• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

dramaaaa!!

re dark souls: I've gotten stuck numerous times and have gone back double numerous times. I think the last place I gave up was after the poison swaps, got kinda hard:/ I want to play it, just need time I guess.

Kritz

Banned
so clearly choc should post a doctored image of twitter showing he only got a two week ban. That's how it works, right?

According to this picture he posted on Twitter:
K0Xr8.jpg
The most valuable poster on NeoGAF has been lost. Even less reason to venture into Gaming now.

Will have to keep up to date on Twitter now :/

EDIT: Oh awesome another troll! I was shocked a mod would be so harsh so good to see it was only 2 weeks!

Am now picturing a meeting of cloaked, hooded GAF elders in a dark room discussing the fate of the plebs. Decisions end with a universal "so say we all".

hamchan

Ban Wario but no perm please. :-(

Even though he loves trolling he is more helpful, more entertaining and just a better poster in general than the majority of dullards seen on the gaming side of the forum.

Then on his Twitter he posted a manipulated image that said he was permed, which derailed a thread pretty badly with people getting outraged just like Planet_JASE is right here.
Good sir, I can most assuredly attest to my reaction being nothing close to outrage. Outrage is reserved for situations like I faced but the other night when a dinner companion suggested a white zinfandel to accompany our dinner. As you could imagine, while my words were measured, they were as barbed as a Winston Churchill retort.

If nothing else, my reaction could well have been described as fear, due to the response not matching the infraction. The sort of fear I reserve for whenever I'm alone in the presence of a hired hand that is well-known to want to engage their betters in a conversation about the inane drudgery of which their life consists.

Outrage? No, my good man, it was not.

Megasoum

Banned
Ban Wario but no perm please. :-(

Even though he loves trolling he is more helpful, more entertaining and just a better poster in general than the majority of dullards seen on the gaming side of the forum.

Yeah I agree and personally I hope he gets to come back too.

In a way I'm relieved that he wasn't actually perm-banned for the original LTTP thing (it would have been one hell of a ban considering the infraction) but at the same time it was really dumb to do that on twitter so I'll wait and see what the mods decide to do, it's their "job" to run the forums and I trust them to decide of the proper course of action.

Anyway, sorry for the slight OT post from a Canadian, I'll let you guys go back on topic about everything happening down under lol.

Rezbit

Yeah, yesterday was sooo bad. Made the mistake of going to the beach and got burnt quite badly

Rookie error! I stayed out of the sun most of the day until I met up with some friends at the pub at 6. Luckily it had a *slight* bit of AC in there. Hopefully all those bushfires are dying down.

Kritz

Banned
I went to see Wreckit Ralph in hobart at 7 and by that time it was cool enough to simply exist outside. And the cinemas were nice and chilly. Entire city smelled like smoke from the north.

Only went out once during the peak of it to bring in the animals and give them some water. The cats didn't seem too stressed out but the dog looked like he was about to keel over.

I'm heading over to eastern shore for a day or two to see my mother, and she's in one of those new blocks down um, Tanmaree? The entire back of that hill is just bushland so hopefully nothing starts there.

Jintor

Two things:

a) Stupid grossly overinflated PSN prices. $13 for Tomba and Tomba II, barely stomachable. Fucking $50 for Persona 3 Portable? I paid less than that for Persona 4 Golden, and that's including shipping and handling! It's a fucking digital release, you pricks!

b) Is Fire Emblem Awakening coming out in AU next month, or is that just NA and we're fucked as usual

Two things:

a) Stupid grossly overinflated PSN prices. $13 for Tomba and Tomba II, barely stomachable. Fucking $50 for Persona 3 Portable? I paid less than that for Persona 4 Golden, and that's including shipping and handling! It's a fucking digital release, you pricks!

b) Is Fire Emblem Awakening coming out in AU next month, or is that just NA and we're fucked as usual
a) Closed systems with no competition are great, aren't they? I still have possession of a lot of PS1 games and would love to have them on my Vita. I am not paying up to $10-15 for them. They should all be under $10 (really, more like $5 and under) so I can pick them up for a couple of dollars during sales.

It's so short sighted, too. If the games were dollars-a-pop, I would probably impulse buy a shittonne of games. $15.95 for Castlevania: SotN? I cannot imagine any justifiable reason for those prices, outside of opportunism.

b) I think it's just NA.

Deeku

FE 3ds is really good, y'all with 3ds's should get it!

jint stay off the personas for a while, it's for your own good!

Deeku

holy crap:O

well, at least you're on the same game. you don't wana venture off into the other games and get series burnout by the time P5 hits.

Jintor

I'm trying to slow down, but this might take a concentrated effort or something major like uni starting up again or me getting actual work

actually, writing articles is about the only thing drawing me away from P4G at the moment

Ningo

Went to some pretentious place called Saldechin or something opposite work for drinks last night, sign out the front saying escape the heat and enjoy happy hour specials 5-7.

One bloke working the bar, taking his time doing his wankery spinning bottles etc when all I want is a jack and coke.

Almost as hot inside as out, by design I am assuming. The only specials were $5 off wanky cocktails, their long island ice tea was $30?

To top it off you needed to go to the back of the place, through a door, right, left, through a door, left, down a flight of stairs, right, left just to get to the bathroom and hope as hell you remembered the way back.

Then someone started to wank away on their saxamaphone, wanker.

But other than that, it was ok.

markot

Banned
What about me?

I hate that ad.

It pisses me off and it isn't fair.

Can't you see.

Its got nothing to do.

With your cheap clothes targettttttt.

Also Shannon knoll is so 1999...

Ningo

Anywhere that calls itself a tearoom AND a martini bar is somewhere to stay far, far away from.

Yea we only went there because it was the closest place to the office and we didn't want to spontaneously combust on the way to anywhere that was further.

Felt sorry for half the people that were with us, they had to catch buses home because of the electrification works on the railway lines.

I have physical copies of dishonored, ass cred 3 and far cry 3 sitting uninstalled and unplayed but what I decided to do is download skyrim again lol

Dead Man

What about me?

I hate that ad.

It pisses me off and it isn't fair.

Can't you see.

Its got nothing to do.

With your cheap clothes targettttttt.

Also Shannon knoll is so 1999...

That song in general pisses me off. Utterly unAustralian. Unless whining and moaning about not having enough is the Australian thing to do, which it appears to be these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom