• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Here is the decent stuff picked out of the chaff of the Amazon sale. USD prices.

6/30-7/3
Assassins Creed 3 steamkey for $13
Crusader Kings II, Magicka & All DLC, Sword of the Stars Complete, Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Victoria II steamkeys for $9.49

7/4-7/7
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY steamkey for $6
Batman Arkham City GOTY steamkey for $9
Barman Arkham Asylum GOTY & City GOTY steamkeys for $11.50
Bioshock 1&2 steamkeys for $5
XCOM, Civ4 Complete & Civ5 Gold Edition (Brave New World expansion pre-order not included) steamkeys for $20
GTA4 Complete steamkey for $12
LA Noire Complete steamkey for $12

7/8-7/12
Crysis 3 originkey for $20
Hitman: Absolution steamkey for $10
The Walking Dead steamkey for $10

7/13-7/14
Bioshock 1&2 & Spec Ops The Line steamkeys for $10! Buy this pack FFS!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Here is the decent stuff picked out of the chaff of the Amazon sale. USD prices.

XCOM, Civ4 Complete & Civ5 Gold Edition (Brave New World expansion pre-order not included) steamkeys for $20

These shall be mine and I'll be all good for the holidays!

Although I might not have enough money for Batman Arkham City.;p

Shaneus

Christ almighty.

So guys, do I want:
Crusader Kings II (I assume it's like Defender of the Crown a bit?)
World in Conflict (Good reviews, only $2.50)
Trials Gold (Is it gonna get much cheaper than $10 anytime soon?)
War of the Roses Kingmaker (Sounds kinda good? Team-based third person something?)
King Arthur II (It's cheap and new?)

Anything else that's on there I might like?

Christ almighty.

So guys, do I want:
Crusader Kings II (I assume it's like Defender of the Crown a bit?)
World in Conflict (Good reviews, only $2.50)
Trials Gold (Is it gonna get much cheaper than $10 anytime soon?)
War of the Roses Kingmaker (Sounds kinda good? Team-based third person something?)
King Arthur II (It's cheap and new?)

Yes. Gotta collect em all!

Shaneus

But are those actually any good? The only thing I know will be good out of those is Trials. But am I right in thinking CK2 is like Defender of the Crown?

AusGAF has the best taste.

d0sZHqr.png

>Not Victoria 2 with mods.

Bernbaum

If anyone wants to pay cash money to look at a baby's penis in IMAX format and listen to a bunch of hamfisted exposition, then Zach Snyder's 'Man of Steel' comes highly recommended.

It's OK everyone, I found craft beer in Carcassonne.

Have not yet played any games of Carcassonne while in Carcassonne.

Also, we had Maxibons for breakfast because we bought a 4-pack and had two left.

Shaneus

If anyone wants to pay cash money to look at a baby's penis in IMAX format and listen to a bunch of hamfisted exposition, then Zach Snyder's 'Man of Steel' comes highly recommended.
Was Zach Snyder the guy who did Sucker Punch? Because I'm pretty sure I only know his name from all the movies that have his name as the prefix, such as Zach Snyder's Sucker Punch and Zach Snyder's Watchmen.

Kritz

Banned

Also, we had Maxibons for breakfast because we bought a 4-pack and had two left.

look out for the big meeples

they'll fuck up all your farmers

Bernbaum

Was Zach Snyder the guy who did Sucker Punch? Because I'm pretty sure I only know his name from all the movies that have his name as the prefix, such as Zach Snyder's Sucker Punch and Zach Snyder's Watchmen.

Yes, Zach Snyder directed Zach Snyder's Sucker Punch.

Wait, when did you arrive in France?
I want to go to Carcassonne solely from playing Carcassonne.

Aww yiss sounds great! I'm seeing it tomorrow.

I made it ~20 minutes into Sucker Punch and don't plan to ever return to it.
Haven't seen 300, Dawn of the Dead or Gazunta Owls the movie.
Watchmen was ehh.

Shaneus

Yes, Zach Snyder directed Zach Snyder's Sucker Punch.
Sounds like a douche.

Watchmen was ehh.
Same on all counts there. Except Watchmen had that sex scene with the woman who got her gear off in the first Harold and Kumar movie, so it kinda gets a pass. But not for the 3.5hr special edition I somehow sat through.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Aight, gonna throw this out on AusGAF one last time given I need to get around to selling it: GTX 570 up for grabs. Used, purchased from PCCG on 03/2011, so it's a couple years old with heavy use. Kept cool. No graphical abnormalities/card issues. Selling because I have a GTX 670 now. 1280MB. Exact model.

Staticice is showing the cheapest new at $295.00 (lolwut). Ebay showing the cheapest used sold at $122.50. Honestly, I'm happy to part with it for a hundred bucks or whatever.

If no bites here I'll throw it up on Gumtree or Ebay.

Gazunta

Watchmen was ehh.
Funnily enough I have yet to see the owl movie and probably never will :)

(Well I saw a pre vis version without textures or animation that looked like it was made in 1986 but that doesn't count)

Shaneus, the pressure sensitive pens for iPad are news to me, and it looks like the art production apps I have support some of them! Thanks for the heads up!

Rahk

Just remembered, the other day at JB a little kid was watching the Metal Gear Solid 5 red band trailer on a huge TV at floor level at the point where people are hooded and shot in the back of the head, followed by another scene where a bomb is graphically taken out of a child's stomach, while his father next to him was talking to an employee about the Wii U as the deal posters were above the TV. Hmm.

6/30-7/3
Assassins Creed 3 steamkey for $13
Crusader Kings II, Magicka & All DLC, Sword of the Stars Complete, Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Victoria II steamkeys for $9.49

7/4-7/7
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY steamkey for $6
Batman Arkham City GOTY steamkey for $9
Bioshock 1&2 steamkeys for $5
GTA4 Complete steamkey for $12
LA Noire Complete steamkey for $12

7/8-7/12
Crysis 3 originkey for $20
Hitman: Absolution steamkey for $10
The Walking Dead steamkey for $10

7/13-7/14
Bioshock 1&2 & Spec Ops The Line steamkeys for $10! Buy this pack FFS!

Some of those sound pretty rad. I might pick up the Crusader Kings + others one.

Rahk

It's almost like the rating system has no practical application in the real world or something!
Just realised my wording wasn't great and could be read as me blaming the father (not sure if you took it that way). I don't think he even saw the TV since it was at a level that only little kids could see from the distance they were standing.

Just remembered, the other day at JB a little kid was watching the Metal Gear Solid 5 red band trailer on a huge TV at floor level at the point where people are hooded and shot in the back of the head, followed by another scene where a bomb is graphically taken out of a child's stomach, while his father next to him was talking to an employee about the Wii U as the deal posters were above the TV. Hmm.
Tyler Durden.

Fredescu

Aight, gonna throw this out on AusGAF one last time given I need to get around to selling it: GTX 570 up for grabs. Used, purchased from PCCG on 03/2011, so it's a couple years old with heavy use. Kept cool. No graphical abnormalities/card issues. Selling because I have a GTX 670 now. 1280MB. Exact model.

Staticice is showing the cheapest new at $295.00 (lolwut). Ebay showing the cheapest used sold at $122.50. Honestly, I'm happy to part with it for a hundred bucks or whatever.

I sold my GTX570 for $130 on OCAU recently if that helps.

markot

Banned

You need it for phsyx hairx and what not!

Shaneus

For all those thinking of getting CK2, I expect you all to have a post like so shorty:

bf7.gif
No-one's told me whether it's something like Defender of the Crown or not :( I suspect it's similar, but I haven't had the chance to watch a let's play of it so I'm completely clueless :/

What's the equivalent Radeon card... any idea? I'd almost be interested, but I don't know if I'd have a reason at all to use it, given I have a 5970 and 5850 anyway (unless PhysX maybe?).

Funnily enough I have yet to see the owl movie and probably never will :)

(Well I saw a pre vis version without textures or animation that looked like it was made in 1986 but that doesn't count)

Shaneus, the pressure sensitive pens for iPad are news to me, and it looks like the art production apps I have support some of them! Thanks for the heads up!
Glad I could be of assistance! I'm not sure how well they work (some are BT, I know one uses high-frequency sounds to pipe info via the microphone) but even the non-pressure sensitive one I use (that I linked to) is great and at least *feels* like it's pressure sensitive, if that makes sense.

Just finished Battle Block Theatre co-op with my girlfriend on the weekend. She really enjoyed it, and is hungry for the next co-op game.

Suggestions? PC or 360 would be ideal

Omikron

No-one's told me whether it's something like Defender of the Crown or not :( I suspect it's similar, but I haven't had the chance to watch a let's play of it so I'm completely clueless :/

The similarities to Defender of the Crown probably end at the setting.

Just finished Battle Block Theatre co-op with my girlfriend on the weekend. She really enjoyed it, and is hungry for the next co-op game.

Suggestions? PC or 360 would be ideal

Monaco?

r1chard

For all those thinking of getting CK2, I expect you all to have a post like so shorty:

bf7.gif

I have spent about an hour watching intro for noob videos and I've learned enough to have a crack at the game. It's still overwhelming, but that should hopefully pass.

One thing to note is the game was nerfed at some point so people who talk about needing only 50% of counties to make a duchy are no longer correct, you need 51% now. Bastards.

I've been thoroughly distracted by the reddit Kerbal Space Program week 50 spectacular in which I'm trying to complete 8 previous challenges in one go. It's great fun :)

Top Bottom