• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

I've gone from "pretty good" to "holy fuck" after a bunch of listens.

Yeah, same here. I do have terrible opinions though and might be just a little bit partial... ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᶰᵉʷ⋅⋅⋅ ᶠᵃᶫᶫ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵇᵒʸ ᵃᶫᵇᵘᵐ⋅⋅⋅ D:

Ws8fW.gif

ahaha.

Shaneus

Nintendo's Double Satorus (head honcho Iwata and NoE boss Shibata).
Thankyousir.

So a search for "Wayne's World" would've brought me to that? :/

shaneus?
cookie man?
will you be joining us tonight?
Nope. Still feeling a bit shit and have a family do tonightski.

v4J6R.jpg

u8RZr.jpg

QaJLk.jpg

Am I doing it right?

It's $12!
To get that particular copy to my door, I have to part with at least 18 of my hard-earned dollars :( Unless you want one of the other games that are $12 and are happy to split?

So a search for "Wayne's World" would've brought me to that? :/

Am I doing it right?

To get that particular copy to my door, I have to part with at least 18 of my hard-earned dollars :( Unless you want one of the other games that are $12 and are happy to split?

It was the Nintendo heads photoshopped onto a random picture as a joke. The Nintendo heads was the clue silly! Something was going to happen relating to Nintendo! Who are in the games industry!

Also kinda! Can't wait for some proper fucking shots of Drive Club though. Why the hell do they keep putting out compressed shots. :(
The remark that they should give us gifs instead is a good one.

I'll look tonight! Maybe we can grab 2 copies of Blur.

Also the fact that PGR/Wipeout people are working on Drive Club and that it will take that they are aiming for that PGR arcade feel makes me warm inside. Should end up a cross between Forza Horizon (open world) and PGR4 (mechanics) by the looks of it.

Shaneus

It was the Nintendo heads photoshopped onto a random picture as a joke. The Nintendo heads was the clue silly! Something was going to happen relating to Nintendo! Who are in the games industry!
I didn't know they were Nintendo people :(

Also kinda! Can't wait for some proper fucking shots of Drive Club though. Why the hell do they keep putting out compressed shots. :(
The remark that they should give us gifs instead is a good one.
Totally fooled youse all, they were actually shots from PGR4! Woo!

I'll look tonight! Maybe we can grab 2 copies of Blur.
We could do that. Apparently the online is actually still pretty good for the console versions (PC am bored coz cheaters) and I'm yet to play any copy of it online (except for the beta that came out yonks ago).

Also the fact that PGR/Wipeout people are working on Drive Club and that it will take that they are aiming for that PGR arcade feel makes me warm inside. Should end up a cross between Forza Horizon (open world) and PGR4 (mechanics) by the looks of it.
I'm not sure how many ex-Bizarre people are working there, but I'm pretty sure it's only one or two. Not sure on Psygnosis/Liverpool, but I didn't think it was that many either. Either way, I don't think there's *that* much that indicates which side of the fence their game will sit, though obvious answer would probably be more arcade than simmy.

1998 Hottest 100 replay on Triple J has been fantastic. Awesome radio again!

I didn't know they were Nintendo people :(
Don't you enjoy the GAF shops!

Totally fooled youse all, they were actually shots from PGR4! Woo!
No shit, it says as much on the licence plates!

And the lower quality textures ;)

We could do that. Apparently the online is actually still pretty good for the console versions (PC am bored coz cheaters) and I'm yet to play any copy of it online (except for the beta that came out yonks ago).
Sounds good to me, I can pick up my copy at PAX!

I'm not sure how many ex-Bizarre people are working there, but I'm pretty sure it's only one or two. Not sure on Psygnosis/Liverpool, but I didn't think it was that many either. Either way, I don't think there's *that* much that indicates which side of the fence their game will sit, though obvious answer would probably be more arcade than simmy.
They have been touting the PGR/Wipeout influences as well as the arcade approach so if they are going on the front foot with that in interviews I would assume it plays a major part in their philosophy.

All I need now is a confirmation that the rubber banding will be toned down! Wasn't as bad in Apoc but the first 2 had terrible rubber bands.

Shaneus

They have been touting the PGR/Wipeout influences as well as the arcade approach so if they are going on the front foot with that in interviews I would assume it plays a major part in their philosophy.
Have they? I haven't been paying incredibly close attention to it... but there's a difference b/w being all talk and having the staff to back up the statements. If PGR5 comes out, at least there'll be a history to go off. With #DriveClub, it's still an unknown quantity until it's released.

So you're in on Blur? Should have arrived by the time PAX.

Have they? I haven't been paying incredibly close attention to it... but there's a difference b/w being all talk and having the staff to back up the statements. If PGR5 comes out, at least there'll be a history to go off. With #DriveClub, it's still an unknown quantity until it's released.

So you're in on Blur? Should have arrived by the time PAX.

Sounds good!

Also b/w = Black & White?

Shaneus

Sounds good!

Also b/w = Black & White?
Between :p

PS. AUSGAF COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT:
If you have an Ozgameshop login, you might want to check it out. I just noticed that I had 5,000 points gifted to me in May last year, resulting in $5 off my next order... these expire in 12 months, so YOU may have $5 in credit expiring in less than two weeks!

<3 Shaneus

I think I might buy a beer tonight!

If you have an Ozgameshop login, you might want to check it out. I just noticed that I had 5,000 points gifted to me in May last year, resulting in $5 off my next order... these expire in 12 months, so YOU may have $5 in credit expiring in less than two weeks!

<3 Shaneus

I never got that

:(

<3 Shaneus

Yeah, fortunate that. Logged in a few days ago to check my P4A order, and there we are.

<3 Shaneus
Used mine recently on an even cheaper mw3

Kritz

Banned

<3 Shaneus

now I have a $10 coupon to buy more fucking board games

thanks, obama

*forever alone*

I'm out the front MelGAFfing solo with all my friends at Beer Deluxe until a table with a heater is freed up.

Edit: BananaArnie and I are now both forever alone.

<3 Shaneus

Thanks for the heads up. Now turned into a $5 voucher.

Yeah, same here. I do have terrible opinions though and might be just a little bit partial... &#7511;&#7506; &#7511;&#688;&#7497; &#7600;&#7497;&#695;&#8901;&#8901;&#8901; &#7584;&#7491;&#7595;&#7595; &#7506;&#7512;&#7511; &#7495;&#7506;&#696; &#7491;&#7595;&#7495;&#7512;&#7504;&#8901;&#8901;&#8901; D:

eep

The fat dude got skinny
and they lost their ridiculous song titles, poor form

No, I'm not the fat kid from Hey Dad

Don't lie to us Gaz

Shaneus

CAN I HAZ INVITE TO CHEEVO JOB
Oh right, that Steam cheevo thing.

Can anyone explain to me exactly what it is? I literally have no idea at all.

I'm not sure I do. Well, I'd rather not go out on a limb and make assumptions...
I see what you did there. You were making a joke about my appendages, weren't you?

PS. Everyone should go and buy Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery for their iOS or Vita device. It's made by the rad folks at Lucid (who will be making PGR5, I'm sure) and it's quite a fun, cute little puzzler that I think is made for kids (5+ maybe?) but my noggin is getting a bit of a workout as well. First episode on iOS is only $3 (not sure about Vita).

So..this was my day. How was your day Melbgaf?

<3 Shaneus

14/05/2012 A gift from ozgameshop.com 5,000

You're only 1 year late shane.

Dead Man

Apparently they never needed an internet filter:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-17/concern-over-asic-internet-blocking-bungle/4697236
There are calls for greater oversight and transparency after the corporate regulator accidentally blocked more than 1,000 websites.

Yesterday it was revealed the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) was responsible for blocking the websites in a bungled attempt to stop just one that has been operating to defraud people.

ASIC was using what is known as a Section 313 request under the Telecommunications Act.

It is supposed to be used by law enforcement agencies like the Australian Federal Police to stop access to illegal websites.

The bungled blocking of sites has revealed that Government agencies are now seeing the 15-year-old Section 313 as a way to filter the net.

It has reopened debate about how legal or illegal information is blocked or censored online.

Jasmine-Kim Westendorf runs the Melbourne Free University website, which was accidentally blocked.

"We never thought the block was directed at us, but the fact there was no recourse available to us, there was no-one who would give us answers, there was no way we could challenge the decision that had been made by this mysterious Australian authority was pretty concerning," she said.

"There are some pretty big implications from this about how government agencies might use a similar power in the future.

"The fact that we live in a democracy but we were unable to get any information about how the Government was exercising its authority in this case was pretty alarming."

Many are now concerned that the use of Section 313s could be worse than Labor's mandatory internet web filtering policy, which was dumped last year.

There is concern that any state or federal government body can now effectively censor the internet without any oversight or due process.

Nintendo Directs summary:

Yakuza 1&2 HD for Japan. First time the series leaves the Playstation brand but probably never likely to hit the west because the series sells like shit outside of glorious Nippon. Choc convinced it would be a system seller anyway.

Mario & Sonic at Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics. It's more Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, but in HD.

Sonic Lost World WiiU/3DS exclusive, confirming it will usurp Sonic Colours' position as best 3D Sonic that isn't Sonic R.

Wonderful 101 release date shows that Iwata has a funny definition of the term "launch window".

Pikmin 3 details and date do likewise.

New Super Ouiji DLC dated, limited stand alone retail release confirmed

Bayonetta is the only time I've ever paid the full $119.99 RRP for a game. Nowhere but EB had it locally and I really didn't want to wait for that shit. Good thing I already have a WU so Bayo2 is just a sweetener rather than a hand tipper.

Deeku

I would logically get a wiiu for new 3d mario or zelda, but I dunno, I kinda just get my nintendo fix from 3ds now...

Also I guess it's kinda impressive that yakuza's on wiiu!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I wan't Lego City but I don't want to pay too many dollars for it. So instead I'm going to buy a port of DKC Returns because I don't know what the fuck I'm doing with my money.

The Wii U's "launch window" has been nothing short of a painfully hillarious disaster. It couldn't be much worse than it's been.

Still, Wonderful 101 will be worth the wait. I know it.

My brother's got Lego City, mean to borrow it off him some day, just already too busy not playing games I actually own.

Still, Wonderful 101 will be worth the wait. I know it.

Following on from my $119.99 Bayonetta post, I also paid $99.99 for Viewtiful Joe for similar reasons.

Kamiya has yet to let me down.

Jintor

thanks ! it's nana :D

Yeah, although once smash bros comes out there is gonna be a pretty decent number of multiplayer games on there that might justify it.

From the show? I have like a box of dvds of nana i have never watched

Man the latest gameindustry.biz report on Nintendo is just amazingly brutal. Probably with good reason, if performance is to be believed. Jesus christ Nintendo.

From the show? I have like a box of dvds of nana i have never watched

Man the latest gameindustry.biz report on Nintendo is just amazingly brutal. Probably with good reason, if performance is to be believed. Jesus christ Nintendo.

The manga is better (I think the genre works better in print), but its pretty much my favourite series. I'm not sure if you'd like it but if you have a whole box watch it!

Top Bottom