• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Tomb Raider steamkey for $17

Fable 3 on GoD is FREE for Xbox Live Gold members, finishes today!!!

Omegathon rounds were announced:

• Geometry Wars
  • Win Lose Or Draw
  • Portal
  • Defense Grid
  • Ultra Secret Final Round
Well that could be fun to watch at least....

Know what would be super awesome?

If next gen is the 'omg zombies are so passe dont put them in any game' gen.
Did you watch the Xbone conf? Bettin on zombies.

How are the Borderlands games?
I found the first game soulless and grindy with plenty of loot but tepid gunplay. Style over substance.

The second game sounds/looks like a HUGEEEE improvement, as if they took the IP on wholeheartedly and went in balls to the wall with it. Very tempted. It was $10 last week.

jambo

Best with friends. Or internet people.

The first one really needs co-op to be enjoyed, but I played almost all of BL2 solo and I loved it.

You have to find the right people to play with, otherwise you might get stuck with someone who wants to boost through a level, while you want to explore.

PSA: "Buy" this stuff on the SEN store before it leaves the service!

Leaving PS Plus in July:
3rd July: Kingdoms of Amalur – Reckoning
3rd July: Lord of the Rings War in the North
3rd July: The Cave
3rd July: Rayman Origins
3rd July: Coconut Dodge

Entering PS Plus in July:
3rd July: Battlefield 3
3rd July: Payday: The Heist
3rd July: Saints Row the Third
3rd July: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
3rd July: Unit 13

Dem sequels coming out soon ;)

I have clicked on this link and purchased an item. Thank you, sales reptilescorpiooctopus.

Happy to oblige Mr Lights Himself On Fire! Once you are done with that Lara be sure to shoot some of that Tressy hair my way, this little bonnet doesn't keep the ole noggin warm out of the waters this time of year!

D158BiT.png

jambo

I still don't know what it is.

Gaming Olympics.

You play those games against other people until there are only two people left.

Then they battle it out on-stage in front of thousands of people over a secret game that is announced on Sunday. The winner gets an all expenses paid trip to the Tokyo Game Show or Germany's GamesCon and $5,000 spending money. Not sure what the PAXAus prizes will be.

Here's the final from PAX Prime 2010

Oh hey remember when we thought we were getting Halo 3 and AssCreed2 for free on Xbox Live Gold?

Nope.

They were just two they talked about soooooooo don't get your hopes up for the next 6 months lol

If they felt the need to lead with those 2 games it would be understandable to expect them to be considered the best 2 on offer.

At least I don't have Defence Grid on XBLA. I think.

Jintor

On the subject of sales, think $199 for a 3DS + Animal Crossing is a good deal? Gf's birthday is coming up. Seems like a decent get.

i need to send my 3DS in for servicing, the top buttons are buggered, but it's going to be hell without animal crossing for 3 weeks or however long it's going to take to get the bloody thing repaired... and it's out of warranty, too...

Shaneus

So, I think I don't want to go as nuts on that Amazon sale as I thought I did. But I still kinda want Trials and maybe AC3. Does anyone know if Trials has been cheaper than $10?

Actually, fuck AC3. Plenty of games like it already that I own. But Trials... she's a unique mistress.

Oh hey remember when we thought we were getting Halo 3 and AssCreed2 for free on Xbox Live Gold?

Nope.

They were just two they talked about soooooooo don't get your hopes up for the next 6 months lol

If they felt the need to lead with those 2 games it would be understandable to expect them to be considered the best 2 on offer.

At least I don't have Defence Grid on XBLA. I think.

Well...I don't have that one at least. So I'll give it a shot.

Bernbaum

FTL: Faster Than Light.

What an incredible game.

Ever since getting back into PC gaming, there have been so many games I've played that have felt like they were made just for me.

Powering down certain systems to power others! Strategically targeting enemy subsystems to cripple them! Oh boy oh boy!

Kirby102

On the subject of sales, think $199 for a 3DS + Animal Crossing is a good deal? Gf's birthday is coming up. Seems like a decent get.

i need to send my 3DS in for servicing, the top buttons are buggered, but it's going to be hell without animal crossing for 3 weeks or however long it's going to take to get the bloody thing repaired... and it's out of warranty, too...

That's pretty good, I'm thinking of doing the same 3DS + Animal Crossing cause she keeps taking my game and playing it hahaha.

Yeah my shoulder buttons have been dead for a while and it's out of warranty too, but I'm gonna take it to this place (http://www.beetronix.com.au/) to get it serviced... it's $65 for the repair, not sure how good they are, but I have no other options really D:

Jintor

That's pretty good, I'm thinking of doing the same 3DS + Animal Crossing cause she keeps taking my game and playing it hahaha.

Yeah my shoulder buttons have been dead for a while and it's out of warranty too, but I'm gonna take it to this place (http://www.beetronix.com.au/) to get it serviced... it's $65 for the repair, not sure how good they are, but I have no other options really D:

Huh... how long will they take? No way I'm letting my town wither for as long as it takes to send down to Vic for Nintendo to take a look at it.

Deeku

a beetronix guy totally came to my house and fixed my ds screen one time...so 10 mins!

edit: actually now that i think about it, the guy did a pretty average job of it...i didn't really mind though cos i just needed a working bottom screen so i could trade it in to eb:/

So, I think I don't want to go as nuts on that Amazon sale as I thought I did. But I still kinda want Trials and maybe AC3. Does anyone know if Trials has been cheaper than $10?

Actually, fuck AC3. Plenty of games like it already that I own. But Trials... she's a unique mistress.

Just buy trials. Even if it has been cheaper, $10 is a bargain.

jambo

Does anyone have any old 20" 1600x1200 monitors that rotate? Maybe a workplace that has some older models they want to get rid of.

I've always dreamed of 4960x1600, AusGAF can help make it a reality.

Also, any Sunday passes to PAX Aus floating around?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I sold my GTX570 for $130 on OCAU recently if that helps.

It does, thanks. I'll jump on OCAU and see if anybody wants it. Cheers.

You need it for phsyx hairx and what not!

I kinda do, but the GTX 500 series guzzles power, and if I was going to stick a secondary card in my system I might as well SLI 670s.

What's the equivalent Radeon card... any idea? I'd almost be interested, but I don't know if I'd have a reason at all to use it, given I have a 5970 and 5850 anyway (unless PhysX maybe?).

Yeah, about a 6970 I guess. Probably better off waiting and doing a bigger upgrade later.

yeah don mattrick to leave for synga
you beat me ham

10:47 AM
Monday, July 1, 2013 (PDT)
Time in California, USA

google reader why arnt you dead yet

Woo! Now that I have an proper wireless network card, I have manage to get PS3 Media Server working to stream videos to my Triple.

Now I want to see if I can't do the same for Mrs Squirrel's iPad. Any recommendations for apps that work for this purpose? A brief scouring of the Interwebs throws up the following:

AirPlayer
BuzzPlayer
GoodPlayer
Plex

The thing is, most of the stuff I'm finding is a year or two out of date, which is frustrating and makes the information much less helpful. Anyone got any suggestions.

Additionally, codec packs. Is K-Lite with a bit of VLC Player thrown in still the best? Or is there some new challenger now?

Shaneus

What the fuck is Thunder Wolves?
Yeah, about a 6970 I guess. Probably better off waiting and doing a bigger upgrade later.
You mean I should? I wouldn't be going to a single card anything unless it's a beast, I don't think... pretty sure my setup is still comparable to a 7970 on its own. All that's really holding me back is VRAM, I was thinking something for PhysX just for shits and giggles but I'm sure you'd get a better price on OCAU anyway.

Xbox Live Games on Demand sale
Monday Only

Assassin’s Creed 3 for 1200 allards or $20
Borderlands 2 for 600 allards or $10
Max Payne 3 for 600 allards or $10

Tuesday Only

Hasbro Family Game Night 3 for 600 allards or $10
Kinect Sports 2 for 600 allards or $10
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes for 600 allards or $10
Lego Lord of the Rings for 1200 allards or $20 ($5 more expensive than the US) :(
Monopoly Streets for 600 allards or $10
Rockstar Table Tennis for 160 allards or $3

All Week Discounts

Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway for 320 allards or $5
Bulletstorm for 320 allards or $5
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 for 320 allards or $5
Crysis for 320 allards or $5
Dragon Age Origins for 320 allards or $5
Far Cry Instincts Predator for 320 allards or $5
Mass Effect for 320 allards or $5
Prey for 160 allards or $3
WWE 13 for 1200 allards or $20

Not Yet On Sale

Bioshock Infinite (not on sale yet)
Crysis 3 (not on sale yet)
Forza Horizon (not on sale yet)
Gears Judgement (not on sale yet)
Hitman Absolution (not on sale yet)
Left 4 Dead 2 (not on sale yet)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence (not on sale yet)
The Orange Box (not on sale yet
Tomb Raider (not on sale yet
Witcher 2 (not on sale yet
X-com: Enemy Unknown (not on sale yet)

No Dice For Us Aussies

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga (US only sale) :(
Perfect Dark Zero (shit local price) :(
Far Cry 3 (shit local price) :(

Gazunta

AWWWWWWWWWW FUCK THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!

I should put a Vita on my Amazon wishlist :p

God DAMN I'm excited for that game it's going to look beautiful on that Vita screen.

Also in regards to that sale: Red Alert 3 has Tim Curry AND George Takei AND Autumn Reeser in it. There's your 320 Allards worth right there. I liked it a lot, but I'm a sucker for console RTS for some reason.

senahorse

$13 for Assassin's Creed 3, that's about the price I am willing to waste on it.

Also, goddam 2013 sucks for buying a gaming only TV, they all have obscene amounts of input lag, well except the panasonic s60 (only available here in 60") for a bargain price of $1600. The other alternative is to buy an LCD yuck, or spend an assload more on a VT or ZT panasonic. But when you are looking at twice the price at a MINIMUM I think the S60 is the way to go as it's only for gaming.

Top Bottom