• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Pretty much. As soon as it hit 5:50 Cowan piped up and started chirping.

Said it before, but Bird is made for test cricket!

Two perfect sentences from Rezbit, haha. Cowan chirping is no surprise, he will be hoping for a good night's sleep and that the Sri Lankan's forget.

Bird has made a massive impression so far. Only downside is his selection may mean the Shield is a lost cause for Tassie.

Anyone here had a crack at ZOE HD on PS3?

Worth it or is it a bad port?
I've not played it myself, but the reports that I heard were good. Both games are short (I think 4 or 5 hours for ZOE1 and maybe a couple of hours on top of that figure for ZOE2) and mechanically hold up well. Being the sequel, ZOE stands up much better graphically and is, because of the nature of most iterative games is also mechanically superior. Worth it if you can get it cheap.

Doubly worth it if you want to Revengerant up, too.

I've not played it myself, but the reports that I heard were good. Both games are short (I think 4 or 5 hours for ZOE1 and maybe a couple of hours on top of that figure for ZOE2) and mechanically hold up well. Being the sequel, ZOE stands up much better graphically and is, because of the nature of most iterative games is also mechanically superior. Worth it if you can get it cheap.

Doubly worth it if you want to Revengerant up, too.

I haven't played em either but I remembered this gaf thread

ZoE HD Collection Performance Analysis (It's Bad, Especially On PS3)

Yagharek

I'm going to play some Shinobido 2 tonight. Who was wanting impressions? As a big fan of Tenchu 1, I'll mainly be posting in context of that.

Todays arrivals!
20130103_205101harpr.jpg

Pikmin 2 for $10 from Sanity (10 days delivery).
Leapster Explorer (2nd newest model behind the GS) for $35 from FishPondUSA (16 days delivery from the US).

gogzbu0x.jpg

$11.92 on Rollercoaster 2 Pack, Phantasmagoria 1&2, Gabriel Knight 2&3 (RC2 was $5 at half price :/)

The damn cat spends 80% of its open eyed time chasing it's tail >_<

Jintor

blue bottles

help me deek i can't stop thinking about persona 4. I already true ended it with epilogue and everything but i want to go back and get the platinum, that's going to involve like another GOD DAMN SIXTY HOURS while POURING OVER FAQS so I don't run out of god damn social linking time or miss out on books and shit

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Twice tonight my PC has locked up due to AssCee3. Can't remember the last game that did it to me.

Second time was just trying to bring up the map and it looped loading infinitely. >_<

Yagharek

I did.

I liked all the PS1 games, and even enjoyed the original Xbox one.

Played an hour so far. Impressions are generally good but it is quite easy to start off with.

Pros: Visuals are sharp. Controls are solid (I turned off rear touchpad). Audio is excellent via headphones. Mission variety is good (assassination, delivery, kill-em-all). Character movement is very fast.

Cons: very easy and missions are more like 5 minute vignettes so far, rather than 30 minute ordeals. Hopefully they get more involved later on. Enemy AI is exploitable (ie same routines as Tenchu).

It feels like a Tenchu game though, only in bite size chunks. More impressions to follow throughout the week. :)

Todays arrivals!
20130103_205101harpr.jpg

Pikmin 2 for $10 from Sanity (10 days delivery).
Leapster Explorer (2nd newest model behind the GS) for $35 from FishPondUSA (16 days delivery from the US).

gogzbu0x.jpg

$11.92 on Rollercoaster 2 Pack, Phantasmagoria 1&2, Gabriel Knight 2&3 (RC2 was $5 at half price :/)

The damn cat spends 80% of its open eyed time chasing it's tail >_<

i want your cat

Shaneus

By the way, his Twitter handle is (still) a reference to his first GAF ban.
Fuuuck, so that's what it means. Makes sense!
Sweet, got a sinus infection blockage something. Isn't a blood clot which seemed the other likely one. Endone and antiinflamitories all round!
Exactly what happened, man? I had something similar and I think I'm 99% over it, but my ear still gets blocked every so often and my hearing goes all funny. Only happened since I got over my cold a few weeks ago :/

markot

Banned
Dota 2
- Added Australia server region.
Dota 2
Dota 2
Dota 2
Dota 2
Dota 2

hamchan

Dota 2
Dota 2
Dota 2
Dota 2
Dota 2
Dota 2

HOLY SHIT YES

Kritz

Banned
Conversely I think I Am Alive is one of the worst games I played last year with its ridiculous mechanics clashing with the harsh apocalyptic tone, the droll combat puzzles that have an extremely exploitable solution, the completely fucked difficulty curve for the final level, and the thought that they were ever going to make more of these games so they didn't bother resolving the story threads they started with. That said, when you're not playing George of the Jungle, web-slinging across building gaps, or emulating a Nathan Drake stunt screaming WHAOOOOAAAOOOOOOOOAAHHH jumping out of some building, or playing swapsies between your gun and bow to kill a room of 10 people, the game can still awe you with some sweet visuals of a ruined city, and evokes a decent Dead Rising feeling with its pseudo open world.

1/5 VIDEO GAME POINTS - INTERNETREVIEWMAN.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom