• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

jambo

Megaaaaaaaaa, the bot is down again

http://megadrive.jit.su/ is giving a 400 error.

All the info says presentation only, I say what's the point showing off a VCR? Most of their TV services don't work in PAX. Are they just going to show the same game demos we've seen at E3?

I'm hoping for some sort of local deal with companies for TV/Movie streaming, maybe Quikflix or even Foxtel.

And there are two giant "Unannounced" spots on the Expo Hall floor so it wouldn't surprise me if they had a bunch of XBone games there to play.

NeoGAF poll: $399 PlayStation 4 VS $499 Xbox One - does price matter?

Fredescu

markot

Banned
Wait, Nadal out in the first round at Wimbledon? Federer's chances just got a lot better.

811697FB5F6B4291B30648CCA5BCA926.ashx

jambo

Also I've decided I'd rather get a 7970 than the GTX770. Roughly the same performance, the regular price is cheaper than the sale price, I'm never going to go SLI because I'm on ITX and only have one slot anyway, free games, plus I can get a Gigabyte card with a 3 year warranty. Temptation defeated!

Is it a 7970 GHz edition? Those are close to 770 performance, but the stock 7970 will be about 10-15 fps lower across the board.

Well, looks like the Twitter bot is partly working, but on some posts strips spaces. Not sure why and don't have much time to check it right now, so let's just pretend it removes them because of the Twitter character limits...

Gonna play Gemini Rue on the Nexus 7 today on the train, managed to get it to boot to the intro screen at least.

Also, those two headphones look pretty good. Anything similar with wireless? I like the idea that you can leave them plugged in and the regular speakers will work and that one mutes the mic when you rotate it up. Not so fussed about surround but that'd be nice too. $120-150ish...

jambo

Now that we have Nintendo and Microsoft presenting at PAXAus, surely Sony is to follow suit soon?

There were two Unannounced areas on the Expo Hall map, one of them is going to Microsoft, so hopefully the other is Sony.

Wanna see the new console, dat rombus.

Now that we have Nintendo and Microsoft presenting at PAXAus, surely Sony is to follow suit soon?

There were two Unannounced areas on the Expo Hall map, one of them is going to Microsoft, so hopefully the other is Sony.

Wanna see the new console, dat rombus.
TAB have closed bets on 'Sony will be at PAX Australia'. Sure thing at this point with all the evidence.

Unless that last big space is for 'Dreamcast 2 reveal by SEGA Australia'.

jambo

Well fuck

http://games.on.net/2013/06/saints-...ion-first-game-to-do-so-since-r18-introduced/

Saint’s Row 4 is Refused Classification, first game to do so since R18+ introduced

The Classification Board have rejected the upcoming Saints Row IV for an R18+ rating, making it the first game to be rejected since the introduction of the rating and, in the process, guaranteeing it a metric ton of free publicity and grey imports.

The Board’s decision (available here as a PDF) rules that the game “includes interactive, visual depictions of implied sexual violence which are not justified by context” as well as “elements of illicit or proscribed drug use related to incentives or rewards”.

“Such depictions are prohibited by the computer games guidelines,” notes the Board, which was one of the concerns raised when the R18+ rating was finally passed in its somewhat watered-down form.

However, the Board notes that they have so far classified 17 games this year as R18+, which is nice. Volition and Deep Silver have not issued a comment, but a resubmission is sure to be on the cards.

Fredescu

No Activision either. Or TakeTwo. Or Square Enix. Or Konami. Or Capcom. Or plenty of others.

Konami is there. Activision don't make games anymore, but it could be Blizzard I guess! Capcom don't have an Australian arm so I doubt they'd bother. Could be Take Two too! Maybe they could have a big GTA V booth to compete with the SR IV one.

Edit: Well that makes Saints Row IV having a dedicated PAx booth interesting

Jintor

Lol.

So deep silver won't be able to publish in australia and anyone who gives a shit will probably import it/pirate it regardless

gj

Difficult to comment really without knowing what's in the game tho

jambo

Konami is there. Activision don't make games anymore, but it could be Blizzard I guess! Capcom don't have an Australian arm so I doubt they'd bother. Could be Take Two too! Maybe they could have a big GTA V booth to compete with the SR IV one.

I think the real question is why would someone like EA or TakeTwo hold off on announcing their attendance?

Bernbaum

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
The dead rising from the grave!
Games.on.net being referenced for video game news!
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

So, two things confirmed by the Saints Row news: The R18 is indeed a half baked sham scuttled by one conservative AG on a power trip and no switched on Aussie gamer gives a shit.

Grey Imports: Uncensored and much cheaper. Cop that, nanny state. Make personal imports illegal at your own peril.

Jintor

This really is some nanny state bullshit though. Protecting kids is a fair cop, but R18+ is R18+ for a goddamn reason. I suppose there are still some stuff in other mediums that gets RC'd entirely but generally that tends to be another level of fucked up shit than anything I'd anticipate in a Saint's Row game.

magenta

So, two things confirmed by the Saints Row news: The R18 is indeed a half baked sham scuttled by one conservative AG on a power trip and no switched on Aussie gamer gives a shit.

Grey Imports: Uncensored and much cheaper. Cop that, nanny state. Make personal imports illegal at your own peril.

The moment grey imports come to that said conservative politician attention, they will try to clamp down on that too.

The moment grey imports come to that said conservative politician attention, they will try to clamp down on that too.

That will never work. Whether it be Ebay or ozgameshop or anywhere else, Customs does not have the manpower to clamp down on this level of traffic. For every game they catch coming down the conveyor belt, there is a potential drug or other piece of illegal material that could sneak right through while they're occupied.

Our pollies might be obsessed with what material we're allowed to view or consume, but the moment they lose track of where their priorities lie is the moment they lose whatever trust they have left in the public eye.

Also, those two headphones look pretty good. Anything similar with wireless? I like the idea that you can leave them plugged in and the regular speakers will work and that one mutes the mic when you rotate it up. Not so fussed about surround but that'd be nice too. $120-150ish...
I picked up the G930 for well under $100 a while back. They go on special every now and then, I'll make sure to post when it happens again!

Gaming continues to be the redheaded stepchild to media in this country. Old fuckwits that don't give a shit about gaming continue to decide what can and can't be consumed.

At the end of the day Deep Silver are a smaller, lesser know publisher who don't understand how the bribe system works over here yet. At least this is a lesson for them.

Will be interesting to see what the offending material is but the wording doesn't make it out to be much different to Saints Row 1 to 3.

In any case you can't tell me that I cannot experience this product. Global community means I can experience it in numerous ways, all this decision does is block Australians from receiving any of my money.

I played Syndicate. I played Mortal Kombat. I played Risen. I will play Saints Row 4.

Why would Sony?
Because they don't want the news that every attendee will be going home with a PS4 and Knack to cause riots and mugging.

Omikron

This really is some nanny state bullshit though. Protecting kids is a fair cop, but R18+ is R18+ for a goddamn reason. I suppose there are still some stuff in other mediums that gets RC'd entirely but generally that tends to be another level of fucked up shit than anything I'd anticipate in a Saint's Row game.
What if, it is actually bad enough.

Shaneus

What if, it is actually bad enough.

Why only here is it banned though?

"Deep Silver can confirm that Saints Row IV was denied an age classification in Australia. Volition, the developer, are reworking some of the code to create a version of the game for this territory by removing the content which could cause offence without reducing the outlandish gameplay that Saints Row fans know and love. Saints Row IV has been awarded PEGI 18 and ESRB M ratings where fans can enjoy their time in Steelport as originally intended."

???????

Omikron

Clearly not for the U.K and the U.S and how exactly are they different from us.
Our laws and censorship are clearly different. People thinking that the R18 brought us in line were delusional.

I hate censorship, I haven't blocked markot ffs, but I want to know what and why it was denied a rating, rather than fly off the handle like some.

My guess though? Sexual violence.

Our laws and censorship are clearly different. People thinking that the R18 brought us in line were delusional.

I hate censorship, I haven't blocked markot ffs, but I want to know what and why it was denied a rating, rather than fly off the handle like some.

Our laws and censorship are different when they shouldn't be, and this terminology "Sexual violence" is such a broad load of shit that it defies logic. Don't expect an explanation from the ACB before foreign gamers explain it to us beforehand.

the game “includes interactive, visual depictions of implied sexual violence which are not justified by context” as well as “elements of illicit or proscribed drug use related to incentives or rewards”.

Source

Omikron

Cheers Jables. Pretty much what I expected.

Our laws and censorship are different when they shouldn't be, and this terminology "Sexual violence" is such a broad load of shit that it defies logic. Don't expect an explanation from the ACB before foreign gamers explain it to us beforehand.

So, you agree with me?

Top Bottom