• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Aussies love an underdog!

Also because their games hit you up on dat nostalgia.
That is their sugar, how they get you addicted.
Make your brain remember that time you played Super Mario Bros 3 as a wee lad with your whole life ahead of you.
Your innocence in tact.
Before your soul was crushed by the weight of the real world.
Nintendo take you back there.
Again and again and again.

My nostalgia gland has been milked dry.

I have a NES hooked up to my TV, and it still provides the Nintendo experiences that I crave. That and the SNES is all the Nintendo I need.

I haven't felt any "magic" from them at all since the original SMG.

If they revealed a proper SMB4 in the old style, I would probably feel those feels.

A friend asked me to fill in in a mixed soccer game because all the female players are going to be absent for some reason. Got excited for soccer, failed to consider I haven't played since grade 10. Ivemadeahugemistake.gif :s

Gazunta

Ask to be the goalie. It's the only way I survived playing soccer when I was a kid.
It helped that I was a fat little bastard who blocked the whole goal simply by standing in the middle

AND GOOD GOD EVERYONE GO BUY THAT XCOM / CIV PACK YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT

FINAL UPDATE
Xbox Live Games on Demand sale
Monday

Assassin’s Creed 3 for 1200 allards or $20 EXPIRED
Borderlands 2 for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED
Max Payne 3 for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED

Tuesday

Hasbro Family Game Night 3 for 600 allards or $10
Kinect Sports 2 for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED
Lego Lord of the Rings for 1200 allards or $20 EXPIRED
Monopoly Streets for 600 allards or $10
Rockstar Table Tennis for 160 allards or $3 EXPIRED

Wednesday

Crysis 3 for 1800 allards or $30 (US get it for $20) :(
Left 4 Dead 2 for 600 allards or $10 EXPIRED
The Orange Box is 320 allards or $5 (BUY IT YOU IDIOTS)
Witcher 2 is 600 allards or $10

Thursday

Bioshock Infinite (shit local price) :(
Forza Horizon for 1200 allards or $20
Gears Judgement (shit local price)
Hitman Absolution for 600 allards or $10
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence (shit local price)
Tomb Raider 1800 allards or $30
X-com: Enemy Unknown for 1800 allards or $30

All Week Discounts

Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway for 320 allards or $5
Bulletstorm for 320 allards or $5
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 for 320 allards or $5
Crysis for 320 allards or $5
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga now 320 allards or $5 for Aussies!!!
Dragon Age Origins for 320 allards or $5
Far Cry Instincts Predator for 320 allards or $5
Mass Effect for 320 allards or $5
Perfect Dark Zero for 160 allards or $3
Prey for 160 allards or $3
WWE 13 for 1200 allards or $20

I haven't felt any "magic" from them at all since the original SMG
Yeah! That was the last Ninty game I remember giggling along with. Everything since then has felt kinda creepy, like it looks the same on the outside but on the inside is soulless or something. I dunno. Feels really odd playing recent Nintendo funded stuff.

Amazing value!

Whose ref code is that?

Or a new F-Zero
Would love it. The tiny, cutdown, bland taste of F-Zero you get from Nintendoland just made me wish they would do a PROPER title again :(

Deeku

A friend asked me to fill in in a mixed soccer game because all the female players are going to be absent for some reason. Got excited for soccer, failed to consider I haven't played since grade 10. Ivemadeahugemistake.gif :s
if it is anything like the mixed soccer we had, the girls were just there to satisfy the "mixed" part of mixed soccer lol

cuz u know, girls suck at sportz etc

Is soccer anything like Inazuma Eleven? That was awesome fun.

ALSO Left 4 Dead 2 is on sale again for $5. GET SOMEONE FROM THE US TO GIFT IT TO YOU! Damn prudes here in Australia.

What's AusGAF having for lunch? Only one here at work and I'm boreddddddddddddddddddddddd. :/

Jintor

Whose ref code is that?

Oooh, sneaky sneaky! Someone posted the link in the new civ thread

Yeah! That was the last Ninty game I remember giggling along with. Everything since then has felt kinda creepy, like it looks the same on the outside but on the inside is soulless or something. I dunno. Feels really odd playing recent Nintendo funded stuff.

Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem. Hngggghhhh

Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem. Hngggghhhh

Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing I really need to grab. I need to save up some money! Nintendo games are expensive yo. PC gaming and the fast dropping 360/PS3 game prices have spoiled me (as evidenced by this GoD sale, picked up Hitman & The Witcher 2 for $5 total!).

Kid Icarus didn't grab me like I hoped. I think the control setup is mostly to blame for that. They did they best they could though I guess.

2nd party (is that what they would be considered? I dunno. Nintendo funded is my catchall term lol) stuff has been the draw of Ninty hardware since the SNES passed by.

Shaneus

Give them a call! I wouldn't expect it to be an issue unless their internal tracking system isn't setup for it, North Melb store might not want that RMA on their record if it doesn't allocate it back to the Geelong one in the system.

Or you could just sell your peecee and buy a Xbone!
I don't think I can be fucked with working out warranty and stuff. I'd have to wait yonks for a replacement, if I have to go straight to the distro I have to pay $33 for shipping or something, and I'll be out of a PC for a good couple of weeks. I'm young and single, I'm just gonna pony up the $120 and get a new mobo.

Edit: One last thing techos, the Z68 motherboard is the current one that's cactus and I have a RAID0 running off the Intel chipset... will that work on the new Z77 motherboard I plan on getting?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing I really need to grab. I need to save up some money! Nintendo games are expensive yo. PC gaming and the fast dropping 360/PS3 game prices have spoiled me (as evidenced by this GoD sale, picked up Hitman & The Witcher 2 for $5 total!).

Kid Icarus didn't grab me like I hoped. I think the control setup is mostly to blame for that. They did they best they could though I guess.

2nd party (is that what they would be considered? I dunno. Nintendo funded is my catchall term lol) stuff has been the draw of Ninty hardware since the SNES passed by.

What's not to love <3

tumblr_mpel3iY4yc1qly4sno1_400.jpg

senahorse

Edit: One last thing techos, the Z68 motherboard is the current one that's cactus and I have a RAID0 running off the Intel chipset... will that work on the new Z77 motherboard I plan on getting?

My personal opinion is that you are better off running software raid for consumer level stuff. The problem arises when you rely on a chipset, said chipset dies and you find what ever you move to isn't compatible. FWIW I use MS's built in RAID for mirroring 3 volumes and haven't had any issues with it.

I don't understand this insulation thing in the news. Everything I read makes it out to be no different to most government contracts, mine included. Why isn't Rudd fit to be PM now?

A footballer has been charge with something other then sexual assault!

Espionage, insider trading and theft of millions of dollars of art in complex capers!

Psyche, its rape again.
That happened a couple of weeks ago.
Choc'd.
First posted 2 hours 50 minutes ago

Pfft weeks! You mean 9 years ago now! Same fucking case, just this time they want to actually give it a shot rather than quash it.

Omikron

Heh, you're worse than me at this point!

(Can't you make a new steam profile and do it? I'm up for that if you will do the same for me)

Probably could. We could make the 1 account and both use it :p

(Only want it because I have like 3 achievements left for that fucking game.)

jambo

Probably could. We could make the 1 account and both use it :p

(Only want it because I have like 3 achievements left for that fucking game.)

I can help out with cheevos. We can finally do the melee tank one as well. I don't think we'll ever get the Expert one haha.

Omikron

I can help out with cheevos. We can finally do the melee tank one as well. I don't think we'll ever get the Expert one haha.

We could, but it takes time and a set group of 4 that just keep playing together.

Also, cheevos, woo. Easy mode? :p

Great job Helen!
Helen is amazing. Sold it in a week for slightly more than the asking price we were certain we weren't going to get.

Whoa, congrats Clive! I'm sure you're going to miss those neighbours of yours, though :)

They left ages ago. I got mainly quiet neighbours these days (at night). congrats aren't necessary.

You lived in that? Fuck you buddy, that's a nice house!

Yeah. Thanks. It is nice but it's surplus to requirements.

time to go buy a shitload of packing boxes

FINAL UPDATE
Xbox Live Games on Demand sale

Amazing value!

Whose ref code is that?

Would love it. The tiny, cutdown, bland taste of F-Zero you get from Nintendoland just made me wish they would do a PROPER title again :(
ALL I WANTED WAS METAL GEAR! WHY IS IT SO EXPENSIVE STILL?
What a champ. I would go to that store now just because of that note.
Nice man! Congrats. Pimp house too.

I'm thinking of building a new PC just to be a Steambox and a XBMC player. If I was mostly going to use it to play cheap indie style games (Rogue Legacy-style), how powerful do I need this bastard to be?

Okay prices, but not worth giving up beer for. Short of insane clearance prices there's no point buying a WU before December unless you really want to play NSMBU/Zombi/Lego City/NSMLU/Pimkin 3.

At least by December it'll have Lord Kamiya-sama's Wonderful 101 and Mario 3D World.

Top Bottom