letters :/

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Going to glass some cunts tonight, cos shit it's new years.

Gotta get smasssshed.

I hope you all have a safe and happy new year, AusGAF.

Let's see what 2013 can offer after the stinkiness of 2012. Is the only way up? We find out starting tomorrow.

2012 was a pretty good year for me. Did a bunch of stuff.

Also played fewer video games.

I can't tell whether these two things are connected somehow.

like your wife
and made a baby
.... :(
last bad joke of the year
merry christmas everyone
ill try and be less of an idiot in the new year

ps
i watched a bunch of movies just not the ones i set out to

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Finally home.

Spent the whole day in Melbourne watching films at the arthouse theater in carlton. Watched - The Master, Samsara, and Sightseers. Really enjoyed all three. Going write up more detailed impressions on these in the movie thread sometime.

After getting back in the Geelong station my family picked me up and we watched the fireworks go off in geelong.. and now I'm finally home. Only 1 more hour till the fireworks go off where I live.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
How was The Master? Really want to see that.
I really liked The Master which was surprising considering I went in with very low expectations since a few people whom I trust with films didn't think much of it. While I can understand the criticisms; I ultimately found the "core" of the film to be incredibly engaging and emotionally resonate, despite how undeveloped a number of the plot elements in the film and the rather ho-hum ending.

Definitely looking forward to giving it a second viewing when it comes out on blu-ray!

I really liked The Master which was surprising considering I went in with very low expectations since a few people whom I trust with films didn't think much of it. While I can understand the criticisms; I ultimately found the "core" of the film to be incredibly engaging and emotionally resonate, despite how undeveloped a number of the plot elements in the film and the rather ho-hum ending.

Definitely looking forward to giving it a second viewing when it comes out on blu-ray!

Awesome it's a PTA production so I didn't really doubt its quality but with the small release I won't get to see it for some time. His movies should be in every fucking cinema.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom