• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with you being angry because of a perceived double standard but please don't pass it off as "I'm offended on behalf of the mental health industry and using such a a term is a far more egregious crime that my mere 'go fuck yourself'" when in reality, you were both acting like idiots and both deserved a ban. However, you're also making a case where two posts in two separate threads that were posted about 5 weeks apart as a concrete proof

The problem with such a large community that is managed by a group of unpaid moderators that work to (I'm assuming) fairly loose set of unwritten rules is that you're going to get inconsistencies. Lots of them. You're also going to have personal biases come into play. There's no real governing body regulating the moderators and any complaints filed to the moderators themselves are going to be handled through the lens of whatever is happening in that person's life at that moment.

Seeing the phrase "mentally disabled" may have been seen as being in poor taste or perhaps the mod had had a bad day/didn't see it for a long time/ whatever. Telling someone to go fuck themselves along with using the term knob and idiot is another matter.

I'm not saying it's good that there are consistencies. Really, I'm not. However, when you have done the wrong thing then bitch and moan about how other people are doing the wrong thing and going unpunished it's a bit much.

PM the mod that you originally made the complain to, ask for clarification. Enter into polite discourse and see if that helps you reach a satisfying conclusion. Leave the public bellyaching alone. It doesn't help you case and it doesn't fix the problem with which you have the issue.

Edit: Oh, fuckinghell. Account suicide has been attained. He is gone again.

By the way, his Twitter handle is (still) a reference to his first GAF ban.
I can't imagine the situation where everyone didn't know the reason for one of Choc's bans. I assume the mod believed that the reason so blatant that they didn't want to waste their time stating the obvious.

Fredescu

I can't imagine the situation where everyone didn't know the reason for one of Choc's bans. I assume the mod believed that the reason so blatant that they didn't want to waste their time stating the obvious.
They put the reason in the first time, but then extended the ban and reapplied it and I guess the second time forgot to put the reason in, or didn't bother to. This was a pretty big deal to Choc. As many inconsequential things are.

Rezbit

CHOC WHY

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

08u05.gif

Pourin' one out

PS. If you have that Editor's Choice credit at Amazon, you can use it on Hotline Miami to get it for the grand total cost of... free!
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like XCOM can be nabbed for $20 if using that credit (I think I have it, better double check), which is pretty good price considering GMG's new "ANZ" pricing.

Honestly the one time I was surprised that someone didn't get banned was you in that "all Australians are racist" thread.
I'm surprised I didn't get banned for trolling a "Cheap XBL" thread with statements about how cheap it was when compared to the games that were part of the Instant Game Collection and then trolled the guy that took exception to my trolling.

What I wouldn't have done is bitched about the people that did get away with doing the wrong thing.

Cmon these guys have been round longer than me, they don't remember the Dragona days? I was in constant fear of being a perma banned junior that i rarely posted which lead to being a junior for ages.

Fredescu

Cmon these guys have been round longer than me, they don't remember the Dragona days? I was in constant fear of being a perma banned junior that i rarely posted which lead to being a junior for ages.
Apparently part of the Dragona problem was her partner using her account to ban people too. But yeah, GAF moderation is better than it used to be.

Sweet, got a sinus infection blockage something. Isn't a blood clot which seemed the other likely one. Endone and antiinflamitories all round!

Also what the hell happened in here over the last 6 hours!?!

I don't think it's permanent as his avatar is till there. Don't avatars get deleted from permabanned accounts?
Yep.?

Would hate to see Choc's reaction if he noticed a car speeding passed while he was getting a ticket for doing the same. The poor officer.

SO GUYS HOW ABOUT SOME VIDEO GAMES HUH?

Was the Steam Sale God kind to you?

Have bought a few things, but really at this point I own just about everything I want on Steam.

Best video game thing recently was my physical copy of Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams turning up yesterday.

Gazunta

OH SHIT THAT'S RIGHT! I forgot my copy arrived today! I haven't even opened it yet been so busy at work!

OHHHH MY GOD I AM SO EXCITE

I mean sure I already have the game installed but MAN

GIANA SISTEEEEEEERS

*fistbumps Box of Bunnies*

hamchan

Hey guys, guys, guys.

Fuck off.

I actually think getting banned off GAF would be kinda liberating. Like, instead of browsing GAF I would look up how to solve complex, mathematical problems or maybe start writing my future top 10 bestseller novel.

Also Wario is totally right about that LTTP thread. It seems that LTTP isn't used to be late to playing games now but used because one thinks their opinion is more important than everyone else's so they should get their own thread.

Hey guys, guys, guys.

Fuck off.

I actually think getting banned off GAF would be kinda liberating. Like, instead of browsing GAF I would look up how to solve complex, mathematical problems or maybe start writing my future top 10 bestseller novel.

What really happens is you just browse without being able to post

Yagharek

Also Wario is totally right about that LTTP thread. It seems that LTTP isn't used to be late to playing games now but used because one thinks their opinion is more important than everyone else's so they should get their own thread.

This is where I call a Poe.

The bird is the word.

Also Derrick is well known for having very strong views on the importance of his opinion. The LTTP thread isn't surprising but I would hope one of the less PC worshipping mods would have explained why it should have a different title and rename it.

Yagharek

The bird is the word.

Also Derrick is well known for having very strong views on the importance of his opinion. The LTTP thread isn't surprising but I would hope one of the less PC worshipping mods would have explained why it should have a different title and rename it.

I dont mind opinionated posters so long as they are civil and interesting. Sometimes they become hard to stomach in high frequency like shinobido, cambria rising or shuri. But then I just stop clicking their threads and since mine and their interests rarely overlap its not a problem.

Incidentally, I'm still yet to see Hitman in the shops so I thought it wasnt out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom