• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Also I lied.

I'm dressing up.

My dream costume.

Wearing my brown jumper and carrying around a stick of leek.

FARRRRFETCHHHD

HolyCheck

I might burn down the Convention Centre, would take out a big chunk of the Adelaide Furry population.
It saddens me that other states don't get to have things like avcon/pax/comicon in their cbd exhibition centre like adelaide do.

Shaneus

jambo

But what is it, where is it, how many people are there and if there are any prizes, how much are they worth?

mkUz8sG.jpg

About 11 sir.

Shaneus

Oh, you guys!

Also, I know this was posted a day or two ago in the respective OT, but this person could well be the world's biggest arsehole:
Rogue Legacy in one mail:
1373366114-sans-titre-2.png

Sorry, but... No. Couldn't get fun out of it, and that within the first minutes. I always finish my games, but I think I've never gotten a so bad reaction over a game. Seriously, I really hated it.

teekun

Oh, you guys!

Also, I know this was posted a day or two ago in the respective OT, but this person could well be the world's biggest arsehole:

Hahaha what a piece of shit. Played an indie game for 5 hours before deciding he didn't like it and then wants his money back? Fuck. Good on them for being friendly about it, though. They'd have every right in the world to not refund his money.

Is anyone playing The Last of Us online? I started it up for the first time the other night and had a blast with it. Reminded me a lot of Uncharted's MP but with a greater emphasis on stealth. The metagame adds heaps to the experience as well.

HolyCheck

Hahaha what a piece of shit. Played an indie game for 5 hours before deciding he didn't like it and then wants his money back? Fuck. Good on them for being friendly about it, though. They'd have every right in the world to not refund his money.

Is anyone playing The Last of Us online? I started it up for the first time the other night and had a blast with it. Reminded me a lot of Uncharted's MP but with a greater emphasis on stealth. The metagame adds heaps to the experience as well.

5 minutes.

And I'm fine with what he's done. I'd do the same thing for some games if I could be bothered. Especially indie games that I've bought to try and be nice. Then it bores me to shits.

Like that puddle game on the wii u

teekun

Fucking cold and our heater broke last night. The only backups we have until we can get it repaired are electricity sucking space heaters. Joy.

I think I've seen more frost on windscreens in the past week than I had in the previous 5 years I've lived in Melbourne.

HolyCheck

Fucking cold and our heater broke last night. The only backups we have until we can get it repaired are electricity sucking space heaters. Joy.

I think I've seen more frost on windscreens in the past week than I had in the previous 5 years I've lived in Melbourne.
I picked a great day to wake up at 5am to head out to bloody laverton.

Shaneus

5 minutes.

And I'm fine with what he's done. I'd do the same thing for some games if I could be bothered. Especially indie games that I've bought to try and be nice. Then it bores me to shits.

Like that puddle game on the wii u
There was a demo which was almost identical to the full game. Dude should know better. Stupid move: Buying a game there's a demo for. Dick move: Asking for a refund for said game FROM AN INDIE DEVELOPER. What a prick.

TY, shaneus pulled a holy. And all he supplied said 5 mins.

Then yes dick move.

Had it been 5-15 minutes I'm all for it.
Didn't pull a holy, quoting people has a little link you can click on that takes you to the thread the post was in! Internet!

I now own a robe and slippers. Feels warm man.

Will be used for my tests on monday.
A pipe had better damn well be next on your list.

teekun

There was a demo which was almost identical to the full game. Dude should know better. Stupid move: Buying a game there's a demo for. Dick move: Asking for a refund for said game FROM AN INDIE DEVELOPER. What a prick.

The worst part is calling out their game for being "unbalanced" because he was only able to play it for FIVE HOURS before he started to have trouble progressing.

Piece of garbage, seriously.

Shaneus

The worst part is calling out their game for being "unbalanced" because he was only able to play it for FIVE HOURS before he started to have trouble progressing.

Piece of garbage, seriously.
Yep. Scum who might as well have admitted he pirated it.
Probably kept the DRM-free version too.
Wouldn't surprise me. Hope there's something in the game that has a simple pingback. Doubt it, but it would be SO sweet if there was. Maybe there are online scores?

Also, re: Ryan Davis... this is TOO badarse:
http://hollywoodlife.com/

Gazunta

So weird to think that my decision to buy PAX Australia tickets was a five second decision that went "well if the GB guys are coming over I'll kick myself for not going" and now who knows if any of them will come now at all.

Farrrrrkkkkkkkkk. Microsoft changing your allards to $$$ with the new Beta. UK gets fucked so I expect we will too. Games will cost more down here, getting rid of the advantage they had over PSN.

Depending on how the conversion of your current points work this could be painful as fuck for those with a ton of allards :(

Also, re: Ryan Davis... this is TOO badarse:
http://hollywoodlife.com/

Awwwwwww the West's look so loving with their baby. They look like real people too!

teekun

Speaking of which, I haven't seen PAX Aus even acknowledge his passing yet. Did I miss something? I mean, obviously they don't want to announce any changes to the panel until they know specifics, but you'd think such an important figure in the gaming industry would at least get a mention already.

Shaneus

Farrrrrkkkkkkkkk. Microsoft changing your allards to $$$ with the new Beta. UK gets fucked so I expect we will too. Games will cost more down here, getting rid of the advantage they had over PSN.

Depending on how the conversion of your current points work this could be painful as fuck for those with a ton of allards :(
But if they're ripping us off with prices, doesn't that mean if we have points now, they'll get converted to a greater dollar amount? I'm no econologist, but I think there's some way we come out in front with this... at least in the short term.

So weird to think that my decision to buy PAX Australia tickets was a five second decision that went "well if the GB guys are coming over I'll kick myself for not going" and now who knows if any of them will come now at all.
Has there been any news on that front? I mentioned something briefly in the thread, but I was hoping that Jeff could still come down and either bring someone else or just do something by himself... but make it a Ryan Davis tribute talk/event. Obviously understandable if he doesn't, though.

Maybe? It looks like a Facebook game :(

Shopping Express have an odd deal where you buy 3 things for $45 plus shipping, list includes stuff like AMD A4 3400 CPU and 32GB USB sticks.

Run Tracker is FREE on iOS POS right meow too peeps!

QUOTE=Shaneus;69275076]But if they're ripping us off with prices, doesn't that mean if we have points now, they'll get converted to a greater dollar amount? I'm no econologist, but I think there's some way we come out in front with this... at least in the short term.[/QUOTE]

Reading the threads over on Xbox.com I can't tell one way or the other. Some are saying they got fucked, others not.

In any case this is what the deal is

XBLA games are now in dollar values.

1.) 1500 point cards are $25AUD RRP. So a 1200 point game is $20 for someone who bought a card. If 1200 allard games now cost $20AUD in Australia everything will be sweet on that end.

2.) If I have 3000 allards in my account do they convert to the CURRENT RRP rate or the future rate if 1.) isn't true.

FUN! J Allard is rolling over in his grave :(

Rahk

Maybe? It looks like a Facebook game :(
I thought it looked crap, but people are saying it's good and is pretty much Tokyo Jungle. I haven't played Tokyo Jungle yet though. It is a PS Mobile game, so that's why it looks graphically bad I guess.

OH YEAH

CRICKET!

I'm fucking psyched for the Cricket this year for some reason. In Lehmann we trust!

I thought it looked crap, but people are saying it's good and is pretty much Tokyo Jungle. I haven't played Tokyo Jungle yet though. It is a PS Mobile game, so that's why it looks graphically bad I guess.

Looks like an awesome sRPG to me! Much better than I was expecting.

I NEED A VITA

OH SHIT

I NEED A PS4

FUCK YOU SONYYYYY

GONNA MAKE ME GET THAT SECOND JOB AFTER ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Even though I think Australia will get smashed, if we put up a fight I will be pleasantly surprised.

I am excited though. Wish Bird could get a run in the first XI.

Fuck Peter Siddle. Birdman should be playing in every test.

I can't see us really challenging at all tbh.

Top Bottom