• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Fredescu

That cover is hilarious. I guess it was finalised before all the back pedalling because the only difference between the two now seems to be one forces the camera and charges accordingly.

EDGE is out today I assume Shaneus.

Hey rep, you forgot about the PSN sale:

Also,

998347_607673665933944_1723123921_n.jpg
Pfft, US sale! Link us some of the Aussie prices.

Also yeah Occulus Rift is megaton. Will get me in the door, out of the pub.

That cover is hilarious. I guess it was finalised before all the back pedalling because the only difference between the two now seems to be one forces the camera and charges accordingly.
Why would they print that 2 weeks down the track? It would be all about the U turn.

Otherwise they would have changed it.

Shaneus

Hey Gaz, it looks like a bunch of guys you know are working on basically a new Syndicate game. What can you tell us about this? Will there be any Party Animals easter eggs given that it is such a common thread amongst many of those guys?

And how come Party Animals isn't mentioned on that page? Are they not proud of the work they did?

EDIT: Also Fred, Michael Gapper - News Editor for Edge Magazine: "For those asking, Edge went to print after Microsoft's DRM reversal and the story reflects it."
Fred? I asked first :(

Omikron

Given the number of people unfamiliar with Melbourne coming down, I'd suggest Beer DeLuxe again. I know a few locals may be over it by now, but the location and ease of access is difficult to beat.

Agreed!

Sat night/ evening?

Actually, you will still be away yeah?

Keep forgetting, Play Asia deals this week, add $5 postage on these prices unless you buy 2 games.

Remember Me on 360 for $16 (released a whole 30 days ago lolololbombalololol) :(
Metro Last Light on 360/PS3 for $20
Resident Evil Revelations on 360/PS3 for $19

DLC would be irritating though on 360

jambo

mememememeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I have a mate that only got Friday tickets but the rest of us got Friday and Saturday. If there is a ticket up for grabs, then I would put my hand up for it.

I just checked and there's definitely 1 Saturday for sale, and maybe a second Saturday.

We should hear back from our mate tomorrow which would dictate whether the second was up for grabs or not.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I just checked and there's definitely 1 Saturday for sale, and maybe a second Saturday.

We should hear back from our mate tomorrow which would dictate whether the second was up for grabs or not.

no worries, i'll go 2nd :) don't want his friend to be a loner!

if theres a 2nd one i'll grab its

So I've made a new PAX FORM - It contains the option to list the general area for where you are staying. I can't map that shit so it will have to be done manually.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1M0MX2W-enFIMYyJ06Z7nwBscPPkBEMdWQiGtzTSdi8s/viewform

Have a look at it and if there's anything that needs to be added / modified I will do so by the end of tomorrow. Then we can refill out a form and get some real numbers and locations going.
Why gingerbread men? Not that they aren't cute...

Given the number of people unfamiliar with Melbourne coming down, I'd suggest Beer DeLuxe again. I know a few locals may be over it by now, but the location and ease of access is difficult to beat.
If we can get a table inside that'd be good. The location IS pretty handy.
no worries, i'll go 2nd :) don't want his friend to be a loner!

if theres a 2nd one i'll grab its
Still not able to resolve the ticket mailing things? :(

Ventron

*looks up*
It's near Flinders St Station? If so, perfect for me, as I'm staying near there.

What about Crown? AusGAF gambling!

Actually, you will still be away yeah?
Yeah, we're away until the second week of August. I'll make sure to drink some beer in AusGAF's honour whatever day that happens!

OK, I'll probably be drinking anyway, but having a reason makes it better.

Edit: By a quick checkin count on Untappd, I've had 57 new unique beers (e.g. ones I've never had before) since being on holiday. Wondering if I'll hit 100 by the time we're coming home.

Fredescu

All hot sauces can coexist peacefully! They all have their place*.

You're probably right, I fell for the Reddit hype and was disappointed in Sriracha after eating the Indo stuff forever. They're very similar but ABC had a touch of garlic that Sriracha is missing.

"It's nice that they listened and turned around on the issue, but you shouldn't forget that they tried anyway" is a fair stance, but under it we should also be sceptical of any Sony system features given the possibility of them going the way of PS2 compatibility or OtherOS.

You're probably right, I fell for the Reddit hype and was disappointed in Sriracha after eating the Indo stuff forever. They're very similar but ABC had a touch of garlic that Sriracha is missing.
I too fell for sriracha hype (Boing Boing for me) and have most of a large bottle of Rooster brand sitting unloved in the cupboard.

I'm more of a fan of the South American style hot sauces though...

Sounds good mate. Let us know that price and I'll see what the mate can afford.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I need to buy animal crossing so I can join holy in making a house of horrors for kids. I might call it neverland.

Gazunta

OK added my details to the spreadsheet.

Hey Gaz, it looks like a bunch of guys you know are working on basically a new Syndicate game. What can you tell us about this? Will there be any Party Animals easter eggs given that it is such a common thread amongst many of those guys?

And how come Party Animals isn't mentioned on that page? Are they not proud of the work they did?
Mentioning Party Animals is career poison. :)

Um...not a huge amount to tell about those guys except they really know their stuff and I've got every confidence in the world the game is going to be fantastic. I've had the pleasure of working with them on Party Animals, Ga'Hoole and Happy Feet 2 (and maybe Spyro too? It was so long ago...) and they all deserve sainthoods for putting up with having my useless ass on the team. So I know they have what it takes to get the game done. This KS has been coming for a long time now, they're putting a fuckton of work into it and you should support more local development.

Just my opinion :)

Shaneus

Okay, gonna get me one of those PSN cards. Or a few. Can they be used to "buy" PS+ as well?
OK added my details to the spreadsheet.

Mentioning Party Animals is career poison. :)

Um...not a huge amount to tell about those guys except they really know their stuff and I've got every confidence in the world the game is going to be fantastic. I've had the pleasure of working with them on Party Animals, Ga'Hoole and Happy Feet 2 (and maybe Spyro too? It was so long ago...) and they all deserve sainthoods for putting up with having my useless ass on the team. So I know they have what it takes to get the game done. This KS has been coming for a long time now, they're putting a fuckton of work into it and you should support more local development.

Just my opinion :)
Ah, so you know about how long they've been kicking the idea around? MOAR DETAILS PLS. (Nah, it's all good. You should try and muscle in on some of dat action)

R* didn't announce the PC version of GTA IV until 3 months after it came out on consoles.
R* didn't announce Red Dead Redemption on PC... ever.

Okay, gonna get me one of those PSN cards. Or a few. Can they be used to "buy" PS+ as well?

Ah, so you know about how long they've been kicking the idea around? MOAR DETAILS PLS. (Nah, it's all good. You should try and muscle in on some of dat action)

R* didn't announce Red Dead Redemption on PC... ever.
Yep, buy PS+ through PSN. Cheapest way to do it, wait for a sale like last time when it was like $55 or something.

Also RDR was a mess, I doubt they could get that cleaned up enough for a PC release by the sounds of it.

If he considered the DRM announcement similar to being spat in the face, it's completely accurate.

But the act of spitting (implementing DRM) never happened. The analogy would be "if you announced your intention to spit in my face, then changed your mind..." which is hardly as effective.

It is launching with it. The day one patch is to remove the DRM.
Didn't they say it's unrelated? I could be wrong or that could have changed.

Top Bottom