• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Pics were taken at the hospital. The sent me home. Well i went home coz im swapping hospitals. Ment to get there at 12 a full 20 hours after it happened. Probably go into the or few hours after that. It hurts more now than any point before which is what has me worried. im moving it a lot so dont want to fuck it up more. Iv still had more painfull headaches and sore muscles than this. This is fucking with my mind more though. Had a drip of antibiotics and a tetanus shot because that was like 5 years ago and why not. Keep replaying it in mind and I hate myself for letting it happen. Took me nearly 21 years to cause serious enough injury to myself tbat I needed to go to an er.
Fuuuuck, that's gnarly. Hopefully you get some kind of a cast or sling or something, I hear chicks dig broken fingers.

In other news, I just got back from NYD shenanigans and I'm fucking exhausted. Only got four hours or so sleep Tuesday morning because of the time I got back from Melbourne (it was around 5am) and despite thinking it was going to be an earlyish night after Summadayze, I'm now home at 5:30am and now because it's daylight, I won't be able to get to sleep. And even if I do, because it's rubbish bins tonight and the people who tend the lawns at these units are on holidays, no doubt they'll be mowing and whipper-snippering nice and early. Might have to try and go straight through as much as possible, all the while taking note of just how shot my balance and sense of equilibrium get.

On the bright side, Ridge Racer Unbounded is only $12 for the whole freakin' thing (incl. DLC) on Steam for the next three-and-a-bit hours as a flash sale. That's made me a little happier (though no less rambly... obviously).

I assume when kids turn 5 they go to school. The changes will certainly mean some people go back to work instead of tend house while their child is at school for the day. All the single parents I know work part time, 9am to 3pm. Which is also why our company is crippled in regards to getting shit done, stupid HR not filling placements based upon their available hours >_<

I'm very glad they made the threshold 8 rather than 5, it would be really hard to jump instantly into work as soon as they hit a certain age rather than let the parent ease into work over a few months of not having the child around the house.

Also the $35 thing is lol. Would be easy if you didn't have to pay rent. Although you would have to only count expenses related to her and not her family as a whole as she would be entitled to a lot more than $35 if you take it all into consideration if she was entitled to it.
Hell, when I was at uni for too long and they moved me to the dole from the Student one it was a hefty pay rise! Was very happy about that.

I like all the other changes though.

NOTE: Our family receive money from Centrelink every fortnight, which I never expected when I found out the wife was pregnant.

surgery tomorrow
gaf just ate my post
gory pics and xray here
http://i.imgur.com/bQgEB.png[IMG]
[url]http://imgur.com/a/wUjyy[/url]
ask someone else how it happened[/QUOTE] Holy fuck dude. Hope someone is taking care of you, get that shit sorted ASAP. Turn on the water works if required, just make sure it doesn't get infected.

[quote="Shaneus, post: 45954166"]

On the bright side, Ridge Racer Unbounded is only $12 for the whole freakin' thing (incl. DLC) on Steam for the next three-and-a-bit hours as a flash sale. That's made me a little happier (though no less rambly... obviously).[/QUOTE] I gave the demo a shot and didn't think much of the game so I passed up the 360 version at $10. Let me know what you think though!

[quote="Omi, post: 45956038"]
Edit: $13 Dark Souls. Better be good.[/QUOTE]

Tempted too. Kinda want to hold out for another game this month though as I already own it on 360. I also own Demons Souls. Neither have been touched.

I'm too soft for these games now :(

Omikron

Post Christmas Game Purchases

Dark Souls Retail 3P
Assassin's Creed
World Basketball Manager 2010 - (gift)
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
Home
Hotline Miami
Endless Space - Emperor Special Edition
I Am Alive

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Be prepared for a janky game that is intentionally obtuse, wants you to fail, requires grinding...

... and is awesome.

What's janky about dark souls? it plays better than most action rpgs, and the animations are excellent.

Auspost lost our company's express post parcel posted on christmas eve :(

It had assignment forms with a value of roughly $40,000.

They have offered to refund $13 for the express post service :/

H2Yo

Jesus, look at this deal at Big W!

bgw_prod_j00523610_c_001_r01_012_PFT.jpg

250GB Xbox 360 Bundle.
+ Forza 4
+ Skyrim
+ Far Cry 3
+ Max Payne 3
+ Halo 4

For $338?!?!

Shaneus

WHY AM I IN THE OFFICE TODAY AAAGH.

As Clive said, uploading the 1,000th comic is some kind of...thing. A testament to how I could have used my time more wisely perhaps?

Super Ox Wars is free on iOS today. You should get it. It's a really neat shooter if you liked old school vertically scrolling sh'mups before they all turned into anime coated bullet hell fests
not that there's anything wrong with that
It also supports iCade, if that's your thing.

Also, given the age we're living in, comic number 1,000 means nothing. You still have another 24 to do.

(edit: I actually just read the whole thing... poignant. I like it :) )

Not n my experience.
He's possibly talking about the fact you need the patch by that GAF guy (whose name escapes me) to allow one to play it outside of a 1024x480 resolution or something.

Isn't the performance incredibly patchy?
Get the GAF mods for it and it should be fine.

Auspost lost our company's express post parcel posted on christmas eve :(

It had assignment forms with a value of roughly $40,000.

They have offered to refund $13 for the express post service :/

Never ever ever ever use AusPost if you want your package to arrive. Most businesses use Toll or AAE. Even when it is one single bit of paper we will send it in a Toll bag at a cost of like $15. :/

Gazunta

Interesting to note that in that bundle Skyrim is given to you as a DLC code which means that none of that money goes to its local distributors.

Just thought that was interesting.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Microsoft always has awesome deals for their consoles. Remember the massive entertainment pack for the Xbox? :O

mandiller

I just picked up a Wii U with EB Games's $388 deal. Do we have a spreadsheet going for ausgaf Nintendo Network IDs? My ID is mandiller if you want to add me.

Also, has anyone been playing Black Ops 2 on Wii U? Is it fairly lag free and easy to get a game going? I'm a little worried about the size of the community, but the off-screen gamepad gameplay is enticing.

JB sold a 3DS XL at $119. Not sure if it was pricematch or what.

Also, has anyone been playing Black Ops 2 on Wii U? Is it fairly lag free and easy to get a game going? I'm a little worried about the size of the community, but the off-screen gamepad gameplay is enticing.
GAF impressions have been positive. Community grew quite a lot over Christmas. Seems like a worthwhile pickup if it isn't too expensive.

Sydney pitch.... Aus going with 4 pace bowlers and Lyon.

Wut.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Jesus, look at this deal at Big W!

bgw_prod_j00523610_c_001_r01_012_PFT.jpg

250GB Xbox 360 Bundle.
+ Forza 4
+ Skyrim
+ Far Cry 3
+ Max Payne 3
+ Halo 4

For $338?!?!

yeah i got mine from jb 299 with forza 4, skyrim, halo 4 and dukenukem forever. and HDMI cables.

great time

Best of luck, Arnie. I still have no idea what the fuck happened...

What's janky about dark souls? it plays better than most action rpgs, and the animations are excellent.
Notwithstanding the PC port, which I haven't played, the whole thing feels low quality. The textures are poor, I find the control scheme is often odd (press right, then Y, then LB to use the bow in first person, that's easy to remember when things are hectic! Leaving a message is overbearingly difficult), enemies do stupid things like run off platforms, almost nothing is explained (I get that some of this is intentional, but IMO they don't explain nearly enough to understand what decisions you need to make), I personally think the respawning mechanic was done because they don't know how to make a better game and wanted to increase the time it takes to play, framerate on 360 is terrible at times.

Not to say they somehow didn't make an enjoyable game, but I feel there is a LOT of room for improvement.

Danoss

We're meant to ask someone else, but we have no idea who that other someone might be. They're not piping up voluntarily either.

I'm going to assume he was slicing the Christmas ham and he slipped, cutting himself. Then he fell to the ground in pain and the ham fell on top of his hand, breaking the bone. He promptly got up and ran around grasping the injured hand in the other yelling, "My finger! My finger!" while Yakety Sax played in the background.

The only bone I've ever broken (well, fractured to be specific) was my finger. It's not that bad really, considering it wasn't until about 15 minutes later that I suspected something was wrong, even then it wasn't so bad and the abrasions caused considerably more pain than the bone did. Arnie would be in far more pain from that nasty gash than the bone, which should subside in another day or two, going by the injuries my body has sustained as well as those I have intentionally inflicted.

Whatever the real story is, assuming that my version of the event is wildly inaccurate, I hope it's interesting. I'm sure all will be fine in the surgery Arnie, but good luck anyway.

Rezbit

We're meant to ask someone else, but we have no idea who that other someone might be.

I'm going to assume he was slicing the Christmas ham and he slipped, cutting himself. Then he fell to the ground in pain and the ham fell on top of his hand, breaking the bone. He promptly got up and ran around grasping the injured hand in the other yelling, "My finger! My finger!" while Yakety Sax played in the background.

The only bone I've ever broken (well, fractured to be specific) was my finger. It's not that bad really, considering it wasn't until about 15 minutes later that I suspected something was wrong, and the abrasions caused considerably more pain than the bone did. Arnie would be in far more pain from that nasty gash than the bone, which should subside in another day or two, going by the injuries my body has sustained as well as those I have intentionally inflicted.

Whatever the real story is, assuming that my version of the event is wildly inaccurate, I hope it's interesting. I'm sure all will be fine in the surgery Arnie, but good luck anyway.

Hahahaha! Yakety Sax is always funny.

I think he was cleaning a pond at his place and he dropped a boulder on his finger or something. The picture was pretty gross, it had those little balls of like fat or whatever they are. Nasty.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい

Notwithstanding the PC port, which I haven't played, the whole thing feels low quality. The textures are poor, I find the control scheme is often odd (press right, then Y, then LB to use the bow in first person, that's easy to remember when things are hectic! Leaving a message is overbearingly difficult), enemies do stupid things like run off platforms, almost nothing is explained (I get that some of this is intentional, but IMO they don't explain nearly enough to understand what decisions you need to make), I personally think the respawning mechanic was done because they don't know how to make a better game and wanted to increase the time it takes to play, framerate on 360 is terrible at times.

Not to say they somehow didn't make an enjoyable game, but I feel there is a LOT of room for improvement.

I think this part is wrong, because it takes away from the design choices that intentionally do save time on part of the player like bonfires, shortcuts in areas etc. Not having re-spawning enemies would actually make the game easier than it ought to be. Plus not to mention that only certain types of enemies re-spawn anyway.

Don't get your complaints with the controls, I personally can't imagine a game like this with tighter controls so eh. And the lack of explanation for "things" is part of the charm to the series, it encourages open discussion between players off-game, creates a sense of mystery and dread to the world, as well as promoting experimentation and stuff on part of the game-play.

Edit. Oh yeah, one point about the controls, I'm pretty sure the controls are intentionally designed so the process of switching between melee to ranged isn't so smooth when things get hectic! :p

Shaneus

it was free!

and 5 copies of we dare for ps3 lol.
All it cost was your SOUL.

Best concert? Be a toss-up between Daft Punk for pure spectacle coupled with great music, or Stevie Wonder for the best, tightest musical performance that's possible in any setting, whether it be live or studio.

There may be others, but I cannot recall them at this time.

Dead Man

also, best concert you have been to??

for me, daft punk

Faith No More, Angel Dust tour at Thebarton Theatre in Adelaide, Entertainment centre was being dicks so they had to use a venure that only held about a thousand people. Awesome stuff. Or NIN/Bowie in Portland in the US. That was a better idea than execution though.

Still haven't seen Daft Punk :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom