• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

9L97fKm.jpg

Said without sarcasm?

Yes.

Omikron

The cheapest MSDN that comes with office is like $10k!

Yeah, probably. I don't pay and we are in MS partner program somewhere, so you get pretty heavy discounts.

That said, they did downgrade those recently too, used to get a ton of Windows licences and it is now much more restrictive.

Fredescu

Yeah, probably. I don't pay and we are in MS partner program somewhere, so you get pretty heavy discounts.

My company is an MS partner too but we can't all get keys. Technet was great because I could afford it on my own and have an army of VMs.

Omikron

My company is an MS partner too but we can't all get keys. Technet was great because I could afford it on my own and have an army of VMs.

Mmm, see my above edit. I can get all the stuff I need thankfully, but Technet dying is still shit as surely they are now losing out on money, as opposed to making some.

jambo

Pretty sure the home and student Office has 3 keys.

These days you could just grab Office 365 really, just pay the sub and get all future upgrades.

TechNet going sucks, good option for MS keys below MSDN.

Kritz

Banned
If I buy Mortal Kombat for PC on Green man Gaming, will it be added to my Australian account despite the game not being available on the Australian Steam store?

I'm pretty sure it'll work. Not 100%, because I don't remember the last time I bought something as a key that wasn't released in Australia. I think I had Syndicate and Singularity and everything else gifted to me.

Tried to reward the boy with some game time yesterday, first shot at the WiiU for him!

Basically nothing he can play. Gamepad stuff required constantly looking between the pad and the TV. Didn't like it. Ends up meekly asking to play SSX on 360 again. Happy with that in the end thankfully!

Kinda sick of the gamepad already, even with the minimal amount of time I get on there.

I'm pretty sure it'll work. Not 100%, because I don't remember the last time I bought something as a key that wasn't released in Australia. I think I had Syndicate and Singularity and everything else gifted to me.

Gifted?
Yeah if I get a CD key from GMG and Steam spits a "This game is not available in your region" I have no idea :/

I'd like confirmation first :(

Gifted?
Yeah if I get a CD key from GMG and Steam spits a "This game is not available in your region" I have no idea :/

I'd like confirmation first :(
You can activate the key using a VPN. Steam really doesn't seem to care if you use a VPN to redeem a key from a different region (I activated a US Civ5 key using a VPN) or unlock a game early.

They only ban accounts for using a VPN to circumvent regional pricing on their own store.

Top Bottom