• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

For all those thinking of getting CK2, I expect you all to have a post like so shorty:

bf7.gif

Well I apparently won't have to worry because I can't get it. Stupid not-American account

legend166

I've never played The Last of Us, and in total have probably seen about 30 seconds combined of gameplay, but I already hate it.

I know it's entirely irrational, but the slobbering over it is so annoying.

so who's looking forward to PAX?
If it was cancelled I wouldn't really mind, just as long as all these awesome people are going to be there it will be worthwhile!

Super keen! More and more awesome stuff keeps getting announced so I reckon it's going to be awesome.
Spill the beans, what cool stuff?

I've never played The Last of Us, and in total have probably seen about 30 seconds combined of gameplay, but I already hate it.

I feel the same way about Citizen Kane.

The Pokemon National Championships being at PAX is pretty rad. Shame I don't really bother much with competitive Pokemon anymore (and am not going to PAX anyway)

Does anyone else have any suggestions on good co-op games to play with my girlfriend?

There's some neat brawlers on XBLA that are fun co-op. Scott Pilgrim, Double Dragon Neon, that kind of thing.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO PAX!!!

Can't believe it's only a few weeks away! Yug must be all relaxed right about now :p

I'm looking forward to staying in the crown, the spa, gambling and clubs with Ani as we attempt to pick up hot sluts.

Not so much excited about pax.

I'm pumped for PAX. A little bit for PAX itself but mainly the excuse for all the boys to head over for a weekend in Melbourne. Footy on Friday night and lots of beers! Bring on PAX weekend.

Why are you linking to purge?

Also, yeah. I thought it was just me.

Didn't realise he was behind the you suck at dota stuff. just listening to a cynical brit thing atm and they are playing together.

Thought some people might find it handy, dunno.

Rahk

Didn't realise he was behind the you suck at dota stuff. just listening to a cynical brit thing atm and they are playing together.

Thought some people might find it handy, dunno.
Ah, just seemed to be out of nowhere since Dota is rarely mentioned here anymore. I think most of us that have been playing for a while have watched some of his videos. Good resource for beginners if there are still some around, or just for learning new heroes.

jambo

Spill the beans, what cool stuff?

Gearbox are going to be in attendance and doing a QnA panel about Borderlands

Riot games are attending and holding a $40,000 LoL tournament

There's also an official Nintendo Pokemon Championship being held at PAXAus

Being able to see the XBone in the flesh will be cool

Omegathon rounds were announced:

• Geometry Wars
  • Win Lose Or Draw
  • Portal
  • Defense Grid
  • Ultra Secret Final Round

Seems as though some other stuff may be announced late also.

I'm a little in the same boat. I'm sure it's a great game and I'll most likely play it when the fiance picks it up at some point, but so many people are acting as if it's the second coming of Christ.

I even saw a thread today in Gaming where someone was saying that they literally couldn't play any other games any more because they pale in comparison to TLoU...

There's some neat brawlers on XBLA that are fun co-op. Scott Pilgrim, Double Dragon Neon, that kind of thing.

Which of these is best? Co-op is the only way to play brawlers really! Come to think of it, I might already have Guardian Heroes on XBLA (also Saturn/boast) but that could be a bit hardcore for her...

Castle Crashers, Trine, Trine 2, Torchlight 2, LEGO games, Portal 2, Shoot Many Robots, Terraria.

Castle Crashers is decent. We got a few levels into it, but it didn't grab her like Battleblock seemed to. Portal 2 is also great. We must be near the end of that but holy shit it hurts my brain after a while. The other games... interesting... will investigate. I've always been interested in Trine. I also have Shoot Many Robots, picked up during a STEAM sale and never played like so many others!

Rahk

Castle Crashers is decent. We got a few levels into it, but it didn't grab her like Battleblock seemed to. Portal 2 is also great. We must be near the end of that but holy shit it hurts my brain after a while. The other games... interesting... will investigate. I've always been interested in Trine. I also have Shoot Many Robots, picked up during a STEAM sale and never played like so many others!
I did the same with Shoot Many Robots, so I'm not actually sure if it's good. I played one level solo and it seemed somewhat fun though.

It was mentioned before, but Monaco is a lot of fun in co-op.

I did the same with Shoot Many Robots, so I'm not actually sure if it's good. I played one level solo and it seemed somewhat fun though.

It was mentioned before, but Monaco is a lot of fun in co-op.

Yes, I think we can give Monaco a try.

Actually thinking about it, I wonder if Borderlands 2 would go down well? Hmmm. Our computers are right next to each other, so that just might work...

jambo

I am not buying any games on Steam until the sale hits... that is going to be soon right?! Right?

The last three Summer Sales launched on a Thursday and the next Thursday is July 4th, so I reckon they'll either incorporate that in to the sale or wait until July 11th.

Shaneus

Gearbox are going to be in attendance and doing a QnA panel about Borderlands

Riot games are attending and holding a $40,000 LoL tournament

There's also an official Nintendo Pokemon Championship being held at PAXAus

Being able to see the XBone in the flesh will be cool

Omegathon rounds were announced:

• Geometry Wars
  • Win Lose Or Draw
  • Portal
  • Defense Grid
  • Ultra Secret Final Round

Seems as though some other stuff may be announced late also.
1. I'm asking Gearbox about Colonial Marines.
2. What's Omegathon? I should get trainin' in my Geometry Wars skills (I'm crap, but damn Bizarre needs some love). Fake edit: Wait, it's one marathony thing where you have to play all those games? Fuck.

Also, I'm moderately excited about PAX. For some reason I started thinking that it was just cosplaying fools and some moderately interesting talks, but then I keep hearing about other stuff like stalls (yeah I know, I only realised they had them a few weeks back), pinball (woo!), Antichamber stall (ffffff...) and maybe some other stuff that I can't remember.

But, mostly for meeting awesome peeps. Hopefully that Gazunta cunt will have t-shirts for sale. If not, I'm wearing a plain white top and bringing some puff paint.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
It's a shame the PAX support haven't been able to help you out at all.

Have you been able to contact the address the thing is actually going to and see if they can send it to you?

cant really do that other than write them a letter lol.

the old agent passed on my details though and they said they'd send anything on.

but who knows if it was too late.

jambo

2. What's Omegathon? I should get trainin' in my Geometry Wars skills (I'm crap, but damn Bizarre needs some love). Fake edit: Wait, it's one marathony thing where you have to play all those games? Fuck.

There are only a limited number of participants in the Omegathon and they are pre-selected badge holders who go in to a lottery draw.

cant really do that other than write them a letter lol.

the old agent passed on my details though and they said they'd send anything on.

but who knows if it was too late.

Hopefully they show up, I saw some people on Facebook saying they only just got their tickets today.

Which of these is best? Co-op is the only way to play brawlers really! Come to think of it, I might already have Guardian Heroes on XBLA (also Saturn/boast) but that could be a bit hardcore for her...

Definitely Scott Pilgrim of the two, I think. It plays a bit faster and offers a bit more in the way of variety with four different characters. Also gets bonus points if either of you are fans of the comics. That's not to say Double Dragon Neon is bad, though. Good sense of humor and a great soundtrack (actually, both of them have great soundtracks),

Probably worth getting the trials for both and seeing if either stands out.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
There are only a limited number of participants in the Omegathon and they are pre-selected badge holders who go in to a lottery draw.

Hopefully they show up, I saw some people on Facebook saying they only just got their tickets today.

yes hopefully.

wendy said if they dont turn up by COB today then to tell her.

i'm sure her response will be "oh yes put in a mail redirection form, they turn it on within one day!"

no wendy no :(

Gazunta

My main PAX plans so far are

1) Retrogaming area
2) Indie gaming area to catch up with folk and check out the hot new stuff
3) Yell at Ryan Davis more and apologise to Jeff Gerstmann more

But, mostly for meeting awesome peeps. Hopefully that Gazunta cunt will have t-shirts for sale. If not, I'm wearing a plain white top and bringing some puff paint.

I won't have T-shirts for sale! (DAMN IT WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!) so bring all the puff paint you can :p

However - and I just posted this now - I have a new deal for July you guys might be interested in. Remember how much you loved those Gazatars...? :)

Jintor

I know I have no real basis for wanting to keep it but having to give back my work access card that lets me get into the building without having to call someone feels like defeat somehow

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Holycheck: can't you just present your receipt at the PAX 2013 reception when it hits? (assumingt you don't have your tickets by then).

Top Bottom