• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

teekun

If I were to buy a PS3 from the US, would I have any trouble using it here, aside from the power plug? I'm considering getting a PS4 this way since I'll be over there, but I don't want a nasty surprise, like I can only play on US servers or something. I got a bit burned on buying The Last of Us from the states recently; everyone always talks about PS3 games having no region protection but it turns out the online codes are region locked.

You can get around foreign online codes by creating a dummy US account, cashing in your code, and then playing on your AU account. Online passes are downloadable content that activate to the hardware itself, so any account on that machine should have access to it. It gets more complicated when 3rd party publishers put their own bullshit on top, like Origin, but for a Sony game it's pretty simple.

senahorse

BDpRxVP.jpg

HAHAHA

Shaneus

Mutiplayer with friends online can be amazing with TT, the rallies are incredible.
I've not played it online... sounds like it handles lag pretty well then?

If that's the case, everyone should get in on it. I have it on disc (bought it cheap at DSE yonks ago) but a few people on here should get it, could be fun.

If I were to buy a PS3 from the US, would I have any trouble using it here, aside from the power plug? I'm considering getting a PS4 this way since I'll be over there, but I don't want a nasty surprise, like I can only play on US servers or something. I got a bit burned on buying The Last of Us from the states recently; everyone always talks about PS3 games having no region protection but it turns out the online codes are region locked.

I think that Bluray movies might be region locked but not 100% sure. For games and online just create an Australian account and it should be normal.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Current idea and plans for PAX are as follows.

Thursday Night - Beer fucking deluxe for those of you coming in from melbourne. Might be a nice safe spot to have the initial meetup at. We can show you why melbgaf is fucking lazy in picking a new beer location.

Friday Night - Korean BBQ at that place Rid knows of. Not sure on time or even location yet, Will get that information soon. If people are OK with this then I might try and get numbers for the dinner.

Saturday and sunday, No fucking idea yet. So by all means, suggest something and make it something new and different.

Feedback seriously needed and welcomed.

senahorse

I've not played it online... sounds like it handles lag pretty well then?

If that's the case, everyone should get in on it. I have it on disc (bought it cheap at DSE yonks ago) but a few people on here should get it, could be fun.

I only played with people in Aus and it was fine. The best thing is, you both are in the in best position (in front of the table rather than behind).

I swear he is a viral marketer for the next Dan Brown novel.

Or maybe I've just watched too much Simpsons.

It does make you wonder, entertaining all the same.

Stackboy

What's the current dealy with Saints Row 4 in Australia? I heard we might be getting a low violence version on steam? I'm fine with that. Don't care if I miss out on probings or drug use.

Ventron

Thursday Night - Beer fucking deluxe for those of you coming in from melbourne. Might be a nice safe spot to have the initial meetup at. We can show you why melbgaf is fucking lazy in picking a new beer location.

What time? My plane doesn't land until 6pm, so I'm iffy as to whether I can make it.

Friday Night - Korean BBQ at that place Rid knows of. Not sure on time or even location yet, Will get that information soon. If people are OK with this then I might try and get numbers for the dinner.

Saturday and sunday, No fucking idea yet. So by all means, suggest something and make it something new and different.

Korean BBQ sounds like a deal Friday night. Would attend Sat+Sun stuff too once we have some plans.

I'm up for both. Not free Sat/Sun so ill let others chime in about ideas for those nights.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What time? My plane doesn't land until 6pm, so I'm iffy as to whether I can make it.

Probably start at 6PM once everyone has finished work and all that. Could be even earlier at 5:30PM, depending on who turns up.

It's safe to say it will go for a few hours anyway, So if you're in your hotel and near by at 7 or 8, chances are we will still be there.

No idea what time they close on thursday nights though.

Clipper

Good work picking some stuff guys. Sorry, I'm just too busy to help out with the planning.

I should be able to make those evenings, though. I arrive Thursday morning, having lunch with a friend, but have nothing planned for the evening. Don't forget to include a board gaming session somewhere!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい

Will show up on Thursday night, if anyone in AusGAF has a place for me to crash at for the next morning for PAX 2013, my parents will definitely appreciate it, otherwise I'll just head back to geelong and get my parents to pick me up.;p then go to PAX 2013 by train the following morning (will get little sleep but fuck it).

Not so sure if I'll be available friday or saturday night (depends on what night my friend holds her birthday party). Hope I can turn up for that korean BBQ tho!

Updated
Xbox Live Games on Demand sale
Monday

Assassin’s Creed 3 for 1200 allards or $20 EXPIRED
Borderlands 2 for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED
Max Payne 3 for 600 allards or $10

Tuesday

Hasbro Family Game Night 3 for 600 allards or $10
Kinect Sports 2 for 600 allards or $10
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes for 600 allards or $10
Lego Lord of the Rings for 1200 allards or $20 ($5 more expensive than the US) :(
Monopoly Streets for 600 allards or $10
Rockstar Table Tennis for 160 allards or $3

Wednesday

Crysis 3 for 1800 allards or $30 (US get it for $20) :(
Left 4 Dead 2 for 600 allards or $10 (LOW VIOLENCE VERSION????) :(
The Orange Box is 320 allards or $5 (BUY IT YOU IDIOTS)
Witcher 2 is 600 allards or $10

All Week Discounts

Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway for 320 allards or $5
Bulletstorm for 320 allards or $5
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 for 320 allards or $5
Crysis for 320 allards or $5
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga now 320 allards or $5 for Aussies!!!
Dragon Age Origins for 320 allards or $5
Far Cry Instincts Predator for 320 allards or $5
Mass Effect for 320 allards or $5
Perfect Dark Zero for 160 allards or $3
Prey for 160 allards or $3
WWE 13 for 1200 allards or $20

Not Yet On Sale

Bioshock Infinite (not on sale yet)
Forza Horizon (not on sale yet)
Gears Judgement (not on sale yet)
Hitman Absolution (not on sale yet)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence (not on sale yet)
Tomb Raider (not on sale yet
X-com: Enemy Unknown (not on sale yet)

No Dice For Us Aussies

Far Cry 3 (shit local price) :(

Would go for Boys Noize. would rip ear drums out after :)

now here's a lineup!

Harvest-Festival-2013-Line-up.jpg
Great lineup, would love to see Massive Attack and Primus.

jambo

now here's a lineup!

I find it's a lot easier to like most music =P

Would love to see BRMC, Franz Ferdinand and Massive Attack. Saw Primus a couple of years ago and they were great fun.

Too bad no Adelaide stop =[

yes

Rlan

So in a couple of weeks work's having an "international food day", and for it I want to get some Frog Cakes from my home in South Australia:

300px-Frog_cakes.jpg

Thing is I'm in Bisbane. Does anyone know of a bakery in Brisbane that might possibly have some of these? Wikipedia claims some places might have them, but I've no idea where to start.

So in a couple of weeks work's having an "international food day", and for it I want to get some Frog Cakes from my home in South Australia:

300px-Frog_cakes.jpg

Thing is I'm in Bisbane. Does anyone know of a bakery in Brisbane that might possibly have some of these? Wikipedia claims some places might have them, but I've no idea where to start.

20 years too late but my mum used to make hundreds of those things a week when my parents had a cake shop in Brisbane.

If you can't find them or want to make them, try wine. They make a lot of that in SA, don't they.

How many halfbrickers are being smart arses and bringing fruit salad?

20 years too late but my mum used to make hundreds of those things a week when my parents had a cake shop in Brisbane.

If you can't find them or want to make them, try wine. They make a lot of that in SA, don't they.

South Australian whine is top notch stuff.

Rlan

Well last time we did this I brought in 6 Farmers Union Iced Coffees, so this would be a step up :p

this is legit funny btw, but probably unintended.
I laughed. Sorry Jint :p

now here's a lineup!

Not everyone's cup of tea, but this line up is pretty amazing if you like trance, house or electro

hmmm... oh yeah I know some of those words.

Never have I felt so out of the loop about music.

Thursday Night - Beer fucking deluxe for those of you coming in from melbourne. Might

be a nice safe spot to have the initial meetup at. We can show you why melbgaf is fucking lazy in picking a new beer location.

I probably won't be able to make it every night, since I'm staying in a group and should probably spend time with them too :p Korean BBQ does sound good though, and I'll probably bump into most people at PAX anyway.

Top Bottom