• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

You not watching it live, I thought you did. I only caught the first half at lunch, so am keeping track by web score only. Couldn't wait til i got home after watching the first half.

I am watching it! Don't spoil Jase though!

Imma have a fucking heart attack over here! Duncan looks tired as shit!

I am watching it! Don't spoil Jase though!

Imma have a fucking heart attack over here! Duncan looks tired as shit!
Thanks for the thought but I haven't followed the NBA the past couple of years. I'm not entirely sure who's playing and what stage of the finals they're at.

I assume it's the final finals and that the Spurs are playing.

I also know that the Lakers aren't in it because my friend follows them and I've subsisted off a diet of his salty, salty man tears.

Frawdder

PAX Aus ticket arrived.

Handed in my last assignment for the semester.

Watching an amazing game 6 of the NBA Finals.

Today is a good day.

Fredescu

What games should i be looking at for my new 3DS XL?

Guessing I should try and find some second hand stuff from ebay for cheap games.

I got Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars from Target for $4. It's supposed to be some kind of TBS but I haven't tried it yet. Been playing NSMB2.

Gazunta

What games should i be looking at for my new 3DS XL?

Guessing I should try and find some second hand stuff from ebay for cheap games.

Luigi's Mansion 2, NSMB 2, Animal Crossing and Super Mario 3D Land are your first port of calls

And then find Ghost Recon for like $10 somewhere. Sooo goood.

BASEKETBALL
I FUCKING HATE BASKETBALL >_<

Y U PLAYIN MANU SO MUCH POP?

Thanks for the thought but I haven't followed the NBA the past couple of years. I'm not entirely sure who's playing and what stage of the finals they're at.

I assume it's the final finals and that the Spurs are playing.

I also know that the Lakers aren't in it because my friend follows them and I've subsisted off a diet of his salty, salty man tears.

Bernbaum?

Ignignort

Hey guys, if anyone wants to add me for Animal Crossing please do! This is really the first time I've used my XL since purchase! It's so addictive.

I usually play at night after work, but hey it's really quiet today so I can add people..

3883-5299-6167

I wish I wasn't left handed so I could enjoy Kid Icarus more. Miyamoto how could you have forsaken your brothers like this. Dual analogue next gen please Nintendo.

More Basketball

What are you doing Parker?! Terrible shot selection in the closing minutes

We had it and we fucking threw it away. Awful final quarter. Just awful. What the fuck were you thinking Pop, were they that exhausted? It's the fucking final! Make them vomit!

Missing those free throws after Parkers 3 killed it. Needed that breathing space but they fucked it.

Not sure if they will be able to run out a Game 7. Fucking Bernbaum, YOU JINXED US YOU CUNT, NO SHIT THEY ARE OLD, YOU JUST DONT SAY THAT! JINXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Frawdder

We had it and we fucking threw it away. Awful final quarter. Just awful. What the fuck were you thinking Pop, were they that exhausted? It's the fucking final! Make them vomit!

Missing those free throws after Parkers 3 killed it. Needed that breathing space but they fucked it.

Not sure if they will be able to run out a Game 7. Fucking Bernbaum, YOU JINXED US YOU CUNT, NO SHIT THEY ARE OLD, YOU JUST DONT SAY THAT! JINXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Spurs needed wrap it up in this game, I'm not sure they can survive a Game 7. And that's coming from a die hard Spurs fan. It'll be great to see more basketball but I think the Heat have got this, unfortunately.

Spurs needed wrap it up in this game, I'm not sure they can survive a Game 7. And that's coming from a die hard Spurs fan. It'll be great to see more basketball but I think the Heat have got this, unfortunately.

Yeah not playing Duncan in the last quarter so much is either Pop having a stroke or Duncan just can't hack it anymore. Whenever he was on the bench we got fucked on. 25 points in the first half, 5 in the last & OT. Just nope.

That Allen 3 was all class, LeBron fucked it up and Allen said, "Nope, we ain't goin out like this".

markot

Banned
Stop pretending you like the Spurs.

Why would you like them? Theyre not the Lakers or the Heat, the show boat teams of jerks. The manchester united of BBalls.

STOP LIKING THEM!

legend166

Basketball:

Found a stream online and had like 8 people around my desk watching it at the end. Pretty funny. I wanted Miami to win since I wanted a game seven, so that's good. Now I want the Spurs to win.

jambo

re basketball:

HNVyKDo.png

Omikron

http://www.sportal.com.au/football-news-display/australia-win-world-cup!!!--spot-240092

The sheer exhilaration of the Socceroos players after Josh Kennedy's now famous header against Iraq on Tuesday night stood in stark contrast to the bleak outlook of Australia's sporting landscape over the previous two days.

The nation's two main football codes had suffered through separate unsavoury scandals resulting in charges laid against two high-profile players in the respective sports.

On a much lesser scale, the gloom set in further in England, where our touring Ashes squad was knocked out of the Champions Trophy with little more than a whimper. More humiliation is set to follow.

The round ball code has often been in the spotlight for the wrong reasons, but on Tuesday night, it provided a genuine good news story as the Socceroos booked their spot in Brazil 2014 thanks to a 1-0 win over Iraq.

The players were understandably jubilant, as were the 80,000 plus fans at the former Olympic Stadium, while a nation jumped off their couches when Kennedy latched onto Mark Bresciano's clever cross to head home the winner.

It wasn't John Aloisi's penalty at the same venue eight years prior but it was a genuine collective moment of national pride.

But these days it is not enough just the revel in the moment, the moment has to be prolonged into one massive marketing opportunity.

The referee had barely blown his final whistle when the players had ill-fitting Nike T-shirts slapped on their backs and they paraded around the ground post-match not in the national uniform, but with a trite marketing message scrawled across their shirts.

The coat of arms had been over-written by the swoosh.

An uncomfortable and wildly disproportionate podium celebration followed, with confetti exploding all over the players.

This ridiculously overblown spectacle was to mark Australia qualifying to play in a tournament of 31 other nations.

To put this in context, it was like Lleyton Hewitt celebrating a seeding at Wimbledon by climbing into the players' box.

You have to wonder what would happen in the unlikely event we actually won the thing.

The reality is that with the path that is presented through Asia, World Cup qualification should be a pass mark, not cause for a national party.

A battling 1-0 win over a second string Iraqi team - determined as they were - should not be put forward as an example of our national sporting prowess.

Nor should it be used as an endorsement of the mythical 'Aussie spirit'. Want to try some spirit, how about you look at a team which has been unable to play a home World Cup qualifier in a decade because their nation has been riven by the aftermath of war and civil unrest?

Nobody can deny the players deserve the right to celebrate and in that moment a sporting nation had earned its moment of jubilation.

But we don't deserve to be treated like saps by those who cash-in on the success of our national sporting teams.

Some humility wouldn't go astray.

:lol

jambo

It was kinda weird after the match when they were calling out the players names.

None of them wanted to go up so you had media people running over attempting to ferry them on stage.

Omikron

It was kinda weird after the match when they were calling out the players names.

None of them wanted to go up so you had media people running over attempting to ferry them on stage.

Yeah, was a bit odd for sure, but meh. Equating to Hewitt getting a seeding? lol.

markot

Banned
Well it's not l like they can celebrate a world cup victory ever. Let them have their fun Hitler's.

Also Hewitt getting seeded? pick something within the realm of possibility.

Auto-update doesn't install Shaneus. When you turn on the PS3 and it asks to install just go cancel. Since it has been removed it won't kick you from PSN.

Also seems having a 500+GB HDD is a main cause of the issue, must not have tested it on bigger, non-Sony HDD's.

Yeah, was a bit odd for sure, but meh. Equating to Hewitt getting a seeding? lol.

I can't understand how Hewitt ever found someone to spread his seed with. Dude is hated as fuck.

markot

Banned
Auto-update doesn't install Shaneus. When you turn on the PS3 and it asks to install just go cancel. Since it has been removed it won't kick you from PSN.

Also seems having a 500+GB HDD is a main cause of the issue, must not have tested it on bigger, non-Sony HDD's.

I can't understand how Hewitt ever found someone to spread his seed with. Dude is hated as fuck.

Channel 7 love's him... And the chick was from a channel 7 show!

Top Bottom