• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Omikron

Looks like AusGAF is celebrating the incoming wave of new consoles by investing in gaming PC's.

Hells yeah.

Another good night of L4D2 tonight 8)

Took us a while to get through the ending of Parish, Jambo decided after I picked him up from a ledge he would fall down again. I left him behind.

Wild guess, but did your thumb get more of a workout doing that than playing a game like Hyper Olympics?

I would love to be a fly in the wall in the VO recording sessions when Keifer has to read the script
jack-bauer-cry-o.gif

why stop at one?

Keifer being told they are ready for him in the recording booth

jack-bauer-captive-o.gif

Keifer listening to a playback of Otacon's dialogue
tumblr_mkhupjb5Iz1qciu18o3_250.gif

Keifer after the money has cleared
tumblr_m56pnn6TmN1r011tlo1_250.gif

Danoss

After discovering that the documentary Chasing Ice was available the other day, I grabbed it and was able to sit down tonight to watch it.

It documents a photographer's (James Balog) vision and effort to document the effect global warming is having on some of Earth's glaciers and ice sheets. Some of you may have seen a previous TED talk he has given or something to that effect, but this is the first time I have seen anything like it.

I know AusGAF is full to the brim with intelligent people and none of you need any convincing that global warming is a reality. This shows how devastating the effect really is and I cannot put it into words, it's something you'll have to see for yourself; even that doesn't seem like enough given that they have to explain the scale of the damage taking place before your eyes on screen.

I would call what I saw upsetting because that's how I felt watching it, but that hardly does it any justice. You can look at all the facts and figures and think "yeah, it's pretty bad", and then you see this. It's fucked. You should watch it.

Shaneus

After discovering that the documentary Chasing Ice was available the other day, I grabbed it and was able to sit down tonight to watch it.

It documents a photographer's (James Balog) vision and effort to document the effect global warming is having on some of Earth's glaciers and ice sheets. Some of you may have seen a previous TED talk he has given or something to that effect, but this is the first time I have seen anything like it.
Man, I thought it was going to be about a day in the life of a typical Geelong adolescent with a title like that :/

You guys know that jamón is just the Spanish word for ham, right? I keep reading the thread thinking I've stumbled on a family reunion.

Me da asco el jamón. Mi madre me mandaba a la escuela cada día con sandwich de jamón y queso para almuerzo en mi bolsón. En terminos de productos de carne preservada, prefiero mucho más los chorizos.

You guys know that jamón is just the Spanish word for ham, right? I keep reading the thread thinking I've stumbled on a family reunion.

Me da asco el jamón. Mi madre me mandaba a la escuela cada día con sandwich de jamón y queso para almuerzo en mi bolsón. En terminos de productos de carne preservada, prefiero mucho más los chorizos.
Yeah, I know jamón is ham, but it just feels right this way. Saw a mistranslated menu yesterday that said a soup had jam, which was fun.

¿Sandwich? ¡Bocadillo!
That's all I understood really, well, jamón, queso, chorizo, preservada, products, carne... quite a few words really. I punched it into Google Translate, like I've been doing with all three menus in Spain, so I kind of got the gist (chorizo probably is better).

Gazunta

Hey Gazunta... here's a photo taken from an upcoming Jimmy Fallon episode during "video games week":

The logo on that t-shirt looks miiiighty familiar ;)
HHHHNNNGGGGNNNNNNN I WILL PAY ANY AND ALL MONIES FOR THAT SHIRT

Well I need one about five sizes up from that but still

jambo

Had some good fun last night with AusGAF L4D2!

B82C1427AF19220FA3F435C76B577D8824E2053D

Megadrive went a little bit crazy with the chainsaw...

D5D9D7C77CBC52EFE9F9F33270E246D44907CEAB

Loving the custom gun models from the Workshop, especially the ones by Doktor Haus

A065D7431DE23013EF22C4C3E9031EDD7FB91249

Lots and lots of dead zombies

2C0C72B1974F197031ED2383159BDBDC90336A11

But we didn't make it

Killed a lot of zombies, and did the final bridge run of Parish about 5 times before finishing it with only 2 survivors.

Oh cool 0mi made it to the heli with me, thought it was Mega for some reason. Adrenaline/pipe bomb combo at that last leg really made it super easy to get to the heli. Although I had already legged it past you guys so it didn't help everyone :/

Fuse on 360 for $33 posted bomba for everyone

Found a bar in Seville that has Westvleteren XII. Didn't buy it (15 euros a bottle) but damn if I wasn't tempted. Instead i tried a few other beers on my list. The bar was recommended to me in the beer GAF thread. I expect to see it in Belgium for 6-8 euros a bottle, but there's no guarantee since it's incredibly hard to get. The wife said she was OK with me getting it tonight but I decided to wait a couple of days.

Ah hell I'll probably go back tomorrow, cost be damned.

Would still love to be playing L4D2. :(

Omikron

Had some good fun last night with AusGAF L4D2!

Killed a lot of zombies, and did the final bridge run of Parish about 5 times before finishing it with only 2 survivors.

Need more screencaps of my 38% accuracy 12% headshots from The Passing game 8)

Oh cool 0mi made it to the heli with me, thought it was Mega for some reason. Adrenaline/pipe bomb combo at that last leg really made it super easy to get to the heli. Although I had already legged it past you guys so it didn't help everyone :/

Yer, adrenaline is gold at that point.

I always thought Jamon was made from a special type of black pig raised on a diet of acorns from birth. Or is that just the Iberico Jamon or something. That's the good stuff.

jambo

First post in here. How exciting.

Just ordered a Wii U from Big W for $348. Premium. They have the Basic for $278 I think it was.

NEW GUY!

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins?
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013 killing 3rd party support for the WiiU?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time.

Jintor

Has anyone got Netflix working on their tablet in this region or anything? I feel the overpowering urge to watch venture brothers and the wire. Anime not doing it for me this week.

I usually rock the M4 or AK47 so my shots will be a bit more sprayed than with a shotgun. Pistols tend to be a spam weapon for me too lol.
I'm up for more tonight, just not so late this time!

Omikron

I usually rock the M4 or AK47 so my shots will be a bit more sprayed than with a shotgun. Pistols tend to be a spam weapon for me too lol.
I'm up for more tonight, just not so late this time!

No chance tonight, WCQ tonight! :D

7.30pm kick off, or 8.30pm if you want to watch on SBS!

mandiller

Is it just me or does the whole Gillard Vs. Rudd stuff sound like the most fabricated bullshit this side of the Merdoch Press? Who the hell would want to vote for Tony Abbot?

/shotsfired

I'm sure most of the Gillard Vs Rudd stuff actually comes from Labor MPs themselves. The media whip it up, but it does actually come from somewhere and has a basis in reality.

teekun

I'm sure most of the Gillard Vs Rudd stuff actually comes from Labor MPs themselves. The media whip it up, but it does actually come from somewhere and has a basis in reality.

I don't doubt there are probably a few MPs who aren't happy with the leadership, but the media treat every single murmur as a news story worth covering. Ever since the first attempted coup by Rudd, leadership takeovers have been the narrative of choice for covering Labor politics.

As a general rule, the media needs to stop covering rumours and speculation and get back to covering actual policy.

Fredescu

I definitely plan to watch it, but I really have to be in the right mood to watch these things or I end up just getting depressed rather than angry. Angry is better!

3DS games

The Citizen Kane of controllers
PA Report said:
It felt like the first time I touched a girl’s breast in the backseat of a car with fogged up windows, scared that her parents were going to fling the door open and start yelling at me. I wanted to grab the controller and run. I wanted to nuzzle it against my face and ask it who is a good controller? Who is a good controller? You’re a good controller, you sexy thing, you.
PA Report said:
Yesterday I felt my next child move for the first time. I felt her tiny feet kick through my wife's belly, my hand finally being given its first tactile evidence that my child is alive and healthy. That experience was several steps higher than feeling the PlayStation 4 controller for the first time but, damnit, they were closer than I'm comfortable admitting.

lexi

Banned
That's what we in the industry call some gross motherfucking hyperbole, son

I really hate the overwrought analogies and metaphors, games journalism has been getting steadily worse with this shit.

They all showed up at once. Anyone want a cheapish silver 3DS XL before I send it back?

Can't say I'm not tempted. I have GOT to stop spending money, goddamn. My Macbook Air will be arriving in the next few days.

Fredescu

I just checked and "cheapish" is exactly $181.59. Plus an $8 Auspost satchel if you're not in Sydney. Will probably send it back on Thursday.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I just checked and "cheapish" is exactly $181.59. Plus an $8 Auspost satchel if you're not in Sydney. Will probably send it back on Thursday.

evlquibbit do i wants freds 3DS XL ?
12:10 Fogz yes you do
12:10 evlquibbit ok

I have no need for it but sure. Hook me up fred. I wouldn't mind adding something to the console collection.

Shaneus

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
4-hours into The Last of Us. I'm genuinely impressed, the narrative and atmosphere reminds me a lot of Children of Men which is a VERY good thing. The gameplay is also fun, and impressive in how Joel actually controls like a everyman unlike Nathan Drake, although like the Uncharted series, I'm not so sure if this is going lend itself to multiple playthroughs. Good thing I'm only renting it in this case, should end up being one hell of a experience.

Yeah, I know jamón is ham, but it just feels right this way. Saw a mistranslated menu yesterday that said a soup had jam, which was fun.

¿Sandwich? ¡Bocadillo!
That's all I understood really, well, jamón, queso, chorizo, preservada, products, carne... quite a few words really. I punched it into Google Translate, like I've been doing with all three menus in Spain, so I kind of got the gist (chorizo probably is better).
The meaning of bocadillo might be different in Spain. To me, the word mean's "morsel" or "snack", even "finger food".

Top Bottom