• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Fredescu

I mean to play on a different browser from a different location. Candy Box gave you a URL. Wonder if I can just copy the cookie.

Jintor

tumblr_migs44tKNz1qcqsyyo1_500.jpg

we're doomed

legend166

I just did the second run of my latest C25K attempt.

Going okay. 3.37km in 30 minutes.

I get this bad pain just above my achilles muscle though. In fact it might actually be my achilles, I'm not sure.

Actually looking at this picture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Achilles-tendon.jpg) the achilles is much longer than I thought so I'm pretty sure that's it. I get the pain any time I start walking/running even the slightest bit up hill. I don't get it at all when I play basketball.

I get this bad pain just above my achilles muscle though. In fact it might actually be my achilles, I'm not sure.

Actually looking at this picture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Achilles-tendon.jpg) the achilles is much longer than I thought so I'm pretty sure that's it. I get the pain any time I start walking/running even the slightest bit up hill. I don't get it at all when I play basketball.

Using a good pair of runners? My best mate had a similar problem and had to fork out for some fancy shoes customized to his footfall.

Did Major Nelson have a stroke or something recently? Been batshit insane this past week
Major Nelson said:
It also looks at the PS4 as “Xbox 360 version 2″ due to the lack of social and multi-tasking features. The company doesn’t even see Sony as a threat. Even better, it believes that the PS4′s graphics RAM will run hotter, besides not being as optimized as the Xbox One. Thus leading to both being evenly matched or, believe it or not, the Xbox One performing ahead.

CVEW4gd.gif

1. It has social stuff (more than most expected)
2. It has multi-taking (everything but TV frame basically)
3. The company you are paying publishers to only quietly announce multi-platform games for isn't a threat? That makes no sense!
4. Why will the RAM run hot? Too much awesome?
5. Do they have a PS4 to benchmark against?

Insanity!

/comesfromredditsoitisprobablybullshitanyway

Deeku

got squished by subway doors, the train door lollipop chick didn't do her job properly!

It kinda hurt too><

is gillard looking at butt tumblr

Shaneus

Did Major Nelson have a stroke or something recently? Been batshit insane this past week

CVEW4gd.gif

1. It has social stuff (more than most expected)
2. It has multi-taking (everything but TV frame basically)
3. The company you are paying publishers to only quietly announce multi-platform games for isn't a threat? That makes no sense!
4. Why will the RAM run hot? Too much awesome?
5. Do they have a PS4 to benchmark against?

Insanity!

/comesfromredditsoitisprobablybullshitanyway
Honestly, from what I saw of the PS4, THAT is toeing the line of what I consider to be an acceptable level of "social integration". The One just takes that concept, stands on that same line and then shoots it into space with a nuclear-powered rocket.

BTW Gots that controller today, rep... are you still somewhat keen in having my old one? Swap for SSX groovy? We can do it at PAX.
Even swap the game and the controller over as well.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c1e88057895661fc14045e3956a72a70/tumblr_migs44tKNz1qcqsyyo1_500.jpg[IMG]

we're doomed[/QUOTE]
That's just begging for a "deal with it" thingy.

Off to a good start! Shoes do make a difference (while I was doing 5km runs, I was using old shoes, but the other day I had to run a bit in unsuitable shoes and boy does it hurt).

Maybe look up 'shin splints'? I suppose it depends where it is hurting. Could just be you don't use those muscles. Possibly look into running techniques?

Entering PS Plus in July(EU):

Battlefield 3
Payday: The Heist
Saints Row the Third
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Unit 13

RUMORED : Entering PS Plus in August(EU):

DmC: Devil May Cry
Spec Ops: The Line
New Little King's Story (PSV)
When Vikings Attack! (PSV)

r1chard

Congrats!

I'd recommend going to a professional sports therapist (or a remedial masseur if nothing else) if you can. Everyone's different, and they'd be able to have a good crack at understanding what's going on with you. If you've not already done it then getting the correct shoes can help too, as has already been mentioned. The ubiquitous Athelete's Foot stores are good, but if you're in Melbourne then there's a much better place on Queen St (that videos you on a treadmill to really analyse your gait and see what's going on.

I've had a few different problems over the last couple of years' running. Tired shins, which was thanks to the new standing desk setup I was trying at the time. Most recently I've got some tendonitis in my foot which as it turns out wasn't because of the running, but the sports therapist guy helped me out anyway.

Er. End essay.

Ob gaming: had another crack at the Up Goer Five challenge in KSP tonight but using a roll cage instead of the boosters approach I used for my first success at the challenge. Got the roll cage working (it's fun ;-) but my actual rocket inside the cage isn't Mun-worthy...

Jintor

So I got remote play working for about 5 minutes on Vita, was tooling around for a life in Tokyo Jungle, but it started to lag like crazy after that amount of time and become totally unbearable. That said, it was fucking cool as shit to play an ostensibly console game on my handheld. If they can get that tech working properly forever for the PS4 that will probably be the shit. Alternatively they could port Tokyo Jungle to the Vita and I'd be cool with that too because that game is rad.

Entering PS Plus in July(EU):

Battlefield 3
Payday: The Heist
Saints Row the Third
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Unit 13

RUMORED : Entering PS Plus in August(EU):

DmC: Devil May Cry
Spec Ops: The Line
New Little King's Story (PSV)
When Vikings Attack! (PSV)

Holy. Shit.

I love PS+.

Just had sangria and paella for lunch in the sun after cycling around Seville for the morning. Glorious.

the new standing desk setup I was trying at the time
How'd you find the standing desk? Been trying to convince people at work to let me get one, but universities, etc.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Looks like they pretty much have at this stage.

Good for them. They now get the benefit of the cloud without fucking you with a shank in other areas. Could actually be a good console now.

Awesome news. If they wanted an all digital console they should have made one. The frankenstien solution for disc based purchases was just too much bullshit.

the heat they got before even implementing was enough to get them to backflip, imagine the shitstorm if they did this mid cycle it would be death.

2 days ago
Major Nelson said:
I don&#8217;t think,&#8230; I mean we&#8217;re really not going to change anything we&#8217;ve done with Xbox One. We&#8217;re very happy

Today
1. You can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again
2. Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today
3. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today
4. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.
5. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold.

CVEW4gd.gif

Fuck yes, blew up in their faces. Gamers win again. Pre-orders were too low for the Xbone and MS panicked.

The main thing here is that everything is going to be the same as PS4.

BIG FUCKING NEWS IS REGION FREE!!!!!!!

Also they canned the Family Plan with this news, no more looking to 'share with up to 10 friends'. Which is more than fine with me.

tl;dr - Reptilescorpio might get DAY ONE CHEEVO AFTER ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Footnote: Are we putting odds on when all the DRM gets turned back on? I'm thinking the 3 year mark or whenever Xbone gets a substantial lead over PS4.

It's great news. I don't feel bad for being excited about the Xbone's games now.

Edit: region free now too? Boom awesome.
Family plan did sound good. It'd be good if you could have an option to turn it on for certain games, which in turn turned checks on. If the checks had a tangible benefit I wouldn't have a problem with it.

senahorse

Well I was looking forward to not having to put the disc in, so that kind of sucks, I guess I am in the minority when I say I couldn't give two shits about their drm policy before hand.

Omikron

Well I was looking forward to not having to put the disc in, so that kind of sucks, I guess I am in the minority when I say I couldn't give two shits about their drm policy before hand.
It is interesting, as I have seen a few people online lately complaining about discs not reading and having to rebuy, either physical or digital.

senahorse

The other disadvantage is now if you do choose to buy digital (in Australia yeah right, but maybe worth it if you can do US accounts), you can't share that game to another console, unless it's your account.

Top Bottom