• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Fredescu

But the main reason for both of us can be summed up plain and simple with selfishness.

Some say breeders are selfish and narcissistic for having kids, so eh, it's not a bad thing that you enjoy your lifestyle and want to continue it. I wouldn't put a negative slant on that by calling it selfish.

Also you both like Windows 8 so it's probably for the best that you don't reproduce... :p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
AUSGAF PAX FOOD ON FRIDAY

I need to give Rid numbers on who is able to turn up. While around 16 of you did say yes to friday for food, Can you please PM me so I can get some confirmed numbers.

Goal is around the 7pm mark for korean bbq which is around colins st.

I will cut off the PM by wednesday morning when I wake up. So we can at least give a good week + for a booking.

Bernbaum

I need to give Rid numbers on who is able to turn up. While around 16 of you did say yes to friday for food, Can you please PM me so I can get some confirmed numbers.

I will cut off the PM by wednesday morning when I wake up. So we can at least give a good week + for a booking.

PMing takes forever. I'll be there for Friday,

Shaneus

No probs, Where's My Water is fucking awesome! Makes it easier to get the lad out of the shower too, I just quickly turn the taps off when he is looking the other way and say the crocodile water has run out!
If I ever have kids, I'm putting you on speed dial for advice.

Edit, ah fuck, DP whatever eh. BTW didn't end up buying anything significant on GMG... except for Bus Driver.

Ventron

Don't know if I'll make it to this one as there are panels I want to see, but we're still doing beers on Thursday, right?

My EPG wasn't quite sure of itself tonight:

dk00Wj8l.jpg

Yessssssssssss L4D2 with Omi and Bern. More Bern I say!

Also see this Shaneus?
Obviously we are a game in development and we are aiming towards the 60fps goal but we cannot make any promises right now.
In terms of resolution, the game will run at 1080p native.
Time of day is something that will be implemented at launch. No weather at launch
Will DriveClub have dedicated servers? Yes.
Yes, the PS Plus version will be the exact same as the full version, except that it may be missing a few assets such as cars or tracks, that will be found in the full version. However the online multiplayer, the asynchronous challenges and the single player campaign will all be present in the PS Plus version.
You can create a club badge, add that to your car, create club liveries and share these with your other club members. There is no performance customisation in the game.

I spent three hours playing a videogame today. That's a lot for me when it's not an RPG with a lot of traversal like Fallout or Skyrim.

Not really a spoiler but anyway. Last of Us
has action broken up into the seasons they take place in.

I played Winter today.

oh my.

I think Bioshock Infinite just got pipped for my personal GOTY So Far.

Rlan

PAX is going to be interesting, I've not really sorted what I want to do while there (except see the Giant Bomb panel and check out the new consoles)

I've got a couple of partying workmates who'll do a lot of hanging around and finding the best parties, I've got you AusGAF guys, I've got a couple of Adelaide mates popping up too, it'll be crazy.

1. I don't have my PAX schedule yet so can't confirm for friday.
2. Do they have vegetarian food? And I don't mean fries or seaweed.
3. What happened to partying in your hotel room with hot sluts? Don't be selfish.

Will there be beer?

Don't you have an anniversary to plan??

Frawdder

The Giant Bomb panel is on at 7:30 so I'm guessing a few people might be at that. But I'll be there (or wherever you jokers are) once GB has finished.

Axiom

I couldn't sleep, I never can. I don't know if it would have been better to wake up to this news or not, but I'm just utterly shocked.

The dude just got married, this just shouldn't happen.

I didn't even know Ryan Davis and I am just shocked and feel numb.

Yeah, fuck, just saw and came to post. Holy fucking shit. Im really sad now. years now iv been listening to him talk for hours on end about stupid shit and making me smile. :'(

Darklord

Banned
I've had an absolutely terrible night with the loss of my best friend. I come on here to calm down a bit, and see Ryan died?! What the fuck kind of day is this? It's like a kick to the head while I'm down. I may not have known him personally, but he was like a friend too. :(

This has been the worst day many, many years. A nightmare.

legend166

I've never listed to Giant Bomb, but 34 is incredibly young. And he just got married? That's horrible. I feel so sad for his wife?

Have they said what he died of?

Gazunta

PMing takes forever. I'll be there for Friday,

Ditto.

Went through the PAX schedule and I'm gonna make Friday my all out goof around day, so Friday AusGAF is perfect.

Absolutely gutted about Ryan Davis. We were just emailing each other the other week trying to sort out after hours drinks. I had to ask my wife to say it again like 5 times this morning when she woke me up with the news.

Ditto.

Went through the PAX schedule and I'm gonna make Friday my all out goof around day, so Friday AusGAF is perfect.

Absolutely gutted about Ryan Davis. We were just emailing each other the other week trying to sort out after hours drinks. I had to ask my wife to say it again like 5 times this morning when she woke me up with the news.

Too hard to believe, isn't it? So young, and just got married. Fucking hell.

Jintor

Fucking gutted about Ryan.

Good thing I don't have anything to do today. I estimate I probably have heard like a couple hundred hours of his voice at this point in my life. Man... damn.

As I said in the other thread, it's strange to be so upset about someone you have never met, but I'm writing this with tears in my eyes. I guess with the Internet now, and by extension videos/podcasts etc it doesn't really matter that you've never actually met them in person, you still know them personally...

The poor wife... They were married for 5 days. The emotions also come from relating a situation to your own, and I know that if I lost my wife after being married for 5 days, I would be done...

Fucking gutted about Ryan.

Good thing I don't have anything to do today. I estimate I probably have heard like a couple hundred hours of his voice at this point in my life. Man... damn.
Yeah so many hours a week of him plus the countless times iv just relistened to a bombcast before falling alseep. Feels like I know him better than some of my friends.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
With the sad news that hit us this morning, I'm thinking I may move the food event to sunday night.

If giantbomb actually turn up for the event, Then i'm sure just about everyone here will want to head over to the panel which is at 7:30pm.

Sunday night would be a smaller crowd, But it might be a better option. That way we can all move around getting drunk remembering things on friday and saturday night. A celebration for those that were big fans of GB and Ryans work.

Bernbaum

Holy crap. RIP Ryan.

I met him at E3. Very busy man, but friendly and jovial to everyone. Those guys work their arses off, and for me to see Ryan in action after listening to so many hours of him on the Bombcast was a revelation as to how much they actually love their craft.

The Bombcast fell out of rotation on my iTunes but his recent appearance on Idle Thumbs provided welcome insight into what he valued as a gamer. His video reviews on Gamespot were their best and his opinion influenced many game purchases, rarely with regret.

Hardworking, intelligent and entertaining. He'll be missed.

Shaneus

I know a lot of you guys are Giant Bomb fans, Ryan Davis has passed away at 34.
Oh jesus fucking christ.

Can someone post that article here? I can't see it at work.

I hope somehow Jeff can still make it down here. If anything, it can be a Ryan tribute show :)

New Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle

75c a game, includes Shaneus' favourite, Ocean City Racing!

If/when the games get greenlit you get a Steamkey in your Groupees account.
Hope that lasts until this arvo, blocked at work :/

Top Bottom