• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Rezbit

Motherboard and Contact are amazing tracks. Giorgio would be up there too but the talking really puts me off.

The rest range from catchy to meandering. Not as good as some of their other stuff but will listen again (and again).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

Yea might grab that. I love schmups, one of my secret loves of gaming. Raiden 2 was played a little too much at tafe and other arcades.

If only it had 2 player online multi, would be killer.

Amazon sale. I might grab me3 from it all, I was going to wait for the goty but who knows if that's happening. From my understanding only one of the story dlcs is worth it anyway so it's not a major issues.

surprised bioshock inf hasn't gone on sale yet, guess that thing has some legs at full price.

Stackboy

The best album of the year hasn't come out yet. It's likely going to be QOTSA's "...Like Clockwork".

I know it's silly to make calls like that, but I am really excited for that album

guess whos in the trading card beta
i got a bounty hunter
and didnt have to pay to get in like aon
steam email said id have invites in my inventory but i dont see them
After listening to it over and over for the past few hours.... yeah it probably is.

YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY

Rahk

guess whos in the trading card beta
i got a bounty hunter
and didnt have to pay to get in like aon
steam email said id have invites in my inventory but i dont see them

YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
Woo, I got in too. I can't check my shit because I can't log into Steam at work though.

Edit: Oh, works in Firefox.

I'm level 11!

Good news! In the Steam Trading Card beta. If anyone hasn't subscribed to the group I've got a couple of invites.

Bad news (maybe, too early to tell)! The travel agent who sold us a tour told us we'd have time to see the pyramids at Giza in Cairo, but after getting the paperwork yesterday that is not true (we leave immediately after the tour and thus won't have time to see them ourselves, as we understood there was enough time during the tour, which at first glance it seems there isn't). Trying to see if they'll change the flights at no cost to us (we'll already lose money on a prepaid hotel at the destination). Not optimistic they'll do it... Tons of stress since finding this out since it was something we specifically told them we wanted to do.

I've been away for so long that I thought OT8 still existed.

Anybody from SydGAF going to Supanova this year?
I'm actually cosplaying for once, so if you see a young (handsome) Carl Fredrickson from UP, that'll be me.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The best album of the year hasn't come out yet. It's likely going to be QOTSA's "...Like Clockwork".

I know it's silly to make calls like that, but I am really excited for that album

Already leaked if you're tempted.

I havebt listened to it and I don't know the band. Best album this year is prob the ocean so far, maybe.

Looks like we might've found an inexpensive (and frankly better) solution to our tour problem which doesn't end up with much disruption. Waiting on a callback from the travel agent to confirm.

Also anyone coming to MelGAF today -- I'm going to create a Google+ event to give these things a try so if anyone wants to be a part of that, send me a PM with your Google account (if you're OK with me adding you to mine) and I'll get it going.

Shaneus

Best album of the year, easily.
So far. I get the feeling that the honeymoon period is going to come to an end for people sooner or later and they'll realise that it's not as zomgamazing as they think it is.

$12 from LOGS! (if you buy another ex-display game for $12 also)
I thought I mentioned I could get it for around $20 at OGS but didn't want to spend that much :/

Fake edit: Yaaay cods :)

Omikron

Looks like we might've found an inexpensive (and frankly better) solution to our tour problem which doesn't end up with much disruption. Waiting on a callback from the travel agent to confirm.

Also anyone coming to MelGAF today -- I'm going to create a Google+ event to give these things a try so if anyone wants to be a part of that, send me a PM with your Google account (if you're OK with me adding you to mine) and I'll get it going.

Nice and done!

Also:

Life complete.

aaezF2i.png

Stackboy

I havebt listened to it and I don't know the band. Best album this year is prob the ocean so far, maybe.

Mmmm I might just wait. New Sigur Ros this month too, I think. Or maybe it's next month. Hope they tour again soon. Saw them again in November last year and they were insane.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Will be at MelbGAF around 5:50 PMish. Since the train routes in geelong don't really give me a earlier time than that.:)

Long day ahead of me today!

Tour problem (which is almost resolved) in a nutshell:
* We had expected we would have time to see pyramids
* Tour does not include a visit to the pyramids and we wouldn't have had time to do it
* Tour includes a 9-hour bus trip from Dahab to Cairo (WTF?!)
* We're now flying (tickets in part subsidised by travel agent) from Dahab to Cairo (1-hour flight)
* We'll have time to see pyramids

Woo. Happy, and stress has just fallen away.

Yeah, that's real bloody tempting that. Although I'm kinda more interested in LSL Magna Cum Laude...if only because of it getting RC'd years ago.

Will be at MelbGAF around 5:50 PMish. Since the train routes in geelong don't really give me a earlier time than that.:)

Long day ahead of me today!

If it's going on late, I might pop in! I'm gonna try hit up Battle Arena Melbourne tonight, but will endeavor to pop in.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I'm gonna be in Melbourne next Friday for a concert. Anyone got any ideas what I can do between 11am and 8pm?

Also if anyone wanted to say hi that'd be swell.

Why is it so hard to get normal, not super shit sounding not in-ear headphones. edit also cheapish

Yeah, that's real bloody tempting that. Although I'm kinda more interested in LSL Magna Cum Laude...if only because of it getting RC'd years ago.

Magna Cum Laude is terrible. Not funny terrible. Just terrible.

thanks to the guys who suggested pack and send. far better than the bullshit I had to go through with Australia Post. Parcel went Star Track in the end.

Shaneus

It's that time again.

BKbkd-hCYAAdVLB.jpg
I don't even know what that's referring to :/

Just buy Raiden. If you're lucky, maybe they even have a full 'tate mode!

zomg just realised that my new monitor stand could handle such 'tation!

Hey Gazunta!
(How much does that sound like a shitty 80s sitcom? "Hey Gazunta!")

ZOMG

SJOQV.gif

Also!
D158BiT.png

Dragon Quest IX on DS for $15 posted
Play Arts Kai Action Figure of Snow from FF13 for $20 posted

Also this Android 4.2, 3D TV from Kogan 42 inch for $449 seems like a damn good deal. Might pick it up to replace my old 50 inch LG plasma for next generation.

Motherboard and Contact are amazing tracks. Giorgio would be up there too but the talking really puts me off.
Giorgio is my fav. Just a great adventure and build up.

New QOTSA is pretty good, not outstanding. Era Vulgaris had a bit more teeth to it too.

I thought I mentioned I could get it for around $20 at OGS but didn't want to spend that much :/
It's $12!

Just keep in contact with me or Omi over Twitter and we'll let you know what's going on.
4UIfh.jpg

I actually liked Magna Cum Laude, I know you guys give me shit for liking shit games but it is a competent mini game collection with a decent enough story and adventure elements.

NOTHING like the old games though.

Top Bottom