• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Shaneus

So guys, I've just started playing the demo for this rad little rogue-lite and so far, it seems rad as shit. Mind you, "so far" is up to the point where I've died and had to choose an heir, and got this:
RDU5lHW.png

There's another heir on that page whose unique trait is that they have I.B.S. I have a feeling I'll be pre-ordering it for $10 before it gets released proper, and score myself the... score... which is actually pretty damn good.

FWIW, it sort of feels like it plays like Ghosts 'n' Goblins, but again, I've not played 10 minutes of it. Oh, and it has 360 pad support :D

Edit: And it has the most amazing running animation you've ever seen:
iHqnHdfzh2lvq.gif

So guys, I've just started playing the demo for this rad little rogue-lite and so far, it seems rad as shit. Mind you, "so far" is up to the point where I've died and had to choose an heir, and got this:
RDU5lHW.png

There's another heir on that page whose unique trait is that they have I.B.S. I have a feeling I'll be pre-ordering it for $10 before it gets released proper, and score myself the... score... which is actually pretty damn good.

FWIW, it sort of feels like it plays like Ghosts 'n' Goblins, but again, I've not played 10 minutes of it. Oh, and it has 360 pad support :D

Why is Santa wearing a suit of Armor?

Ugh, I haven't even seen those movies but reading their synopsis years ago was enough to make me feel like throwing up whenever reading the title.

Strangely enough the incredibly fucked up second movie initially got a R18 rating here in Australia before being overturned lol

Yep, and the reason it got overturned is because the media made a song and dance about it. There's the real people the Government answers to.

AGS on Android doesn't run that well. Gemini Rue and The Blackwell Legacy crashed an awful lot. Would've been OK if the save actually saved like it said.

I played Majesty a bit and that's actually pretty fun. Hamlet isn't bad either. Also played Zombie Hunt! (not that great), Gyro (alright but it's really one-note so gets old fast) and Oh!Edo Towns (seems like it could be wrote good) in the past couple of days. Still taking Android game suggestions. Missed Rayman at $0.99 two days back, supposed to be good.

Edit: Oh yeah, and League of Evil, which I really liked.

I picked up the G930 for well under $100 a while back. They go on special every now and then, I'll make sure to post when it happens again!
Awesome, thanks for that. My old ones are dying and they were crap anyway.

The Foul

So guys, I've just started playing the demo...
iHqnHdfzh2lvq.gif

Been playing this demo since the giant bomb quick look. Amazing game, i must have put 20 hours into the demo in 3 days, its that good. Part Metroidvania, part ghouls & ghosts, part bullet-hell, part rogue-like. Brillant concept. I don't think I've ever played a demo more intensely since like theme hospital back in the day. Can't recommend Rogue Legacy enough.

Jintor

Been playing this demo since the giant bomb quick look. Amazing game, i must have put 20 hours into the demo in 3 days, its that good. Part Metroidvania, part ghouls & ghosts, part bullet-hell, part rogue-like. Brillant concept. I don't think I've ever played a demo more intensely since like theme hospital back in the day. Can't recommend Rogue Legacy enough.

holy shit.

that's one hell of a description

markot

Banned
The Senate has passed a motion calling on the Australian Vaccination Network (AVN) to disband and cease its campaign against vaccines.

The motion, put forward by Greens Senator Richard Di Natale, notes the low vaccination rates in parts of Australia and the threat that poses to the health of children.

The motion says the AVN should cease its harmful and unscientific scare campaign against vaccines.

Senator Di Natale says the Senate has sent a clear and strong message to those peddling lies that "they should pack up and go home".

It comes after the New South Wales Fair Trading Department ordered the AVN to change its name.

It claims to be a lobby and support group that promotes health choices, but the department says that is misleading because it is, in fact, an anti-vaccination group.

The AVN actively promotes the link between vaccination and autism, a theory that was debunked by the medical world 20 years ago.

The AVN is resisting the name change order in court.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-...g-aust-vaccination-network-to-disband/4779882

:)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Anyone in the AVN should just be arrested.. of course then the goverment would be accused of being facists!

markot

Banned
While I appreciate the intention completely and fully agree with it, I cannot wait for the AVN to get on the front page of the Telegraph telling Australia the Senate is trying to censor them.

Tele and co are leading the charge against the anti vaccination crap actually. Nice to see them use their power for good for once.

Rlan

Having a girl over TOMORROW for an "I'll make dinner" date and am half-panicked because I barely cook anything extravagant or for anyone else. Oh god what have I done!

Ventron

Having a girl over for an "I'll make dinner" date and am half-panicked because I barely cook anything extravagant or for anyone else. Oh god what have I done!

Cut up some pork or beef into little strips, then let it marinate in the frypan with some watered-down soy sauce. After a while, the meat will have soaked up all the soy sauce and it will taste beautiful.

...But I can be a better help if you list what's currently in your pantry and fridge!

EDIT: Tomorrow? Ah good. Do you know what she likes, then?

Rlan

Take away from a traditional restaurant, gogo.

I'm even bigger of an idiot because I didn't add "Tomorrow" to the reply, haha. ha.

Anyway I did a test dinner tonight with Porterhouse Steak, Potato bits cooked in the oven and some salad. Seemed all good.

Edit: She likes "Not Spicy" is all I've got. We went to an Italian place the week before which was great. She's over to watch the State of Origin game (which I don't have much care for, but she does and found it a great excuse, and she can teach me :p)

Shaneus

Edit: She likes "Not Spicy" is all I've got. We went to an Italian place the week before which was great. She's over to watch the State of Origin game (which I don't have much care for, but she does and found it a great excuse, and she can teach me :p)
Ask her if she can show you "the Hopoate". Trust me.

Ventron

I'm even bigger of an idiot because I didn't add "Tomorrow" to the reply, haha. ha.

Anyway I did a test dinner tonight with Porterhouse Steak, Potato bits cooked in the oven and some salad. Seemed all good.

Steak? My favourite is Steak Diane. The sauce is really easy, and goes great with veggies too:
http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/diane-sauce-L613.html
(don't add the bacon. Or, you can if you want, I guess...)

Shaneus

Is it me or did they already turn off pre ordering?
I think they only *just* did, but you can still get it if you search for the website in Google and use Google's cache of the page ;)

Edit: They always said they'd turn of preorders on the 23rd, I just assumed it would be up for preorder up until release. Turns out, they disabled it as I was playing the demo. It's fucking AWESOME. Dyslexia is a sight to behold, as is "can't see in 3D", "short-sightedness" and IBS.

Hey Shaneus, you like synth pop/darkwave kinda stuff like Grimes and Chvrches right? I'm sure you have heard of the 16 year old kiwi chick Lorde.
Really enjoying her new single, EP is out in a month or so.
The Bonjah cover of Royals is amazeballs too.

Also lol at The Roots cover of Get Lucky as Black Simon & Garfunkel. They are all awesome.

Well at least we got some good news today!

Having a girl over for an "I'll make dinner" date and am half-panicked because I barely cook anything extravagant or for anyone else. Oh god what have I done!

tumblr_m3fz70dlo81qadp5qo1_500.png

EDIT: fffffffffffffffff Markot, took me too long to find Youtubes!

Just finished my third episode of Friday Night Lights today and Season 3! Watched an episode on the train to and from my exam today instead of studying yolo
Now onto Season 4. This rewatch has picked up steam lately.

What's going on in Tas lately?

(from grog's gamut)

Unemployment at 7.3% atm.

And once again, I have a complete Puzzle Swap collection on my 3DS
's

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

What does 'implied' mean?

I don't get how sexual violence can be visually implied.

I guess it could be built up to and then be off-screen like in a film. That or characters in a cut-scene using euphemisms to discuss sexual violence would be my first two guesses on how to imply it but neither are really visual.

Ugh, I haven't even seen those movies but reading their synopsis years ago was enough to make me feel like throwing up whenever reading the title.

Ever read the synopsis for A Serbian Film? That was a good one.

Having a girl over TOMORROW for an "I'll make dinner" date and am half-panicked because I barely cook anything extravagant or for anyone else. Oh god what have I done!

Just say sorry and skip straight to the sex.

Dead Island Riptide steamkey is $15 on Amazon

Firefly Blu Ray is $19 posted from Amazon

127 Hours, 28 Days Later, Slumdog Millionare & Sunshine Blu Ray set for $24 posted from Amazon (make sure to chose Amazon seller on the right for the cheap price)

Borderlands sale at GetGames. Borderlands 2 for $10. Season Pass was $10 but out of stock now, I would expect them to get stock again tomorrow as they usually get more before a sale is out.

A reminder that Dishonored can be picked up for $15 with a bonus extra dated Bethesda game from Thursday morning Australia time. (Offer is two for one, selected from a list, but everyone wants Dishonored).

You mean 11pm tomorrow night don't you?

Also the other games on offer are if I remember correctly;

Fallout New Vegas GOTY Edition
Fallout 3 GOTY Edition
Doom 3 GOTY Edition
RAGE GOTY Edition
Oblivion GOTY Edition
Morrowind GOTY Edition

Shaneus

Dead Island Riptide steamkey is $15 on Amazon

Firefly Blu Ray is $19 posted from Amazon

127 Hours, 28 Days Later, Slumdog Millionare & Sunshine Blu Ray set for $24 posted from Amazon (make sure to chose Amazon seller on the right for the cheap price)

Borderlands sale at GetGames. Borderlands 2 for $10. Season Pass was $10 but out of stock now, I would expect them to get stock again tomorrow as they usually get more before a sale is out.
Tell my why I should buy Firefly, given I've never seen it before.

Go.

Jintor

it's a space western and it's pretty good

i won't pretend i was enraptured throughout the entire thing but it's got some solid characters, some good snappy whedon dialogue and nathan fillion is a pretty rad dude.

jambo

My guess though? Sexual violence.

It's pretty much always drugs.

Any time a video game has a positive reaction from the player using a real life drug, i.e. morphine to increase stats in Fallout, the board says no.

Volition will no doubt change some names or make minor gameplay changes to get it through, like with Fallout 3.

Just preordered Battlefield 4 from GMG for 60 bucks, a whole 40 bucks cheaper than on Origin itself. Had to go behind a proxy to make the EA games appear at all. The game is the NA version so hopefully it works. I guess I can just go behind the proxy again when I activate the code on Origin.

Just got back from The Alfred hospital, friend in ICU in critical condition. Got hit by a speeding car on the eastern freeway, was thrown 12 mts in the air. The idiot driver was trying to overtake at 100km/h from the emergency lane, and slammed into my friend who was standing in front of his car getting information from another driver who had nicked him. Speeding driver hit his car, his car hit him and he went flying, but very lucky that he went to the left and not to the right straight into oncoming traffic.

Many broken bones and cuts, his right thigh bone is shattered, face smashed but worst part is internal bleeding near stomach and kidneys. He will be operated on tomorrow, tonight is critical for his survival. Docs and cops saying he's lucky to be still alive.

He's had the worst luck in the past year. Wife had complicated pregnancy, he lost his stable job, infant son fell sick, wife's mother passed away before she could meet the grandson, wife had many medical issues after childbirth, he was having financial problems and now this tragic accident. He had just got a placement in NAB and was supposed to start next monday. :(

I have a question about his medical bills, will the TAC cover all his expense or only a part of it? The other driver is with the cops, what can be done to make him pay for the hospital bills? The cops aren't telling us anything at this point, all we got to know is that TAC will pay according to his last year's tax return and he won't have to pay for a lawyer. Any info would be appreciated.

Just got back from The Alfred hospital, friend in ICU in critical condition. Got hit by a speeding car on the eastern freeway, was thrown 12 mts in the air. The idiot driver was trying to overtake at 100km/h from the emergency lane, and slammed into my friend who was standing in front of his car getting information from another driver who had nicked him. Speeding driver hit his car, his car hit him and he went flying, but very lucky that he went to the left and not to the right straight into oncoming traffic.

Many broken bones and cuts, his right thigh bone is shattered, face smashed but worst part is internal bleeding near stomach and kidneys. He will be operated on tomorrow, tonight is critical for his survival. Docs and cops saying he's lucky to be still alive.

He's had the worst luck in the past year. Wife had complicated pregnancy, he lost his stable job, infant son fell sick, wife's mother passed away before she could meet the grandson, wife had many medical issues after childbirth, he was having financial problems and now this tragic accident. He had just got a placement in NAB and was supposed to start next monday. :(

I have a question about his medical bills, will the TAC cover all his expense or only a part of it? The other driver is with the cops, what can be done to make him pay for the hospital bills? The cops aren't telling us anything at this point, all we got to know is that TAC will pay according to his last year's tax return and he won't have to pay for a lawyer. Any info would be appreciated.

Jesus christ, I'm sorry to hear that.

As far as the medical bills are concerned, you can notify TAC that you intend to sue the driver (which you should definitely encourage. Take him for all he's worth) and they might lend you the money for the medical bills under the agreement to pay them back later.

I'm coming from a very ignorant perspective though, they may pay for it flat out, without any provisos.

Darklord

Banned
What's a good router modem to buy? I had a netcomm NB9W, it was great but it died. I got a netcomm Dm111P and fuck, it sucks arse. I'm getting half the speed, and not to mention only one ethernet connect and no wireless. I can't use this.

I need one that has at least 4 ethernet connections and preferably wireless too. Any recommendations?

Rahk

RDU5lHW.png
Oh, that's nearly out? Been waiting a while, looks awesome. Can't remember if I ended up pre-ordering a while back or not. I think not. Seems silly to end pre-orders before the game is actually out. I guess I'll just wait for it to be approved on Steam.

Wow that sucks. What kind of idiot decides to overtake in an emergency stopping lane.

Top Bottom