• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

jambo

Syth, still want that Saturday pass?

The second one is now up for grabs, $60 + p/h or $60 on the Friday night or Saturday morning of PAX.

edit: is it just me or has smh.com.au just put up a paywall?
edit2: just went back there and I can now read the stories, maybe this is step 1

Yeah it went up recently. For The Age too. You can read 30 articles for free a month!
I can't recall which news sites don't have paywalls yet. The Oz has has had one for a fair while. news.com.au doesn't have one lololol

I need to try it again but lately it hasn't had that sweet taste like before.

What are you talking about again?

Expensive proprietary memory cards. 3G probably won't see much use, there might be a better deal on the wifi model down the track. You can't eat it.
Totally forgot about the proprietary memory cards. Guess I'lll hold off till a cheaper standalone deal is available to cover the absurd memory card prices

Can you drink it?
Pretty sure it'll score me free drinks from others out of sympathy for picking up a dead platform.

senahorse

Will be my next tv. Though with that said my current Sony LCD just keeps on trucking on.

Just picked up an S60 from The Good Guys, $1450 delivered, great price for a 60" gaming TV :D

Yeah it went up recently. For The Age too. You can read 30 articles for free a month!
I can't recall which news sites don't have paywalls yet. The Oz has has had one for a fair while. news.com.au doesn't have one lololol

Suspected as much, I would be happy to pay for news if most of it wasn't just garbage or sensationalism.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
It's because you used a 10 point scale, holy.

True fact Kritz, my telstra tech whom was in the office the other day told me about their user evaluation scale.

Telstra use a system wehre by if the feedback they get on a tech is an 8/10 they ignore it as not good enough

they see 1-6 as a fail, 7-8 as average. only 9's and 10's are "good"

Updated
Xbox Live Games on Demand sale
Monday

Assassin’s Creed 3 for 1200 allards or $20 EXPIRED
Borderlands 2 for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED
Max Payne 3 for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED

Tuesday

Hasbro Family Game Night 3 for 600 allards or $10
Kinect Sports 2 for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED
Lego Lord of the Rings for 1200 allards or $20 EXPIRED
Monopoly Streets for 600 allards or $10
Rockstar Table Tennis for 160 allards or $3 EXPIRED

Wednesday

Crysis 3 for 1800 allards or $30 (US get it for $20) :(
Left 4 Dead 2 for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED
The Orange Box is 320 allards or $5 (BUY IT YOU IDIOTS)
Witcher 2 is 600 allards or $10

Thursday

Gears Judgement (shit local price)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence (shit price)
Tomb Raider 1800 allards or $30
X-com: Enemy Unknown for 1800 allards or $30

All Week Discounts

Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway for 320 allards or $5
Bulletstorm for 320 allards or $5
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 for 320 allards or $5
Crysis for 320 allards or $5
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga now 320 allards or $5 for Aussies!!!
Dragon Age Origins for 320 allards or $5
Far Cry Instincts Predator for 320 allards or $5
Mass Effect for 320 allards or $5
Perfect Dark Zero for 160 allards or $3
Prey for 160 allards or $3
WWE 13 for 1200 allards or $20

Not Yet On Sale

Bioshock Infinite (not on sale yet)
Forza Horizon (not on sale yet)
Hitman Absolution (not on sale yet)

Off to Nice today. Of course the French Riviera decides to rain when we visit...
At least you aren't still is Egypt!!!

let us all cast our memories back 2 years to when I first moved to Melbourne and actually thought I had a chance at helping you heathens.

I have since realised I do not, and you people are weird.

http://schnitzintime.tumblr.com/post/6684065095
Good ole SA whine.

Also Schnitz was awesome. Tasted fantastic. No more expensive than the rest of the shit in the CBD. Best chips I've eaten in Melbourne easily.

Pretty sure it'll score me free drinks from others out of sympathy for picking up a dead platform.
I got a few pity drinks out of the father-in-law but that wasn't because it was a WiiU. Vook hasn't sent me shit in the way of alcohol to cope with the thing. :(

Jintor

man i'm tired

landing at tulla at 4:40pm on thursday and won't have any luggage so I guess I could probably make an event

I was more thinking in terms of weird account/online restrictions.

Online is region free, you just have to activate the online pass on the same region psn store as the disc. There are no restrictions to online play based on region.

As for power supply, both ps3 and ps4 have universal so you don't need a step down transformer.

Current idea and plans for PAX are as follows.

Thursday Night - Beer fucking deluxe for those of you coming in from melbourne. Might be a nice safe spot to have the initial meetup at. We can show you why melbgaf is fucking lazy in picking a new beer location.

Friday Night - Korean BBQ at that place Rid knows of. Not sure on time or even location yet, Will get that information soon. If people are OK with this then I might try and get numbers for the dinner.

Saturday and sunday, No fucking idea yet. So by all means, suggest something and make it something new and different.

Feedback seriously needed and welcomed.

Thursday night sounds good, I'll be in flemington attending the PAX meet and greet so very convenient. Can't say about other days until I get my event schedule.

HolyCheck

Updated

At least you aren't still is Egypt!!!

Good ole SA whine.

Also Schnitz was awesome. Tasted fantastic. No more expensive than the rest of the shit in the CBD. Best chips I've eaten in Melbourne easily.

I got a few pity drinks out of the father-in-law but that wasn't because it was a WiiU. Vook hasn't sent me shit in the way of alcohol to cope with the thing. :(

thats pretty much what i said.

chips were great

price was fucking expensive (like every schnitzel in melb :p)

but it did not taste like anything other than a frozen out of the box schnitzel.

Jintor

So I guess TLOU is $90 at actual retail stores.

I was planning to impulse buy it (well insofar as anyone can plan to impulse buy anything) but yeah no

My friend said it was like $60 or Play asia or something but that sounds like effort and frankly i'm perfectly happy playing what I'm playing right now and don't really care too much about getting into the zeitgeist right now so I guess I'll wait for a sale?

I was planning to impulse buy it (well insofar as anyone can plan to impulse buy anything) but yeah no

My friend said it was like $60 or Play asia or something but that sounds like effort and frankly i'm perfectly happy playing what I'm playing right now and don't really care too much about getting into the zeitgeist right now so I guess I'll wait for a sale?

Is $64 at EB Online tonight, postage is extra

lexi

Banned

I'm looking forward to $130 nextgen games!

HolyCheck

I'm already all in on project x zone and animal crossing, brah

ac is taking over my life

thats why i came ito steam/irc the other day as hammycheck, i wanted to ask if you bought project x

i downloaded the demo but didnt recognise anyone but ken and ryu and got sad.

seems good though, tossing up on that or mario+ luigi when it comes out

Jintor

project x is weird. i am enjoying it because it has a lot of things i recognise in it but as a tactical game it's kind of meh and honestly it's just sort of brain-dead repetition for the most part. but the character writing is good and you hit things a lot

Shaneus

So, who here wants to tell me how warranties with MSY work? Came home tonight to find that my pc wouldn't power on, and after much diagnosing have found the motherboard to be the issue (not powering up at all, PSU powers up fine). It's about 18 months since I bought it, yes I have the receipt.

Can I take it to another MSY, or does it need to go to the one I bought it from? (Geelong MSY no longer open on weekends, ffs) Do I bring the board in it's original box and no cables, or will an anti-static bag be sufficient?

Can I get a replacement board that's similar (I've checked, they have a slightly updated one in stock for around the same price I originally paid) or do I have to wait without use of my PC for RMA?

Fuck, really wish I didn't have to worry about this right now :/

project x is weird. i am enjoying it because it has a lot of things i recognise in it but as a tactical game it's kind of meh and honestly it's just sort of brain-dead repetition for the most part. but the character writing is good and you hit things a lot

Music any good?

Capcpom and Namco's lineups in Project X Zone are pretty good, it's just Sega who went JP onry with their stuff except for the Virtua Fighter pair and HOLY SHIT ULALA AND BRUCE WILLIS GAME OF THE CENTURY

I'm definitely getting it day one, but probably not locally. I'm not in enough of a rush to play it that I'd prefer the twenty extra bucks it would cost me compared to the week wait.

Deeku

Whoooooooooa wait, I thought project x was something else.....:/

tactical role playing????! I need to get on this

Nice decided to be 30c and not rain. Sweet. We're going to Monaco/Monte Carlo for the morning tomorrow.

Steam sale started yet?

I need beer. The best place I found here was closed after we walked all the way there.

Shaneus, call the store. I've had wildly different experiences at PC stores and even at the same MSY. In the past had to take the whole thing in and diagnose with techs, other times just in an antistatic bag, sometimes they want to replicate the problem themselves too. Almost always RMAs unless extremely new. Always need receipts.

I do hear from multiple people the Geelong MSY guy is (was?) pretty good.

Mako_Drug

Totally forgot about the proprietary memory cards. Guess I'lll hold off till a cheaper standalone deal is available to cover the absurd memory card prices.

I have a new sealed 3G Vita and 16gb memory card I've been procrastinating listing on eBay. Would be looking for $250 for it, I'm based in Sydney so I can do meetup cash on hand or paypal and add $10 for delivery cost. Offer is open to anyone so I don't have to put it up on eBay and wait for some jerk with 0 rep to win the item and not pay as happened to me on similarly priced item recently v_v

So, who here wants to tell me how warranties with MSY work? Came home tonight to find that my pc wouldn't power on, and after much diagnosing have found the motherboard to be the issue (not powering up at all, PSU powers up fine). It's about 18 months since I bought it, yes I have the receipt.

Can I take it to another MSY, or does it need to go to the one I bought it from? (Geelong MSY no longer open on weekends, ffs) Do I bring the board in it's original box and no cables, or will an anti-static bag be sufficient?

Can I get a replacement board that's similar (I've checked, they have a slightly updated one in stock for around the same price I originally paid) or do I have to wait without use of my PC for RMA?

I've heard the Geelong guy is pretty great about it. Main thing is get on it early, give the MSY you want to go to ASAP, see what they have to say. 99% sure it will be sent away RMA so you will be without a motherboard for a week or so.

MSY got in a ton of shit a few years back for dicking people around in terms of warranty, so they should be pretty on the ball about doing the right thing.

Just rma it direct with the manufacturer. I can't see msy (or anyone else for that matter) swapping over a product that's 1.5 years old on the spot.

Updated
Monday

Assassin’s Creed 3 for 1200 allards or $20 EXPIRED
Borderlands 2 for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED
Max Payne 3 for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED

Tuesday

Hasbro Family Game Night 3 for 600 allards or $10
Kinect Sports 2 for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED
Lego Lord of the Rings for 1200 allards or $20 EXPIRED
Monopoly Streets for 600 allards or $10
Rockstar Table Tennis for 160 allards or $3 EXPIRED

Wednesday

Crysis 3 for 1800 allards or $30 (US get it for $20) :(
Left 4 Dead 2 for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED
The Orange Box is 320 allards or $5 (BUY IT YOU IDIOTS)
Witcher 2 is 600 allards or $10

Thursday

Bioshock Infinite (shit local price) :(
Forza Horizon for 1200 allards or $20
Gears Judgement (shit local price)
Hitman Absolution for 600 allards or $10
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence (shit local price)
Tomb Raider 1800 allards or $30
X-com: Enemy Unknown for 1800 allards or $30

All Week Discounts

Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway for 320 allards or $5
Bulletstorm for 320 allards or $5
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 for 320 allards or $5
Crysis for 320 allards or $5
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga now 320 allards or $5 for Aussies!!!
Dragon Age Origins for 320 allards or $5
Far Cry Instincts Predator for 320 allards or $5
Mass Effect for 320 allards or $5
Perfect Dark Zero for 160 allards or $3
Prey for 160 allards or $3
WWE 13 for 1200 allards or $20

Omikron

Waiting for steam sale, so my purchases aren't linked to a platform on life support.

(Also gog sale is pretty great rep, get on that)

Waiting for steam sale, so my purchases aren't linked to a platform on life support.

(Also gog sale is pretty great rep, get on that)

Ehhhhhh nothing has really caught my fancy (aside from FTL which also was $2.50 on their site for a Steamkey) Trading Card boy ;)

Gazunta

Speaking of sales, what's the word on merchandise that will be available at PAX? I'll be in the mood to shop...

TWO WEEKS!!!

Shaneus

Shaneus, call the store. I've had wildly different experiences at PC stores and even at the same MSY. In the past had to take the whole thing in and diagnose with techs, other times just in an antistatic bag, sometimes they want to replicate the problem themselves too. Almost always RMAs unless extremely new. Always need receipts.

I do hear from multiple people the Geelong MSY guy is (was?) pretty good.
This I have heard as well. I'll definitely give them a call today, worst case I get my brother (who works in Geelong) to drop it off for me. I wonder if there's a way I can get a partial refund or something? I don't think that's a thing, but maybe they'd be happy to sell the RMA'd board themselves and let me put it towards a newie. Doubtful, but can't hurt to check.

I've heard the Geelong guy is pretty great about it. Main thing is get on it early, give the MSY you want to go to ASAP, see what they have to say. 99% sure it will be sent away RMA so you will be without a motherboard for a week or so.

MSY got in a ton of shit a few years back for dicking people around in terms of warranty, so they should be pretty on the ball about doing the right thing.
Yyyup, I remember that dodgy warranty dealio.

Just rma it direct with the manufacturer. I can't see msy (or anyone else for that matter) swapping over a product that's 1.5 years old on the spot.
I was thinking that, but saw on their site (well, the distributor's site) that I'd have to cough up $33 to replace it.

I'm thinking pretty seriously about just getting a new motherboard, RMAing the current one and then selling one of them. It's only $120 and I suspect it'll save me a lot more heartache than dealing without a computer for a few weeks.

BTW Does anyone know if they deal with intra-store (inter-store?) warranty jobbies? It's easier for me to get to the North Melb. one than Geelong.

BTW Does anyone know if they deal with intra-store (inter-store?) warranty jobbies? It's easier for me to get to the North Melb. one than Geelong.

Give them a call! I wouldn't expect it to be an issue unless their internal tracking system isn't setup for it, North Melb store might not want that RMA on their record if it doesn't allocate it back to the Geelong one in the system.

Or you could just sell your peecee and buy a Xbone!

Jintor

i don't know why i care so much about nintendo considering none of their games has ever completely blown my mind really

actually this is further related to the idea of why should i care about the wellbeing of any company at all given the only rational reason to care is the possibility of game/experience output in the future. stupid nonsensical emotional attachment.

i don't know why i care so much about nintendo considering none of their games has ever completely blown my mind really

actually this is further related to the idea of why should i care about the wellbeing of any company at all given the only rational reason to care is the possibility of game/experience output in the future. stupid nonsensical emotional attachment.

Aussies love an underdog!

Also because their games hit you up on dat nostalgia.
That is their sugar, how they get you addicted.
Make your brain remember that time you played Super Mario Bros 3 as a wee lad with your whole life ahead of you.
Your innocence in tact.
Before your soul was crushed by the weight of the real world.
Nintendo take you back there.
Again and again and again.

Top Bottom