• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Danoss

Woo! Congrats :) How are you doing it... eating better and exercise? Whatever it is, good on you for finding something you can stick to. Wish I could :/

So far it has just been diet change. Smaller meals and better things in them. I have been much more active and I'm sure that has helped, but I've been lazy on the dedicated exercise front due to the cold and wet weather. I'll make a more concerted effort in that area soon, which should have a greater impact.

that's a pretty good way to put it. Grats, D.

Thanks mate, was hoping it wouldn't come across as mean or anything like that.

teekun

anyone dressing up for PAX?

im trying to work out who to not hang out with

Oh no, that's right. PAX is one of those conventions.

I don't mind good costumes but there's totally going to be people in just ears and tails or some shit, isn't there :(

Jintor

If it weren't for the remote possibility I might have to act in a semi-professional capacity, I would try and get a Phoenix Wright thing going

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Oh no, that's right. PAX is one of those conventions.

I don't mind good costumes but there's totally going to be people in just ears and tails or some shit, isn't there :(

the smell is going to be putrid too.

i'm almost tempted to make myself sick that week so I have a blocked nose.

jambo

This is why I have a 60" tv

xo5hHwuh.jpg

Missus is making an AssCreed outfit, I'll either do Mario jumpsuit, Commander Keen or nothing.

Shaneus

See, I'm actually reasonably confident I could pull off Brad Muir:
pEcseU6l.jpg

I think all I'd need to get is a haircut and a plaid shirt and I'd be set. Would probably also make/buy a chalice of some kind.

FUCK. Double post again. shit.

See, I'm actually reasonably confident I could pull off Brad Muir:

I think all I'd need to get is a haircut and a plaid shirt and I'd be set. Would probably also make/buy a chalice of some kind.

FUCK. Double post again. shit.

I don't think I'd recognise it as a costume. What happened to the Doritos pope costume anyhow?

Shaneus

I don't think I'd recognise it as a costume.
That's the idea ;)

What happened to the Doritos pope costume anyhow?
Enthusiasm waned :/ I have some other ideas that don't require anywhere near as much commitment which I may or may not enact. Otherwise, I'm going as the guy with the world's biggest gaming backlog :(

(To be honest, I'd completely forgotten about Doritos pope. It's a costume that doubles as food! Probably back on the agenda :) )

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I guess ozgameshop is really the only place to buy AU/UK 3DS games at a not so fucking insane price?

Mario kart is $50 from there while here it's around the $69 mark. $19 isn't the end of the world but $70 for a god damn 3DS game sure as hell is.

lexi

Banned
That looks amazing. Have to preorder it soon, I thinks.

PC / nextgen port, thanks. Not gonna play that game on 8 year old hardware.

So I guess ozgameshop is really the only place to buy AU/UK 3DS games at a not so fucking insane price?

Mario kart is $50 from there while here it's around the $69 mark. $19 isn't the end of the world but $70 for a god damn 3DS game sure as hell is.

This is why I don't own a 3DS. I have like 11 Vita games for $70. (PS Plus & a $15 copy of Lumines)

Omni

PC / nextgen port, thanks. Not gonna play that game on 8 year old hardware.

Yah, good point. Even GTA IV was pretty terrible in itself...

Pretty surprising that it hasn't been announced for next gen consoles/pc though. Would make buying a copy much more worth it.

God damn, they are not really expecting much of Pacific Rim. No gold class sessions at my local cinemas.
Im ambivalent but my brother reeeaaalllly wants to see it.

Shaneus

Holy shit, I just remembered what I always wanted to dress up as for Halloween but is so much more appropriate for PAX:
typing.jpg

All I need is a cheap suit and I'm set. Probably gut the DC so all I'm carrying is the shell and I actually have two DC keyboards. This is too perfect.

Rahk

God damn, they are not really expecting much of Pacific Rim. No gold class sessions at my local cinemas.
Im ambivalent but my brother reeeaaalllly wants to see it.
I'm not sure if they just haven't updated all the times yet, but there's hardly any sessions at all at my local. Tomorrow, after the 3:50 session, there are only three more sessions and two of those are on at the same time (one Vmax and one GC/3D). And only three sessions total on Saturday, two on Sunday, huh.

NINNNTEEENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU DUMB FUCKERS WAT R U DOINNNNNNNG STAAAAAAHP
Hubris. Also they don't care that they are heading for small player in a big pond status. They will just draw back to handhelds at this rate, at least Smash is making an appearance there!

teekun

Man, I don't give a shit about EVO or e-sports in general, but I can't understand why the hell they'd disallow broadcasting a SSBM tournament. I mean, it's not like this is a new game, and anything that generates hype for the series has to be good for them, right?

In more positive Nintendo news, if you've got a North American 3DS, they're giving you $30 eShop credit for buying Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei IV.

The marketing team has topped themselves today I bet. Miss out on all that free marketing in the lead up to TWO new Smash games being released? Fucking insanity.

jambo

When *is* EVO again? I think it was for that where I first watched competitive Catherine gameplay. Holy shit that was intense.

It's a huge annual fighting game tournament in the US. Thousands of players, tens of thousands of dollars in prizes.

Top Bottom